AGMs - If a proxy hasn’t been properly prepared can the chairman waive the proxy and accept anyway?
Following a recent AGMs webinar, speaker Jennifer Adams responds to a question on proxies:
The wording of a form of proxy is invariably set out in the company’s articles. In the new Model Articles this is under sections 45 and 46. Usually the company issues the proxy form with the notice of meeting so there should be no problems as the format if it has been checked before issue.
The proxy must be in writing and be lodged at the company’s registered office least 48 hours before the meeting.
If the company invites a proxy electronically it is deemed to have agreed that the proxy can be returned electronically.
So if it has not been prepared properly/completed properly or returned in time then it is not valid and cannot be accepted.
- How to treat NI and PAYE for overseas staff employed in UK? 179 1
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 130 3
- Using Xero with Barclays & Lloyds and multi company usage 347 3
- How to network with other Accountants? 91 1
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,414 52
- Option to tax by two individuals "together" not as a Ltd company 113 2
- Directors exempt from AE? 437 8
- Cut-off accounting question 300 7
- Freehold management company 69 1
- account in joint names - gift? 170 3
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 501 10
- HMRC site down ? 427 7
- exemptions from CIS 119 2
- Depreciation on purchase of software 430 7
- Class of Shares 192 4
- Contact at HMRC for agents 144 1
- Offshore bond assigned to UK discretionary trust 136 5
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 516 10
- What would you do? 598 5
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 609 23
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 388
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 343
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 325
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 307
- Electric Car 261
- S222 Charge 226
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 224
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 208
- Company Structure 202
- IP trans to holding company 162