Additional Tax due for 2012/13 but no Notice to file a Tax Return issued by HMRC
Just preparing new clients Limited company accounts to 31 Jan 14.
Dividend declared in accounts to 31 Jan 2013 (first year end of company) was enough to take client into higher rate tax.
Client is registered for self assessment with HMRC but HMRC did not issue a notice to complete a tax return for 2012/13, and therefore client didn't file a tax return for 2012/13 (or 2011/12).
There is going to be some additional tax due for 2012/13 by virtual of the dividend amount.
My question is, when we now file a Tax Return for 2012/13 and correctly declare the tax due on the dividend, will my client be fined for late filing of a 2013 tax return even though no notice has been issued by HMRC ?
Presumably there will also be interest on the tax that was due on 31 Jan 2014 ?
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 279 7
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 190 6
- Non-compete agreement 179 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 196 1
- Any views 736 1
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 92 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 205 6
- IRIS Practice Management 144 2
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 105 2
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 275 8
- Pre- trading Expenses 91 1
- Was I rude 779 19
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 172 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 305 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 255 1
- Top slicing relief question 233 2
- Valuation of PET on death 120 2
- Share swap 293 8
- Online filing 172 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 334 13
- Skandia using wrong address 1,481
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 815
- International interest certificate 446
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 419
- Sale of business 395
- NOVA 288
- IRIS Open Books problem 284
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 201
- Bonus Bonds 173
- Management expenses for investment company 172