AGMs - If a proxy hasn’t been properly prepared can the chairman waive the proxy and accept anyway?
Following a recent AGMs webinar, speaker Jennifer Adams responds to a question on proxies:
The wording of a form of proxy is invariably set out in the company’s articles. In the new Model Articles this is under sections 45 and 46. Usually the company issues the proxy form with the notice of meeting so there should be no problems as the format if it has been checked before issue.
The proxy must be in writing and be lodged at the company’s registered office least 48 hours before the meeting.
If the company invites a proxy electronically it is deemed to have agreed that the proxy can be returned electronically.
So if it has not been prepared properly/completed properly or returned in time then it is not valid and cannot be accepted.
- Market Value/Connected Persons 272 10
- Online Downtime 323 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 304 3
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 185 3
- FPS or EPS 53 1
- What do you all do in your spare time? 760 31
- Personal allowance 657 15
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 152 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 1,919 16
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 113 2
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 427 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,109 1
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 305 3
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 383 10
- VAT on employee loan 300 5
- Taking over from an on-line accounting firm. Any ideas? 959 18
- Charging VAT on a company loan ?. 170 2
- Accountants website 404 5
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 175 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 497 8
- Moving away from CCH software 941
- QROP pension input amounts 434
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 376
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 351
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 315
- fraud 274
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 244
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 216
- Construction CIS LLP Company 202
- EPS and CIS deductions 189