31 January 2015- tax return deadline conumdrum
I do a few tax returns as I go along.
Accounts complete, tax return(s) finished as part of the process; off goes the CT600 etc.
I've carried out some subcontract work during various post January gloom periods and can never understand how the panick ever came about. Hundreds of tax returns to complete in a few weeks.
Some practitioners seem to show signs of stress and high blood pressure during that time. Why?
OK leave some things until later if there is some sort of investigation going on.
The whole thing is a bit of a mystery to me.
Anyone got any instinct about what is going on here?
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,323 14
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 166 3
- VAT on Hire Purchase 183 2
- "Audit Report" 81 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 483 13
- Coding Notice 232 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 247 6
- New business - journal entries 416 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 226 3
- Payroll software 653 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 274 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 401 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 735 18
- B2B vat in the EU 192 4
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 203 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 236 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 200 4
- LLP as member of LLP 142 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,847 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 523 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 873
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 722
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 415
- Social investment tax relief 220
- Digita Hosted Software 215
- Call Centre Data Costs 204
- accounting for this transaction 197
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 174
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 171
- Travel costs and contractors 170