Additional Tax due for 2012/13 but no Notice to file a Tax Return issued by HMRC
Just preparing new clients Limited company accounts to 31 Jan 14.
Dividend declared in accounts to 31 Jan 2013 (first year end of company) was enough to take client into higher rate tax.
Client is registered for self assessment with HMRC but HMRC did not issue a notice to complete a tax return for 2012/13, and therefore client didn't file a tax return for 2012/13 (or 2011/12).
There is going to be some additional tax due for 2012/13 by virtual of the dividend amount.
My question is, when we now file a Tax Return for 2012/13 and correctly declare the tax due on the dividend, will my client be fined for late filing of a 2013 tax return even though no notice has been issued by HMRC ?
Presumably there will also be interest on the tax that was due on 31 Jan 2014 ?
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 390 12
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 317 1
- Unpaid company directors and self employment 43 1
- Best apps for clients 103 1
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,377 9
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 236 5
- Real names 882 29
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 199 1
- Theatre as charitable company 118 2
- Fixed Assets 157 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 300 2
- CGT on Sale of shop 150 2
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 166 1
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 377 12
- Dividend payment date 2,028 36
- PDF to QIF (or other)? 522 14
- Consolidating the P+L for an overseas subsidiary 103 4
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 242 7
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 362 1
- Capital Gains Tax 235 6
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 572
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 440
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 347
- IFA incorporation 327
- Sorry ignore me 274
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 263
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 252
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 249
- Cancelled 186
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 155