AGMs - If a proxy hasn’t been properly prepared can the chairman waive the proxy and accept anyway?
Following a recent AGMs webinar, speaker Jennifer Adams responds to a question on proxies:
The wording of a form of proxy is invariably set out in the company’s articles. In the new Model Articles this is under sections 45 and 46. Usually the company issues the proxy form with the notice of meeting so there should be no problems as the format if it has been checked before issue.
The proxy must be in writing and be lodged at the company’s registered office least 48 hours before the meeting.
If the company invites a proxy electronically it is deemed to have agreed that the proxy can be returned electronically.
So if it has not been prepared properly/completed properly or returned in time then it is not valid and cannot be accepted.
- Sage vat return 76 1
- What taxes must employers pay in Continental Europe? e.g. Germany and France 107 1
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 339 10
- Travel costs and contractors 275 3
- vat help for catering concession 146 3
- Employee works in UK paid by Denmark and uses company car from another business 74 1
- RTI and Directors' salaries 151 2
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 215 3
- Importers 112 1
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 280 4
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 255 4
- dfgd fget 139 1
- More AE! 238 6
- New business - journal entries 613 27
- US Citizen but never resident in US 221 4
- LLP Tax Allocation Prior Year Amendment 75 1
- aia 127 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 449 10
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 460 16
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 268 5
- Auto enrolment excuses 993
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 746
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 432
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 253
- Digita Hosted Software 251
- Social investment tax relief 244
- Call Centre Data Costs 230
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 185
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 150
- Petrol station franchise and VAT 138