Agency and IR35 implications
My technical knowledge on IR35 is not great and I do not fully understand implications of the following;
A potential new client is a sub contractor, involved in street lighting on new builds, and has a contract for services with an agency , who pays my client a gross weekly wage ( no tax or NI deductions), based on his timesheet, less their admin fee for payroll and PL insurance fee. The agency's client is a UK company, who has many contracts for street lighting, and my client will be working for them for the next few years. The written contract, with the agency, is a contract for services and includes all the usual IR35 clauses e.g. substitution clause. My client has also signed a declaration form, with the agency, to say he meets the criteria of IR56 i.e. a self employed status declaration. The blurb from the street lighting company says that 'The agency is CIS compliant which enables sub contractors to work for long term periods rather than the 6 months usually allowed to those paying tax through CIS'.
Firstly does the above indicate that the contract falls outside of IR35?
Secondly my potential client says some of his colleagues have set of Ltd companies to save tax. I want to say yes go ahead, set up a company, you will save around £5,000 in NI, but I do not fully understand the IR35 implications. If the above does indicate the contract falls outisde of IR35 then is it ok to advise to set up a limited cmpany as the agency is doing as much as possible to ensure the contract is outside the scope of IR35?
Secondly should the Revenue investigate and determine the contract is within IR35, who might get stung for extra tax and NI, if a) he remains as sole trader or B) he sets up his own limited company.
Thirdly a question on the deemed payment, is any corporation tax paid through a limited company credited towards any additional PAYE and NI due on a deemed payment or is CT paid irrelevant?
Fourthly, there is a declaration to opt out of the conduct regulations 2003. I have no idea on the implications of this ?
Any advice to point me in the right direction greatly appreciated.
- HP VAT with flat rate scheme 107 1
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 447 7
- Micro entity accounts - cessation of trade 80 1
- Spellcheckers 160 1
- What is IRIS World like? 132 3
- How long to process paper 64-8 (SA)? 278 5
- Sage Bank rec 98 1
- ERS reporting - online filing 249 7
- Is business bank account compulsory for all businesses? 108 1
- Xero - Should I partner with them 402 7
- Transferring debts between company balance sheets. 137 6
- Small Company sold building, how to show in accounts 218 6
- Contract Hire Van, reclaiming input VAT 209 2
- Just for fun. 1,254 46
- Directors Share Purchase 335 14
- Xero Training 139 1
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 383 13
- Is interest still due? 325 8
- Dividend Waiver 160 3
- where do we send the request for a residence certificate 414 10
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 396
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 372
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 353
- Perkbox 329
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 278
- Document Management Systems 268
- WIP Software 258
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 193
- Nomisma feedback? 184
- No payroll scheme in place 183