2013 Finance Bill change?
Is it me or does the 2013 Finance Bill change the 5 year non residence requirement for CGT?
Looking at the Finance Bill it states that the temporary non residence provisions apply "if the period of temporary non residence
is 5 years or less."
Before 6 April 2013 you could avoid the temporary non resident provisions by remaining abroad for at least 5 complete tax years.
This would indicate to me that you have to be non resident for 6 years where you leave after 5 April 2013 - or have I missed something?
- Is a Business Bank Account compulsory for a sole trader? 117 5
- Unhappy client over fees 1,409 32
- Multi user accounting software 132 2
- S455 tax on existing loans on becoming a participator 79 1
- Does QuickBooks Online have aged debtors and creditors reports? 221 2
- Do HMRC impose harsher penalties on unrepresented taxpayers? 123 1
- Is it possible and what should be done? 161 1
- Remortgage costs on redidential lettings 193 2
- Self-employed: claiming expenses initially paid by somebody else 403 11
- do i need an online accounting software 555 7
- VAT DIY self build shceme 108 1
- COMPANIES HOUSE - DOWN LOAD FREE ACCOUNTS 652 17
- Employee expenses & benefits - bringing myself up to date 253 1
- Backdating Partnership registration to 14/15 1,022 16
- Can you claim part of the AIA and WDAs on the remainder 185 2
- Bank account security - Kashflow 301 4
- Double tax relief -UK tax paid in error 126 2
- Partnership Share Ratio Quandary 465 12
- ACCA student with study package 412 8
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 407 3
- NHS finance professionals 791
- Foreign Pension Contribution 475
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 467
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 405
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 373
- IFA income recognition & reporting 280
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 262
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 256
- When is sale recognised in an agency who receives commission? 208
- FRM claim for travel to training course 202