Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 143 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 29 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 242 6
- CIS 33 1
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 593 12
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 97 1
- Really?! 669 9
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 280 4
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 163 3
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 447 6
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 888 12
- Is the CT61 return dead? 269 4
- Car Purchase 128 1
- Directors liability insurance and scope 162 7
- IR35 115 1
- Car benefit or not? 1,919 18
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 282 3
- Questions from Liquidator 2,266 24
- Drawing Down Directors Current account 1,579 9
- backpack 239 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 704
- 2015 tax year end 436
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 412
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 350
- Costly Accounting Software contract 302
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 254
- Directors' advances and credits 250
- DTA tie-breaker issue 238
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 220
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 201