AGMs - If a proxy hasn’t been properly prepared can the chairman waive the proxy and accept anyway?
Following a recent AGMs webinar, speaker Jennifer Adams responds to a question on proxies:
The wording of a form of proxy is invariably set out in the company’s articles. In the new Model Articles this is under sections 45 and 46. Usually the company issues the proxy form with the notice of meeting so there should be no problems as the format if it has been checked before issue.
The proxy must be in writing and be lodged at the company’s registered office least 48 hours before the meeting.
If the company invites a proxy electronically it is deemed to have agreed that the proxy can be returned electronically.
So if it has not been prepared properly/completed properly or returned in time then it is not valid and cannot be accepted.
- Child benefit charge 829 14
- Capital Gains on Residential Property 271 19
- Contribution to charity as % of profit 266 14
- Non resident income. 156 9
- Taxable income from property and separation 54 2
- Goodwill adjustment 141 4
- Use of home deduction 317 11
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 953 29
- smp employee made redundant 89 1
- Do you lose losses on cessation 405 11
- How do you get HMRC to pay you SMP? 170 3
- Online SA303 Nine Digit UTR 156 4
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 156 4
- Software 103 2
- Notice of Coding 0T but not Month 1 268 7
- Knuckle down one week to go! 974 21
- client can't/won't pay 1,307 22
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,326 79
- Self assessment help 156 1
- Worried over stock value 432 13
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 843
- Copy Wanted 577
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 523
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 503
- Latest phishing scam 376
- Entrepreneurs' relief 353
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 314
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 300
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 291
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 202