Accounting for Unrecorded liabilities
My client has an unrecorded loan (from when Limited Company was a partnership) of £9,000. Solicitor letter confirms the balance.
Original loan was £15,000 and repayments of £6,000 were made by the limited company which the previous accountant charged as dividends.
No records exist for partnership business. The business is now VC backed and they have requested that the loan be recorded.
I have been advised that the outstanding loan liability of £9,000 was cleared up by various accounting entries when the partnership was disolved and the limited company was formed. (I can only view transactions in the accounting system since the limited company was formed.
Can anyone assist with the accounting entries to fix this?
Many thanks in advance
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 93 2
- The return 672 25
- break even point 1,078 32
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 55 1
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 128 4
- IHT Query 386 8
- Profit & Loss accounts filling when tax is withheld overseas 85 2
- Charity accounting 57 2
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 986 44
- IHT on offshore settlement 143 2
- Get it off your chest 144 2
- How best to declare a mistake on a tax return by previous agent 130 1
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 347 2
- Limited Company trading status. 322 8
- Payroll 175 6
- Classic cars investment 506 14
- Vat registration 170 5
- VAT ON MAINTENANCE PROVIDED TO ESTATE AGENT 100 3
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 212 6
- Deceased's Tax Return to date of death 226 2
- Possible Partnership? 549
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 545
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 479
- New Fangled Penalties 345
- Clubs and Taxable Income 285
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 268
- Loans to other companies 214
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 205
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 172
- Outsource Data Entry 172