Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 23 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 777 32
- Classic cars investment 212 6
- BrightPay 570 16
- VAT silly question 2,374 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,074 10
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 126 2
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 241 5
- Gift or Capital Gain? 246 6
- Federation Accounts 357 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 536 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 278 5
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 141 2
- Late reply from HMRC 253 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 284 6
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,670 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,424 22
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,794 43
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 505 11
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 227 3
- Benchmarking 487
- Possible Partnership? 428
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 406
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 405
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 346
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 205
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 202
- Clubs and Taxable Income 186
- Income tax on foreign dividends 185
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 180