Advise regarding concierge Business?
Hello all. Just stuck on a tricky situation and donot know how to proceed.
A cleint is looking to set up a concierge service, run via a Ltd.
The company arranges, butlers, housekeepers, buys good for them, food, chauffeur service etc for clients and bills them at the end of the month.
The problem that has arisen is that one of the clients want to prepay £60,000 and then wants them to deduct the invoices from that.
1. Is this allowed? How can this be worked around in the business, if they took this payment?
2 Is there any potential future VAT issues, if you have taken £60k prepayment and approaching the registration Threshold.
3. What would the be the correct way of handling this type of issue.
Thanks in advance for your help.
- Free Agent data? 129 2
- Generic PAYE notices 143 4
- Ltd company or sole trader 145 6
- Fee protection 162 5
- Reusing dissolved company name? 134 2
- deductions for OMB companies 184 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 155 4
- LLP classification of division of profit 128 3
- Insolvent Liquidation 109 1
- insolvency ip control 158 1
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 320 3
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 137 3
- Mature student with NO GCSEs or A levels but with very solid 2:1 degree, needs help? 534 9
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 554 12
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 86 1
- UK company avoiding tax 209 2
- Finland 94 1
- With or without a practicing certificate 975 20
- Is HMRC iXBRL filing only available for small audit exempt companies 181 4
- What do you class as Research and Development for R&D Tax Relief 511 8
- Xtuple 480
- Qtac payroll for bureau 323
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 270
- Industrial & Provident Societies 260
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 201
- Mehjoo 198
- Changes in NHS pensions 167
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 165
- New strategic report 159
- South African Government Pension 138