Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 147 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 247 5
- payroll software 391 4
- client threatening legal action 2,117 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 141 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 164 1
- Instant CPD offer 294 4
- Cash basis 534 13
- Income from rent charged to business 166 2
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 457 5
- Statutory sick pay 328 4
- Dividend in specie 374 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 231 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 184 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 152 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 279 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 299 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 180 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 434 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,863 27
- Skandia using wrong address 585
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 312
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 311
- Employee rewards 293
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 261
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 232
- Etax Australian 193
- LLP in Construction Industry 158
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 135
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 135