Advice re: UK registered Ltd Co working in Russia?
I was wondering if you could help me:
We act for a UK registered company who is going to be doing construction work in Russia, and I have a few questions:
1 - Will they need to register for VAT in the UK, and if so, will anything be claimable, such as any materials, machinery, services, etc? Are we looking at partial exemption rules?
2 - Will they need to register for VAT in Russia? What would be the general implications of this?
3 - They are going to be engaging UK labour (not sure if subcontractor or employed as yet) to work in Russia - will PAYE/NIC be payable on this income, if it is employed staff? Does the CIS scheme still work as normal in Russia?
4 - They will also be employing Russian staff - how does this work for PAYE, etc?
I am basically doing the research for my supervisor, so will be grateful for any assistance you can give me?
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 105 1
- Providing registered office address to clients 78 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 757 31
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 387 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,437 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 180 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 462 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 134 3
- What would you do in this situation? 200 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 151 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 622 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 653 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 108 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 351 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 253 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 225 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 422 6
- NOVA 559 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 286 10
- Regional Development Grant 137 4
- Bonus Bonds 396
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 386
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 299
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 262
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 193
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 191
- Company Car Lease 165
- Finance Lease 159
- Form 42 153
- Demerger Reserve 134