Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- SAGE con 132 2
- Dazed & confused 66 2
- Related Parties Note 370 8
- Goodwill ammortisation 215 2
- Overpayment relief claim 100 4
- How to prepare and Finalize Vat company accounts 210 9
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,506 63
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 499 28
- Charity reserves 105 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,458 16
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 490 8
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 126 1
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,240 19
- do I have to pay NI? 261 4
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 95 3
- rates of pay query 144 1
- Flat rate vat error 417 8
- Can you recognize revenue on asset sold and bought back at a later stage? 95 2
- How to format a stock book 393 2
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 272 8
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 996
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 540
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 358
- Tax efficient holding company structure 284
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 268
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 209
- Charge out rates in London? 201
- Personal consumption by landlord 177
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 177
- Interest on Loan to a Company 169