Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- Belated VAT Exception Application 86 2
- Value pricing 40 2
- convert directors loan account to share capital 123 4
- New use of home - simplified method 180 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 251 5
- company secretarial software 69 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 324 13
- Rental Income 249 3
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,926 32
- Share restructure 322 12
- Liquidation of Subsiduary 139 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,790 14
- P11d error 419 9
- Need to upgrade from Sage 50 but to what? 162 1
- Associated companies 110 1
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 499 8
- Paperless office question 195 4
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 420 7
- Warning about Tax Insider (taxinsider.co.uk) 944 5
- Stock Valuation 134 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 725
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 494
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 337
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 331
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 261
- growth voucher supplier 232
- VAT on Gaming Machines 207
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 196
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 179
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 172