Accounts office doesn't update addresses on PAYE
Has anyone else found this problem?
When we have taken over PAYE schemes from another payroll agency we have updated addresses with the Employers office.
This seems to feed through to the Accounts office in Bradford and payment booklets get sent to us as new agent. Then 2 years down the line a critical piece of communication (in this case a refund cheque) gets sent by the Accounts office to the old payroll agency.
I spoke to the Employers helpline who confirmed that all addresses on the PAYE scheme were correctly updated 2 years ago, and then she said "I don't know if the accounts office use a different system, if they do, I don't have access to it"
So I finally managed to get through to the accounts office who said yes we updated the agency address 2 years ago, but clearly no-one told us to update the communiaction address "it's not our fault" - they hold 3 address fields, employer, agent and communication.
What process should I use to update addresses on PAYE schemes? I asked the employer helpline and they said write to the Employers office or fill in the online form (well that's what I did and that clearly doesn't work)... I asked the accounts office and he said "well I can change this for you now over the phone, but it only updates our records not the employers office records"
Why do I feel that I am constantly banging my head against a blooming brick wall with HMRC...
- Microsoft One Drive 237 8
- Capital Allowances for cars/hackney carriages 82 2
- Travel expenses for director - flight 375 4
- Invoices 105 1
- Not a question but made my day 605 14
- Accounts Package 259 8
- Question about VAT Group Registration 114 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 647 18
- Does reputation of a tax agent affect likelihood of a HMRC audit 247 3
- Reclaim VAT charged by US company 265 3
- Repayment of Share Capital 401 8
- VAT on property 128 1
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 284 4
- PPR ELECTION 315 9
- Late night meals self employed 370 2
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 423 9
- EBT Self Assessment Return 272 1
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,886 18
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 133 1
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,887 25
- NHS finance professionals 572
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 378
- Foreign Pension Contribution 348
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 330
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 311
- vat gross profit percentage margins 307
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 286
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 252
- Thinning income 233
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 204