Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 198 6
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,182 14
- do i pay vat when buying a business 393 22
- Loss Relief 193 3
- RTI error - two of the same employer - what to do 276 5
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 623 19
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 56 1
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 268 3
- Professional Clearance 427 14
- Property Expenses - Allowable 300 4
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,295 35
- SA302's anyone?? 211 6
- VAT errors 133 3
- Introduction of Goodwill 853 15
- VAT & Landlords 267 7
- are receipts needed? 452 13
- Capital reduction 206 1
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 309 1
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 148 4
- CIC accounts submission 184 4
- Skandia using wrong address 1,598
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 887
- International interest certificate 496
- NOVA 359
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 264
- Management expenses for investment company 250
- Bonus Bonds 248
- Help with tax codes on Sage 192
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 160
- Clogged Losses 152