Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Gifting shares 201 4
- VAT Registration 349 17
- Holding companies 78 4
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 602 5
- Notes to statutory accounts 151 9
- Childminding & Wear & Tear Allowance 30 1
- VAT on motor expenses 830 30
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 114 4
- Soil Survey Required Mortgage 160 5
- What does it mean?? 81 1
- A question about share structure 160 2
- VAT & Landlords 86 2
- Client died family to pay redundancy 176 2
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 311 5
- Rent paid by director 59 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 107 1
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 418 13
- Builder using cash labour 327 3
- Easy way to not pay tax 762 18
- Accomodation charge for Publican 130 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,518
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 838
- International interest certificate 455
- NOVA 313
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 196
- Bonus Bonds 194
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 192
- Management expenses for investment company 187
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 172
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 165