31 January 2015- tax return deadline conumdrum
I do a few tax returns as I go along.
Accounts complete, tax return(s) finished as part of the process; off goes the CT600 etc.
I've carried out some subcontract work during various post January gloom periods and can never understand how the panick ever came about. Hundreds of tax returns to complete in a few weeks.
Some practitioners seem to show signs of stress and high blood pressure during that time. Why?
OK leave some things until later if there is some sort of investigation going on.
The whole thing is a bit of a mystery to me.
Anyone got any instinct about what is going on here?
- Starting Again 165 4
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 693 35
- P11D Software 767 9
- Mortgage Adviser's request 211 6
- CGT on spouse's death 138 5
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 189 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 245 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 376 10
- Tax relief for networking day out? 400 8
- Payroll software 176 4
- Company UTR numbers 295 6
- Summer house for business only 101 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 100 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 562 18
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 139 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 136 3
- How do you count your clients 407 4
- Contractor & possible IR35 154 1
- GASDS What's the rule? 114 1
- Proposal to strike off...... 471 9
- Construction CIS LLP Company 592
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 580
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 380
- Pensions Regulator 346
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 280
- Government Gateway - VAT 276
- Using the correct forms 262
- SA penalty proposals 245
- RTI - duplicate employee record 237
- Accelerated payment notices 228