Advice re: UK registered Ltd Co working in Russia?
I was wondering if you could help me:
We act for a UK registered company who is going to be doing construction work in Russia, and I have a few questions:
1 - Will they need to register for VAT in the UK, and if so, will anything be claimable, such as any materials, machinery, services, etc? Are we looking at partial exemption rules?
2 - Will they need to register for VAT in Russia? What would be the general implications of this?
3 - They are going to be engaging UK labour (not sure if subcontractor or employed as yet) to work in Russia - will PAYE/NIC be payable on this income, if it is employed staff? Does the CIS scheme still work as normal in Russia?
4 - They will also be employing Russian staff - how does this work for PAYE, etc?
I am basically doing the research for my supervisor, so will be grateful for any assistance you can give me?
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 219 1
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 112 2
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 171 4
- CIS gross status review 72 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 114 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 333 6
- Flat rate vat error 230 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 109 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 131 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 61 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 126 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 348 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 598 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 258 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 599 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 195 4
- Charge out rates in London? 199 2
- Accounting jobs in the UK 109 1
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 171 3
- pre letting expenses 153 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 745
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 478
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 294
- How to format a stock book 256
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 208
- Tax efficient holding company structure 197
- Investment property company accounts template 186
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 182
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 166
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 150