AGMs - If a proxy hasn’t been properly prepared can the chairman waive the proxy and accept anyway?
Following a recent AGMs webinar, speaker Jennifer Adams responds to a question on proxies:
The wording of a form of proxy is invariably set out in the company’s articles. In the new Model Articles this is under sections 45 and 46. Usually the company issues the proxy form with the notice of meeting so there should be no problems as the format if it has been checked before issue.
The proxy must be in writing and be lodged at the company’s registered office least 48 hours before the meeting.
If the company invites a proxy electronically it is deemed to have agreed that the proxy can be returned electronically.
So if it has not been prepared properly/completed properly or returned in time then it is not valid and cannot be accepted.
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 535 8
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 777 20
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 470 11
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,924 35
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 212 2
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 221 5
- Classic cars investment 319 9
- Gift or Capital Gain? 437 13
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 637 9
- HMRC - Sage Backup 214 5
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,148 29
- BrightPay 734 23
- Company strike off and terminal loss relief 118 3
- VAT silly question 2,525 58
- Easy way to de-register as employer? 95 1
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,918 44
- VAT Adjustments 178 5
- Tronc Scheme 112 1
- How much to charge? 410 6
- Sage 2010 data corruption 255 6
- Possible Partnership? 477
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 452
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 441
- New Fangled Penalties 253
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 241
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 239
- Clubs and Taxable Income 231
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 227
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 214
- Loans to other companies 176