2013 Finance Bill change?
Is it me or does the 2013 Finance Bill change the 5 year non residence requirement for CGT?
Looking at the Finance Bill it states that the temporary non residence provisions apply "if the period of temporary non residence
is 5 years or less."
Before 6 April 2013 you could avoid the temporary non resident provisions by remaining abroad for at least 5 complete tax years.
This would indicate to me that you have to be non resident for 6 years where you leave after 5 April 2013 - or have I missed something?
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 436 7
- private to company car? 126 3
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 203 13
- Buy to let allowable interest 84 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 107 1
- Partner with an IVA 140 5
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 897 33
- Your fondest calculator memories 530 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 402 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 231 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 206 6
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 296 4
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 331 13
- Consequential loss claim 69 1
- Does anyone do payrolling of benefits? 132 1
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 241 8
- Sale of an investment between group companies 107 4
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 403 12
- RTI - EPS - ??? 277 4
- That old chestnut 613 9
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 449
- CTA study material 412
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 299
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 275
- Pre incorp expenses 266
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 234
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 229
- Slight twist on employment related securities 204
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 176
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 174