Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Fixed asset registers 304 10
- What is the best blog for practitioners to follow? 359 7
- Tech Champion of the Year 263 6
- Xmas party 127 1
- Just because it's Friday 299 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,362 66
- Inheritance Tax - Simple Question 155 4
- Non-resident employer & employee 108 4
- Capital Allowances 164 4
- equipment rental 221 10
- Acquisition by company 119 5
- Non sequitur 544 7
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 1,506 23
- R&D on products not sold 101 3
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 932 13
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 198 4
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 647 9
- Transfer of land to family members 104 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 593 11
- The process of issuing dividend? 225 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,369
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 437
- Alphabet shares 241
- Agent fees to sell business 231
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 230
- Charge out rates in London 185
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 169
- which entity 151
- UK tax regime 'attractive' to investors, says KPMG 142
- confusion about 141