2013 Finance Bill change?
Is it me or does the 2013 Finance Bill change the 5 year non residence requirement for CGT?
Looking at the Finance Bill it states that the temporary non residence provisions apply "if the period of temporary non residence
is 5 years or less."
Before 6 April 2013 you could avoid the temporary non resident provisions by remaining abroad for at least 5 complete tax years.
This would indicate to me that you have to be non resident for 6 years where you leave after 5 April 2013 - or have I missed something?
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 505 11
- 2 companies, one payroll 215 8
- The importance of Grammar 1,853 55
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 107 1
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 598 12
- Freelance/Employee 403 10
- Freehold management company 149 3
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 242 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 216 6
- System selection 234 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 130 1
- Director Liability 134 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 168 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 387 4
- exemptions from CIS 264 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 586 10
- Xero Pain Points 659 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 284 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 264 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,711 56
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 357
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 338
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 319
- Electric Car 267
- S222 Charge 231
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 230
- Company Structure 208
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 174
- IP trans to holding company 169