Qualified with a UK accounting professional qualification not recognised in Malaysia
I hold a UK recognised accounting qualification for many years. Unfortunately, my qualification is not recognised in Malaysia, my home country.
I was told many times over many years that there are people pursuing the recognition of my qualification but all they kept saying is promises and promising statements but no promises delivered so far.
In the last AGM held by the local alumni for this UK body, there was again promises made that recognition by the national regulatory body will be delivered within three to six months time. Now, one year and almost two months has passed, where is that deservedly recognition? No where in sight.
Last year, a group of probably disgruntled members took up suit case against the regulatory body over the delay in evaluating their qualification for eligibility to sit the qualifying examination of the regulatory body. This group failed. After which was quietness, no appeal.
Of late, there is confirmations handed down by the regulatory body that holders of this recognised UK accounting qualification can sit the qualifying examinations of the regulatory body. This is a chance now for those holding this UK unrecognised qualification in Malaysia.
The question is why is the alumni body or its UK parent body keeping quiet over this acceptance of its qualification by the regulatory body in Malaysia? Don't the parent body in UK like to see its members graduate in Malaysia and become full-fledged accountants rather than retire a slow-suffering frustrated and angry days numbered?
Without membership of the regulatory body in Malaysia, one cannot be called an "accountant" and we are law abiding Malaysian citizens holding that UK recognised accounting qualifications.
What can members alike me do now? Take legal action again? Against the parent body for not showing enough support?
I do share the mindfullness of concerned really helpful people around. There are many who said why not the regulatory body just recognised this qualification when it has met the accounting degree standards of British Universities? This would just solved all the issues surounding it.
Many members of this body is also getting old. We aged daily and we get not to be called "accountants", "financial managers", "financial controllers" or any other term related or associated with "accountant" that could mislead one to believe he is a member of the national regulatory body.
If not for those advise that recognition is coming in the near future, a big number would have left this body and joined the recognised bodies like CIMA, ACCA, etc which would have solved the problems of being unable to be called "accountant" in Malaysia.
Sad sad story to tell.
Professional advise would be much appreciated.
Qualified accountant's distress
- Dividends with an annual profit but retained losses 11 1
- How to make restoration of corrupted excel 2007 file? 55 1
- Anyone come across this shower before? 1,859 35
- Real names 1,111 34
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 495 23
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 113 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,367 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 661 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 229 7
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 82 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 127 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 283 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,577 19
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,970 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,950 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 84 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 117 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 163 4
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 113 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 88 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 578
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 452
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 352
- IFA incorporation 337
- Sorry ignore me 319
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 277
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 269
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 260
- Cancelled 202
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 172