£2,000 Employer NI Allowance & Company Control
I am trying to figure out if a director has control of 2 different companies which means he could not claim the £2000 employer allowance for both companies:
The director has a 50% shareholding in company A (Other 50% owned by non related Director).
The director also has a 50% shareholding in company B (Wife owns other 50% in company).
Company B has made large loans to company A.
I am thinking the director would be classed as having control of company B (Since he owns 50% and his wife owns the other 50%).
I am also thinking he would have control of company A since he has a 50% shareholding in A plus company B has made loans to company A.
Do you think the director would be classed as having control of both company A and company B (So that I know he cannot claim employer NI allowance in both)?
If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 200 7
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 58 2
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 121 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 448 17
- Paid too much !! 166 1
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 81 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 67 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 67 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 471 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 739 11
- Sports Sponsorship 114 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 239 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 207 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 201 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,307 14
- Best software for small practice? 604 19
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,261 21
- HMRC Enquiry 476 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 223 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 290 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 764
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 453
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 223
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 195
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 191
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181