Accounting & Tax implications of share purchase
My clients company is considering buying shares listed on LSE. Probably wont be a whole load but perhaps a few thousand pounds worth.
I am very rusty on the tax and accounting side of this. I have a few things flowing through my mind but I am not sure on how correct they are;
1. The share purchase will show as an investment on the balance sheet?
2. The investment will be revalued on an annual basis?
3. A revaluation may arise from point 2, which will be subject to tax? Really not sure on that one!
4. Any dividends will be taxed as income and subject to Corporation Tax?
5. When he sells the shares any gain will be subject to capital gains tax?
Google has not proved fruitful on this one, so looking for some expert help.
Thanks in advance.
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 509 11
- (help still needed) Accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 144 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 72 1
- Flat rate vat error 310 7
- EC VAT 199 9
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 506 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 281 14
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 526 16
- can I claim a per diem 247 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 134 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,366 8
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 239 6
- VAT on part of a closed pub 238 14
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 77 1
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 278 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 525 14
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 843 19
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 155 3
- Linux Accounting Software 563 13
- RTI due -no broadband 161 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 822
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 503
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 316
- How to format a stock book 281
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 226
- Tax efficient holding company structure 219
- Investment property company accounts template 217
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 209
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 179
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 177