Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Personal allowance for a resident of both Belgium and UK? 176 10
- Expenses prior to Startup date for startup 39 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 579 16
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 526 19
- Warning of enforcement action - without any warnings 155 2
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 198 3
- What is the role of an accountant? 1,211 21
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 93 2
- business card address 989 11
- VAT on educational consultancy 74 1
- Which tax box 53 1
- Will this AIA be disallowed when asset transferred to Ltd Co 163 10
- Tax on private fuel for own car 83 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,595 8
- paragraph 2 schedule 36 finance act 2008 77 1
- would home tutoring ever have to come under PAYE? 138 5
- Supplier invoice addressed to a different company, how is this treated for VAT? 217 10
- Moneysoft payroll 307 17
- Sportman claiming for training kit 838 9
- Self Employed Hairdressers and VAT treatment 130 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,252
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 448
- National Insurance 347
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 269
- Non Resident 265
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 257
- Franchise income and costs 230
- Hands on experience of Digita 180
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 170
- Employer's Helpline 136