Advise regarding concierge Business?
Hello all. Just stuck on a tricky situation and donot know how to proceed.
A cleint is looking to set up a concierge service, run via a Ltd.
The company arranges, butlers, housekeepers, buys good for them, food, chauffeur service etc for clients and bills them at the end of the month.
The problem that has arisen is that one of the clients want to prepay £60,000 and then wants them to deduct the invoices from that.
1. Is this allowed? How can this be worked around in the business, if they took this payment?
2 Is there any potential future VAT issues, if you have taken £60k prepayment and approaching the registration Threshold.
3. What would the be the correct way of handling this type of issue.
Thanks in advance for your help.
- Employed clients and expenses 825 16
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 615 22
- Goods Purchased for Rental 602 31
- More HMRC on gov.uk 178 4
- UK Tax Treatment of Finance Lease Payments 145 3
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 269 3
- Auto Enrolment set up 379 3
- Loan to Partnership is s455 tax relevant? 532 18
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 430 9
- Interflora florist 88 1
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 296 6
- Directors loan accounts 428 10
- Income Self employed 552 8
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,216 22
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 257 7
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 357 7
- Payment for Promotional Samples 261 1
- Transactions between Associated Companies 124 2
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,041 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 703 29
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 542
- NOVA 490
- Bonus Bonds 376
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 356
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 275
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 240
- Friendly Pensions 172
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 157
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 145
- Finance Lease 141