£2,000 Employer NI Allowance & Company Control
I am trying to figure out if a director has control of 2 different companies which means he could not claim the £2000 employer allowance for both companies:
The director has a 50% shareholding in company A (Other 50% owned by non related Director).
The director also has a 50% shareholding in company B (Wife owns other 50% in company).
Company B has made large loans to company A.
I am thinking the director would be classed as having control of company B (Since he owns 50% and his wife owns the other 50%).
I am also thinking he would have control of company A since he has a 50% shareholding in A plus company B has made loans to company A.
Do you think the director would be classed as having control of both company A and company B (So that I know he cannot claim employer NI allowance in both)?
If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated
- Flat Rate VAT 232 8
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 704 15
- Practice software 1,179 17
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 303 7
- When to register or not for PAYE 533 11
- Invoicing for monthly clients 488 8
- Seeking advice: With recruitment agencies for temporary placements, is VAT taken off the whole sum received from the client, or just what the company retains? 226 5
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 566 8
- Redundancy pay 316 9
- Final CT Return - liquidating company 232 2
- VAT on farm machinery sold 261 5
- Servicing AE fees 175 2
- VAT Receipts 269 8
- Changing pay dates on Moneysoft 145 2
- P800 problems again 110 1
- Company accounts for £350 985 27
- Directors Loan Account Question 432 12
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 1,160 40
- Setting up a Charity Trust?? 152 4
- Seeking advice: Osetting Directors Loan at Startup 230 5
- FRS 101 Software 337
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 304
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 298
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 273
- French ConnectionUK 238
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 211
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 202
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 201
- APN's 184
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 182