31 January 2015- tax return deadline conumdrum
I do a few tax returns as I go along.
Accounts complete, tax return(s) finished as part of the process; off goes the CT600 etc.
I've carried out some subcontract work during various post January gloom periods and can never understand how the panick ever came about. Hundreds of tax returns to complete in a few weeks.
Some practitioners seem to show signs of stress and high blood pressure during that time. Why?
OK leave some things until later if there is some sort of investigation going on.
The whole thing is a bit of a mystery to me.
Anyone got any instinct about what is going on here?
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 762 32
- VAT Invoice 55 3
- IHT and Swiss Property 101 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 173 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 122 7
- General tax book with planning 91 1
- Gift of property & improvements 75 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 236 10
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 117 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 409 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 335 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 232 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 153 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 248 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 149 4
- SA302's anyone?? 515 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,627 41
- Renting for military reasons 173 2
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,560 18
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 1,042 18
- Skandia using wrong address 1,616
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 896
- International interest certificate 508
- NOVA 367
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 288
- Management expenses for investment company 261
- Bonus Bonds 259
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 170
- tax on apprenticeship income 166
- P11D benefit received by widow 147