£2,000 Employer NI Allowance & Company Control
Hi, I am trying to figure out if a director has control of 2 different companies which means he could not claim the £2000 employer allowance for both companies:
Director X has a 50% shareholding with his wife who is also director holding the other 50%. At the start of the tax year Director X had made a slightly larger loan to the company than his wife director. Only £50 more but even so still larger. As Director X owns 50% and has given a larger loan I think this would mean he has control of the company.
Director X has a 50% shareholding with director Z who also holds 50%. This is not a relative. At the start of the tax year Director X had made a slightly larger loan to the company than the other director. Only very small again but still larger than the other director. As Director X owns 50% and has given a larger loan I think this would mean he has control of the company.
1. Do people agree with me that Director X would be classed as having control of both the above companies as he has a 50% share and has made a bigger loan to the company (Albeit a tiny amount more). And therefore because of this he can only claim Employment Allowance in one of the companies?
2. For next tax year in Company A. If the director makes sure his loan is the same size as his wife's, and therefore did not control the company, I assume he could claim employer allowance in both companies? I do not think I need to add his and his wife's shareholding together to give him control as the other director in company B is not a relative.
Thank you for any advice anyone may provide. It would be really appreciated.
- Output tax for retailer 297 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 233 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 93 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 84 1
- CT600 Advice 23 1
- Goodie bag 1,405 51
- Fair Value Accounting 43 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 67 4
- can I approach clients ? 313 8
- Companies House Penalties 44 2
- Apostille documents 78 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 515 13
- AE - employees making different contributions 57 1
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 316 14
- Classic cars investment 551 15
- Why .... 804 9
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 520 5
- BrightPay 900 26
- Quickbooks Online 201 4
- Husband Wife let property 319 8
- Possible Partnership? 633
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 512
- New Fangled Penalties 439
- Fuming! 363
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 315
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 253
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 232
- Outsource Data Entry 229
- Moving away from CCH software 221
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 172