Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 899 8
- Is this a scam? 1,305 23
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 391 6
- Question for FreeAgent users 212 7
- Output tax for retailer 56 3
- VAT silly question 2,217 50
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 393 10
- Unregistered tax driver 100 4
- Issue of TAX Invoices 119 2
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 146 2
- Failure to operate PAYE 493 21
- Gift or Capital Gain? 125 3
- Payroll software 357 13
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 247 20
- Tax tribunal strike rates 153 2
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,340 21
- ATED-Related CGT returns 292 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 197 4
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,348 31
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 933 22
- Overseas Sales 520
- Benchmarking 459
- Possible Partnership? 403
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 393
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 372
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 310
- Wednesday rant 283
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 187
- Which PayPal transactions can I ignore? 179
- Filing Corporation Tax Return for a company that only has investment income 168