31 January 2015- tax return deadline conumdrum
I do a few tax returns as I go along.
Accounts complete, tax return(s) finished as part of the process; off goes the CT600 etc.
I've carried out some subcontract work during various post January gloom periods and can never understand how the panick ever came about. Hundreds of tax returns to complete in a few weeks.
Some practitioners seem to show signs of stress and high blood pressure during that time. Why?
OK leave some things until later if there is some sort of investigation going on.
The whole thing is a bit of a mystery to me.
Anyone got any instinct about what is going on here?
- Real names 232 8
- Builder - Roll over relief 353 16
- What are options for non CA firm 1,276 14
- Studying accountant has hit a brick wall - help me! 2,083 19
- Use of aliases 651 17
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 139 5
- Accounting Crew 788 17
- Dividend payment date 1,766 30
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 63 1
- PDF to QIF (or other)? 470 12
- Complete business outside UK 114 2
- What's the plural? 583 12
- to VAT or not to VAT 148 3
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 257 11
- Loan interest rental property 149 4
- Processing RTI whilst on holiday 2,848 47
- Unclaimed customer balance 140 3
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 376 3
- Self Employed travel 334 7
- Company Secretarial Software 1,253 26
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 566
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 421
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 324
- IFA incorporation 298
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 290
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 279
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 245
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 232
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 216
- Sorry ignore me 177