Advise regarding concierge Business?
Hello all. Just stuck on a tricky situation and donot know how to proceed.
A cleint is looking to set up a concierge service, run via a Ltd.
The company arranges, butlers, housekeepers, buys good for them, food, chauffeur service etc for clients and bills them at the end of the month.
The problem that has arisen is that one of the clients want to prepay £60,000 and then wants them to deduct the invoices from that.
1. Is this allowed? How can this be worked around in the business, if they took this payment?
2 Is there any potential future VAT issues, if you have taken £60k prepayment and approaching the registration Threshold.
3. What would the be the correct way of handling this type of issue.
Thanks in advance for your help.
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 42 1
- Late VAT registration penalty 79 3
- Research expenses for authors 162 2
- HMRC website 45 1
- VAT 46 1
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 354 18
- Company incorrectly marked 'dormant' by HMRC 99 1
- VAT on “Reimbursement” from third parties 74 2
- Pricing 200 8
- Sage error message 40 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 203 8
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 162 3
- Auto-Enrolment 3,117 158
- Money laundering POCA 211 4
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 99 1
- P11d mistake 123 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 187 2
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 480 1
- CLG exempt under s60 128 2
- Improvement expenses allowable against rental income 159 4
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 501
- Skandia using wrong address 447
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 240
- Employee rewards 236
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 208
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 186
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 183
- Etax Australian 152