31 January 2015- tax return deadline conumdrum
I do a few tax returns as I go along.
Accounts complete, tax return(s) finished as part of the process; off goes the CT600 etc.
I've carried out some subcontract work during various post January gloom periods and can never understand how the panick ever came about. Hundreds of tax returns to complete in a few weeks.
Some practitioners seem to show signs of stress and high blood pressure during that time. Why?
OK leave some things until later if there is some sort of investigation going on.
The whole thing is a bit of a mystery to me.
Anyone got any instinct about what is going on here?
- Investment from Friend 161 9
- Self Assessment and P11D 100 4
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 330 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 623 23
- Company dividends 541 15
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 157 5
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 63 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 900 38
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,150 15
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 147 2
- TRONC scheme 102 1
- Advice on letting a client go ? 700 13
- Capital Gains Relief 152 5
- client can't/won't pay 1,606 29
- Identity check problem 1,261 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 202 3
- Business Set up cost 109 1
- Aged Debtor 89 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 969 34
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 107 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 876
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 575
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 541
- Latest phishing scam 474
- Entrepreneurs' relief 423
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 344
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 320
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 243
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 241
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 166