Advise regarding concierge Business?
Hello all. Just stuck on a tricky situation and donot know how to proceed.
A cleint is looking to set up a concierge service, run via a Ltd.
The company arranges, butlers, housekeepers, buys good for them, food, chauffeur service etc for clients and bills them at the end of the month.
The problem that has arisen is that one of the clients want to prepay £60,000 and then wants them to deduct the invoices from that.
1. Is this allowed? How can this be worked around in the business, if they took this payment?
2 Is there any potential future VAT issues, if you have taken £60k prepayment and approaching the registration Threshold.
3. What would the be the correct way of handling this type of issue.
Thanks in advance for your help.
- Career Advice 107 1
- Wrong career 141 6
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 171 3
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 545 4
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,869 28
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 195 5
- Newsletter 242 5
- RTI Filing 1,762 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 124 1
- Fee's for P11D's 311 5
- Agent with HMRC 242 10
- Quarterly PAYE 246 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 65 1
- reporting salary? 183 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 330 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 274 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 109 3
- Value pricing 593 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 392 1
- Childcare Vouchers 178 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 772
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 527
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 394
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 279
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 220
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 218
- Director Loan account operation 210
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 206
- Free Tax Legislation? 194
- vat return 175