Query - Advice Please
I have just taken on a new client and am having a TFI Friday moment.
Books and records have been passed to me and going through old accountants info I could do with some advice on the following: -
Client has several properties which are rented out and this is only income.
Old accountant has tax return showing self employment and property section completed.
Cant see why but the Balance Sheet of SE shows the properties as WIP with the cost price and improvements made.
Also on Balance Sheet are the mortgage balances.
There was a very small bit of work done on the side in the pvs year, which will not be repeated.
I thought the best way was to just produce a rental income and expenditure account showing income less repairs, insurance, interest, telephone etc. and that be declaredd on the Tax Return.
I presume that the old accountant has done the P&L and B/S which shows expenses on and a loss each year so that when the property
is sold they offset this against the profit and bring in the WIP as a cost of sale.
I thought you just completed the CGT section when selling a property.
Any pointers or advice on this would be helpful.
I am going home for a bottle of wine now.......hopefully the Friday head ache will have gone by Monday and I can look at this again.
Have a good weekend everyone and cheers
- Enforcing A CCJ 186 5
- reporting salary? 54 1
- Multiple PAYE Schemes 102 2
- Childcare Vouchers 128 2
- Sale of shares and ER 91 3
- Quarterly PAYE 56 1
- Value pricing 461 15
- SDLT - transfer of land into newco 117 4
- Personal Service Company 96 2
- Employment Allowance - Doctors Private Secretaries 98 1
- SA Return issued after P800 received 120 5
- More than one Employment Allowance ? 123 1
- Auto enrolment 269 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,197 25
- Sage Payroll 194 8
- Laptop purchase 1,180 19
- VAT on Gaming Machines 245 1
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 143 3
- VAT 103 1
- Auto enrolment 339 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 754
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 513
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 384
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 361
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 271
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 209
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 209
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 192
- Director Loan account operation 183
- vat return 156