31 January 2015- tax return deadline conumdrum
I do a few tax returns as I go along.
Accounts complete, tax return(s) finished as part of the process; off goes the CT600 etc.
I've carried out some subcontract work during various post January gloom periods and can never understand how the panick ever came about. Hundreds of tax returns to complete in a few weeks.
Some practitioners seem to show signs of stress and high blood pressure during that time. Why?
OK leave some things until later if there is some sort of investigation going on.
The whole thing is a bit of a mystery to me.
Anyone got any instinct about what is going on here?
- How to pay national insurance 175 6
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 190 6
- Project Manager Consultant with Profit Share 66 1
- Related party - Transaction with sole director’s father 96 2
- P11D Rejection 373 9
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 523 14
- Selling a practice 356 5
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,278 20
- Incapable of reading 143 1
- Overlap relief 466 12
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 131 1
- Dormant payroll 842 9
- Can I get around an ostrich director? 148 1
- "Can your client afford the following" 1,346 21
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 629 13
- PPR exemption on separation 150 1
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,556 10
- Intercompany loans 118 1
- How do I create a tax journal from my corporation tax return? 187 3
- Limited Company 354 11
- Theatre Tax Relief 443
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 346
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 337
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 311
- Perkbox 275
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 242
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 242
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 240
- Document Management Systems 215
- WIP Software 200