Advise regarding concierge Business?
Hello all. Just stuck on a tricky situation and donot know how to proceed.
A cleint is looking to set up a concierge service, run via a Ltd.
The company arranges, butlers, housekeepers, buys good for them, food, chauffeur service etc for clients and bills them at the end of the month.
The problem that has arisen is that one of the clients want to prepay £60,000 and then wants them to deduct the invoices from that.
1. Is this allowed? How can this be worked around in the business, if they took this payment?
2 Is there any potential future VAT issues, if you have taken £60k prepayment and approaching the registration Threshold.
3. What would the be the correct way of handling this type of issue.
Thanks in advance for your help.
- Commission on holiday accrual 54 1
- error on companies house accounts 100 4
- Newly Started Practice 166 5
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 153 2
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 179 4
- HMRC computer behind the times 184 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 75 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.160 ITEPA 89 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 343 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 223 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 166 2
- Generic Notification Notices 120 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 444 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 112 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 434 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 87 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 243 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 144 1
- fraud 416 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 240 3
- QROP pension input amounts 475
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 439
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 416
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 266
- EPS and CIS deductions 260
- Construction CIS LLP Company 246
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 213
- SAGE winforecast 179
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 172
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 166