Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- CGT history of shares 176 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 139 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 173 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 335 6
- CGT on sale of let property 114 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 179 2
- how do i get UTR 141 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 89 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 238 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 416 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 132 1
- Your comments please 314 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 192 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 127 2
- EIS 198 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 131 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 115 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 128 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 728 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 207 1
- Moving away from CCH software 969
- QROP pension input amounts 453
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 398
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 383
- fraud 306
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 282
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 246
- Construction CIS LLP Company 231
- EPS and CIS deductions 224
- Out of time or not? 210