£2,000 Employer NI Allowance & Company Control
I am trying to figure out if a director has control of 2 different companies which means he could not claim the £2000 employer allowance for both companies:
The director has a 50% shareholding in company A (Other 50% owned by non related Director).
The director also has a 50% shareholding in company B (Wife owns other 50% in company).
Company B has made large loans to company A.
I am thinking the director would be classed as having control of company B (Since he owns 50% and his wife owns the other 50%).
I am also thinking he would have control of company A since he has a 50% shareholding in A plus company B has made loans to company A.
Do you think the director would be classed as having control of both company A and company B (So that I know he cannot claim employer NI allowance in both)?
If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 54 1
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 779 16
- Growing pains 413 8
- Paying Personal Allowance in one go 404 7
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 181 5
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 414 15
- Residents Association Corp Tax 242 10
- Your fondest calculator memories 719 28
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 130 2
- new capital structure ltd with investors 363 7
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 433 3
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 553 14
- Joint filing delays 129 3
- Vat threshold issues 234 4
- private to company car? 254 5
- Buy to let allowable interest 218 3
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 297 5
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 147 4
- Partner with an IVA 216 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 349 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 459
- CTA study material 422
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 306
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 292
- Pre incorp expenses 284
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 248
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 235
- Slight twist on employment related securities 213
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 193
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 181