Qualified with a UK accounting professional qualification not recognised in Malaysia
I hold a UK recognised accounting qualification for many years. Unfortunately, my qualification is not recognised in Malaysia, my home country.
I was told many times over many years that there are people pursuing the recognition of my qualification but all they kept saying is promises and promising statements but no promises delivered so far.
In the last AGM held by the local alumni for this UK body, there was again promises made that recognition by the national regulatory body will be delivered within three to six months time. Now, one year and almost two months has passed, where is that deservedly recognition? No where in sight.
Last year, a group of probably disgruntled members took up suit case against the regulatory body over the delay in evaluating their qualification for eligibility to sit the qualifying examination of the regulatory body. This group failed. After which was quietness, no appeal.
Of late, there is confirmations handed down by the regulatory body that holders of this recognised UK accounting qualification can sit the qualifying examinations of the regulatory body. This is a chance now for those holding this UK unrecognised qualification in Malaysia.
The question is why is the alumni body or its UK parent body keeping quiet over this acceptance of its qualification by the regulatory body in Malaysia? Don't the parent body in UK like to see its members graduate in Malaysia and become full-fledged accountants rather than retire a slow-suffering frustrated and angry days numbered?
Without membership of the regulatory body in Malaysia, one cannot be called an "accountant" and we are law abiding Malaysian citizens holding that UK recognised accounting qualifications.
What can members alike me do now? Take legal action again? Against the parent body for not showing enough support?
I do share the mindfullness of concerned really helpful people around. There are many who said why not the regulatory body just recognised this qualification when it has met the accounting degree standards of British Universities? This would just solved all the issues surounding it.
Many members of this body is also getting old. We aged daily and we get not to be called "accountants", "financial managers", "financial controllers" or any other term related or associated with "accountant" that could mislead one to believe he is a member of the national regulatory body.
If not for those advise that recognition is coming in the near future, a big number would have left this body and joined the recognised bodies like CIMA, ACCA, etc which would have solved the problems of being unable to be called "accountant" in Malaysia.
Sad sad story to tell.
Professional advise would be much appreciated.
Qualified accountant's distress
- Year end 104 2
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 543 21
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 199 7
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 213 7
- How would you account for warranty? 131 4
- LLP - Member leaving 109 5
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 388 22
- Sweet Tooth 155 6
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,028 13
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 167 2
- trading or dormant 106 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 100 1
- tax credits 126 5
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 563 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 264 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 112 1
- Tax Return Deadlines 194 3
- Foreign income for self employed 129 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 643 18
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 91 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 867
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 515
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 328
- How to format a stock book 306
- Tax efficient holding company structure 243
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 236
- Investment property company accounts template 224
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 218
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 189
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 161