Accounting practice software
I've seen several posts in the past few years regarding members' views on the popular accounting practice software being offered by the main players. (Iris, Taxcalc, Intuit, Xero, Sage, Keytime). As technology is moving on I'm asking for your current opinions on whats available and how good it is.
As some background - there seems to be a move towards providing a one-stop shop for accountants to allow their clients to do simple book-keeping using good applications which link to the same database that is used for final year end accounts (eg cloud-computing and fancy add ons such as applications on iphones, applications for taking and uploading screen shots of receipts, etc) - I'm wondering if I could ask your views on:
1. Which systems do you use? (for statutory accounting, corp tax, personal tax, client book-keeping)
2. Are these systems interlinked? (or do you spend your time copying data over from the book-keeping module to the accounts production software)
3. Are you happy with the software and the customer service you receive?
4. Are your clients happy with the book-keeping software? (is it intuitive enough and does it save them time entering the data?)
5. What sort of fees are you paying?
Any help/views on the above would be greatly appreciated.
- Xerocon 2016 1,022 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,192 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 236 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 250 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 598 12
- Personal Tax 500 11
- USA Tax Query 175 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,661 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 946 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 299 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 602 18
- Corrupt Excel File 675 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 354 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,976 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 415 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 180 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 344 4
- last minute request 523 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46