AGMs - If a proxy hasn’t been properly prepared can the chairman waive the proxy and accept anyway?
Following a recent AGMs webinar, speaker Jennifer Adams responds to a question on proxies:
The wording of a form of proxy is invariably set out in the company’s articles. In the new Model Articles this is under sections 45 and 46. Usually the company issues the proxy form with the notice of meeting so there should be no problems as the format if it has been checked before issue.
The proxy must be in writing and be lodged at the company’s registered office least 48 hours before the meeting.
If the company invites a proxy electronically it is deemed to have agreed that the proxy can be returned electronically.
So if it has not been prepared properly/completed properly or returned in time then it is not valid and cannot be accepted.
- Does reputation of a tax agent affect likelihood of a HMRC audit 277 4
- Family property company Benefit in Kind and ATED issues 82 1
- PPR ELECTION 331 10
- Microsoft One Drive 265 8
- Capital Allowances for cars/hackney carriages 109 2
- Travel expenses for director - flight 385 4
- Invoices 152 1
- Not a question but made my day 651 14
- Accounts Package 288 8
- Question about VAT Group Registration 129 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 650 18
- Reclaim VAT charged by US company 269 3
- Repayment of Share Capital 410 8
- VAT on property 145 1
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 304 4
- Late night meals self employed 377 2
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 425 9
- EBT Self Assessment Return 275 1
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,909 18
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 142 1
- NHS finance professionals 573
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 379
- Foreign Pension Contribution 350
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 330
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 312
- vat gross profit percentage margins 310
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 287
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 255
- Thinning income 236
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 208