2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- Partially exempt? 282 10
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 218 3
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,008 8
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 833 10
- Lorry Drivers 257 4
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 434 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 68 1
- Undeclared rental income 1,098 10
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 211 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 196 4
- Money laundering POCA 362 7
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 81 1
- Offering Cash Prizes to University Students 154 3
- client threatening legal action 2,004 29
- Incorporation Relief 176 3
- Auto-Enrolment 4,027 187
- Can I claim mileage? 341 6
- limited company for IR35 181 1
- Ir35 test 159 2
- payroll software 295 2
- Skandia using wrong address 520
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 285
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 283
- Employee rewards 271
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 242
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 232
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 229
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 176
- LLP in Construction Industry 132