Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Capital Gain? 404 11
- IHT Query 60 2
- Reversing out RTI 110 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 295 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 844 22
- Gift or Capital Gain? 298 8
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 269 6
- BrightPay 610 18
- Classic cars investment 239 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 218 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 320 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 337 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 270 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 267 2
- H&W company 227 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 197 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 171 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 176 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 808 32
- VAT silly question 2,414 56
- Benchmarking 494
- Possible Partnership? 437
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 412
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 411
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 357
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 212
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 209
- Clubs and Taxable Income 199
- Income tax on foreign dividends 192
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 186