Accounting for Unrecorded liabilities
My client has an unrecorded loan (from when Limited Company was a partnership) of £9,000. Solicitor letter confirms the balance.
Original loan was £15,000 and repayments of £6,000 were made by the limited company which the previous accountant charged as dividends.
No records exist for partnership business. The business is now VC backed and they have requested that the loan be recorded.
I have been advised that the outstanding loan liability of £9,000 was cleared up by various accounting entries when the partnership was disolved and the limited company was formed. (I can only view transactions in the accounting system since the limited company was formed.
Can anyone assist with the accounting entries to fix this?
Many thanks in advance
- Where has Portia gone? 5,051 110
- Help 165 10
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 92 2
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 220 9
- Overlap profit 294 7
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 319 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,064 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 133 1
- Payments on account 187 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 83 1
- What do your junior staff do? 524 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 655 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 415 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 537 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 132 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,942 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 355 3
- On the high seas 115 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 149 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 859 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 853
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 445
- Sanzar 342
- How do you do it 337
- Digital marketing focus group 313
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 296
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 210
- Fit for purpose 203
- new investor structure 200
- VAT Registration 181