Agency and IR35 implications
My technical knowledge on IR35 is not great and I do not fully understand implications of the following;
A potential new client is a sub contractor, involved in street lighting on new builds, and has a contract for services with an agency , who pays my client a gross weekly wage ( no tax or NI deductions), based on his timesheet, less their admin fee for payroll and PL insurance fee. The agency's client is a UK company, who has many contracts for street lighting, and my client will be working for them for the next few years. The written contract, with the agency, is a contract for services and includes all the usual IR35 clauses e.g. substitution clause. My client has also signed a declaration form, with the agency, to say he meets the criteria of IR56 i.e. a self employed status declaration. The blurb from the street lighting company says that 'The agency is CIS compliant which enables sub contractors to work for long term periods rather than the 6 months usually allowed to those paying tax through CIS'.
Firstly does the above indicate that the contract falls outside of IR35?
Secondly my potential client says some of his colleagues have set of Ltd companies to save tax. I want to say yes go ahead, set up a company, you will save around £5,000 in NI, but I do not fully understand the IR35 implications. If the above does indicate the contract falls outisde of IR35 then is it ok to advise to set up a limited cmpany as the agency is doing as much as possible to ensure the contract is outside the scope of IR35?
Secondly should the Revenue investigate and determine the contract is within IR35, who might get stung for extra tax and NI, if a) he remains as sole trader or B) he sets up his own limited company.
Thirdly a question on the deemed payment, is any corporation tax paid through a limited company credited towards any additional PAYE and NI due on a deemed payment or is CT paid irrelevant?
Fourthly, there is a declaration to opt out of the conduct regulations 2003. I have no idea on the implications of this ?
Any advice to point me in the right direction greatly appreciated.
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 276 15
- Value pricing 558 19
- Fee's for P11D's 250 4
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 373 1
- Childcare Vouchers 159 3
- Quarterly PAYE 157 6
- Audit Report Query 174 5
- Coming in from the cold 182 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 67 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,287 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 63 1
- Should design costs be capitalised? 125 3
- Issuing an invoice as an individual (non UK resident) 65 1
- Thats Better 259 6
- reporting salary? 132 2
- apprentices 87 1
- Sage Payroll 253 10
- VAT 145 2
- Belated VAT Exception Application 223 7
- Enforcing A CCJ 255 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 763
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 519
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 389
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 213
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 212
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 195
- Director Loan account operation 194
- vat return 163
- Paye procedures for CVA 150