£2,000 Employer NI Allowance & Company Control
I am trying to figure out if a director has control of 2 different companies which means he could not claim the £2000 employer allowance for both companies:
The director has a 50% shareholding in company A (Other 50% owned by non related Director).
The director also has a 50% shareholding in company B (Wife owns other 50% in company).
Company B has made large loans to company A.
I am thinking the director would be classed as having control of company B (Since he owns 50% and his wife owns the other 50%).
I am also thinking he would have control of company A since he has a 50% shareholding in A plus company B has made loans to company A.
Do you think the director would be classed as having control of both company A and company B (So that I know he cannot claim employer NI allowance in both)?
If anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated
- B2B vat in the EU 138 3
- Why should I retain membership? 2,732 47
- Coding Notice 160 4
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 139 3
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 127 2
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 448 7
- Vat 279 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,277 13
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 346 7
- Recharge for private use of a company car 190 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 164 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,491 18
- CT/CIS offset 146 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 193 4
- Trade name 193 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 143 1
- New business - journal entries 323 20
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 319 18
- VAT on deposits 212 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 147 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 820
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 711
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 392
- Social investment tax relief 210
- Digita Hosted Software 205
- Call Centre Data Costs 195
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 163
- Travel costs and contractors 159
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 149
- accounting for this transaction 143