Accrue for VAT on purchases?
I have started a small business and am pulling together the monthly management accounts for the Board but am coming across a number of probably very simple accounting/book keeping problems.
The first I have a dilemma over is the treatment of VAT on monthly accrued expenses, should this be recorded as follows?
1. DR P&L expense: £100
2. CR Balance sheet accruals: £120
3. DR Balance sheet VAT debtor: £20
OR should I ignore VAT as I don't have an invoice for the accrued expense?
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 162 13
- Corp Tax Refund 127 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,751 477
- Email hacker for hire ... 314 8
- Fees for Property Tax Return 482 15
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 86 10
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 258 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 49 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 174 1
- Audit partner? 233 6
- Losses on FHL Property 90 1
- SA302 for mortgage advisors 237 5
- Has anyone encountered this scenario 115 1
- corp tax software 967 13
- Does anyone use quotation software? 305 6
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,616 72
- Can't read my handwriting 552 12
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 692 15
- Is this fraud? 846 13
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 414 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,365
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 510
- National Insurance 404
- Non Resident 315
- Hands on experience of Digita 237
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 216
- Employer's Helpline 185
- CIS paid under reg 9 174
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 144
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 138