Advise regarding concierge Business?
Hello all. Just stuck on a tricky situation and donot know how to proceed.
A cleint is looking to set up a concierge service, run via a Ltd.
The company arranges, butlers, housekeepers, buys good for them, food, chauffeur service etc for clients and bills them at the end of the month.
The problem that has arisen is that one of the clients want to prepay £60,000 and then wants them to deduct the invoices from that.
1. Is this allowed? How can this be worked around in the business, if they took this payment?
2 Is there any potential future VAT issues, if you have taken £60k prepayment and approaching the registration Threshold.
3. What would the be the correct way of handling this type of issue.
Thanks in advance for your help.
- New Build 62 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 57 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,226 43
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 688 15
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 69 1
- USA Tax Query 249 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 386 5
- last minute request 579 6
- Xerocon 2016 1,081 27
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 298 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 328 7
- Personal Tax 565 11
- Disengagement Help! 1,697 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 965 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 367 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 616 18
- Corrupt Excel File 687 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,994 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 295 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 445 7