Advice please on career
Im currently working in practice, I have been for about 5 years. I attained my AAT about 18 months ago and decided to do the ACA fast track.
Im sponsoring myself as in i take the pay hit for college fees/books/exams out of my wages and i also have to take my time unpaid.
My employers, as much as i appreciate them letting me have time off etc do not help or give guidance and im really struggling and losing the will. Noone in the company is allowed responsibilty for jobs, everything has to go through the partners, we arent allowed client contact or decision making responsibilities as they are 'control freaks'. My course work hasnt been signed off for 6 months now despite me asking.
Ive failed Audit & Assurance twice now first by 5 marks, now by 1 mark. Ive never had any audit experience and never will. I also dont want to work for a big firm.
Im 31 now and in the not so distant future I hope to have children and obviously wont be able to devote all my life to work as I do now.
Im beginning to wonder if its really worth doing myy ACA, i still have 5 papers to sit to be Part Qual and the thought of going back to college fills me with dread and the expense is starting to make me ill with stress/worry as I have a mortgage etc.
What I would really like to do is my ATT. However, would I need to work in practice to get my 2 years of experience or could I work in another accountancy role, say doing the accounts for a small limited company, or working as a MIP using my AAT?
I dont know what to do, as I know im lucky getting the oppourtunity to study ACA, but is it really worth it and is AAT/ATT enough to run my own business?
I hope someone can give me some advice as im really confused.
- Direct debit entry query 86 3
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 685 10
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,065 18
- Client needs a UK tax residency certificate for Spanish tax authorities 18 1
- IT advisory questions? 360 10
- Homing sandwiches 735 16
- Acounting Courses 77 1
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 90 2
- Can you help me spot errors? 96 1
- signature required 789 30
- Employment Support Allowance 284 6
- Stock Control System for Ecommerce Website 258 2
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 77 1
- When to leave the VAT FRS 129 6
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 211 2
- Use of home query 382 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 293 7
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 537 11
- CIS software 195 5
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 157 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,284
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 843
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 535
- Digita Hosted Software 349
- Credit where credit's due....... 326
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 250
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 212
- TheTax Donut 208
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 176
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 154