2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 64 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,253 19
- Scanners 164 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 75 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 154 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 230 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 400 9
- Payment plans for clients 109 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 224 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 236 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 390 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 443 9
- P60 or payslips? 92 1
- Property income in different capacities 104 1
- IHT dilemma 1,382 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 190 1
- IT advisory questions? 176 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 793 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 143 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 526 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,158
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 797
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 486
- Digita Hosted Software 320
- Credit where credit's due....... 271
- Director phone costs 233
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 226
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 197
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 152
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 135