Advice please on career
Im currently working in practice, I have been for about 5 years. I attained my AAT about 18 months ago and decided to do the ACA fast track.
Im sponsoring myself as in i take the pay hit for college fees/books/exams out of my wages and i also have to take my time unpaid.
My employers, as much as i appreciate them letting me have time off etc do not help or give guidance and im really struggling and losing the will. Noone in the company is allowed responsibilty for jobs, everything has to go through the partners, we arent allowed client contact or decision making responsibilities as they are 'control freaks'. My course work hasnt been signed off for 6 months now despite me asking.
Ive failed Audit & Assurance twice now first by 5 marks, now by 1 mark. Ive never had any audit experience and never will. I also dont want to work for a big firm.
Im 31 now and in the not so distant future I hope to have children and obviously wont be able to devote all my life to work as I do now.
Im beginning to wonder if its really worth doing myy ACA, i still have 5 papers to sit to be Part Qual and the thought of going back to college fills me with dread and the expense is starting to make me ill with stress/worry as I have a mortgage etc.
What I would really like to do is my ATT. However, would I need to work in practice to get my 2 years of experience or could I work in another accountancy role, say doing the accounts for a small limited company, or working as a MIP using my AAT?
I dont know what to do, as I know im lucky getting the oppourtunity to study ACA, but is it really worth it and is AAT/ATT enough to run my own business?
I hope someone can give me some advice as im really confused.
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 86 2
- How much does the company pay 676 30
- Anyone else still working this week? 358 10
- AIA 275 18
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 166 5
- Childcare vouchers 322 6
- Using home as clients registered address 77 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 43 1
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 224 2
- I have done a terrible thing 751 15
- HMRC property income enquiry 340 8
- Not paying accountant 1,853 46
- Cash basis VAT return 96 1
- VAT on Business Premises 94 2
- Consolidation Software 143 2
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 484 11
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,028 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,201 32
- LLp Profits 142 5
- two business from one premises 146 2
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 504
- corporate hierarchy 465
- Advice - 319
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 267
- WWOOFers 259
- The booking.com con 243
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 234
- Cocaine anyone? 221
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 215
- UK State pension paid in NZ 176