Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 81 4
- client threatening legal action 2,098 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 134 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 141 1
- Instant CPD offer 292 4
- Cash basis 522 13
- Income from rent charged to business 145 2
- payroll software 377 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 450 5
- Statutory sick pay 316 4
- Dividend in specie 373 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 224 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 181 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 148 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 278 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 297 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 178 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 404 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,862 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 339 3
- Skandia using wrong address 582
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 311
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 310
- Employee rewards 291
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 261
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 231
- Etax Australian 191
- LLP in Construction Industry 157
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 134
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 134