2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TAX EFFICIENT WAY TO SELL 40% SHARES IN YOUR START UP BUSINESS FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 MILLION POUNDS 27 1
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 91 6
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 322 11
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 113 3
- Pension Contributions Relief 481 15
- capital gains on PPR 205 11
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 509 8
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,765 440
- 100% Xero practice 2,459 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 214 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 134 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 135 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 285 9
- PRR 360 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 395 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 308 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,262 62
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 350 6
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 434 20
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 363 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,314
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 476
- National Insurance 369
- Non Resident 296
- Franchise income and costs 260
- Hands on experience of Digita 214
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 191
- Employer's Helpline 165
- employment capital allowances 160
- CIS paid under reg 9 156