31 January 2015- tax return deadline conumdrum
I do a few tax returns as I go along.
Accounts complete, tax return(s) finished as part of the process; off goes the CT600 etc.
I've carried out some subcontract work during various post January gloom periods and can never understand how the panick ever came about. Hundreds of tax returns to complete in a few weeks.
Some practitioners seem to show signs of stress and high blood pressure during that time. Why?
OK leave some things until later if there is some sort of investigation going on.
The whole thing is a bit of a mystery to me.
Anyone got any instinct about what is going on here?
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 66 2
- flat rate scheme 2,314 47
- Signed accounts for bank 625 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 817 12
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 110 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 283 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 139 5
- VAT Query on new build 80 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 126 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 138 4
- Family Partnership 226 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 71 1
- P11D Car Value 248 6
- NOVA declaration 101 1
- Business valuation advice 702 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,496 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,221 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 286 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,102 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 169 1