Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 121 2
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 329 9
- PITA client 447 5
- R&D tax credit claim 288 7
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 646 10
- One off meeting new client 1,209 10
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,219 20
- Child tax credits 128 2
- Deaf clients 609 6
- rental income since 2003 115 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,687 29
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 412 10
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,263 54
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 543 12
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 93 1
- Estate agent and VAT registration 241 4
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 228 4
- Peer to Peer lending 1,081 8
- Small company audit 353 9
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 130 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 614
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 339
- Cancelled 293
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 269
- Probiz 260
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 222
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 207
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 194
- Car leasing scheme 193