31 January 2015- tax return deadline conumdrum
I do a few tax returns as I go along.
Accounts complete, tax return(s) finished as part of the process; off goes the CT600 etc.
I've carried out some subcontract work during various post January gloom periods and can never understand how the panick ever came about. Hundreds of tax returns to complete in a few weeks.
Some practitioners seem to show signs of stress and high blood pressure during that time. Why?
OK leave some things until later if there is some sort of investigation going on.
The whole thing is a bit of a mystery to me.
Anyone got any instinct about what is going on here?
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 379 9
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 232 3
- CGT 7 1
- is my company accounts right? 728 19
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 364 6
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 66 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,489 55
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,545 21
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 101 1
- P11D Dispensation 84 1
- I have missing sales invoices 372 5
- Invoice Help 369 10
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 262 8
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 368 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 999 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,057 26
- Directors Subsistence 223 1
- (CIMA) - Qualified to Management Level (2006) 267 4
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 431 16
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 267 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 555
- Cancelled 320
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 318
- Cancelled 268
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 225
- Married woman dies owning marital home 219
- Probiz 211
- What's the market like for temps? 200
- CIS Deductions 170
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 160