30 Days for a tax repayment
A client had a sharp decrease in his income and we reduced his payments on account. After preparing the return we discovered even this was too low and the first payment on account more than covered the tax for the year and approximately £1000 was due back ,this was claimed on the return.
Expecting a july POA the client had been transferring £100 a month to HMRC , the last was on 15th of May.
The repayment wasn't approved and querying it with HMRC they said because a payment was made in the last 30 days a repayment couldn't be issued until the 30 days have elapsed , to make sure everything clears.
Is this correct? Has this always been the case ? Seem ridiculous to me !!
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 111 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 468 5
- flat rate scheme 139 3
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 162 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 78 1
- VAT refund 312 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,283 37
- Turnover on a tax return 546 12
- incorrect old p60 563 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 119 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 182 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 151 1
- Special dividends & CGT 203 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 193 1
- Networking 365 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 278 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 305 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 337 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 297 2
- IT Contractor 286 1