Advise regarding concierge Business?
Hello all. Just stuck on a tricky situation and donot know how to proceed.
A cleint is looking to set up a concierge service, run via a Ltd.
The company arranges, butlers, housekeepers, buys good for them, food, chauffeur service etc for clients and bills them at the end of the month.
The problem that has arisen is that one of the clients want to prepay £60,000 and then wants them to deduct the invoices from that.
1. Is this allowed? How can this be worked around in the business, if they took this payment?
2 Is there any potential future VAT issues, if you have taken £60k prepayment and approaching the registration Threshold.
3. What would the be the correct way of handling this type of issue.
Thanks in advance for your help.
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 293 2
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 173 3
- looking for a practice consultant 143 2
- The stupidity continues 1,427 73
- Withdrawing company car 106 1
- AML report needed? 177 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 224 6
- RE assets introduced and rent 84 1
- transactions after account have been closed 310 10
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 79 1
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 391 9
- Marketing and email surprises 450 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 766 26
- What is IRIS World like? 412 10
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 328 5
- Mlom bollocks 264 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 111 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 158 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 597 11
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 316 6
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 445
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 445
- WIP Software 308
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 294
- No payroll scheme in place 243
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 236
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 215
- Is there anything wrong with this? 211
- Small Part Disposal of Property 201
- Uncommercial property business 189