2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 246 5
- Sage Payroll 46 3
- Share restructure 344 13
- Belated VAT Exception Application 157 5
- Shouldn't have filed accounts? 441 14
- VAT Deregistration - Final return 26 1
- Should a company include comparative disclosures when no current year balances? 85 4
- Audit Required 205 5
- Enforcing A CCJ 75 2
- VAT query 109 1
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 239 4
- I have a pain 766 8
- Employment allowance and sage instant payroll 132 1
- Thread deleted. 505 15
- convert directors loan account to share capital 215 7
- non resident receiving UK dividends 110 1
- Need to upgrade from Sage 50 but to what? 205 1
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 295 6
- P11d error 445 10
- Audit Report Query 105 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 737
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 505
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 360
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 347
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 267
- VAT on Gaming Machines 219
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 204
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 191
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 183
- Director Loan account operation 156