Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Company Director In Prison 381 10
- Tax position re this lease? 353 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 660 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 83 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,622 70
- Incorporated when they should not have 207 7
- Help with HMRC investigation 100 2
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 75 2
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 318 5
- AWeb - download file 121 2
- pension paid by company? 321 8
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 733 17
- Late annual return 113 1
- Charity work 209 10
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 223 12
- HMRC Agents Line 131 2
- Managing Employee Expenses 177 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,686 60
- inheritance tax 569 14
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 164 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 672
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 499
- Cancelled 426
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 361
- Probiz 333
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 322
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 242
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 214
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 197