AGMs - If a proxy hasn’t been properly prepared can the chairman waive the proxy and accept anyway?
Following a recent AGMs webinar, speaker Jennifer Adams responds to a question on proxies:
The wording of a form of proxy is invariably set out in the company’s articles. In the new Model Articles this is under sections 45 and 46. Usually the company issues the proxy form with the notice of meeting so there should be no problems as the format if it has been checked before issue.
The proxy must be in writing and be lodged at the company’s registered office least 48 hours before the meeting.
If the company invites a proxy electronically it is deemed to have agreed that the proxy can be returned electronically.
So if it has not been prepared properly/completed properly or returned in time then it is not valid and cannot be accepted.
- VAT on motor expenses 881 32
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 45 1
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 48 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,699 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,292 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 81 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 275 12
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 132 3
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 155 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 182 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 152 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 737 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 383 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 201 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 323 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 105 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 388 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 91 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 323 15
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 401 9
- Skandia using wrong address 1,542
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 849
- International interest certificate 467
- NOVA 326
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 225
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 216
- Bonus Bonds 206
- Management expenses for investment company 203
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 195
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 182