Accounting yearend dates in US and Australia
Our client has a small company in the UK and one a small company in Australia. They recently grouped them by creating a US Delaware LLC to be the holding company.
I have established that the LLC will not be required to prepare consolidated group accounts. However, we want to encourage the client to bring all the year ends into line if possible.
So I have a number of questions:-
1) Are Delaware LLCs allowed to choose their own year end date?
2) Are they allowed to change an existing year end date?
3) Are Australian companies allowed to choose their own year end date?
4) Are they allowed to change an existing year end date?
- IHT dilemma 715 15
- Merger of Two companies 102 5
- Why should I retain membership? 3,058 50
- Sum Product - Pulling my hair out! 638 13
- PPR/CGT/Part-Disposal/Land 142 4
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 102 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 355 8
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 572 17
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 3,450 22
- Wear and tear allowance 1,231 11
- Was there ever a time limit for claiming taper relief? 131 2
- CIC Dividend Cap 239 7
- New business - journal entries 485 23
- Incorporating Sole Trade and bringing in spouse 245 1
- NEGLIGIBLE VALUE CLAIMS 106 1
- Excel question - how can I easily link to a row of data with gaps between the cells? 756 25
- Director's loan account in credit 365 3
- Contract worker paying Employers NI 175 3
- Bloomsbury Professional tax books 268 5
- CT/CIS offset 247 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 936
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 734
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 420
- Excuses, excuses!!! 250
- Social investment tax relief 228
- Digita Hosted Software 227
- Call Centre Data Costs 213
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 204
- Travel costs and contractors 192
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 191