Accrue for VAT on purchases?
I have started a small business and am pulling together the monthly management accounts for the Board but am coming across a number of probably very simple accounting/book keeping problems.
The first I have a dilemma over is the treatment of VAT on monthly accrued expenses, should this be recorded as follows?
1. DR P&L expense: £100
2. CR Balance sheet accruals: £120
3. DR Balance sheet VAT debtor: £20
OR should I ignore VAT as I don't have an invoice for the accrued expense?
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 71 3
- OBK 383 16
- Flat Rate Scheme - Joining date 58 1
- Auto-Enrolment 3,640 175
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,721 26
- Sage error message 128 2
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 68 1
- Partially exempt? 142 5
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 464 5
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 134 3
- Mileage claim 212 9
- Proof of Delivery 227 8
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 87 4
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 521 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 335 8
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 228 9
- Property expense - legal fees 153 3
- Research expenses for authors 277 6
- Investor exit 83 1
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 132 3
- Skandia using wrong address 460
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 268
- Employee rewards 247
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 246
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 215
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 205
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 200
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 187
- Etax Australian 160
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 148