Adjustment to profit for CT600
Have tried all over the find the answer to this.
We have a normal trading company providing goods and services to other businesses. I am preparing accounts and CT600 for the year end. For the year in question, amounts written off investments (Stock Exchange listed shares falling in value) have caused the company to go into a loss.
I called HMRC and was advised that losses thus caused are treated normally and you can carry them back a year. However looking at last year's computation the accountants added back to profit the amounts written off investments in that year. So.. I'm not sure which is correct.
I have put another call in to HMRC to check the situation but they are saying it will be three days to call back :((
If anyone is able to advise it would be very much appreciated!
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 70 2
- flat rate scheme 2,315 47
- Signed accounts for bank 629 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 820 12
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 117 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 285 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 147 5
- VAT Query on new build 85 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 131 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 139 4
- Family Partnership 228 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 77 1
- P11D Car Value 251 6
- NOVA declaration 103 1
- Business valuation advice 703 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,499 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,222 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 288 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,103 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 175 1