Advice please on career
Im currently working in practice, I have been for about 5 years. I attained my AAT about 18 months ago and decided to do the ACA fast track.
Im sponsoring myself as in i take the pay hit for college fees/books/exams out of my wages and i also have to take my time unpaid.
My employers, as much as i appreciate them letting me have time off etc do not help or give guidance and im really struggling and losing the will. Noone in the company is allowed responsibilty for jobs, everything has to go through the partners, we arent allowed client contact or decision making responsibilities as they are 'control freaks'. My course work hasnt been signed off for 6 months now despite me asking.
Ive failed Audit & Assurance twice now first by 5 marks, now by 1 mark. Ive never had any audit experience and never will. I also dont want to work for a big firm.
Im 31 now and in the not so distant future I hope to have children and obviously wont be able to devote all my life to work as I do now.
Im beginning to wonder if its really worth doing myy ACA, i still have 5 papers to sit to be Part Qual and the thought of going back to college fills me with dread and the expense is starting to make me ill with stress/worry as I have a mortgage etc.
What I would really like to do is my ATT. However, would I need to work in practice to get my 2 years of experience or could I work in another accountancy role, say doing the accounts for a small limited company, or working as a MIP using my AAT?
I dont know what to do, as I know im lucky getting the oppourtunity to study ACA, but is it really worth it and is AAT/ATT enough to run my own business?
I hope someone can give me some advice as im really confused.
- Coding Notice 57 1
- Free invoicing software 80 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 290 17
- New business - journal entries 200 15
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 531 15
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 239 7
- Why should I retain membership? 2,543 43
- Looking for BIK v mileage comparison software 152 2
- Capitalised professional fees - with no corresponding asset 399 4
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 657 17
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 331 4
- Trade name 73 1
- Resident Landlord Expenses 181 6
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 114 3
- Employee shareholder contracts 104 1
- Lettings expenses 111 2
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 359 12
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 338 11
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 305 9
- PAYE 462 12
- Auto enrolment excuses 736
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 700
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 375
- Social investment tax relief 195
- Digita Hosted Software 188
- Call Centre Data Costs 186
- option to tax 168
- VAT on deposits 161
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 150
- Travel costs and contractors 138