Agency and IR35 implications
My technical knowledge on IR35 is not great and I do not fully understand implications of the following;
A potential new client is a sub contractor, involved in street lighting on new builds, and has a contract for services with an agency , who pays my client a gross weekly wage ( no tax or NI deductions), based on his timesheet, less their admin fee for payroll and PL insurance fee. The agency's client is a UK company, who has many contracts for street lighting, and my client will be working for them for the next few years. The written contract, with the agency, is a contract for services and includes all the usual IR35 clauses e.g. substitution clause. My client has also signed a declaration form, with the agency, to say he meets the criteria of IR56 i.e. a self employed status declaration. The blurb from the street lighting company says that 'The agency is CIS compliant which enables sub contractors to work for long term periods rather than the 6 months usually allowed to those paying tax through CIS'.
Firstly does the above indicate that the contract falls outside of IR35?
Secondly my potential client says some of his colleagues have set of Ltd companies to save tax. I want to say yes go ahead, set up a company, you will save around £5,000 in NI, but I do not fully understand the IR35 implications. If the above does indicate the contract falls outisde of IR35 then is it ok to advise to set up a limited cmpany as the agency is doing as much as possible to ensure the contract is outside the scope of IR35?
Secondly should the Revenue investigate and determine the contract is within IR35, who might get stung for extra tax and NI, if a) he remains as sole trader or B) he sets up his own limited company.
Thirdly a question on the deemed payment, is any corporation tax paid through a limited company credited towards any additional PAYE and NI due on a deemed payment or is CT paid irrelevant?
Fourthly, there is a declaration to opt out of the conduct regulations 2003. I have no idea on the implications of this ?
Any advice to point me in the right direction greatly appreciated.
- Any Scottish members out there? 4,169 132
- How do I account for trees?! 65 1
- Foreign Dividends - tax repayment claim 473 17
- P11d Van - no private use 362 11
- Expanding To UK From USA 69 1
- German VAT charged by US Supplier 220 5
- Shadow director or alternative? 145 1
- Abbreviated Accounts 300 4
- Accountancy fee tax return 486 6
- Employee who reports their PAYE themselves to HMRC - Am i liable for Employer NI 269 1
- SSP recovered on directors salary 247 5
- I had a baby! Small practice recruitment - where would you look? 360 2
- Computerised Accountancy Software 253 1
- Standard 'email' template system 296 5
- HMRC Enquiry re interest paid 411 7
- Being Tax relevant 206 2
- Help with Mortgage Application? 360 5
- FRS VAT bad debt relief? 467 12
- 10% Wear & Tear Allowance - Limited Company 283 3
- Can an EU biz register an LLC in UK, but operate from the local country? 182 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 980
- Employment related securities question 501
- Looking for a qualified accountant 311
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 301
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 274
- National Insurance 211
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 200
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 193
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 185
- Payments on account coded out?? 141