Qualified with a UK accounting professional qualification not recognised in Malaysia
I hold a UK recognised accounting qualification for many years. Unfortunately, my qualification is not recognised in Malaysia, my home country.
I was told many times over many years that there are people pursuing the recognition of my qualification but all they kept saying is promises and promising statements but no promises delivered so far.
In the last AGM held by the local alumni for this UK body, there was again promises made that recognition by the national regulatory body will be delivered within three to six months time. Now, one year and almost two months has passed, where is that deservedly recognition? No where in sight.
Last year, a group of probably disgruntled members took up suit case against the regulatory body over the delay in evaluating their qualification for eligibility to sit the qualifying examination of the regulatory body. This group failed. After which was quietness, no appeal.
Of late, there is confirmations handed down by the regulatory body that holders of this recognised UK accounting qualification can sit the qualifying examinations of the regulatory body. This is a chance now for those holding this UK unrecognised qualification in Malaysia.
The question is why is the alumni body or its UK parent body keeping quiet over this acceptance of its qualification by the regulatory body in Malaysia? Don't the parent body in UK like to see its members graduate in Malaysia and become full-fledged accountants rather than retire a slow-suffering frustrated and angry days numbered?
Without membership of the regulatory body in Malaysia, one cannot be called an "accountant" and we are law abiding Malaysian citizens holding that UK recognised accounting qualifications.
What can members alike me do now? Take legal action again? Against the parent body for not showing enough support?
I do share the mindfullness of concerned really helpful people around. There are many who said why not the regulatory body just recognised this qualification when it has met the accounting degree standards of British Universities? This would just solved all the issues surounding it.
Many members of this body is also getting old. We aged daily and we get not to be called "accountants", "financial managers", "financial controllers" or any other term related or associated with "accountant" that could mislead one to believe he is a member of the national regulatory body.
If not for those advise that recognition is coming in the near future, a big number would have left this body and joined the recognised bodies like CIMA, ACCA, etc which would have solved the problems of being unable to be called "accountant" in Malaysia.
Sad sad story to tell.
Professional advise would be much appreciated.
Qualified accountant's distress
- Know it alls (who don't) 428 12
- Share swap 376 12
- CIC accounts submission 60 3
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 575 20
- Deduction from net or gross pay? 53 2
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 199 5
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 408 9
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 259 11
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,488 44
- What does it mean?? 461 12
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 1,046 13
- RTI error - two of the same employer - what to do 229 4
- VAT & Landlords 208 6
- Make an adjustment to profits chargeable to class 4 nic 102 2
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 170 5
- Tax advice person/business 251 2
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 730 15
- Extraction of Factory from Trading Company and Leaseback 105 3
- Loan write off by Company 104 2
- Late P45 149 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,563
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 861
- International interest certificate 475
- NOVA 332
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 245
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 234
- Management expenses for investment company 223
- Bonus Bonds 216
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 203
- Check my logic on this please? 186