I am preparing accounts for a limited company that acquired the freehold to a property. But I am unsure how I should word the turnover a/c policy.
There is no ground rent to be paid and on the completion of the enfranchisement of the freehold two 999 year leases will have been granted at peppercorn rent.
No service charges income (or costs for that matter) will go through the company's books as these will be handled separately by the freeholders and they will probably prepare separate service charge accounts.
Can the policy simply be "The company has no turnover" and be left at that?
Any advice greatly appreciated.
- Disclosure query 15 1
- Reverse charge - do you always book it? 183 5
- Top slicing relief question 121 2
- Share swap 182 3
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 351 4
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 260 2
- Auto enrolment 239 4
- Tax on sale of shares 151 3
- Accountants' Error 842 17
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 329 3
- Unclaimed amortisation of goodwill 220 6
- Shareholder agreement 221 5
- VAT - time of supply 78 2
- Let Property Campaign & DO2 102 1
- Regaining my qualification 307 3
- Scoot 256 5
- Remittances 130 1
- Import Sales Invoices into Sage Instant 117 1
- Corporation tax due date confusion 161 2
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,539 21
- Skandia using wrong address 1,462
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 781
- Any views 710
- HMRC Employers Diary 528
- International interest certificate 428
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 398
- Sale of business 360
- NOVA 266
- Advertising services? 263
- IRIS Open Books problem 258