2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- Charities and VAT? 96 5
- Directors loan - no longer a director 486 10
- Goodie bag 1,201 44
- CIS monthly returns 16 1
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 252 10
- BrightPay 845 25
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 504 6
- Budget 2015 predictions 465 11
- Husband Wife let property 284 7
- Secure document exchange 489 5
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 147 2
- VAT registration 66 1
- Quickbooks Online 164 3
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 457 4
- Film Actors - Averaging? 229 6
- Dividends against directors loan 128 1
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,387 87
- Sponsorship/ Advertising 129 1
- Output tax for retailer 291 7
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 351 7
- Possible Partnership? 628
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 511
- New Fangled Penalties 436
- Fuming! 335
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 312
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 248
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 228
- Outsource Data Entry 227
- Moving away from CCH software 217
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 168