Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- Private Residence Election for CGT purposes 56 3
- Standard 'email' template system 386 9
- Any Scottish members out there? 4,510 144
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 69 2
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 143 1
- I had a baby! Small practice recruitment - where would you look? 586 7
- Travel expenses 449 16
- Reclaim vat on invoice 179 3
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,126 29
- Shadow director or alternative? 273 3
- Computerised Accountancy Software 284 1
- FRS VAT bad debt relief? 498 13
- Bankruptcy 432 10
- P11d Van - no private use 448 12
- Expanding To UK From USA 154 2
- How do I account for trees?! 301 1
- Foreign Dividends - tax repayment claim 505 17
- German VAT charged by US Supplier 243 5
- Abbreviated Accounts 358 4
- Accountancy fee tax return 595 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 994
- Employment related securities question 506
- Looking for a qualified accountant 330
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 309
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 277
- National Insurance 216
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 205
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 195
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 191
- Payments on account coded out?? 152