2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 57 2
- What would be a tax efficient way of selling the main business asset but keeping some to continue with business? 311 15
- Appealing agianst HMRC penalties for dormant company 44 1
- Capital allowances - Jersey 110 4
- HMRC & daft penalty 1,176 7
- Share transfer question 94 2
- Unpaid Share Capital and Companies House Template 109 6
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 379 7
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 97 1
- ERS reporting - online filing 292 8
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 261 5
- Pension contributions 177 5
- Marketing and email surprises 153 2
- Bookkeeping and a/c reconciliation for a members club - advice please 202 5
- Dividend Waiver 253 5
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 262 8
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 474 4
- Document Management Systems 302 1
- Mutual gifts of properties 96 1
- Splitting PAYE tax code between two jobs both with variable hours 306 6
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 408
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 394
- Perkbox 344
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 281
- WIP Software 265
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 203
- No payroll scheme in place 193
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 183
- Benefit in Kind? 183
- Software recommendations 176