Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,809 443
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 205 4
- capital gains on PPR 247 13
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 362 13
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 177 7
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TAX EFFICIENT WAY TO SELL 40% SHARES IN YOUR START UP BUSINESS FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 MILLION POUNDS 169 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,298 62
- Company expansion 99 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 377 6
- Pension Contributions Relief 499 15
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 525 8
- 100% Xero practice 2,482 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 258 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 189 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 171 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 299 9
- PRR 371 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 413 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 324 7
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 446 20
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,314
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 480
- National Insurance 372
- Non Resident 298
- Franchise income and costs 264
- Hands on experience of Digita 215
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 192
- Employer's Helpline 167
- employment capital allowances 162
- CIS paid under reg 9 157