31 January 2015- tax return deadline conumdrum
I do a few tax returns as I go along.
Accounts complete, tax return(s) finished as part of the process; off goes the CT600 etc.
I've carried out some subcontract work during various post January gloom periods and can never understand how the panick ever came about. Hundreds of tax returns to complete in a few weeks.
Some practitioners seem to show signs of stress and high blood pressure during that time. Why?
OK leave some things until later if there is some sort of investigation going on.
The whole thing is a bit of a mystery to me.
Anyone got any instinct about what is going on here?
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 118 4
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 147 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 320 6
- CGT history of shares 166 3
- CGT on sale of let property 98 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 160 2
- how do i get UTR 124 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 78 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 228 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 379 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 116 1
- Your comments please 305 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 182 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 113 2
- EIS 191 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 119 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 111 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 112 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 720 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 200 1
- Moving away from CCH software 964
- QROP pension input amounts 449
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 393
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 378
- fraud 301
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 274
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 242
- Construction CIS LLP Company 227
- EPS and CIS deductions 219
- Out of time or not? 205