Advise regarding concierge Business?
Hello all. Just stuck on a tricky situation and donot know how to proceed.
A cleint is looking to set up a concierge service, run via a Ltd.
The company arranges, butlers, housekeepers, buys good for them, food, chauffeur service etc for clients and bills them at the end of the month.
The problem that has arisen is that one of the clients want to prepay £60,000 and then wants them to deduct the invoices from that.
1. Is this allowed? How can this be worked around in the business, if they took this payment?
2 Is there any potential future VAT issues, if you have taken £60k prepayment and approaching the registration Threshold.
3. What would the be the correct way of handling this type of issue.
Thanks in advance for your help.
- Do I need a smartphone? 2,049 74
- Council setting up 'sham' LLP as trading arm? 110 1
- subsistence: help with BIM47705 interpretation 40 1
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 227 6
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,442 25
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,961 47
- inflation rate year on year 197 4
- Accounts Question 183 5
- Deleted question? 777 19
- What are options for non CA firm 3,233 67
- MAAT vs ACCA 744 13
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 674 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 467 4
- VAT Return Errors 215 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 184 5
- Yorkshire Day 629 38
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 206 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 390 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 161 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 300 7
- Cancelled 474
- Cancelled 389
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 379
- Probiz 360
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 265
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 240
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 235
- More spam 187
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 162
- Employee Benefit Trust 155