Advice please on career
Im currently working in practice, I have been for about 5 years. I attained my AAT about 18 months ago and decided to do the ACA fast track.
Im sponsoring myself as in i take the pay hit for college fees/books/exams out of my wages and i also have to take my time unpaid.
My employers, as much as i appreciate them letting me have time off etc do not help or give guidance and im really struggling and losing the will. Noone in the company is allowed responsibilty for jobs, everything has to go through the partners, we arent allowed client contact or decision making responsibilities as they are 'control freaks'. My course work hasnt been signed off for 6 months now despite me asking.
Ive failed Audit & Assurance twice now first by 5 marks, now by 1 mark. Ive never had any audit experience and never will. I also dont want to work for a big firm.
Im 31 now and in the not so distant future I hope to have children and obviously wont be able to devote all my life to work as I do now.
Im beginning to wonder if its really worth doing myy ACA, i still have 5 papers to sit to be Part Qual and the thought of going back to college fills me with dread and the expense is starting to make me ill with stress/worry as I have a mortgage etc.
What I would really like to do is my ATT. However, would I need to work in practice to get my 2 years of experience or could I work in another accountancy role, say doing the accounts for a small limited company, or working as a MIP using my AAT?
I dont know what to do, as I know im lucky getting the oppourtunity to study ACA, but is it really worth it and is AAT/ATT enough to run my own business?
I hope someone can give me some advice as im really confused.
- Overlap profit 243 5
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 565 12
- What do your junior staff do? 430 4
- Keeping disastrous accounts 312 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 486 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 100 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,874 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 253 3
- Payments on account 93 1
- On the high seas 84 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 128 2
- RTI Payroll ID 975 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 848 34
- Payroll question 124 2
- Where has Portia gone? 4,840 106
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 257 5
- Warning - "Central Register of Companies" con 208 3
- Goodwill On Incorporation 153 1
- CT600 for first year UK company trading abroad 186 13
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 343 5
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 840
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 439
- Sanzar 336
- How do you do it 330
- Digital marketing focus group 309
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 285
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 202
- Fit for purpose 196
- new investor structure 194
- VAT Registration 175