AGMs - If a proxy hasn’t been properly prepared can the chairman waive the proxy and accept anyway?
Following a recent AGMs webinar, speaker Jennifer Adams responds to a question on proxies:
The wording of a form of proxy is invariably set out in the company’s articles. In the new Model Articles this is under sections 45 and 46. Usually the company issues the proxy form with the notice of meeting so there should be no problems as the format if it has been checked before issue.
The proxy must be in writing and be lodged at the company’s registered office least 48 hours before the meeting.
If the company invites a proxy electronically it is deemed to have agreed that the proxy can be returned electronically.
So if it has not been prepared properly/completed properly or returned in time then it is not valid and cannot be accepted.
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,534 71
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 5,279 19
- HMRC Scam 236 2
- Departments in Sage 50 81 1
- Where has Portia gone? 675 25
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 209 2
- Rogue Accountant 2,815 45
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 318 4
- Capital Gains? 255 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 100 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 70 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 446 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 124 2
- AIA - new period 218 1
- Self assessment question 1,156 48
- Major Works Invoice to Rental Property 372 9
- What is the base cost of this asset for CGT? 264 3
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 854 20
- Dividend Tax Rate 441 8
- Ex Wives Club 544 13
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 772
- RTI - duplicate employee record 505
- Pensions Regulator 438
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 394
- Sanzar 296
- Sage Vat return box 2 296
- Digital marketing focus group 275
- How do you do it 263
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 226
- Report old income 226