Advice please on career
Im currently working in practice, I have been for about 5 years. I attained my AAT about 18 months ago and decided to do the ACA fast track.
Im sponsoring myself as in i take the pay hit for college fees/books/exams out of my wages and i also have to take my time unpaid.
My employers, as much as i appreciate them letting me have time off etc do not help or give guidance and im really struggling and losing the will. Noone in the company is allowed responsibilty for jobs, everything has to go through the partners, we arent allowed client contact or decision making responsibilities as they are 'control freaks'. My course work hasnt been signed off for 6 months now despite me asking.
Ive failed Audit & Assurance twice now first by 5 marks, now by 1 mark. Ive never had any audit experience and never will. I also dont want to work for a big firm.
Im 31 now and in the not so distant future I hope to have children and obviously wont be able to devote all my life to work as I do now.
Im beginning to wonder if its really worth doing myy ACA, i still have 5 papers to sit to be Part Qual and the thought of going back to college fills me with dread and the expense is starting to make me ill with stress/worry as I have a mortgage etc.
What I would really like to do is my ATT. However, would I need to work in practice to get my 2 years of experience or could I work in another accountancy role, say doing the accounts for a small limited company, or working as a MIP using my AAT?
I dont know what to do, as I know im lucky getting the oppourtunity to study ACA, but is it really worth it and is AAT/ATT enough to run my own business?
I hope someone can give me some advice as im really confused.
- Very large share capital by mistake 388 6
- 24 month rule and expenses 157 1
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 373 3
- Love is in the air 457 6
- Setting up a practice 218 3
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 638 17
- Stamp Duty 284 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 227 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,773 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 490 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 185 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 254 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,014 46
- Client Paperwork Retention? 555 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 566 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 342 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 385 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 438 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 467 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 289 2
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 282
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 274
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 237
- Apprenticeship Levy 232
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 219
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 194