Additional Tax due for 2012/13 but no Notice to file a Tax Return issued by HMRC
Just preparing new clients Limited company accounts to 31 Jan 14.
Dividend declared in accounts to 31 Jan 2013 (first year end of company) was enough to take client into higher rate tax.
Client is registered for self assessment with HMRC but HMRC did not issue a notice to complete a tax return for 2012/13, and therefore client didn't file a tax return for 2012/13 (or 2011/12).
There is going to be some additional tax due for 2012/13 by virtual of the dividend amount.
My question is, when we now file a Tax Return for 2012/13 and correctly declare the tax due on the dividend, will my client be fined for late filing of a 2013 tax return even though no notice has been issued by HMRC ?
Presumably there will also be interest on the tax that was due on 31 Jan 2014 ?
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 350 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 120 1
- Accountant Specialization. 267 3
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 285 5
- . 215 2
- Freelance/Employee 658 17
- Recommendations for online payroll software 199 1
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 170 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 172 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 459 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 106 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 597 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 688 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 135 2
- Agent Authorisation Issue 197 2
- Is it just me ... 304 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 302 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 125 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 354 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 226 1
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 747
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 405
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 354
- Electric Car 289
- S222 Charge 237
- IP trans to holding company 188
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 186
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 172
- AIA 167
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 165