Advise regarding concierge Business?
Hello all. Just stuck on a tricky situation and donot know how to proceed.
A cleint is looking to set up a concierge service, run via a Ltd.
The company arranges, butlers, housekeepers, buys good for them, food, chauffeur service etc for clients and bills them at the end of the month.
The problem that has arisen is that one of the clients want to prepay £60,000 and then wants them to deduct the invoices from that.
1. Is this allowed? How can this be worked around in the business, if they took this payment?
2 Is there any potential future VAT issues, if you have taken £60k prepayment and approaching the registration Threshold.
3. What would the be the correct way of handling this type of issue.
Thanks in advance for your help.
- Paid too much !! 55 1
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 45 1
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 403 16
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 28 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 27 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 463 15
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 134 5
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 729 11
- Sports Sponsorship 76 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 212 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 203 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 151 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,281 14
- Best software for small practice? 575 19
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,247 21
- HMRC Enquiry 458 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 185 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 284 4
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,448 16
- Long/Short Period of Account 184 3
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 763
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 452
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 222
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 195
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 190
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181