Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,719 77
- Dependant Relative 217 3
- Providing registered office address to clients 206 5
- What would you do in this situation? 305 8
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 185 5
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,499 49
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 418 14
- Foster Care 111 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 791 33
- TOMS - Travel Agents 47 1
- Insurance Claim & VAT 88 1
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 275 5
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 138 2
- HMRC Money Laundering Visit 582 3
- Dividend Payments 505 12
- Employed clients and expenses 896 18
- More HMRC on gov.uk 676 12
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 208 4
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 457 8
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 496 12
- Bonus Bonds 397
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 391
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 304
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 265
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 200
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 197
- Company Car Lease 172
- Finance Lease 162
- Form 42 154
- Demerger Reserve 136