Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- Company Limited by Guarantee 32 1
- My friend may have unknowingly participated in a tax avoidance scheme... 829 7
- Chargeable Gains - CT600 36 1
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 354 9
- VAT underpayment 124 5
- notarising & legalising documents 48 1
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 188 3
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 224 4
- National Living Wage: creating jobs or unemployment? 154 3
- Company Van 310 8
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 960 19
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 389 10
- Connected person and properties 183 4
- Business only use of company car 1,614 35
- cash basis 143 1
- Restoring a Ltd company which had been struck off 329 8
- question 303 2
- Do your DIY clients ever get their books right ? 736 13
- Overlap profits 425 14
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 837 11
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 390
- Any thoughts on Capium? 358
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 279
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 254
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 242
- French ConnectionUK 192
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 183
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 177
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 175
- APN's 163