Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 102 2
- You know its over 195 3
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 103 3
- Cocaine anyone? 439 8
- Late Registration for VAT 466 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 158 11
- EIS/SEIS 124 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 256 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 393 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 388 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 658 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 523 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 550 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 86 1
- Personal pension 389 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 212 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,194 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 894 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 127 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,504 22
- Hive up 480
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 444
- corporate hierarchy 427
- Advice - 263
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 216
- WWOOFers 212
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 200
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 190
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 169
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 165