Abandoned company - where does client stand?
A individual client of mine was involved with 2 other people as directors of a limited company.
My client had no involvement in the company and was 'convinced' by the others to be a director. Without going in to the intricate details, he genuinely didn't have any part in running the business or working in it and never signed any documents whatsoever.
The company has since got in to financial difficulty and ceased trading with 2 CCJ's totalling £25k with potential winding up proceedings to follow.
The 2 other directors have resigned their directorships, disappeared and left my client as the only director.
Can he resign and abandon the company completely?!
Any advice appreciated, an insolvency lawyer is my next stop.
- ITS HAPPENED AGAIN SPAM SPAM SPAM 360 6
- Gross Profit Margin- motor vehicle mechanic 114 1
- CGT on house within Limited Company 291 10
- Subsistence Claims 317 3
- India Capital Gain 149 2
- Late filing penalties refunded 101 1
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 343 7
- Pressure to upgrade from Sage 50 Accounts 2013 225 4
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 129 1
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 549 12
- Care Home - Job Price 305 5
- Fee headache 502 4
- Dormant payroll 753 7
- Switch from Sage CT to Digita CT? 133 1
- Our French VAT registered supplier is supplying our French VAT registered customer directly with goods but is invoicing us (a VAT registered UK company). Can I ask them not to charge us VAT? 307 7
- An opportunity to 'vent' your annoyance/anger? 1,543 12
- Interest on Loan to External Individual 142 1
- This feels wrong.... 1,603 21
- Overlap relief 404 10
- Subsistence expenses paid directly from company account 219 2
- Is this Tax Deductible??? 511
- Theatre Tax Relief 420
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 329
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 310
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 288
- Perkbox 238
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 226
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 221
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 199
- Document Management Systems 197