Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- flat rate scheme 824 28
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 585 18
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 114 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 241 1
- CIS online 161 3
- Class IV NIC 171 3
- bookkeeping system 202 4
- Company van paid by director 111 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,569 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 253 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 136 3
- Private company division 105 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 307 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 642 7
- Split year treatment ? 124 1
- How to reward a long standing employee 281 3
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 111 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 210 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 254 3
- Special dividends & CGT 313 2