Advice please on career
Im currently working in practice, I have been for about 5 years. I attained my AAT about 18 months ago and decided to do the ACA fast track.
Im sponsoring myself as in i take the pay hit for college fees/books/exams out of my wages and i also have to take my time unpaid.
My employers, as much as i appreciate them letting me have time off etc do not help or give guidance and im really struggling and losing the will. Noone in the company is allowed responsibilty for jobs, everything has to go through the partners, we arent allowed client contact or decision making responsibilities as they are 'control freaks'. My course work hasnt been signed off for 6 months now despite me asking.
Ive failed Audit & Assurance twice now first by 5 marks, now by 1 mark. Ive never had any audit experience and never will. I also dont want to work for a big firm.
Im 31 now and in the not so distant future I hope to have children and obviously wont be able to devote all my life to work as I do now.
Im beginning to wonder if its really worth doing myy ACA, i still have 5 papers to sit to be Part Qual and the thought of going back to college fills me with dread and the expense is starting to make me ill with stress/worry as I have a mortgage etc.
What I would really like to do is my ATT. However, would I need to work in practice to get my 2 years of experience or could I work in another accountancy role, say doing the accounts for a small limited company, or working as a MIP using my AAT?
I dont know what to do, as I know im lucky getting the oppourtunity to study ACA, but is it really worth it and is AAT/ATT enough to run my own business?
I hope someone can give me some advice as im really confused.
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 241 10
- Dress code 160 6
- Help Required 332 9
- directors control and tax problems 167 5
- Fastest Software 760 13
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 928 28
- What's in a name ? 297 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 230 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 423 15
- Bulk Invoicing 167 6
- What would you do in this situation? 540 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 148 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 242 2
- ATED Penalties 272 1
- late second payment on account 172 2
- US royalties 96 2
- Project being run jointly 137 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 182 2
- Sole trader mix up 305 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 753 6
- CTA study material 703
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 425
- Employment related securities question 268
- AIM Stocks and IHT 246
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 200
- Trust for Employee 187
- Expat pension contributions? 186
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 174
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 158
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 139