Additional Tax due for 2012/13 but no Notice to file a Tax Return issued by HMRC
Just preparing new clients Limited company accounts to 31 Jan 14.
Dividend declared in accounts to 31 Jan 2013 (first year end of company) was enough to take client into higher rate tax.
Client is registered for self assessment with HMRC but HMRC did not issue a notice to complete a tax return for 2012/13, and therefore client didn't file a tax return for 2012/13 (or 2011/12).
There is going to be some additional tax due for 2012/13 by virtual of the dividend amount.
My question is, when we now file a Tax Return for 2012/13 and correctly declare the tax due on the dividend, will my client be fined for late filing of a 2013 tax return even though no notice has been issued by HMRC ?
Presumably there will also be interest on the tax that was due on 31 Jan 2014 ?
- General tax book with planning 163 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,225 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 291 11
- Gift of property & improvements 123 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 353 5
- VAT Invoice 153 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 809 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 131 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 225 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 199 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 157 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 460 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 381 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 263 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 190 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 259 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 168 4
- SA302's anyone?? 544 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,651 41
- Renting for military reasons 197 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,620
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 512
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 299
- Management expenses for investment company 264
- Bonus Bonds 262
- tax on apprenticeship income 174
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 173
- P11D benefit received by widow 153