Additional Tax due for 2012/13 but no Notice to file a Tax Return issued by HMRC
Just preparing new clients Limited company accounts to 31 Jan 14.
Dividend declared in accounts to 31 Jan 2013 (first year end of company) was enough to take client into higher rate tax.
Client is registered for self assessment with HMRC but HMRC did not issue a notice to complete a tax return for 2012/13, and therefore client didn't file a tax return for 2012/13 (or 2011/12).
There is going to be some additional tax due for 2012/13 by virtual of the dividend amount.
My question is, when we now file a Tax Return for 2012/13 and correctly declare the tax due on the dividend, will my client be fined for late filing of a 2013 tax return even though no notice has been issued by HMRC ?
Presumably there will also be interest on the tax that was due on 31 Jan 2014 ?
- Merging my businesses 190 3
- Spousal transfer and PPR 553 19
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 39 1
- Where has Portia gone? 1,937 66
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 354 8
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 452 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 327 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 324 1
- Holiday entitlement 576 11
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 187 4
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 455 12
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 314 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 133 1
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 141 2
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 924 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 224 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 208 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 424 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 356 9
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,757 73
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 789
- RTI - duplicate employee record 553
- Pensions Regulator 449
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 409
- Sanzar 312
- Portia ... Where art thou 302
- Digital marketing focus group 296
- How do you do it 291
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 269
- Report old income 241