Qualified with a UK accounting professional qualification not recognised in Malaysia
I hold a UK recognised accounting qualification for many years. Unfortunately, my qualification is not recognised in Malaysia, my home country.
I was told many times over many years that there are people pursuing the recognition of my qualification but all they kept saying is promises and promising statements but no promises delivered so far.
In the last AGM held by the local alumni for this UK body, there was again promises made that recognition by the national regulatory body will be delivered within three to six months time. Now, one year and almost two months has passed, where is that deservedly recognition? No where in sight.
Last year, a group of probably disgruntled members took up suit case against the regulatory body over the delay in evaluating their qualification for eligibility to sit the qualifying examination of the regulatory body. This group failed. After which was quietness, no appeal.
Of late, there is confirmations handed down by the regulatory body that holders of this recognised UK accounting qualification can sit the qualifying examinations of the regulatory body. This is a chance now for those holding this UK unrecognised qualification in Malaysia.
The question is why is the alumni body or its UK parent body keeping quiet over this acceptance of its qualification by the regulatory body in Malaysia? Don't the parent body in UK like to see its members graduate in Malaysia and become full-fledged accountants rather than retire a slow-suffering frustrated and angry days numbered?
Without membership of the regulatory body in Malaysia, one cannot be called an "accountant" and we are law abiding Malaysian citizens holding that UK recognised accounting qualifications.
What can members alike me do now? Take legal action again? Against the parent body for not showing enough support?
I do share the mindfullness of concerned really helpful people around. There are many who said why not the regulatory body just recognised this qualification when it has met the accounting degree standards of British Universities? This would just solved all the issues surounding it.
Many members of this body is also getting old. We aged daily and we get not to be called "accountants", "financial managers", "financial controllers" or any other term related or associated with "accountant" that could mislead one to believe he is a member of the national regulatory body.
If not for those advise that recognition is coming in the near future, a big number would have left this body and joined the recognised bodies like CIMA, ACCA, etc which would have solved the problems of being unable to be called "accountant" in Malaysia.
Sad sad story to tell.
Professional advise would be much appreciated.
Qualified accountant's distress
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 21 1
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,251 8
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,227 13
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 966 29
- You know its over 363 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 503 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 235 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 188 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 170 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 270 3
- Cocaine anyone? 521 8
- Late Registration for VAT 496 13
- EIS/SEIS 153 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 281 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 430 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 432 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 729 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 565 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 599 4
- Personal pension 406 9
- Hive up 493
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 462
- corporate hierarchy 444
- Advice - 276
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 228
- WWOOFers 219
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 210
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 206
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 185
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 177