2013 Finance Bill change?
Is it me or does the 2013 Finance Bill change the 5 year non residence requirement for CGT?
Looking at the Finance Bill it states that the temporary non residence provisions apply "if the period of temporary non residence
is 5 years or less."
Before 6 April 2013 you could avoid the temporary non resident provisions by remaining abroad for at least 5 complete tax years.
This would indicate to me that you have to be non resident for 6 years where you leave after 5 April 2013 - or have I missed something?
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 252 8
- VAT on sale of Assets to Director 38 2
- Fee Protection Insurance 1,077 45
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 64 2
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 386 19
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 543 16
- Employing a carer 180 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,159 496
- Non resident client -employed in the Cayman Islands 98 1
- "Please be advised that one or more Generic Notification Notices have been issued." 85 3
- Which profit figure to use 63 1
- rti 114 4
- Drop box Storage 388 5
- What Exactly does the RTI Penalty Relaxation mean? 159 2
- Partnership issues and acting for one partner 135 4
- RTI -Late registration -any penalties 131 1
- Another goodwill question ....... 157 1
- Can't read my handwriting 730 18
- Fees for Property Tax Return 600 21
- Sole trader &/or Limited company 102 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,380
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 526
- National Insurance 428
- Non Resident 323
- Hands on experience of Digita 248
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 234
- Employer's Helpline 189
- CIS paid under reg 9 189
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 155
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 153