Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 516 5
- See you all on the other side 647 6
- 12Pay 372 2
- dividends 504 2
- R&D 283 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,139 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 422 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 364 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 331 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 522 5
- Seeking a tax case 596 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 458 4
- Companies house strike off 468 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 371 2
- Moving to the cloud 716 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 207 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 866 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 196 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,074 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 468 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 546
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 413
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 363
- IRIS and FRS 102 345
- Capitalising Finance Lease 311
- USA help 308
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 285
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 279
- Capital gains on rental property 255
- Sage Coretime 230