Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,240 53
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 302 10
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 99 2
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 201 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 158 3
- client can't/won't pay 417 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 170 6
- AIA 165 4
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 248 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 257 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,182 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 259 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 198 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 554 26
- HMRC SA software error? 161 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 170 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 267 14
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 210 6
- Treatment of income for sole trader 187 2
- wave software 141 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 787
- Copy Wanted 500
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 457
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 453
- Latest phishing scam 289
- Entrepreneurs' relief 277
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 270
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 251
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 240
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 237