Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 420 20
- trading losses allowable? 739 14
- Tax Fines - HMRC 750 12
- Post AAT? 639 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 69 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 864 36
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 45 1
- Probate services 347 6
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 188 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,612 37
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 267 7
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,487 24
- Opening Balance in Sage 50 Accounts 116 3
- Sage accounts help 99 1
- Community Faux Pas 817 25
- AAT before CIMA? 126 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 454 9
- Shared Network Drive on the Cloud 100 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 173 6
- Here we go.... 867 25