Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Director registration for SA question 403 16
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 108 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 237 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 485 22
- Voluntary Disclosure 84 1
- valuation of vehicles 385 16
- Business only use of company car 674 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 500 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 298 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 930 29
- New Company reviews please 528 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 298 4
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 199 2
- VAT with Russia 204 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 231 4
- Money Laundering Manual 299 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 239 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,107 29
- directors loan 345 8
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 370 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 293
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 242
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 237
- Any thoughts on Capium? 221
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 216
- auto enrolment 184
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 174
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 151
- How to account for investment in JV? 148
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 147