Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Company Secretarial Software 1,235 26
- Resigning as only director 1,037 10
- Loan interest rental property 100 3
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 203 1
- Payroll charges when raw data not reliable 528 7
- What's the plural? 499 11
- Processing RTI whilst on holiday 2,767 45
- Mathematical conundrum on loan repayments 456 5
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 277 2
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 166 10
- Opinions and advice needed 126 3
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 62 1
- Accounting Crew 572 12
- Complete business outside UK 65 1
- Builder - Roll over relief 333 15
- Goodwill receipt 305 7
- Sage training course 277 8
- Self Employed travel 285 6
- What should I charge for unlimited advice and support ? 425 9
- hourly rate for employee compared with freelancer 217 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 565
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 420
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 321
- IFA incorporation 291
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 282
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 275
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 242
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 230
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 211
- Cancelled 166