Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 186 4
- SA302 279 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 234 4
- Go Cardless 327 9
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 211 3
- Hmrc software 223 3
- Mehjoo 266 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 110 1
- Hosted email exchange 173 5
- South African Government Pension 180 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 166 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 288 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 309 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 245 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 149 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 286 7
- New Email Extensions 200 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 318 2
- Dental practice incorpration 156 1
- Audit rules 182 4
- Xtuple 510
- Qtac payroll for bureau 349
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 293
- Industrial & Provident Societies 284
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 226
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 175
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 171
- CIS schemes 162
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 144