Advice re: UK registered Ltd Co working in Russia?
I was wondering if you could help me:
We act for a UK registered company who is going to be doing construction work in Russia, and I have a few questions:
1 - Will they need to register for VAT in the UK, and if so, will anything be claimable, such as any materials, machinery, services, etc? Are we looking at partial exemption rules?
2 - Will they need to register for VAT in Russia? What would be the general implications of this?
3 - They are going to be engaging UK labour (not sure if subcontractor or employed as yet) to work in Russia - will PAYE/NIC be payable on this income, if it is employed staff? Does the CIS scheme still work as normal in Russia?
4 - They will also be employing Russian staff - how does this work for PAYE, etc?
I am basically doing the research for my supervisor, so will be grateful for any assistance you can give me?
- VAT flat rate scheme 151 2
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 229 4
- Client information from previous accountant 29 1
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 231 7
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 59 2
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 55 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 351 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 218 2
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 113 5
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,649 31
- PAYE NI 92 2
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 95 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 820 14
- How much to charge? 693 10
- break even point 1,001 30
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 170 5
- Accomodation and travel 204 1
- Unpaid Fee's 345 6
- Issue with a software supplier 229 4
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 302 5
- Possible Partnership? 511
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 491
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 465
- New Fangled Penalties 306
- Clubs and Taxable Income 257
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 257
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 249
- Loans to other companies 191
- Tasbook email configuration 183
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 167