30 Days for a repayment
Client completed his own tax return and paid the liability which cleared on the 30th January. I checked the figures and noticed that client has not deducted the payments on account he had previously paid therefore a repayment arises. I check HMRC online account and sure enough overpayment is shown.
Requested repayment be issued online. Nothing happened so rang HMRC to query why not issued and was told that they have to wait 30 days once a payment has been made before they could issue a repayment!
How can this be right when it only takes 3 or 4 days to clear the banking system.
- incorrect old p60 211 4
- Micro-entity accounts 29 1
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 773 23
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 961 26
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 77 1
- Related party disclosure 109 3
- Inflation and fees 1,273 23
- Company reconstruction 50 1
- Missing tax return 232 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 206 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 83 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 125 1
- Advice please! 379 2
- VAT on new builds 144 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 109 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 339 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,927 28
- Redundancy Pay 441 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 724 6
- Sage Priority Support 124 2