Additional Tax due for 2012/13 but no Notice to file a Tax Return issued by HMRC
Just preparing new clients Limited company accounts to 31 Jan 14.
Dividend declared in accounts to 31 Jan 2013 (first year end of company) was enough to take client into higher rate tax.
Client is registered for self assessment with HMRC but HMRC did not issue a notice to complete a tax return for 2012/13, and therefore client didn't file a tax return for 2012/13 (or 2011/12).
There is going to be some additional tax due for 2012/13 by virtual of the dividend amount.
My question is, when we now file a Tax Return for 2012/13 and correctly declare the tax due on the dividend, will my client be fined for late filing of a 2013 tax return even though no notice has been issued by HMRC ?
Presumably there will also be interest on the tax that was due on 31 Jan 2014 ?
- Know it alls (who don't) 95 5
- Loan write off by Company 23 1
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 158 3
- Late P45 95 2
- VAT & Landlords 170 3
- Auto enrolment and husband & Wife companies 403 2
- Extraction of Factory from Trading Company and Leaseback 67 1
- Make an adjustment to profits chargeable to class 4 nic 38 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 500 16
- Share swap 355 11
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 36 1
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 236 10
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 319 6
- Residential leeting and repairs 84 2
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 231 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 158 4
- Offsetting CIS tax suffered against CT 240 11
- VAT on motor expenses 938 34
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 524 8
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,762 23
- Skandia using wrong address 1,555
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 856
- International interest certificate 474
- NOVA 331
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 243
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 230
- Management expenses for investment company 221
- Bonus Bonds 214
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 199
- Check my logic on this please? 168