2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 295 9
- Practice management 160 2
- Flat Conversion Allowance 67 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 220 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 90 1
- IHT and cash gifts 86 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 143 7
- Clothing 188 4
- VAT registration transfer 160 3
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 593 30
- Sponsorship & VAT 91 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 125 2
- Director drawings 408 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 325 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 104 1
- HMRC SA302s 214 3
- What does the "K" signify 440 7
- Director or self-employed 163 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 135 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 144 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 909
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 615
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 581
- Latest phishing scam 536
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 380
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 349
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 283
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 203
- Capital allowances in first basis period 192
- Sabbatical payments 179