2013 Finance Bill change?
Is it me or does the 2013 Finance Bill change the 5 year non residence requirement for CGT?
Looking at the Finance Bill it states that the temporary non residence provisions apply "if the period of temporary non residence
is 5 years or less."
Before 6 April 2013 you could avoid the temporary non resident provisions by remaining abroad for at least 5 complete tax years.
This would indicate to me that you have to be non resident for 6 years where you leave after 5 April 2013 - or have I missed something?
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 307 16
- Limited company buying a car 171 5
- Do I need to pay my accountant 129 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 466 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 564 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 210 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 292 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 127 2
- ACCA practice certificates 500 5
- Limited company buying director's car 300 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 85 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 120 1
- WC's and capital allowances 178 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 316 13
- Dress code 1,551 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 484 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 265 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 387 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 477 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 205 4
- CTA study material 771
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 400
- Employment related securities question 310
- AIM Stocks and IHT 282
- Expat pension contributions? 260
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 259
- Trust for Employee 239
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 187
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 149