Additional Tax due for 2012/13 but no Notice to file a Tax Return issued by HMRC
Just preparing new clients Limited company accounts to 31 Jan 14.
Dividend declared in accounts to 31 Jan 2013 (first year end of company) was enough to take client into higher rate tax.
Client is registered for self assessment with HMRC but HMRC did not issue a notice to complete a tax return for 2012/13, and therefore client didn't file a tax return for 2012/13 (or 2011/12).
There is going to be some additional tax due for 2012/13 by virtual of the dividend amount.
My question is, when we now file a Tax Return for 2012/13 and correctly declare the tax due on the dividend, will my client be fined for late filing of a 2013 tax return even though no notice has been issued by HMRC ?
Presumably there will also be interest on the tax that was due on 31 Jan 2014 ?
- AIA 58 2
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 86 4
- Anyone else still working this week? 34 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,465 44
- Taxation of the sale Record rights 76 1
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 347 18
- Cocaine anyone? 782 13
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 342 7
- Benefit in Kind 397 9
- How much does the company pay 254 5
- Lack of VAT Receipt 222 4
- Am I getting Soft?? 451 11
- Personal pension 492 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 650 22
- FAO BTC tech geek type people 167 2
- Help with CGT please 169 3
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,505 5
- Will I need to resign? 985 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 286 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 228 4
- Hive up 527
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 485
- corporate hierarchy 460
- Advice - 309
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 254
- WWOOFers 249
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 227
- The booking.com con 212
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 205
- Cocaine anyone? 191