2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- Not a question but made my day 250 4
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 578 14
- Microsoft One Drive 44 1
- Repayment of Share Capital 341 7
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,597 18
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 385 9
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 84 1
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,837 25
- Audacity 1,177 21
- 2014/15 Forms P11D and P11D(b) 211 1
- PPR ELECTION 234 7
- Unable to access Co House website 162 3
- Mother and son property ownership 501 2
- Late night meals self employed 274 1
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 617 10
- VAN Benefit in Kind - Tax Code 150 1
- Builing a gin palace but wants to rent out for a year first 473 3
- PAYE variance 185 1
- Partnership VAT reg - also applies to partner's INDIVIDUAL income? 216 4
- Resigning as a director 322 8
- NHS finance professionals 564
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 374
- Foreign Pension Contribution 341
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 323
- vat gross profit percentage margins 303
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 303
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 276
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 247
- EBT Self Assessment Return 235
- Thinning income 225