AGMs - If a proxy hasn’t been properly prepared can the chairman waive the proxy and accept anyway?
Following a recent AGMs webinar, speaker Jennifer Adams responds to a question on proxies:
The wording of a form of proxy is invariably set out in the company’s articles. In the new Model Articles this is under sections 45 and 46. Usually the company issues the proxy form with the notice of meeting so there should be no problems as the format if it has been checked before issue.
The proxy must be in writing and be lodged at the company’s registered office least 48 hours before the meeting.
If the company invites a proxy electronically it is deemed to have agreed that the proxy can be returned electronically.
So if it has not been prepared properly/completed properly or returned in time then it is not valid and cannot be accepted.
- BTC is slow 259 3
- Voluntary Disclosure 198 2
- Director registration for SA question 457 17
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 184 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 328 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 495 22
- valuation of vehicles 403 16
- Business only use of company car 693 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 508 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 322 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 956 29
- New Company reviews please 545 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 314 4
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 266 2
- VAT with Russia 233 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 234 4
- Money Laundering Manual 304 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 249 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,122 29
- directors loan 370 8
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 299
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 244
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 240
- Any thoughts on Capium? 234
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 219
- auto enrolment 189
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 177
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 158
- How to account for investment in JV? 152
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 148