agency of undisclosed principle and LLPs
So how does the Agent of Undisclosed Principal work and can it be substituted by an LLP with a UK partner owning a 5% share and the non UK partner/s owning the rest?
Let's start with the directors and shareholders: How does their place of residence affect the operation of this structure? Need they all be UK resident, non UK resident or does it not matter?
If the agent does not "carry on a trade in" the UK (which means sells into the UK as far as I can fathom, am I right?) the principal is not taxed in the UK. What if the principal is not from a jurisdiction with a UK DTT?
The LLP is fiscally transparent it is claimed. Does that mean that (assuming not trading in UK) a single uk corporate partner would pay CT on its share of the profits only and the offshore partner(s) would not, or would they have to pay CT and offset it against tax in their home jurisdiction and if that is lower how can that be recovered if at all?
- flat rate scheme 2,427 51
- Importing transactions from VT Cashbook to VT Transaction+ 46 1
- Family Partnership 344 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,260 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 88 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 201 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 250 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 332 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 112 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 338 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 222 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 208 6
- Business trips - director and family 438 3
- Signed accounts for bank 693 15
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 339 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 241 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 125 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 887 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 241 5
- VAT Query on new build 147 1