Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 542 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 279 4
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 302 2
- Client Paperwork Retention? 512 12
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 365 9
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 256 1
- Very large share capital by mistake 209 1
- Reimbursing director travel costs 413 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,977 45
- Love is in the air 322 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,699 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 241 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 402 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 246 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 522 1
- Paying Son 659 18
- HMRC accounting 387 3
- Employers NI allowance 464 6
- Dividend taxation 391 3
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 189 2
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 278
- CGT for NOn UK residents 276
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 269
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 209
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 189