£2,000 Employer NI Allowance & Company Control
I am trying to figure out if a director has control of 2 different companies which means he could not claim the £2000 employer allowance for both companies:
The director has a 50% shareholding in company A (Other 50% owned by non related Director).
The director also has a 50% shareholding in company B (Wife owns other 50% in company).
Company B has made large loans to company A.
I am thinking the director would be classed as having control of company B (Since he owns 50% and his wife owns the other 50%).
I am also thinking he would have control of company A since he has a 50% shareholding in A plus company B has made loans to company A.
Do you think the director would be classed as having control of both company A and company B (So that I know he cannot claim employer NI allowance in both)?
If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,024 13
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 136 2
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 163 4
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 262 5
- Sage Line 50 49 1
- HMRC Post 230 4
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 127 1
- Freelance/Employee 557 14
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 205 3
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 487 11
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,864 57
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 325 8
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 185 3
- Employment Allowance 360 3
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,401 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 195 4
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 974 21
- Company Structure 285 2
- The importance of Grammar 2,137 58
- Who is responsible for goods values for customs clearance? 73 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 400
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 366
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 344
- Electric Car 279
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 173
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 162
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 162
- AIA 153