2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- Loan interest rental property 160 5
- What's the plural? 624 14
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 73 1
- Well well well 191 2
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 98 4
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 67 1
- Capital Gains Tax 75 3
- Real names 393 14
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 124 1
- Peer to Peer lending 74 4
- Dividend payment date 1,826 32
- Use of aliases 695 19
- Any Benefit in Kind when obliged to attend a dinner? 129 1
- Accounting Crew 886 20
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 300 12
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 480 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,378 17
- No VAT returns submitted since registration 86 1
- Capital allowances 202 4
- Who owns the data 134 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 566
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 427
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 325
- IFA incorporation 300
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 291
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 281
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 246
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 233
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 222
- Sorry ignore me 208