Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 177 4
- SA302 300 7
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 263 4
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 278 13
- Bringing money to Uk 259 4
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 267 5
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 194 4
- Go Cardless 341 9
- Hmrc software 233 3
- Mehjoo 275 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 127 1
- Hosted email exchange 176 5
- South African Government Pension 183 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 304 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 311 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 247 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 152 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 293 7
- New Email Extensions 213 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 327 2
- Xtuple 513
- Qtac payroll for bureau 352
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 296
- Industrial & Provident Societies 288
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 228
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 187
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 185
- Domain name sale and limited company 173
- CIS schemes 170
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 147