2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- Recommendations for in house accounts prep software? 54 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 302 14
- Paper 25 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 227 5
- Xero Pain Points 312 14
- Tainted donation by company 154 2
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 652 8
- HMRC incompetency 179 1
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 620 10
- HMRC site down ? 240 5
- Tax Codes and VAT 209 3
- The importance of Grammar 999 25
- Renting home garage and outbuildings to Business 181 3
- VAT REGISTATIONS 233 5
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,890 65
- Moneysoft - technical query 401 10
- System selection 186 2
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 503 21
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 353 5
- PI cover 178 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 361
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 303
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 288
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 283
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 275
- Electric Car 229
- S222 Charge 203
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 200
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 192
- Company Structure 180