2008/9 Underpayment advised PAYE
Need some help - please. I have today been advised that I owe £2,700 in relation to an underpayment back in 2008/9. I can't believe that they are only informing me now.
A good few years ago I used to complete self assessments and then received a letter from HMRC that these were no longer required (didn't keep a copy). Anyway the only subsequent income I've had has been through paid employment.
The reflected an underpayment (agreed) in relation to 2011/12 in my tax code for this year - I don't understand how that could have been addressed and then this one comes to light a number of months later!
As far as I am concerned the employers have provided all the information to HMRC so if they think I underpaid for 2008/9 - should they, by now, not have already claimed this?
Is this grounds for a claim under the above - help greatfully appreciated!
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,162 34
- SA302's anyone?? 82 4
- do i pay vat when buying a business 329 21
- VAT errors 93 3
- Professional Clearance 353 12
- Introduction of Goodwill 714 15
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 139 5
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 984 12
- VAT & Landlords 252 7
- are receipts needed? 412 13
- Capital reduction 194 1
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 298 1
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 144 4
- CIC accounts submission 173 4
- Zero Rated Catering delivery charges 132 5
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 634 21
- New accountant 590 9
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 248 3
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,109 67
- Working out a daily rate 349 7
- Skandia using wrong address 1,594
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 887
- International interest certificate 495
- NOVA 352
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 258
- Management expenses for investment company 246
- Bonus Bonds 243
- Help with tax codes on Sage 188
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 152
- Clogged Losses 152