Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Do I pay VAT back to employer for my training?? 68 4
- Company dividends 678 24
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,228 46
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 297 11
- White van man 902 27
- FYAs on second-hand vans 73 5
- VAT Margin Schemes 74 1
- Anybody received an Employer Payment Booklet for 2015-2016? 92 4
- Investment from Friend 269 11
- VAT registration transfer 56 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 194 7
- US-UK pension problem 141 3
- Limited Companies Merger 82 3
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 282 1
- Treatment of income for sole trader 320 3
- Serious help with shutting down company I started as a kid? 220 3
- Dividend amount for company where tax year doesnt go to 31st March 185 4
- UK LTD Company to start working in Norway 98 2
- How to value a business asset? 181 4
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 460 15
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 891
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 588
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 558
- Latest phishing scam 497
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 363
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 332
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 262
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 180
- Capital allowances in first basis period 168
- Sabbatical payments 162