Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- Builder - Roll over relief 353 16
- What are options for non CA firm 1,274 14
- Real names 228 7
- Studying accountant has hit a brick wall - help me! 2,083 19
- Use of aliases 650 17
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 139 5
- Accounting Crew 785 17
- Dividend payment date 1,766 30
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 63 1
- PDF to QIF (or other)? 470 12
- Complete business outside UK 113 2
- What's the plural? 582 12
- to VAT or not to VAT 147 3
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 257 11
- Loan interest rental property 147 4
- Processing RTI whilst on holiday 2,847 47
- Unclaimed customer balance 140 3
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 376 3
- Self Employed travel 333 7
- Company Secretarial Software 1,253 26
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 566
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 421
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 324
- IFA incorporation 297
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 290
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 279
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 245
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 232
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 216
- Sorry ignore me 177