Agency and IR35 implications
My technical knowledge on IR35 is not great and I do not fully understand implications of the following;
A potential new client is a sub contractor, involved in street lighting on new builds, and has a contract for services with an agency , who pays my client a gross weekly wage ( no tax or NI deductions), based on his timesheet, less their admin fee for payroll and PL insurance fee. The agency's client is a UK company, who has many contracts for street lighting, and my client will be working for them for the next few years. The written contract, with the agency, is a contract for services and includes all the usual IR35 clauses e.g. substitution clause. My client has also signed a declaration form, with the agency, to say he meets the criteria of IR56 i.e. a self employed status declaration. The blurb from the street lighting company says that 'The agency is CIS compliant which enables sub contractors to work for long term periods rather than the 6 months usually allowed to those paying tax through CIS'.
Firstly does the above indicate that the contract falls outside of IR35?
Secondly my potential client says some of his colleagues have set of Ltd companies to save tax. I want to say yes go ahead, set up a company, you will save around £5,000 in NI, but I do not fully understand the IR35 implications. If the above does indicate the contract falls outisde of IR35 then is it ok to advise to set up a limited cmpany as the agency is doing as much as possible to ensure the contract is outside the scope of IR35?
Secondly should the Revenue investigate and determine the contract is within IR35, who might get stung for extra tax and NI, if a) he remains as sole trader or B) he sets up his own limited company.
Thirdly a question on the deemed payment, is any corporation tax paid through a limited company credited towards any additional PAYE and NI due on a deemed payment or is CT paid irrelevant?
Fourthly, there is a declaration to opt out of the conduct regulations 2003. I have no idea on the implications of this ?
Any advice to point me in the right direction greatly appreciated.
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 1,403 12
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,520 53
- claim fees with out without VAT? 61 1
- Anyone done ATT? 78 3
- saturday staff 259 3
- indexation factors 29 1
- VAT invoice 34 2
- Free accounts system for small business? 128 5
- Property Revaluation - Postings 33 1
- Vat on motor repairs 85 1
- Received a CIS invoice 147 3
- Payroll Software Recommendations 155 4
- Electronic v printed payslips 226 4
- Is anyone using micro entity accounts 956 13
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 374 5
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 813 7
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 218 3
- Fee protection 1,018 20
- PPR Sanity Check 113 1
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 497 3
- Xtuple 574
- Qtac payroll for bureau 397
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 349
- Domain name sale and limited company 246
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 231
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 219
- Tax on damages received 194
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 189
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 156
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 151