31 January 2015- tax return deadline conumdrum
I do a few tax returns as I go along.
Accounts complete, tax return(s) finished as part of the process; off goes the CT600 etc.
I've carried out some subcontract work during various post January gloom periods and can never understand how the panick ever came about. Hundreds of tax returns to complete in a few weeks.
Some practitioners seem to show signs of stress and high blood pressure during that time. Why?
OK leave some things until later if there is some sort of investigation going on.
The whole thing is a bit of a mystery to me.
Anyone got any instinct about what is going on here?
- I do not love you 300 5
- What are you doing now 31 Jan is past? 169 2
- Limited Company 244 4
- Gift of FHL - subsequent PPR not denied? 188 1
- Love is in the air 773 10
- Stamp Duty 343 5
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 751 19
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 912 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 420 5
- Paying Son 821 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 408 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 286 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,079 47
- Setting up a practice 671 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 645 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 575 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 507 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 249 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,878 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 480 1
- Foreign domicile status 324
- DTA tie-breaker issue 307
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 306
- CGT for NOn UK residents 286
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 284
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 263
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 250
- Apprenticeship Levy 248
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 242
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 236