Accrue for VAT on purchases?
I have started a small business and am pulling together the monthly management accounts for the Board but am coming across a number of probably very simple accounting/book keeping problems.
The first I have a dilemma over is the treatment of VAT on monthly accrued expenses, should this be recorded as follows?
1. DR P&L expense: £100
2. CR Balance sheet accruals: £120
3. DR Balance sheet VAT debtor: £20
OR should I ignore VAT as I don't have an invoice for the accrued expense?
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 370 9
- Marketing and email surprises 435 9
- The stupidity continues 1,189 64
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 751 26
- What is IRIS World like? 398 10
- Bank request To verify Accounts 106 1
- transactions after account have been closed 290 9
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 97 1
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 308 5
- Mlom bollocks 197 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 86 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 158 1
- AML report needed? 90 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 575 11
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 281 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 271 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 159 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,367 25
- New Employers Helpline 224 4
- Software recommendations 290 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 443
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 441
- WIP Software 304
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 239
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 234
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 214
- Is there anything wrong with this? 209
- Small Part Disposal of Property 195
- Uncommercial property business 186