Accrue for VAT on purchases?
I have started a small business and am pulling together the monthly management accounts for the Board but am coming across a number of probably very simple accounting/book keeping problems.
The first I have a dilemma over is the treatment of VAT on monthly accrued expenses, should this be recorded as follows?
1. DR P&L expense: £100
2. CR Balance sheet accruals: £120
3. DR Balance sheet VAT debtor: £20
OR should I ignore VAT as I don't have an invoice for the accrued expense?
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,214 31
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,193 23
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 170 5
- Not a good start no broadband 439 10
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 107 2
- is this fraud? 691 12
- Married woman dies owning marital home 430 4
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 694 14
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 188 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 57 1
- Intrastat triangulation 53 1
- CGT 144 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 183 4
- Question regarding gym training 366 6
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 154 3
- CIS Deductions 231 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,394 27
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 422 8
- Property initial recognition 163 2
- P11D Dispensation 248 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 582
- Cancelled 341
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 327
- Cancelled 280
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 250
- Probiz 232
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 173
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 172
- Car leasing scheme 165
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 150