Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- Project being run jointly 159 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 288 4
- Companies House 572 9
- Dress code 316 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 107 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 302 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 712 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,417 25
- What would you do in this situation? 584 13
- Help Required 367 10
- directors control and tax problems 226 5
- Fastest Software 784 13
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 954 28
- What's in a name ? 335 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 266 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 452 15
- Bulk Invoicing 185 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 165 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 254 2
- ATED Penalties 280 1
- CTA study material 709
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 432
- Employment related securities question 272
- AIM Stocks and IHT 249
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 206
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 192
- Trust for Employee 190
- Expat pension contributions? 189
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 182
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 163