Additional Tax due for 2012/13 but no Notice to file a Tax Return issued by HMRC
Just preparing new clients Limited company accounts to 31 Jan 14.
Dividend declared in accounts to 31 Jan 2013 (first year end of company) was enough to take client into higher rate tax.
Client is registered for self assessment with HMRC but HMRC did not issue a notice to complete a tax return for 2012/13, and therefore client didn't file a tax return for 2012/13 (or 2011/12).
There is going to be some additional tax due for 2012/13 by virtual of the dividend amount.
My question is, when we now file a Tax Return for 2012/13 and correctly declare the tax due on the dividend, will my client be fined for late filing of a 2013 tax return even though no notice has been issued by HMRC ?
Presumably there will also be interest on the tax that was due on 31 Jan 2014 ?
- Dividend Waiver 27 1
- NED remuneration for a Swiss national 103 4
- Excel file Corrupted 235 4
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 68 1
- P46 Starter Checklist 48 1
- PAYE Desktop viewer and/or Moneysoft 38 1
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 434 8
- effective advertising 363 7
- Multiple director loans (Full amount or pro rated) 85 1
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,469 5
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 317 7
- Company asserts 187 3
- Can't find a good web address 266 4
- Bank stream and receipt bank advice... 119 1
- Example accounts 168 1
- Director resignation 364 6
- VAT on unused stock 133 1
- When to recover vat on bad debts 175 4
- Sage Line 50 - create custom remittance advices 200 7
- Timesheet and travel expenses software for engineering consultants 217 5
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 487
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 470
- WIP Software 341
- No payroll scheme in place 297
- Is there anything wrong with this? 262
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 257
- Small Part Disposal of Property 235
- Uncommercial property business 233
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 195
- SA Penalty 192