Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 177 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 223 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,241 35
- Mortgage Reference 562 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 266 7
- Insovent companies 889 19
- New Build 223 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,298 48
- BrightPay quirks 242 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 811 20
- Website Content 194 1
- Personal Tax 635 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 206 1
- USA Tax Query 321 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 443 5
- last minute request 660 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 373 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 407 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,746 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6