30 Days for a repayment
Client completed his own tax return and paid the liability which cleared on the 30th January. I checked the figures and noticed that client has not deducted the payments on account he had previously paid therefore a repayment arises. I check HMRC online account and sure enough overpayment is shown.
Requested repayment be issued online. Nothing happened so rang HMRC to query why not issued and was told that they have to wait 30 days once a payment has been made before they could issue a repayment!
How can this be right when it only takes 3 or 4 days to clear the banking system.
- Post AAT? 697 4
- Second Limited Company 131 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,668 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 291 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 182 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,553 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 76 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 233 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 222 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 821 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 115 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,297 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 911 37
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 496 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 296 8
- Probate services 372 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 515 20
- trading losses allowable? 761 14
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 160 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 195 2