AGMs - If a proxy hasn’t been properly prepared can the chairman waive the proxy and accept anyway?
Following a recent AGMs webinar, speaker Jennifer Adams responds to a question on proxies:
The wording of a form of proxy is invariably set out in the company’s articles. In the new Model Articles this is under sections 45 and 46. Usually the company issues the proxy form with the notice of meeting so there should be no problems as the format if it has been checked before issue.
The proxy must be in writing and be lodged at the company’s registered office least 48 hours before the meeting.
If the company invites a proxy electronically it is deemed to have agreed that the proxy can be returned electronically.
So if it has not been prepared properly/completed properly or returned in time then it is not valid and cannot be accepted.
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,217 33
- MAAT vs ACCA 496 9
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 88 5
- Vat on Payments on Account 29 1
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 107 3
- Yorkshire Day 310 20
- calculation DTR restriction 147 4
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 54 1
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 134 4
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 885 23
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,863 45
- Accountancy Career 500 10
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,069 21
- Group Audit Thresholds 400 12
- Flat rate VAT 255 5
- Client payment options 88 1
- Benefit in Kind - Clothing - PPE 116 1
- Help with HMRC investigation 467 8
- Best apps for clients 960 7
- Directors pay adjustment from 1k to the magic 833.33 281 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 697
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 554
- Cancelled 440
- Cancelled 369
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 364
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 343
- Probiz 342
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 249
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 222
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 211