Accrue for VAT on purchases?
I have started a small business and am pulling together the monthly management accounts for the Board but am coming across a number of probably very simple accounting/book keeping problems.
The first I have a dilemma over is the treatment of VAT on monthly accrued expenses, should this be recorded as follows?
1. DR P&L expense: £100
2. CR Balance sheet accruals: £120
3. DR Balance sheet VAT debtor: £20
OR should I ignore VAT as I don't have an invoice for the accrued expense?
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 61 3
- Company director and KIT days 101 1
- Designated sole Residence 183 3
- client can't/won't pay 2,164 50
- Anybody still doing returns? 824 34
- Clothing 576 18
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 280 12
- Digita in the cloud 35 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 221 7
- IHT and US resident 121 2
- Tax relief when working away 48 1
- Parent and subsidiary... 154 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 205 8
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,242 17
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 362 16
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 743 15
- Anyone know what this is? 326 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 936 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 567 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 287 9
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 956
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 678
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 626
- Latest phishing scam 604
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 440
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 328
- Scratch Head 267
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 259
- Sabbatical payments 219
- Negligible Value Claim 199