2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- RTI Payroll ID 982 23
- What do your junior staff do? 451 6
- Overlap profit 256 5
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 575 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 327 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 494 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 103 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,882 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 271 3
- Payments on account 104 1
- On the high seas 89 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 129 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 850 34
- Payroll question 128 2
- Where has Portia gone? 4,862 106
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 260 5
- Warning - "Central Register of Companies" con 218 3
- Goodwill On Incorporation 161 1
- CT600 for first year UK company trading abroad 189 13
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 346 5
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 840
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 439
- Sanzar 336
- How do you do it 330
- Digital marketing focus group 309
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 286
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 202
- Fit for purpose 197
- new investor structure 194
- VAT Registration 177