Advice re: UK registered Ltd Co working in Russia?
I was wondering if you could help me:
We act for a UK registered company who is going to be doing construction work in Russia, and I have a few questions:
1 - Will they need to register for VAT in the UK, and if so, will anything be claimable, such as any materials, machinery, services, etc? Are we looking at partial exemption rules?
2 - Will they need to register for VAT in Russia? What would be the general implications of this?
3 - They are going to be engaging UK labour (not sure if subcontractor or employed as yet) to work in Russia - will PAYE/NIC be payable on this income, if it is employed staff? Does the CIS scheme still work as normal in Russia?
4 - They will also be employing Russian staff - how does this work for PAYE, etc?
I am basically doing the research for my supervisor, so will be grateful for any assistance you can give me?
- Wrong career 69 4
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 169 5
- Newsletter 231 5
- RTI Filing 1,751 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 73 1
- Fee's for P11D's 295 5
- Agent with HMRC 236 10
- Quarterly PAYE 216 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 43 1
- reporting salary? 167 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 316 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 271 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 95 3
- Value pricing 581 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 387 1
- Childcare Vouchers 173 3
- Audit Report Query 186 5
- Coming in from the cold 221 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,313 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 98 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 768
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 523
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 390
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 275
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 216
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 216
- Director Loan account operation 205
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 203
- Free Tax Legislation? 169
- vat return 166