Accrue for VAT on purchases?
I have started a small business and am pulling together the monthly management accounts for the Board but am coming across a number of probably very simple accounting/book keeping problems.
The first I have a dilemma over is the treatment of VAT on monthly accrued expenses, should this be recorded as follows?
1. DR P&L expense: £100
2. CR Balance sheet accruals: £120
3. DR Balance sheet VAT debtor: £20
OR should I ignore VAT as I don't have an invoice for the accrued expense?
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 139 2
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 109 1
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 236 1
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 58 1
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 247 2
- Wear and tear allowance 275 4
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 604 24
- Husband and Wife Holiday letting profit split 80 3
- tax insider 354 5
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 501 19
- Tax on sale of shares 64 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 213 2
- late payroll registration 76 1
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 470 18
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 48 2
- Profit and Loss Account Adjustments 190 7
- Expenses paid by director (the owner) 252 4
- Breaking Up A Property Company 267 2
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 236 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 530 8
- Skandia using wrong address 1,418
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 728
- Any views 664
- HMRC Employers Diary 496
- International interest certificate 412
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 370
- Sale of business 322
- NOVA 229
- Advertising services? 221
- IRIS Open Books problem 212