£2,000 Employer NI Allowance & Company Control
I am trying to figure out if a director has control of 2 different companies which means he could not claim the £2000 employer allowance for both companies:
The director has a 50% shareholding in company A (Other 50% owned by non related Director).
The director also has a 50% shareholding in company B (Wife owns other 50% in company).
Company B has made large loans to company A.
I am thinking the director would be classed as having control of company B (Since he owns 50% and his wife owns the other 50%).
I am also thinking he would have control of company A since he has a 50% shareholding in A plus company B has made loans to company A.
Do you think the director would be classed as having control of both company A and company B (So that I know he cannot claim employer NI allowance in both)?
If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 285 4
- Closing my business down 79 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 846 34
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 286 6
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 192 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 106 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 590 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,242 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,468 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 192 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 112 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 293 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 90 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,094 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 415 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 155 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 225 3
- FPS or EPS 172 2
- Continuity of Practice 224 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 146 2
- Moving away from CCH software 956
- QROP pension input amounts 442
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 385
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 359
- fraud 286
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 261
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 230
- Construction CIS LLP Company 214
- EPS and CIS deductions 202
- Out of time or not? 182