Advice please on career
Im currently working in practice, I have been for about 5 years. I attained my AAT about 18 months ago and decided to do the ACA fast track.
Im sponsoring myself as in i take the pay hit for college fees/books/exams out of my wages and i also have to take my time unpaid.
My employers, as much as i appreciate them letting me have time off etc do not help or give guidance and im really struggling and losing the will. Noone in the company is allowed responsibilty for jobs, everything has to go through the partners, we arent allowed client contact or decision making responsibilities as they are 'control freaks'. My course work hasnt been signed off for 6 months now despite me asking.
Ive failed Audit & Assurance twice now first by 5 marks, now by 1 mark. Ive never had any audit experience and never will. I also dont want to work for a big firm.
Im 31 now and in the not so distant future I hope to have children and obviously wont be able to devote all my life to work as I do now.
Im beginning to wonder if its really worth doing myy ACA, i still have 5 papers to sit to be Part Qual and the thought of going back to college fills me with dread and the expense is starting to make me ill with stress/worry as I have a mortgage etc.
What I would really like to do is my ATT. However, would I need to work in practice to get my 2 years of experience or could I work in another accountancy role, say doing the accounts for a small limited company, or working as a MIP using my AAT?
I dont know what to do, as I know im lucky getting the oppourtunity to study ACA, but is it really worth it and is AAT/ATT enough to run my own business?
I hope someone can give me some advice as im really confused.
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 117 3
- error on companies house accounts 156 5
- ACCA Accountants Report 122 1
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 196 5
- Newly Started Practice 231 6
- Commission on holiday accrual 78 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 163 2
- HMRC computer behind the times 206 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 123 2
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 352 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 246 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 175 2
- Generic Notification Notices 134 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 454 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 120 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 440 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 99 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 249 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 151 1
- fraud 420 1
- QROP pension input amounts 477
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 442
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 421
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 269
- EPS and CIS deductions 262
- Construction CIS LLP Company 248
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 215
- SAGE winforecast 181
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 173
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 166