Advice please on career
Im currently working in practice, I have been for about 5 years. I attained my AAT about 18 months ago and decided to do the ACA fast track.
Im sponsoring myself as in i take the pay hit for college fees/books/exams out of my wages and i also have to take my time unpaid.
My employers, as much as i appreciate them letting me have time off etc do not help or give guidance and im really struggling and losing the will. Noone in the company is allowed responsibilty for jobs, everything has to go through the partners, we arent allowed client contact or decision making responsibilities as they are 'control freaks'. My course work hasnt been signed off for 6 months now despite me asking.
Ive failed Audit & Assurance twice now first by 5 marks, now by 1 mark. Ive never had any audit experience and never will. I also dont want to work for a big firm.
Im 31 now and in the not so distant future I hope to have children and obviously wont be able to devote all my life to work as I do now.
Im beginning to wonder if its really worth doing myy ACA, i still have 5 papers to sit to be Part Qual and the thought of going back to college fills me with dread and the expense is starting to make me ill with stress/worry as I have a mortgage etc.
What I would really like to do is my ATT. However, would I need to work in practice to get my 2 years of experience or could I work in another accountancy role, say doing the accounts for a small limited company, or working as a MIP using my AAT?
I dont know what to do, as I know im lucky getting the oppourtunity to study ACA, but is it really worth it and is AAT/ATT enough to run my own business?
I hope someone can give me some advice as im really confused.
- AIA 106 4
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,030 47
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 231 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 241 9
- client can't/won't pay 347 12
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 272 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,173 18
- Help - Capital Allowance 105 5
- 5% penalty on late payment 221 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 176 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 527 26
- HMRC SA software error? 132 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 166 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 260 14
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 184 6
- Treatment of income for sole trader 147 2
- wave software 122 1
- Freelance software consultant 331 5
- Window Comb Binder Cover 123 2
- losses carried forward 379 10
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 783
- Copy Wanted 498
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 454
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 452
- Latest phishing scam 284
- Entrepreneurs' relief 270
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 266
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 248
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 235
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 231