Advice re: UK registered Ltd Co working in Russia?
I was wondering if you could help me:
We act for a UK registered company who is going to be doing construction work in Russia, and I have a few questions:
1 - Will they need to register for VAT in the UK, and if so, will anything be claimable, such as any materials, machinery, services, etc? Are we looking at partial exemption rules?
2 - Will they need to register for VAT in Russia? What would be the general implications of this?
3 - They are going to be engaging UK labour (not sure if subcontractor or employed as yet) to work in Russia - will PAYE/NIC be payable on this income, if it is employed staff? Does the CIS scheme still work as normal in Russia?
4 - They will also be employing Russian staff - how does this work for PAYE, etc?
I am basically doing the research for my supervisor, so will be grateful for any assistance you can give me?
- OneNote is fantastic 174 5
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,297 35
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 653 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,110 21
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 60 1
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 319 5
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 226 2
- PPR on a development? 225 4
- PAYE – Directors NI 338 7
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 895 19
- Private Residence Relief 1,789 15
- Cloud accounting package 189 1
- Incorporation after the start of trading 1,023 39
- Setting up offshore to avoid paying VAT 513 15
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 310 6
- Offshore company (Guernsey / Isle of Man) 201 3
- Next Move 407 12
- Ltd Co and 'grant' income 416 7
- when to file SA return if closed SA in the middle of the year 234 4
- Large PAYE tax refund to Employee 349 3
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 637
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 395
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 395
- Property letting & CAs 382
- 2015 tax year end 375
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 373
- FCA regulated company in a small group 336
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 240
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 229
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 223