Advice please on career
Im currently working in practice, I have been for about 5 years. I attained my AAT about 18 months ago and decided to do the ACA fast track.
Im sponsoring myself as in i take the pay hit for college fees/books/exams out of my wages and i also have to take my time unpaid.
My employers, as much as i appreciate them letting me have time off etc do not help or give guidance and im really struggling and losing the will. Noone in the company is allowed responsibilty for jobs, everything has to go through the partners, we arent allowed client contact or decision making responsibilities as they are 'control freaks'. My course work hasnt been signed off for 6 months now despite me asking.
Ive failed Audit & Assurance twice now first by 5 marks, now by 1 mark. Ive never had any audit experience and never will. I also dont want to work for a big firm.
Im 31 now and in the not so distant future I hope to have children and obviously wont be able to devote all my life to work as I do now.
Im beginning to wonder if its really worth doing myy ACA, i still have 5 papers to sit to be Part Qual and the thought of going back to college fills me with dread and the expense is starting to make me ill with stress/worry as I have a mortgage etc.
What I would really like to do is my ATT. However, would I need to work in practice to get my 2 years of experience or could I work in another accountancy role, say doing the accounts for a small limited company, or working as a MIP using my AAT?
I dont know what to do, as I know im lucky getting the oppourtunity to study ACA, but is it really worth it and is AAT/ATT enough to run my own business?
I hope someone can give me some advice as im really confused.
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 150 3
- Relocation expense claim 115 1
- Formating cells in Excel 88 1
- What expenses to claim for painter/decorator working from home base 62 1
- ICAS GPPM 81 1
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 134 2
- Payroll 262 7
- Buying fees 698 5
- IHT Query 444 11
- Audit and paypal balances 181 7
- Missing C79 163 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 491 16
- VAT margin scheme 276 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 319 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,748 17
- Get it off your chest 265 4
- Directors bonus 173 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 120 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 286 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 293 5
- Possible Partnership? 561
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 555
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 482
- New Fangled Penalties 360
- Clubs and Taxable Income 296
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 280
- Loans to other companies 223
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 215
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 184
- Outsource Data Entry 182