Accounting for Unrecorded liabilities
My client has an unrecorded loan (from when Limited Company was a partnership) of £9,000. Solicitor letter confirms the balance.
Original loan was £15,000 and repayments of £6,000 were made by the limited company which the previous accountant charged as dividends.
No records exist for partnership business. The business is now VC backed and they have requested that the loan be recorded.
I have been advised that the outstanding loan liability of £9,000 was cleared up by various accounting entries when the partnership was disolved and the limited company was formed. (I can only view transactions in the accounting system since the limited company was formed.
Can anyone assist with the accounting entries to fix this?
Many thanks in advance
- ACCA practice certificates 457 5
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 57 2
- Limited company buying director's car 250 10
- Limited company buying a car 64 2
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 40 1
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 75 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 40 1
- WC's and capital allowances 155 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 282 13
- Dress code 1,529 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 467 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 232 6
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 418 7
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 357 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 463 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 147 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 82 3
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 180 4
- Trees and hedging - capital expenditure 160 2
- How to complain about HMRC 1,434 17
- CTA study material 763
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 473
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 383
- Employment related securities question 303
- AIM Stocks and IHT 276
- Expat pension contributions? 252
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 252
- Trust for Employee 230
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 162
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 144