Agency and IR35 implications
My technical knowledge on IR35 is not great and I do not fully understand implications of the following;
A potential new client is a sub contractor, involved in street lighting on new builds, and has a contract for services with an agency , who pays my client a gross weekly wage ( no tax or NI deductions), based on his timesheet, less their admin fee for payroll and PL insurance fee. The agency's client is a UK company, who has many contracts for street lighting, and my client will be working for them for the next few years. The written contract, with the agency, is a contract for services and includes all the usual IR35 clauses e.g. substitution clause. My client has also signed a declaration form, with the agency, to say he meets the criteria of IR56 i.e. a self employed status declaration. The blurb from the street lighting company says that 'The agency is CIS compliant which enables sub contractors to work for long term periods rather than the 6 months usually allowed to those paying tax through CIS'.
Firstly does the above indicate that the contract falls outside of IR35?
Secondly my potential client says some of his colleagues have set of Ltd companies to save tax. I want to say yes go ahead, set up a company, you will save around £5,000 in NI, but I do not fully understand the IR35 implications. If the above does indicate the contract falls outisde of IR35 then is it ok to advise to set up a limited cmpany as the agency is doing as much as possible to ensure the contract is outside the scope of IR35?
Secondly should the Revenue investigate and determine the contract is within IR35, who might get stung for extra tax and NI, if a) he remains as sole trader or B) he sets up his own limited company.
Thirdly a question on the deemed payment, is any corporation tax paid through a limited company credited towards any additional PAYE and NI due on a deemed payment or is CT paid irrelevant?
Fourthly, there is a declaration to opt out of the conduct regulations 2003. I have no idea on the implications of this ?
Any advice to point me in the right direction greatly appreciated.
- Capital allowances on Software 211 2
- Designated sole Residence 189 4
- A little knowledge 24 1
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 66 3
- Company director and KIT days 103 1
- client can't/won't pay 2,166 50
- Anybody still doing returns? 831 34
- Clothing 576 18
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 282 12
- Digita in the cloud 38 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 224 7
- IHT and US resident 122 2
- Tax relief when working away 49 1
- Parent and subsidiary... 155 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 207 8
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,242 17
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 362 16
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 746 15
- Anyone know what this is? 326 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 937 27
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 956
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 678
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 626
- Latest phishing scam 604
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 440
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 328
- Scratch Head 267
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 259
- Sabbatical payments 219
- Negligible Value Claim 199