Agency and IR35 implications
My technical knowledge on IR35 is not great and I do not fully understand implications of the following;
A potential new client is a sub contractor, involved in street lighting on new builds, and has a contract for services with an agency , who pays my client a gross weekly wage ( no tax or NI deductions), based on his timesheet, less their admin fee for payroll and PL insurance fee. The agency's client is a UK company, who has many contracts for street lighting, and my client will be working for them for the next few years. The written contract, with the agency, is a contract for services and includes all the usual IR35 clauses e.g. substitution clause. My client has also signed a declaration form, with the agency, to say he meets the criteria of IR56 i.e. a self employed status declaration. The blurb from the street lighting company says that 'The agency is CIS compliant which enables sub contractors to work for long term periods rather than the 6 months usually allowed to those paying tax through CIS'.
Firstly does the above indicate that the contract falls outside of IR35?
Secondly my potential client says some of his colleagues have set of Ltd companies to save tax. I want to say yes go ahead, set up a company, you will save around £5,000 in NI, but I do not fully understand the IR35 implications. If the above does indicate the contract falls outisde of IR35 then is it ok to advise to set up a limited cmpany as the agency is doing as much as possible to ensure the contract is outside the scope of IR35?
Secondly should the Revenue investigate and determine the contract is within IR35, who might get stung for extra tax and NI, if a) he remains as sole trader or B) he sets up his own limited company.
Thirdly a question on the deemed payment, is any corporation tax paid through a limited company credited towards any additional PAYE and NI due on a deemed payment or is CT paid irrelevant?
Fourthly, there is a declaration to opt out of the conduct regulations 2003. I have no idea on the implications of this ?
Any advice to point me in the right direction greatly appreciated.
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,284 48
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 429 9
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 177 5
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 307 9
- Opening Balances 235 3
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 347 11
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 270 1
- Do I need a smartphone? 133 3
- Company struck off 135 4
- Employment Allowance 374 6
- West Bromich Albion 335 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,880 61
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 399 10
- 27,000 Really? 1,224 38
- Legal title not in the company name 821 23
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 620 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 179 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 120 1
- This is getting boring 657 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 291 7
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 646
- Cancelled 400
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 345
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 312
- Probiz 307
- How not to compose an email 298
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 284
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 225
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 200