I am preparing accounts for a limited company that acquired the freehold to a property. But I am unsure how I should word the turnover a/c policy.
There is no ground rent to be paid and on the completion of the enfranchisement of the freehold two 999 year leases will have been granted at peppercorn rent.
No service charges income (or costs for that matter) will go through the company's books as these will be handled separately by the freeholders and they will probably prepare separate service charge accounts.
Can the policy simply be "The company has no turnover" and be left at that?
Any advice greatly appreciated.
- Accountancy Career 340 5
- Accounts Software 177 6
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,366 22
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,703 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 106 1
- HMRC Agents Line 222 4
- calculation DTR restriction 95 1
- Company Director In Prison 467 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 91 1
- AWeb - download file 187 3
- Charity work 251 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 273 6
- Director Drawings 200 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 280 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 241 7
- Collection or business assets 118 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 277 8
- Tax position re this lease? 372 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 734 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 110 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 685
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 524
- Cancelled 428
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 329
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 204