Advice re: UK registered Ltd Co working in Russia?
I was wondering if you could help me:
We act for a UK registered company who is going to be doing construction work in Russia, and I have a few questions:
1 - Will they need to register for VAT in the UK, and if so, will anything be claimable, such as any materials, machinery, services, etc? Are we looking at partial exemption rules?
2 - Will they need to register for VAT in Russia? What would be the general implications of this?
3 - They are going to be engaging UK labour (not sure if subcontractor or employed as yet) to work in Russia - will PAYE/NIC be payable on this income, if it is employed staff? Does the CIS scheme still work as normal in Russia?
4 - They will also be employing Russian staff - how does this work for PAYE, etc?
I am basically doing the research for my supervisor, so will be grateful for any assistance you can give me?
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 711 12
- Can you help me spot errors? 120 2
- Direct debit entry query 105 3
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,087 18
- Client needs a UK tax residency certificate for Spanish tax authorities 29 1
- IT advisory questions? 369 10
- Homing sandwiches 742 16
- Acounting Courses 84 1
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 94 2
- signature required 794 30
- Any constructive answers? 302 6
- Stock Control System for Ecommerce Website 260 2
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 80 1
- When to leave the VAT FRS 133 6
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 212 2
- Use of home query 386 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 300 7
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 538 11
- CIS software 195 5
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 157 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,286
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 843
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 535
- Digita Hosted Software 349
- Credit where credit's due....... 326
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 250
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 212
- TheTax Donut 208
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 176
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 155