Advice please on career
Im currently working in practice, I have been for about 5 years. I attained my AAT about 18 months ago and decided to do the ACA fast track.
Im sponsoring myself as in i take the pay hit for college fees/books/exams out of my wages and i also have to take my time unpaid.
My employers, as much as i appreciate them letting me have time off etc do not help or give guidance and im really struggling and losing the will. Noone in the company is allowed responsibilty for jobs, everything has to go through the partners, we arent allowed client contact or decision making responsibilities as they are 'control freaks'. My course work hasnt been signed off for 6 months now despite me asking.
Ive failed Audit & Assurance twice now first by 5 marks, now by 1 mark. Ive never had any audit experience and never will. I also dont want to work for a big firm.
Im 31 now and in the not so distant future I hope to have children and obviously wont be able to devote all my life to work as I do now.
Im beginning to wonder if its really worth doing myy ACA, i still have 5 papers to sit to be Part Qual and the thought of going back to college fills me with dread and the expense is starting to make me ill with stress/worry as I have a mortgage etc.
What I would really like to do is my ATT. However, would I need to work in practice to get my 2 years of experience or could I work in another accountancy role, say doing the accounts for a small limited company, or working as a MIP using my AAT?
I dont know what to do, as I know im lucky getting the oppourtunity to study ACA, but is it really worth it and is AAT/ATT enough to run my own business?
I hope someone can give me some advice as im really confused.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 641 5
- See you all on the other side 690 6
- 12Pay 458 2
- dividends 607 2
- R&D 317 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,181 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 440 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 414 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 372 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 545 5
- Seeking a tax case 641 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 505 4
- Companies house strike off 547 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 429 2
- Moving to the cloud 745 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 216 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 903 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 210 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,090 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 500 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 562
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 373
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 327
- USA help 317
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 297
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 293
- Marginal rates of tax 291
- Class 2 NI 276