Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Just for fun. 698 22
- VAT on purchase of plant from Germany 98 3
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 73 1
- How to pay national insurance 502 16
- Spam blocking 123 4
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 205 4
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 205 9
- AccountingWeb is unworkable 120 1
- Small pool write off 209 4
- Bonus in june 233 2
- Where do I declare dividends in HMRC's Computations software ? 175 5
- reduce rate VAT on conversion from 2 to 1 dwelling 105 2
- HMRC Email 318 5
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,920 21
- Employment status 213 3
- BIM47080 and director training before trade starts 175 5
- Accounting Software for Small Practice 989 23
- Hannah's blog post about fish 366 4
- Overlap relief 642 16
- Timescale for S455/S458 reclaims 167 3
- Theatre Tax Relief 481
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 376
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 369
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 343
- Perkbox 309
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 302
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 269
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 267
- Document Management Systems 249
- WIP Software 229