Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- Fees 246 2
- Time to ditch Sage? 235 3
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 369 12
- HMRC Post 520 7
- Transactions with directors 430 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 282 9
- Non VAT invoices 192 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 193 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,387 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 254 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 224 2
- Form 17 Download 149 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 560 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 379 4
- HMRC Information notice 993 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 279 3
- Accountant Specialization. 392 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,778 42
- Sage Line 50 178 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 203 1
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 761
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 414
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 365
- Electric Car 299
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 210
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 185
- AIA 180
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 178