Additional Tax due for 2012/13 but no Notice to file a Tax Return issued by HMRC
Just preparing new clients Limited company accounts to 31 Jan 14.
Dividend declared in accounts to 31 Jan 2013 (first year end of company) was enough to take client into higher rate tax.
Client is registered for self assessment with HMRC but HMRC did not issue a notice to complete a tax return for 2012/13, and therefore client didn't file a tax return for 2012/13 (or 2011/12).
There is going to be some additional tax due for 2012/13 by virtual of the dividend amount.
My question is, when we now file a Tax Return for 2012/13 and correctly declare the tax due on the dividend, will my client be fined for late filing of a 2013 tax return even though no notice has been issued by HMRC ?
Presumably there will also be interest on the tax that was due on 31 Jan 2014 ?
- Auto Enrolment set up 362 3
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 230 2
- Loan to Partnership is s455 tax relevant? 520 18
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 413 9
- UK Tax Treatment of Finance Lease Payments 132 2
- More HMRC on gov.uk 83 1
- Interflora florist 53 1
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 280 6
- Directors loan accounts 414 10
- Income Self employed 537 8
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,179 22
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 253 7
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 344 7
- Payment for Promotional Samples 258 1
- Transactions between Associated Companies 120 2
- Employed clients and expenses 799 14
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,036 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 702 29
- Taxfiler V's BTC 917 34
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 556 18
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 542
- NOVA 489
- Bonus Bonds 376
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 354
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 275
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 239
- Friendly Pensions 170
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 157
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 144
- Finance Lease 141