2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- Professional coaching claimable? 50 1
- Sage instant account codes 107 1
- Networking 105 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 263 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 156 1
- Turnover on a tax return 281 8
- incorrect old p60 446 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 300 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,930 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 279 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 246 3
- VAT refund 169 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 255 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 266 3
- Missing tax return 390 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,126 30
- Inflation and fees 1,408 24
- Sage Priority Support 190 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 846 24
- Micro-entity accounts 305 1