Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 83 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 228 1
- will this work for IHT 249 2
- Best software for small practice? 633 20
- Paid too much !! 242 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,741 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 251 7
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 191 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 480 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 112 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 91 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 93 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 475 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 748 11
- Sports Sponsorship 144 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 260 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 213 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 245 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,326 14
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,271 21
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 766
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 454
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 274
- DTA tie-breaker issue 262
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 246
- CGT for NOn UK residents 220
- Apprenticeship Levy 202
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 191
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181
- Just checking re PSA 175