31 January 2015- tax return deadline conumdrum
I do a few tax returns as I go along.
Accounts complete, tax return(s) finished as part of the process; off goes the CT600 etc.
I've carried out some subcontract work during various post January gloom periods and can never understand how the panick ever came about. Hundreds of tax returns to complete in a few weeks.
Some practitioners seem to show signs of stress and high blood pressure during that time. Why?
OK leave some things until later if there is some sort of investigation going on.
The whole thing is a bit of a mystery to me.
Anyone got any instinct about what is going on here?
- VAT underpayments and financial reporting 51 1
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,700 61
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 284 5
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 834 20
- The importance of Grammar 907 24
- New starter - tax code 189 6
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 125 2
- PI cover 108 2
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 129 2
- HMRC site down ? 171 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 142 6
- Small hotel - food for personal use 205 3
- Xero Pain Points 258 12
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 96 1
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 122 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 168 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 391 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 154 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 597 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 235 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 361
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 301
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 288
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 281
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 273
- Electric Car 225
- S222 Charge 203
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 198
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 192
- Company Structure 176