2013 Finance Bill change?
Is it me or does the 2013 Finance Bill change the 5 year non residence requirement for CGT?
Looking at the Finance Bill it states that the temporary non residence provisions apply "if the period of temporary non residence
is 5 years or less."
Before 6 April 2013 you could avoid the temporary non resident provisions by remaining abroad for at least 5 complete tax years.
This would indicate to me that you have to be non resident for 6 years where you leave after 5 April 2013 - or have I missed something?
- Companies House Authentication code 150 7
- VAT on converting Commercial property to residential 27 1
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 416 6
- Sports Club - Option to tax 19 1
- Client refusing to change basis period 123 3
- Highlighting a line on cell click 39 4
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 325 14
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,438 42
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 161 1
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 490 12
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,950 65
- Free accounts system for small business? 335 6
- Payroll Software Recommendations 288 9
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 644 15
- Rights of Alphabet shares 342 13
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 258 3
- Company paying out on guarantee 127 4
- Incorporation and goodwill 291 5
- Industrial & Provident Societies 401 4
- Domain name sale and limited company 280 1
- Xtuple 585
- Qtac payroll for bureau 410
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 355
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 228
- Tax on damages received 207
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 169
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 164
- PTP Software 149
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 141
- Software for Belgium Company 138