Advise regarding concierge Business?
Hello all. Just stuck on a tricky situation and donot know how to proceed.
A cleint is looking to set up a concierge service, run via a Ltd.
The company arranges, butlers, housekeepers, buys good for them, food, chauffeur service etc for clients and bills them at the end of the month.
The problem that has arisen is that one of the clients want to prepay £60,000 and then wants them to deduct the invoices from that.
1. Is this allowed? How can this be worked around in the business, if they took this payment?
2 Is there any potential future VAT issues, if you have taken £60k prepayment and approaching the registration Threshold.
3. What would the be the correct way of handling this type of issue.
Thanks in advance for your help.
- Time to ditch Sage? 131 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 245 8
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 131 2
- Non VAT invoices 120 2
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 263 8
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,357 32
- Fees 143 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 238 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 186 2
- Form 17 Download 102 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 538 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 370 4
- HMRC Information notice 985 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 268 3
- Accountant Specialization. 373 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,751 42
- Sage Line 50 171 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 180 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 448 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 394 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 754
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 412
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 363
- Electric Car 298
- S222 Charge 244
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 203
- IP trans to holding company 193
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 181
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 177
- AIA 176