Advise regarding concierge Business?
Hello all. Just stuck on a tricky situation and donot know how to proceed.
A cleint is looking to set up a concierge service, run via a Ltd.
The company arranges, butlers, housekeepers, buys good for them, food, chauffeur service etc for clients and bills them at the end of the month.
The problem that has arisen is that one of the clients want to prepay £60,000 and then wants them to deduct the invoices from that.
1. Is this allowed? How can this be worked around in the business, if they took this payment?
2 Is there any potential future VAT issues, if you have taken £60k prepayment and approaching the registration Threshold.
3. What would the be the correct way of handling this type of issue.
Thanks in advance for your help.
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 236 8
- VAT flat rate scheme 154 2
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 229 4
- Client information from previous accountant 37 1
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 67 2
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 61 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 353 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 218 2
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 118 5
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,652 31
- PAYE NI 96 2
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 103 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 820 14
- How much to charge? 693 10
- break even point 1,001 30
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 171 5
- Accomodation and travel 204 1
- Unpaid Fee's 348 6
- Issue with a software supplier 231 4
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 304 5
- Possible Partnership? 511
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 491
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 466
- New Fangled Penalties 306
- Clubs and Taxable Income 257
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 257
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 249
- Loans to other companies 191
- Tasbook email configuration 183
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 167