31 January 2015- tax return deadline conumdrum
I do a few tax returns as I go along.
Accounts complete, tax return(s) finished as part of the process; off goes the CT600 etc.
I've carried out some subcontract work during various post January gloom periods and can never understand how the panick ever came about. Hundreds of tax returns to complete in a few weeks.
Some practitioners seem to show signs of stress and high blood pressure during that time. Why?
OK leave some things until later if there is some sort of investigation going on.
The whole thing is a bit of a mystery to me.
Anyone got any instinct about what is going on here?
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 13 1
- App recommended by HMRC for record keeping 1,173 11
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 143 8
- Use of home for storage 173 4
- Negativer Payslip Request 81 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 8,695 328
- Anyone out there with charity accounts experience 195 10
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 166 7
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 435 12
- Mortgage deposit Gift 324 16
- Amending Share Capital 160 6
- Family loan 969 13
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 94 4
- FIFA game and making money 1,030 10
- Loan to a related company 325 14
- Being Tax relevant 529 7
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 975 4
- What should I do for 'free' 438 5
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 504 7
- Payroll provider 327 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,162
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 384
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 303
- National Insurance 293
- Payments on account coded out?? 256
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 248
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 227
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 217
- Non Resident 203
- Franchise income and costs 190