Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- Where can I get the information for this 350 7
- BrightPay 353 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 186 3
- CGT &LLP 56 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 529 4
- Setting up an offshore company 63 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 174 16
- Secure document exchange 103 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 152 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 383 7
- break even point 148 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 108 3
- Fax to email providers 321 11
- Payroll software 222 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 120 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 136 4
- How to issue shares to investors 73 1
- Expense management software 625 12
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,100 84
- Tax code 133 1