Advise regarding concierge Business?
Hello all. Just stuck on a tricky situation and donot know how to proceed.
A cleint is looking to set up a concierge service, run via a Ltd.
The company arranges, butlers, housekeepers, buys good for them, food, chauffeur service etc for clients and bills them at the end of the month.
The problem that has arisen is that one of the clients want to prepay £60,000 and then wants them to deduct the invoices from that.
1. Is this allowed? How can this be worked around in the business, if they took this payment?
2 Is there any potential future VAT issues, if you have taken £60k prepayment and approaching the registration Threshold.
3. What would the be the correct way of handling this type of issue.
Thanks in advance for your help.
- Start up allowance? 210 9
- Old CGT loss 114 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 295 6
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 217 5
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 243 10
- Share structures 102 5
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,240 37
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,072 19
- Surely not? 200 8
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 292 5
- Business rates consultancy 196 3
- AIA or IFA 309 3
- Capitalisation - Scanning Files 136 4
- Late Registration for VAT 304 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 569 8
- Are HMRC staff on early 495 7
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 179 2
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 197 9
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 870 13
- Reverse charge and EC sales list 116 2
- TheTax Donut 1,035
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 684
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 626
- Follower cases 491
- Limited company purchase of property 429
- Hive up 421
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 390
- corporate hierarchy 385
- LIVE chat, starting now 341
- Advice - 192