Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- VAT on finance leases 103 2
- Problem ex client...again.. 1,772 16
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 27 1
- Goods Purchased for Rental 668 34
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,022 31
- Second Incomes Campaign 151 2
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 251 8
- Professional Clearance 1,560 24
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 271 4
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 407 6
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 400 11
- Interflora florist 216 3
- Sole trader hid directorships. 95 1
- More HMRC on gov.uk 471 9
- Friendly Pensions 232 1
- Online Timesheet Facility 92 1
- Company Reorganisation 312 4
- CONVERSAION OF DIRECTOR LOAN INTO EQUITY 202 5
- CGT on second home? 261 4
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 221 8
- NOVA 495
- Bonus Bonds 384
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 365
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 280
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 246
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 169
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 156
- Finance Lease 150
- Company Car Lease 146
- Form 42 137