Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Pricing 128 3
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 305 15
- VAT on “Reimbursement” from third parties 43 1
- Money laundering POCA 180 4
- Company incorrectly marked 'dormant' by HMRC 44 1
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 71 1
- Auto-Enrolment 2,959 157
- P11d mistake 91 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 170 2
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 457 1
- CLG exempt under s60 122 2
- Improvement expenses allowable against rental income 141 4
- Alternative to CIS 412 9
- Can I become a self employed bookkeeper?? 358 4
- Supplier 1,262 13
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 144 2
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 958 22
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,014 7
- Mutual trading organisation 127 2
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 526 9
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 498
- Skandia using wrong address 442
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 239
- Employee rewards 232
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 208
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 183
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 181
- Etax Australian 149