Adjustment to profit for CT600 | AccountingWEB

Adjustment to profit for CT600

Hi there,

Have tried all over the find the answer to this.


We have a normal trading company providing goods and services to other businesses.  I am preparing accounts and CT600 for the year end.  For the year in question, amounts written off investments (Stock Exchange listed shares falling in value) have caused the company to go into a loss. 


I called HMRC and was advised that losses thus caused are treated normally and you can carry them back a year.  However looking at last year's computation the accountants added back to profit the amounts written off investments in that year.  So.. I'm not sure which is correct.


I have put another call in to HMRC to check the situation but they are saying it will be three days to call back :((


If anyone is able to advise it would be very much appreciated!


There are 3 comments. Login or register to view them.

I think ...


investment revaluation

Novakova |
Novakova's picture

Thanks BKD and Novakova

dinamic |