Additional Tax due for 2012/13 but no Notice to file a Tax Return issued by HMRC
Just preparing new clients Limited company accounts to 31 Jan 14.
Dividend declared in accounts to 31 Jan 2013 (first year end of company) was enough to take client into higher rate tax.
Client is registered for self assessment with HMRC but HMRC did not issue a notice to complete a tax return for 2012/13, and therefore client didn't file a tax return for 2012/13 (or 2011/12).
There is going to be some additional tax due for 2012/13 by virtual of the dividend amount.
My question is, when we now file a Tax Return for 2012/13 and correctly declare the tax due on the dividend, will my client be fined for late filing of a 2013 tax return even though no notice has been issued by HMRC ?
Presumably there will also be interest on the tax that was due on 31 Jan 2014 ?
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 266 6
- flat rate scheme 2,442 51
- Importing transactions from VT Cashbook to VT Transaction+ 58 1
- Family Partnership 351 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,268 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 92 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 205 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 332 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 117 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 349 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 228 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 209 6
- Business trips - director and family 441 3
- Signed accounts for bank 698 15
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 340 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 245 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 131 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 888 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 241 5
- VAT Query on new build 150 1
- Sainsbury's mangement 1,045
- Calling franchise accountants 893
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 590
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 515
- Scammers 509
- Potential new client 458
- MERGER ACCA MEMBER WITH ICAEW FIRM 458
- HMRC online filing 409
- fraud 279
- Anyone offering Probate Services yet? 201