Accrue for VAT on purchases?
I have started a small business and am pulling together the monthly management accounts for the Board but am coming across a number of probably very simple accounting/book keeping problems.
The first I have a dilemma over is the treatment of VAT on monthly accrued expenses, should this be recorded as follows?
1. DR P&L expense: £100
2. CR Balance sheet accruals: £120
3. DR Balance sheet VAT debtor: £20
OR should I ignore VAT as I don't have an invoice for the accrued expense?
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 893 21
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 177 5
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 159 3
- Where has Portia gone? 1,662 63
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 91 1
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 204 6
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 187 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 256 4
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 387 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 327 9
- Merging my businesses 127 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,719 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 515 16
- VAT on commercial property 141 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,039 49
- deceased creditor 203 5
- Corporate member of LLP 278 1
- Investment company 272 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 344 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 220 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 781
- RTI - duplicate employee record 535
- Pensions Regulator 444
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 404
- Sage Vat return box 2 307
- Sanzar 305
- Digital marketing focus group 288
- How do you do it 279
- Portia ... Where art thou 258
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 255