Qualified with a UK accounting professional qualification not recognised in Malaysia
I hold a UK recognised accounting qualification for many years. Unfortunately, my qualification is not recognised in Malaysia, my home country.
I was told many times over many years that there are people pursuing the recognition of my qualification but all they kept saying is promises and promising statements but no promises delivered so far.
In the last AGM held by the local alumni for this UK body, there was again promises made that recognition by the national regulatory body will be delivered within three to six months time. Now, one year and almost two months has passed, where is that deservedly recognition? No where in sight.
Last year, a group of probably disgruntled members took up suit case against the regulatory body over the delay in evaluating their qualification for eligibility to sit the qualifying examination of the regulatory body. This group failed. After which was quietness, no appeal.
Of late, there is confirmations handed down by the regulatory body that holders of this recognised UK accounting qualification can sit the qualifying examinations of the regulatory body. This is a chance now for those holding this UK unrecognised qualification in Malaysia.
The question is why is the alumni body or its UK parent body keeping quiet over this acceptance of its qualification by the regulatory body in Malaysia? Don't the parent body in UK like to see its members graduate in Malaysia and become full-fledged accountants rather than retire a slow-suffering frustrated and angry days numbered?
Without membership of the regulatory body in Malaysia, one cannot be called an "accountant" and we are law abiding Malaysian citizens holding that UK recognised accounting qualifications.
What can members alike me do now? Take legal action again? Against the parent body for not showing enough support?
I do share the mindfullness of concerned really helpful people around. There are many who said why not the regulatory body just recognised this qualification when it has met the accounting degree standards of British Universities? This would just solved all the issues surounding it.
Many members of this body is also getting old. We aged daily and we get not to be called "accountants", "financial managers", "financial controllers" or any other term related or associated with "accountant" that could mislead one to believe he is a member of the national regulatory body.
If not for those advise that recognition is coming in the near future, a big number would have left this body and joined the recognised bodies like CIMA, ACCA, etc which would have solved the problems of being unable to be called "accountant" in Malaysia.
Sad sad story to tell.
Professional advise would be much appreciated.
Qualified accountant's distress
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 250 11
- HMRC filing meltdown? 573 15
- client can't/won't pay 1,969 42
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 123 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 113 4
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 115 2
- Non resident income. 476 21
- Why do I do this every year 463 10
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 294 22
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 180 3
- Hobby Horse 815 8
- What sectors to target? 622 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 281 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 198 3
- Self assesment online 1,023 11
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 311 5
- closing limited company 207 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 134 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 263 9
- IHT and US resident 82 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 938
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 655
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 605
- Latest phishing scam 583
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 421
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 316
- Scratch Head 247
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 240
- Sabbatical payments 201
- Negligible Value Claim 181