Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Tax Implications for Selling a Subsidiary 22 1
- Summer festivals! 287 10
- Can I pay into a pension? 238 7
- Do accountants work at home? 737 19
- I used to think HMRC contact lines couldnt get any worse................ 398 11
- Merging my businesses 272 4
- Where has Portia gone? 6,406 122
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 866 22
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 254 1
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 1,085 19
- new investor structure 219 1
- SPORTS SUPPLEMENTS 128 3
- Furnished Holiday Lets & VAT 175 7
- Overlap profit 373 8
- VAT on Security Services to Foreign Companies. 103 3
- NHS England and the Off Payroll Worker Team 185 3
- The Accountancy Party: What’s in your manifesto? 217 4
- Personal Expenses 256 5
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 484 10
- Accountants Qualifications 398 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 884
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 472
- Sanzar 362
- Digital marketing focus group 319
- Fit for purpose 215
- career 189
- Continuity Agreement 188
- Buyback 179
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 168
- Isle of Man payroll 167