2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 304 7
- Late Registration for VAT 311 11
- Start up allowance? 224 9
- Old CGT loss 119 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 219 5
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 252 10
- Share structures 107 5
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,241 37
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,076 19
- Surely not? 212 8
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 295 5
- Business rates consultancy 197 3
- AIA or IFA 316 3
- Capitalisation - Scanning Files 142 4
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 573 8
- Are HMRC staff on early 498 7
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 180 2
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 198 9
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 874 13
- Reverse charge and EC sales list 119 2
- TheTax Donut 1,035
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 684
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 626
- Follower cases 491
- Limited company purchase of property 429
- Hive up 421
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 390
- corporate hierarchy 385
- LIVE chat, starting now 341
- Advice - 192