AGMs - If a proxy hasn’t been properly prepared can the chairman waive the proxy and accept anyway?
Following a recent AGMs webinar, speaker Jennifer Adams responds to a question on proxies:
The wording of a form of proxy is invariably set out in the company’s articles. In the new Model Articles this is under sections 45 and 46. Usually the company issues the proxy form with the notice of meeting so there should be no problems as the format if it has been checked before issue.
The proxy must be in writing and be lodged at the company’s registered office least 48 hours before the meeting.
If the company invites a proxy electronically it is deemed to have agreed that the proxy can be returned electronically.
So if it has not been prepared properly/completed properly or returned in time then it is not valid and cannot be accepted.
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 859 5
- Swimming Pool Income 278 4
- What is the best way to buy commercial property these days 98 3
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 79 1
- Friday Question 269 5
- Coming off flat rate VAT 276 2
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 448 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,926 44
- New Client works under PAYE but is about to set up own LTD. 235 6
- Support / ticketing software 375 12
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 643 8
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 942 12
- Tax Point as opposed to VAT point 98 1
- Company Number 10000000 1,178 15
- Tax code notices 162 1
- Outside the scope VAT box 6 185 6
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 677 15
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 306 6
- Deduction for Flat Rate Scheme VAT 386 4
- Sale of Limited Co computer 130 1
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 481
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 293
- DTA tie-breaker issue 287
- CGT for NOn UK residents 252
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 229
- Apprenticeship Levy 224
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 220
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 220
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 213
- Just checking re PSA 205