31 January 2015- tax return deadline conumdrum
I do a few tax returns as I go along.
Accounts complete, tax return(s) finished as part of the process; off goes the CT600 etc.
I've carried out some subcontract work during various post January gloom periods and can never understand how the panick ever came about. Hundreds of tax returns to complete in a few weeks.
Some practitioners seem to show signs of stress and high blood pressure during that time. Why?
OK leave some things until later if there is some sort of investigation going on.
The whole thing is a bit of a mystery to me.
Anyone got any instinct about what is going on here?
- Can an owner hold company money 296 6
- Account and Taxable Profit 284 17
- Accounting for corporation tax 203 6
- Class 2 NIC 257 5
- Probate services 427 9
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 377 7
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,704 37
- Vat payable on van 136 1
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,829 42
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 241 7
- Community Faux Pas 931 26
- Cash gift from India 130 1
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,309 40
- Windows10 182 4
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 622 24
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 472 25
- A thursday afternoon muse 234 2
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 392 6
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 872 5
- Unusual marketing methods for accountants 796 14
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 835
- Benchmark accounting software 691
- Members in Public Practice 515
- Sole trader registering for the first time 328
- Oplex Careers CPD 321
- What are HMRC implying? 305
- VAT 257
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 248
- Payroll manager and the cloud 218
- Is the APN valid 196