£2,000 Employer NI Allowance & Company Control
Hi, I am trying to figure out if a director has control of 2 different companies which means he could not claim the £2000 employer allowance for both companies:
Director X has a 50% shareholding with his wife who is also director holding the other 50%. At the start of the tax year Director X had made a slightly larger loan to the company than his wife director. Only £50 more but even so still larger. As Director X owns 50% and has given a larger loan I think this would mean he has control of the company.
Director X has a 50% shareholding with director Z who also holds 50%. This is not a relative. At the start of the tax year Director X had made a slightly larger loan to the company than the other director. Only very small again but still larger than the other director. As Director X owns 50% and has given a larger loan I think this would mean he has control of the company.
1. Do people agree with me that Director X would be classed as having control of both the above companies as he has a 50% share and has made a bigger loan to the company (Albeit a tiny amount more). And therefore because of this he can only claim Employment Allowance in one of the companies?
2. For next tax year in Company A. If the director makes sure his loan is the same size as his wife's, and therefore did not control the company, I assume he could claim employer allowance in both companies? I do not think I need to add his and his wife's shareholding together to give him control as the other director in company B is not a relative.
Thank you for any advice anyone may provide. It would be really appreciated.
- ITTOIA 2005 s629 95 5
- EIS reinvestment relief 40 1
- Knuckle down one week to go! 1,133 23
- Advice on letting a client go ? 241 5
- Receipt bank 63 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 70 3
- Unbelievable!! 199 2
- Urgent question on company accounting period before it become dormant 73 2
- Do we have to register for VAT? 141 4
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,611 88
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 236 3
- Paying 31 January 2015 income tax by instalments 1,325 19
- Paperless practices - do you keep any paper records? 804 24
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 275 4
- Non resident income. 298 15
- Use of home deduction 652 21
- How to pay? 145 6
- Are you qualified and wanting to work flexible hours from home? 149 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 139 3
- White van man 740 25
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 861
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 553
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 521
- Latest phishing scam 418
- Entrepreneurs' relief 386
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 344
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 324
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 310
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 223
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 199