2013 Finance Bill change?
Is it me or does the 2013 Finance Bill change the 5 year non residence requirement for CGT?
Looking at the Finance Bill it states that the temporary non residence provisions apply "if the period of temporary non residence
is 5 years or less."
Before 6 April 2013 you could avoid the temporary non resident provisions by remaining abroad for at least 5 complete tax years.
This would indicate to me that you have to be non resident for 6 years where you leave after 5 April 2013 - or have I missed something?
- Auto-Enrolment 3,931 185
- Can I claim mileage? 225 6
- limited company for IR35 135 1
- Ir35 test 99 2
- Money laundering POCA 282 5
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 129 7
- payroll software 218 3
- Mexican student in UK 164 4
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 198 2
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 55 2
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 258 2
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 173 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 142 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 882 19
- Dividend in specie 270 8
- Partnership Tax Return Deadline 112 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 198 9
- client threatening legal action 1,879 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 736 8
- Partially exempt? 265 9
- Skandia using wrong address 500
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 284
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 281
- Employee rewards 263
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 234
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 227
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 225
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 175
- LLP in Construction Industry 127