Advise regarding concierge Business?
Hello all. Just stuck on a tricky situation and donot know how to proceed.
A cleint is looking to set up a concierge service, run via a Ltd.
The company arranges, butlers, housekeepers, buys good for them, food, chauffeur service etc for clients and bills them at the end of the month.
The problem that has arisen is that one of the clients want to prepay £60,000 and then wants them to deduct the invoices from that.
1. Is this allowed? How can this be worked around in the business, if they took this payment?
2 Is there any potential future VAT issues, if you have taken £60k prepayment and approaching the registration Threshold.
3. What would the be the correct way of handling this type of issue.
Thanks in advance for your help.
- When do we qualify for state pension? 181 4
- Companies house strike off 67 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 99 2
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 89 2
- Moving to the cloud 620 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 151 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 732 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 138 4
- BTC vs Digita 981 29
- Seeking a tax case 276 8
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 306 4
- See you all on the other side 251 5
- VATABLE Income 301 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 245 2
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 272 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 496 6
- P11D software 115 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 535 9
- VAT - business splitting 240 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 588 16
- HMRC Joint Filing 525
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 394
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 354
- IRIS and FRS 102 327
- Capitalising Finance Lease 294
- USA help 287
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 248
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 231
- Capital gains on rental property 229
- Sage Coretime 218