Accrue for VAT on purchases?
I have started a small business and am pulling together the monthly management accounts for the Board but am coming across a number of probably very simple accounting/book keeping problems.
The first I have a dilemma over is the treatment of VAT on monthly accrued expenses, should this be recorded as follows?
1. DR P&L expense: £100
2. CR Balance sheet accruals: £120
3. DR Balance sheet VAT debtor: £20
OR should I ignore VAT as I don't have an invoice for the accrued expense?
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,465 5
- How much does the company pay 81 2
- Help with CGT please 89 3
- Lack of VAT Receipt 123 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 310 6
- Benefit in Kind 306 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 324 17
- Will I need to resign? 944 11
- Cocaine anyone? 671 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 259 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 163 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 205 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 181 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 853 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 551 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 724 13
- Personal pension 454 9
- Business rates consultancy 274 4
- Wrong tax code 193 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 116 2
- Hive up 519
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 478
- corporate hierarchy 457
- Advice - 300
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 249
- WWOOFers 245
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 224
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 200
- The booking.com con 189
- Cocaine anyone? 173