Adjustment to profit for CT600
Have tried all over the find the answer to this.
We have a normal trading company providing goods and services to other businesses. I am preparing accounts and CT600 for the year end. For the year in question, amounts written off investments (Stock Exchange listed shares falling in value) have caused the company to go into a loss.
I called HMRC and was advised that losses thus caused are treated normally and you can carry them back a year. However looking at last year's computation the accountants added back to profit the amounts written off investments in that year. So.. I'm not sure which is correct.
I have put another call in to HMRC to check the situation but they are saying it will be three days to call back :((
If anyone is able to advise it would be very much appreciated!
- Xerocon 2016 1,017 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,189 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 227 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 239 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 592 12
- Personal Tax 493 11
- USA Tax Query 167 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,660 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 288 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 600 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 350 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 411 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 175 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 334 4
- last minute request 515 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46