Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,862 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 236 2
- Xerocon 2016 801 12
- Personal Tax 175 2
- Mortgage Reference 159 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 147 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,176 45
- Practical experience 849 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 431 9
- VAT 305 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 209 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 172 1
- last minute request 277 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 78 1
- Cash gift from India 499 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 83 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 452 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 118 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 270 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 668 6