AGMs - If a proxy hasn’t been properly prepared can the chairman waive the proxy and accept anyway?
Following a recent AGMs webinar, speaker Jennifer Adams responds to a question on proxies:
The wording of a form of proxy is invariably set out in the company’s articles. In the new Model Articles this is under sections 45 and 46. Usually the company issues the proxy form with the notice of meeting so there should be no problems as the format if it has been checked before issue.
The proxy must be in writing and be lodged at the company’s registered office least 48 hours before the meeting.
If the company invites a proxy electronically it is deemed to have agreed that the proxy can be returned electronically.
So if it has not been prepared properly/completed properly or returned in time then it is not valid and cannot be accepted.
- LLP members share of profits 608 32
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 770 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 406 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 121 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 37 1
- Registered Office 48 2
- Winding up a beneficiary will trust 85 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 59 1
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 273 7
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 529 17
- 64-8 on paper or online? 82 2
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 332 10
- Management fees agreement 141 4
- Marginal rate relief not given on loss carry back 67 1
- Business travel apps 332 14
- VAT for Residential Property Developer 164 6
- Closed tax years 100 1
- New Employment Allowance 127 2
- RTI 195 8
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 521 9
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 929
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 656
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 383
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 329
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 250
- Paye procedures for CVA 241
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 237
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 182
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 179
- Pension Fixed Protection 179