Advise regarding concierge Business?
Hello all. Just stuck on a tricky situation and donot know how to proceed.
A cleint is looking to set up a concierge service, run via a Ltd.
The company arranges, butlers, housekeepers, buys good for them, food, chauffeur service etc for clients and bills them at the end of the month.
The problem that has arisen is that one of the clients want to prepay £60,000 and then wants them to deduct the invoices from that.
1. Is this allowed? How can this be worked around in the business, if they took this payment?
2 Is there any potential future VAT issues, if you have taken £60k prepayment and approaching the registration Threshold.
3. What would the be the correct way of handling this type of issue.
Thanks in advance for your help.
- Goodwill ammortisation 209 2
- Overpayment relief claim 84 4
- How to prepare and Finalize Vat company accounts 202 9
- Related Parties Note 361 7
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,504 63
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 495 28
- Charity reserves 103 2
- SAGE con 124 1
- Aggressive HMRC 1,444 16
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 476 8
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 115 1
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,233 19
- do I have to pay NI? 252 4
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 94 3
- rates of pay query 139 1
- Flat rate vat error 406 8
- Can you recognize revenue on asset sold and bought back at a later stage? 94 2
- How to format a stock book 393 2
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 266 8
- Investment property company accounts template 262 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 994
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 539
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 356
- Tax efficient holding company structure 284
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 268
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 209
- Charge out rates in London? 201
- Personal consumption by landlord 177
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 176
- Interest on Loan to a Company 168