Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- VAT refund 47 1
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 174 3
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 144 1
- incorrect old p60 346 8
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 229 3
- Missing tax return 347 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,081 30
- Inflation and fees 1,384 24
- Sage Priority Support 176 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 201 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 830 24
- Micro-entity accounts 230 1
- Related party disclosure 209 3
- Company reconstruction 140 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 236 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 153 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 175 1
- Advice please! 420 2
- VAT on new builds 189 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 151 1