Accounting for Unrecorded liabilities
My client has an unrecorded loan (from when Limited Company was a partnership) of £9,000. Solicitor letter confirms the balance.
Original loan was £15,000 and repayments of £6,000 were made by the limited company which the previous accountant charged as dividends.
No records exist for partnership business. The business is now VC backed and they have requested that the loan be recorded.
I have been advised that the outstanding loan liability of £9,000 was cleared up by various accounting entries when the partnership was disolved and the limited company was formed. (I can only view transactions in the accounting system since the limited company was formed.
Can anyone assist with the accounting entries to fix this?
Many thanks in advance
- Cash in Hand 149 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 182 5
- are receipts needed? 634 17
- SA302's anyone?? 616 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 332 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 126 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 352 12
- Busines software 164 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 196 6
- Converting a barn for business use 187 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 314 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 317 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 485 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 322 3
- Bookkeping software 731 7
- Clogged Losses 282 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 275 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 661 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 274 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 129 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 372
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 327
- Management expenses for investment company 275
- Bonus Bonds 269
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 185
- P11D benefit received by widow 165
- EXACT ONLINE 160
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 159