31 January 2015- tax return deadline conumdrum
I do a few tax returns as I go along.
Accounts complete, tax return(s) finished as part of the process; off goes the CT600 etc.
I've carried out some subcontract work during various post January gloom periods and can never understand how the panick ever came about. Hundreds of tax returns to complete in a few weeks.
Some practitioners seem to show signs of stress and high blood pressure during that time. Why?
OK leave some things until later if there is some sort of investigation going on.
The whole thing is a bit of a mystery to me.
Anyone got any instinct about what is going on here?
- Suspected Employment Support Allowance fraud 105 2
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 466 6
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 107 3
- Use of home query 324 6
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 515 10
- When to leave the VAT FRS 45 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 910 14
- Client handover 244 6
- format cell to exclude decimals 195 13
- signature required 691 27
- Homing sandwiches 689 16
- Use of home Directors 74 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 825 14
- National insurance on an overseas employess 103 1
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 200 5
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 226 3
- contractor business mileage 118 1
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 240 6
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 215 4
- Subsistence Exclusions 70 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,279
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 843
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 534
- Digita Hosted Software 349
- Credit where credit's due....... 324
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 250
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 210
- TheTax Donut 202
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 172
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 170