Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 96 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 419 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 45 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 228 4
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 137 2
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 126 1
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 186 5
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 307 4
- HMRC computer behind the times 129 2
- fraud 393 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 219 3
- Which purchase date should I consider in the asset register 191 2
- UK property, split year non-UK reisdent help 102 1
- VAT on employee loan 363 6
- Interest, surcharges and interest on late payment of tax 164 3
- Travel expenses from Spain to the UK - tax deductible ? 311 9
- Auto enrolment 1,506 14
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 180 3
- Client's company struck off 627 17
- Extension of lease in flat management company 127 1
- QROP pension input amounts 474
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 435
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 412
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 262
- EPS and CIS deductions 256
- Construction CIS LLP Company 245
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 209
- SAGE winforecast 177
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 170
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 161