agency of undisclosed principle and LLPs
So how does the Agent of Undisclosed Principal work and can it be substituted by an LLP with a UK partner owning a 5% share and the non UK partner/s owning the rest?
Let's start with the directors and shareholders: How does their place of residence affect the operation of this structure? Need they all be UK resident, non UK resident or does it not matter?
If the agent does not "carry on a trade in" the UK (which means sells into the UK as far as I can fathom, am I right?) the principal is not taxed in the UK. What if the principal is not from a jurisdiction with a UK DTT?
The LLP is fiscally transparent it is claimed. Does that mean that (assuming not trading in UK) a single uk corporate partner would pay CT on its share of the profits only and the offshore partner(s) would not, or would they have to pay CT and offset it against tax in their home jurisdiction and if that is lower how can that be recovered if at all?
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 376 6
- Stumped - IHT 29 1
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 446 11
- Tips on meals 87 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,263 33
- Credit management tools 82 1
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 59 2
- property capital gains 63 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 758 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 341 7
- CGT and primary residence 130 1
- Marriage Allowance 217 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,116 12
- S455 and February year ends 279 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 859 18
- Closing down loss-making company 431 5
- S.455 Tax again 276 3
- New Build 332 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 373 4
- Mortgage Reference 786 10