£2,000 Employer NI Allowance & Company Control
I am trying to figure out if a director has control of 2 different companies which means he could not claim the £2000 employer allowance for both companies:
The director has a 50% shareholding in company A (Other 50% owned by non related Director).
The director also has a 50% shareholding in company B (Wife owns other 50% in company).
Company B has made large loans to company A.
I am thinking the director would be classed as having control of company B (Since he owns 50% and his wife owns the other 50%).
I am also thinking he would have control of company A since he has a 50% shareholding in A plus company B has made loans to company A.
Do you think the director would be classed as having control of both company A and company B (So that I know he cannot claim employer NI allowance in both)?
If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated
- Benefits in Kind 71 4
- Letting relief 37 1
- Time limit 153 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,692 395
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 388 21
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 618 11
- What is the role of an accountant? 675 18
- Is it possible to set a company year end to be the last day of February every year, regardless of whether it is a leap year or not? 121 5
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 369 9
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 228 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 297 5
- What should I do for 'free' 807 9
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 143 3
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 155 4
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 448 14
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 512 12
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 130 2
- EOQ Formula 73 1
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,358 26
- P11D Query 222 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,230
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 435
- National Insurance 335
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 330
- Non Resident 257
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 255
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 254
- Franchise income and costs 220
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 161
- Hands on experience of Digita 158