£2,000 Employer NI Allowance & Company Control
I am trying to figure out if a director has control of 2 different companies which means he could not claim the £2000 employer allowance for both companies:
The director has a 50% shareholding in company A (Other 50% owned by non related Director).
The director also has a 50% shareholding in company B (Wife owns other 50% in company).
Company B has made large loans to company A.
I am thinking the director would be classed as having control of company B (Since he owns 50% and his wife owns the other 50%).
I am also thinking he would have control of company A since he has a 50% shareholding in A plus company B has made loans to company A.
Do you think the director would be classed as having control of both company A and company B (So that I know he cannot claim employer NI allowance in both)?
If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated
- Refusing to complete a tax return 95 4
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 366 12
- What sectors to target? 250 9
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 131 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 855 31
- IHT and cash gifts 147 4
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 689 32
- Practice management 195 3
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 358 1
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 422 4
- Flat Conversion Allowance 82 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 244 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 96 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 167 7
- Clothing 255 4
- VAT registration transfer 172 3
- Sponsorship & VAT 110 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 163 2
- Director drawings 450 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 326 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 910
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 619
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 583
- Latest phishing scam 544
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 383
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 285
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 206
- Capital allowances in first basis period 194
- Sabbatical payments 182
- Negligible Value Claim 159