Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 267 8
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 70 2
- Employment Allowance 310 3
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 71 2
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,334 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 115 4
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 97 2
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 928 21
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 350 9
- Company Structure 263 2
- The importance of Grammar 2,049 58
- Who is responsible for goods values for customs clearance? 39 1
- Accountant Specialization. 84 1
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 200 3
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 244 1
- Director Liability 228 4
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 391 5
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 230 2
- Freelance/Employee 488 13
- 2 companies, one payroll 293 9
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 399
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 362
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 341
- Electric Car 274
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 177
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 167
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 158
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 156
- AIA 153