Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Do I need a smartphone? 108 3
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,275 46
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 281 8
- Company struck off 117 4
- Employment Allowance 369 6
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 149 2
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 414 8
- West Bromich Albion 327 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 341 10
- What are options for non CA firm 2,877 61
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 391 10
- 27,000 Really? 1,208 38
- Legal title not in the company name 817 23
- Opening Balances 225 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 611 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 169 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 118 1
- This is getting boring 647 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 285 7
- pension paid by company? 149 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 645
- Cancelled 400
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 345
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 312
- Probiz 307
- How not to compose an email 295
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 284
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 261
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 225