£2,000 Employer NI Allowance & Company Control
I am trying to figure out if a director has control of 2 different companies which means he could not claim the £2000 employer allowance for both companies:
The director has a 50% shareholding in company A (Other 50% owned by non related Director).
The director also has a 50% shareholding in company B (Wife owns other 50% in company).
Company B has made large loans to company A.
I am thinking the director would be classed as having control of company B (Since he owns 50% and his wife owns the other 50%).
I am also thinking he would have control of company A since he has a 50% shareholding in A plus company B has made loans to company A.
Do you think the director would be classed as having control of both company A and company B (So that I know he cannot claim employer NI allowance in both)?
If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 69 1
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 153 4
- Late reply from HMRC 225 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 272 6
- VAT silly question 2,338 55
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,620 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,405 22
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,781 43
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 493 11
- Classic cars investment 184 5
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 197 3
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 226 8
- RTI - new employee 185 3
- Failure to operate PAYE 598 22
- H&W company 133 2
- BrightPay 546 14
- VAT registration 138 1
- More Auto enrolment (sorry) 126 1
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,103 29
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 248 6
- Benchmarking 480
- Possible Partnership? 426
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 405
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 399
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 344
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 202
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 195
- Income tax on foreign dividends 181
- Clubs and Taxable Income 179
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 177