Advice re: UK registered Ltd Co working in Russia?
I was wondering if you could help me:
We act for a UK registered company who is going to be doing construction work in Russia, and I have a few questions:
1 - Will they need to register for VAT in the UK, and if so, will anything be claimable, such as any materials, machinery, services, etc? Are we looking at partial exemption rules?
2 - Will they need to register for VAT in Russia? What would be the general implications of this?
3 - They are going to be engaging UK labour (not sure if subcontractor or employed as yet) to work in Russia - will PAYE/NIC be payable on this income, if it is employed staff? Does the CIS scheme still work as normal in Russia?
4 - They will also be employing Russian staff - how does this work for PAYE, etc?
I am basically doing the research for my supervisor, so will be grateful for any assistance you can give me?
- 100% Xero practice 2,520 47
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 340 7
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 268 9
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 565 10
- Will this AIA be disallowed when asset transferred to Ltd Co 324 12
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 364 4
- What is the best, tax efficient way to sell 40% shares in your start-up business for approx £1m 354 4
- Direct Debit - no receipts 296 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,970 449
- What is the role of an accountant? 1,782 23
- VAT and gap in trading of uncertain length 133 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,736 10
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,343 63
- Freehold or Investment Property 123 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 864 8
- capital gains on PPR 290 14
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 386 14
- Company expansion 142 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 405 6
- Pension Contributions Relief 521 15
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,322
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 485
- National Insurance 376
- Non Resident 299
- Franchise income and costs 266
- Hands on experience of Digita 219
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 193
- Employer's Helpline 169
- employment capital allowances 166
- CIS paid under reg 9 161