Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 185 4
- SA302 277 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 231 4
- Go Cardless 326 9
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 203 3
- Hmrc software 217 3
- Mehjoo 265 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 106 1
- Hosted email exchange 171 5
- South African Government Pension 179 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 164 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 282 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 308 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 243 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 148 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 284 7
- New Email Extensions 198 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 316 2
- Dental practice incorpration 155 1
- Audit rules 181 4
- Xtuple 509
- Qtac payroll for bureau 348
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 292
- Industrial & Provident Societies 283
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 225
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 169
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 166
- CIS schemes 161
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 142