Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Why should I retain membership? 2,067 34
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 606 10
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,090 13
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 123 5
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 190 11
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 49 1
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 439 13
- HMRC Underpayment notices. Are they related to Employers Allowance 145 1
- Starting Self Employment while Employed in Practice 2,595 41
- Company purchase of shares 221 14
- VAT: option to tax 202 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 195 3
- Payroll software 585 14
- Permanent Place of Work & Travel & Subsistence 155 4
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 224 1
- xerocon 356 11
- Money Soft payroll 393 10
- Problems with restoring companies on Sage 2015 110 4
- PPR/CGT/Part-Disposal/Land 115 3
- Software with departmental and cost centre reports 76 1
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 679
- Auto enrolment excuses 595
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 358
- Social investment tax relief 173
- Call Centre Data Costs 172
- Digita Hosted Software 169
- option to tax 153
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 134
- VAT on deposits 130
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 129