£2,000 Employer NI Allowance & Company Control
I am trying to figure out if a director has control of 2 different companies which means he could not claim the £2000 employer allowance for both companies:
The director has a 50% shareholding in company A (Other 50% owned by non related Director).
The director also has a 50% shareholding in company B (Wife owns other 50% in company).
Company B has made large loans to company A.
I am thinking the director would be classed as having control of company B (Since he owns 50% and his wife owns the other 50%).
I am also thinking he would have control of company A since he has a 50% shareholding in A plus company B has made loans to company A.
Do you think the director would be classed as having control of both company A and company B (So that I know he cannot claim employer NI allowance in both)?
If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,539 42
- CIC Company 376 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,645 57
- Is this a scam? 752 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 111 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 323 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 231 5
- New company - form a group? 153 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 171 4
- PITA client 202 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 361 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,310 33
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 739 15
- Dividend dates 487 8
- R&D tax credit claim 211 5
- CIS Deductions 271 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 110 1
- is this fraud? 786 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 495 5
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,534 28
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 598
- Cancelled 345
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 331
- Cancelled 282
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 254
- Probiz 241
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 184
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 176
- Car leasing scheme 175
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 153