Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- Stock of photos to capatilise 188 9
- Rogue Accountant 3,345 53
- Practice management software 1,066 20
- Assigning loan from Company to adult children 29 1
- micro entity balance sheet query 59 3
- Where has Portia gone? 3,204 88
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 324 19
- Inheritance Tax - Gifts UK 145 1
- VAT on a private sale? 130 5
- RTI Payroll ID 542 17
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 216 3
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,217 24
- Payroll software 168 7
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 60 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 593 19
- Trade Association Dinner 146 1
- RTI - duplicate employee record 593 1
- Share buyback, possible embezzlement 167 4
- Change if career direction from industry to practice 191 2
- Depreciation of Revalued Building 62 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 809
- Pensions Regulator 459
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 420
- Sanzar 323
- How do you do it 313
- Digital marketing focus group 304
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 278
- new investor structure 187
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 179
- Fit for purpose 178