2013 Finance Bill change?
Is it me or does the 2013 Finance Bill change the 5 year non residence requirement for CGT?
Looking at the Finance Bill it states that the temporary non residence provisions apply "if the period of temporary non residence
is 5 years or less."
Before 6 April 2013 you could avoid the temporary non resident provisions by remaining abroad for at least 5 complete tax years.
This would indicate to me that you have to be non resident for 6 years where you leave after 5 April 2013 - or have I missed something?
- VAT Invoice 256 7
- VAT on sale of an Asset 114 1
- Cash in Hand 212 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 214 5
- are receipts needed? 647 17
- SA302's anyone?? 634 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 342 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 168 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 361 12
- Busines software 200 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 226 6
- Converting a barn for business use 193 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 325 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 334 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 503 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 355 3
- Bookkeping software 744 7
- Clogged Losses 295 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 290 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 675 10
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 912
- International interest certificate 526
- NOVA 376
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 338
- Management expenses for investment company 280
- Bonus Bonds 278
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 188
- EXACT ONLINE 173
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 173
- P11D benefit received by widow 171