Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Anybody taken part in the Growth Voucher Scheme? 203 7
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 272 10
- Should I continue with the ACA? 227 6
- Dispensing with accounting periods, with nested ledgers. 73 1
- Intangble Assets 72 1
- Foreign Premium Distributions 192 4
- Benefit fraud 3,255 45
- Companies House 636 5
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 263 4
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 296 11
- How much did you pay for your website 978 20
- RTI Penalties 140 1
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 341 10
- How to delete of a password protected company? 98 2
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 184 5
- FRS percentage 112 2
- Subsidiary exemption from audit via parent guarantee 94 1
- Can I use the approved mileage rates in a Limited Company? 254 5
- Gross Profit Percentage 560 11
- Companies House 473 8
- CTA study material 630
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 384
- Employment related securities question 235
- ATED Penalties 206
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 205
- AIM Stocks and IHT 184
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 151
- Expat pension contributions? 141
- Trust for Employee 135
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 126