Advice please on career
Im currently working in practice, I have been for about 5 years. I attained my AAT about 18 months ago and decided to do the ACA fast track.
Im sponsoring myself as in i take the pay hit for college fees/books/exams out of my wages and i also have to take my time unpaid.
My employers, as much as i appreciate them letting me have time off etc do not help or give guidance and im really struggling and losing the will. Noone in the company is allowed responsibilty for jobs, everything has to go through the partners, we arent allowed client contact or decision making responsibilities as they are 'control freaks'. My course work hasnt been signed off for 6 months now despite me asking.
Ive failed Audit & Assurance twice now first by 5 marks, now by 1 mark. Ive never had any audit experience and never will. I also dont want to work for a big firm.
Im 31 now and in the not so distant future I hope to have children and obviously wont be able to devote all my life to work as I do now.
Im beginning to wonder if its really worth doing myy ACA, i still have 5 papers to sit to be Part Qual and the thought of going back to college fills me with dread and the expense is starting to make me ill with stress/worry as I have a mortgage etc.
What I would really like to do is my ATT. However, would I need to work in practice to get my 2 years of experience or could I work in another accountancy role, say doing the accounts for a small limited company, or working as a MIP using my AAT?
I dont know what to do, as I know im lucky getting the oppourtunity to study ACA, but is it really worth it and is AAT/ATT enough to run my own business?
I hope someone can give me some advice as im really confused.
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 49 1
- Purchase of ltd company 105 4
- Transfer of shares 428 16
- Where to advertise for staff 52 2
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 132 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 687 29
- HMRC Tax debt 83 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 311 8
- Business Bank account 119 4
- Rights of Alphabet shares 183 5
- Telephone call from "Xero" 160 3
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 151 3
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 357 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 196 4
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 118 2
- P9D or P11D 889 8
- P35 and Service Company questions 233 6
- Repairs or Improvement? 114 2
- Share Capital 164 3
- Administrative restoration 166 4
- Xtuple 557
- Qtac payroll for bureau 378
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 325
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 309
- CIS schemes 230
- Domain name sale and limited company 207
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 194
- Investment 189
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 185