2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,824 41
- Coming off flat rate VAT 141 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 199 6
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 730 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 809 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 479 10
- Real time 204 2
- Withdrawal of a quote 430 7
- Opt To Tax Refund 261 3
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 252 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 236 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 615 15
- When to top-up pensions? 202 2
- Support / ticketing software 340 11
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 337 3
- Imported goods and VAT 158 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 445 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 600 11
- Stamp Duty 206 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,876 22
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 473
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 290
- DTA tie-breaker issue 281
- CGT for NOn UK residents 245
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 220
- Apprenticeship Levy 219
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 213
- Just checking re PSA 198
- Capital Gains personal representatives 196
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 179