Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Seeking advice: Tax on investing in a subsidiary 34 1
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 244 8
- Can criminal action be a defence? 104 3
- National Living Wage: creating jobs or unemployment? 257 6
- Chargeable Gains - CT600 75 2
- Income prior to company formation 126 6
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,384 13
- HMRC Security Deposit 524 13
- Restoring a Ltd company which had been struck off 365 9
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 230 4
- My friend may have unknowingly participated in a tax avoidance scheme... 910 8
- question 373 3
- VAT underpayment 187 6
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 244 5
- Company Limited by Guarantee 94 1
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 386 9
- notarising & legalising documents 102 1
- Company Van 346 8
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 1,015 19
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 400 10
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 393
- Any thoughts on Capium? 366
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 283
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 258
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 247
- French ConnectionUK 199
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 185
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 185
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 180
- APN's 169