Accounting for Unrecorded liabilities
My client has an unrecorded loan (from when Limited Company was a partnership) of £9,000. Solicitor letter confirms the balance.
Original loan was £15,000 and repayments of £6,000 were made by the limited company which the previous accountant charged as dividends.
No records exist for partnership business. The business is now VC backed and they have requested that the loan be recorded.
I have been advised that the outstanding loan liability of £9,000 was cleared up by various accounting entries when the partnership was disolved and the limited company was formed. (I can only view transactions in the accounting system since the limited company was formed.
Can anyone assist with the accounting entries to fix this?
Many thanks in advance
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 263 7
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 99 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 249 4
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 175 6
- Tax on Bitcoin gains in hands of individual 54 1
- VAT on part of a closed pub 194 12
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 194 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 170 3
- Dispensation pointless ? 305 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 209 6
- SME Direct Debit 679 11
- Accountant software 444 13
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,040 23
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 199 3
- Accounting jobs in the UK 168 2
- CIS gross status review 125 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 135 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 379 6
- Flat rate vat error 251 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 110 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 763
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 486
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 303
- How to format a stock book 267
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 215
- Tax efficient holding company structure 207
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 199
- Investment property company accounts template 192
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 175
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 165