2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- Disbursement of recharge 385 3
- When to tick the estimated figures on ct600 29 1
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 307 9
- Mortgage Reference 906 16
- Payroll manager and the cloud 310 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 113 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 168 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 147 1
- RTI offline? 620 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 176 1
- CIS and Xero 279 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 271 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 190 2
- property capital gains 413 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 164 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 951 9
- Tips on meals 573 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,355 15
- S.455 Tax again 456 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 249 3