Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 1,057 8
- Virtually Impossible 137 2
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 247 4
- Newly Started Practice 529 12
- SSP days and Holidays 105 2
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 483 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 323 7
- error on companies house accounts 493 14
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,502 113
- Is there a reporting requirement? 126 1
- Clients 372 6
- Home to Office 240 5
- Investment property? 172 3
- Property income 144 2
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 98 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 230 5
- Commission on holiday accrual 166 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 211 4
- VAT reclaim on costs incurred for VAT exempt services 125 1
- IR35 calc - which months' E'ees NICs and PAYE to include? 152 3
- QROP pension input amounts 485
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 457
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 427
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 274
- EPS and CIS deductions 273
- Construction CIS LLP Company 256
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 222
- SAGE winforecast 189
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 182
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174