With just days to go, we're finally giving in to the Olympic hype. Blame the ICAEW president, Mark Spofforth, whose daughter Gemma is a GB medal hope in the backstroke.
Not quite as prominent, but still on the fringes of the GB synchronised swimming squad is CIOT tax policy director John Whiting's daughter (not sure, but we think this is her).
Our colleagues in the US on GoingConcern.com are already 'a flutter about the chances of Milwaukee-based Ernst & Young tax accountant Gwen Jorgensen in the women's triathlon. But spare a thought for Alisha Williams, who missed selection after 60-hour weeks preparing tax returns interfered with her training for long-distance running events.
Can you help us track down any other competitors with links to the profession? When the wall-to-wall TV coverage starts rolling, it'll give us a little something extra to cheer.
- flat rate scheme 1,903 38
- Time to react ? ? ? 236 2
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 98 1
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 107 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 629 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 107 3
- Company Share Buy Back 106 2
- Charitable Payment 205 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 923 15
- Unpaid share capital 248 3
- Company car in the LLP 171 2
- Physiotherapy 337 4
- New build property to be rented 159 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,881 52
- Hello 357 2
- Sage 200 question 109 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 100 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 168 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 174 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 214 4