Advice re: UK registered Ltd Co working in Russia?
I was wondering if you could help me:
We act for a UK registered company who is going to be doing construction work in Russia, and I have a few questions:
1 - Will they need to register for VAT in the UK, and if so, will anything be claimable, such as any materials, machinery, services, etc? Are we looking at partial exemption rules?
2 - Will they need to register for VAT in Russia? What would be the general implications of this?
3 - They are going to be engaging UK labour (not sure if subcontractor or employed as yet) to work in Russia - will PAYE/NIC be payable on this income, if it is employed staff? Does the CIS scheme still work as normal in Russia?
4 - They will also be employing Russian staff - how does this work for PAYE, etc?
I am basically doing the research for my supervisor, so will be grateful for any assistance you can give me?
- Freelance/Employee 138 6
- Cut-off accounting question 34 1
- VAT - How hard is it? 815 30
- The importance of Grammar 1,445 47
- What would you do? 443 3
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 326 7
- tax saving on card points 288 8
- "cycle to work" and self-employment benefit? 334 8
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 252 2
- Moneysoft - technical query 552 17
- Profit split from an investment property 237 7
- VAT & Offshore Companies 259 7
- VAT and customer entertaining 262 4
- Hold on a minute (pun intended) 1,333 11
- Xero Pain Points 578 18
- supply teachers working through Ltd co 205 2
- Best way to draw a salary? 732 12
- PI cover 260 4
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 981 15
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,496 39
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 377
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 335
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 314
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 301
- Electric Car 254
- S222 Charge 220
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 216
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 202
- Company Structure 197
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 189