Qualified with a UK accounting professional qualification not recognised in Malaysia
I hold a UK recognised accounting qualification for many years. Unfortunately, my qualification is not recognised in Malaysia, my home country.
I was told many times over many years that there are people pursuing the recognition of my qualification but all they kept saying is promises and promising statements but no promises delivered so far.
In the last AGM held by the local alumni for this UK body, there was again promises made that recognition by the national regulatory body will be delivered within three to six months time. Now, one year and almost two months has passed, where is that deservedly recognition? No where in sight.
Last year, a group of probably disgruntled members took up suit case against the regulatory body over the delay in evaluating their qualification for eligibility to sit the qualifying examination of the regulatory body. This group failed. After which was quietness, no appeal.
Of late, there is confirmations handed down by the regulatory body that holders of this recognised UK accounting qualification can sit the qualifying examinations of the regulatory body. This is a chance now for those holding this UK unrecognised qualification in Malaysia.
The question is why is the alumni body or its UK parent body keeping quiet over this acceptance of its qualification by the regulatory body in Malaysia? Don't the parent body in UK like to see its members graduate in Malaysia and become full-fledged accountants rather than retire a slow-suffering frustrated and angry days numbered?
Without membership of the regulatory body in Malaysia, one cannot be called an "accountant" and we are law abiding Malaysian citizens holding that UK recognised accounting qualifications.
What can members alike me do now? Take legal action again? Against the parent body for not showing enough support?
I do share the mindfullness of concerned really helpful people around. There are many who said why not the regulatory body just recognised this qualification when it has met the accounting degree standards of British Universities? This would just solved all the issues surounding it.
Many members of this body is also getting old. We aged daily and we get not to be called "accountants", "financial managers", "financial controllers" or any other term related or associated with "accountant" that could mislead one to believe he is a member of the national regulatory body.
If not for those advise that recognition is coming in the near future, a big number would have left this body and joined the recognised bodies like CIMA, ACCA, etc which would have solved the problems of being unable to be called "accountant" in Malaysia.
Sad sad story to tell.
Professional advise would be much appreciated.
Qualified accountant's distress
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,638 24
- new capital structure ltd with investors 279 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 117 7
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 86 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 247 6
- Companies House 291 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 112 2
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 102 2
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 337 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 114 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 214 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 671 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 659 14
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 144 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 677 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 486 5
- SA tax assessments 171 2
- Director self assessment 410 16
- Sage Import Data 183 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 241 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 432
- CTA study material 391
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 291
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 243
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 219
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 217
- Slight twist on employment related securities 198
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 148
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 144