Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 641 10
- CGT allowable expenditure 29 2
- error on companies house accounts 811 19
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 29 1
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 35 1
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 438 13
- Working in Australia and using allowance in UK? 39 1
- Group Relief 163 4
- New shareholder 269 4
- Newly Started Practice 799 16
- Moneysoft update problem 101 1
- HMRC stupidity of the day 331 3
- Directors obligation to notify 239 2
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 243 4
- Clients 831 17
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 272 5
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 392 3
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 374 2
- Sage Payroll 201 4
- PAYROLL - SAGE v Microsoft Payroll Manager 198 3
- QROP pension input amounts 506
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 495
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 451
- EPS and CIS deductions 314
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 300
- Construction CIS LLP Company 292
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 261
- SAGE winforecast 210
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 199
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 196