2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- BTC vs Digita 943 29
- Seeking a tax case 197 8
- How much to charge for payroll? 690 15
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 82 3
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 238 4
- See you all on the other side 181 5
- When do we qualify for state pension? 71 1
- VATABLE Income 168 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 89 2
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 239 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 384 6
- P11D software 67 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 437 9
- VAT - business splitting 224 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 577 16
- RTI - how to correct HMRC's error 398 7
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 942 16
- Jersey - VAT 106 2
- how to file Late annual Accounts for dormant company ? 293 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme for a Welder 127 2
- HMRC Joint Filing 520
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 389
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 349
- IRIS and FRS 102 323
- USA help 279
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 242
- Capital gains on rental property 223
- Sage Coretime 210
- Capitalising Finance Lease 209
- PILON Foreign Service Exemption ITEPA 2003 S414 185