Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,081 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 119 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 597 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 112 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 110 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 162 1
- How to deal with prior year error 158 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 529 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,340 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,050 20
- Tax Calculations 657 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 408 4
- Exemption from CGT 236 2
- VAT Registration 245 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 467 14
- Autumn statement predictions 438 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 341 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 191 3
- Moneysoft error 436 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 649 26