AGMs - If a proxy hasn’t been properly prepared can the chairman waive the proxy and accept anyway?
Following a recent AGMs webinar, speaker Jennifer Adams responds to a question on proxies:
The wording of a form of proxy is invariably set out in the company’s articles. In the new Model Articles this is under sections 45 and 46. Usually the company issues the proxy form with the notice of meeting so there should be no problems as the format if it has been checked before issue.
The proxy must be in writing and be lodged at the company’s registered office least 48 hours before the meeting.
If the company invites a proxy electronically it is deemed to have agreed that the proxy can be returned electronically.
So if it has not been prepared properly/completed properly or returned in time then it is not valid and cannot be accepted.
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 49 1
- Invoice Help 201 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 113 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 202 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 192 3
- Sorry ignore me 876 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 542 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,915 35
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,227 12
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 133 12
- Errors in prior year accounts 782 20
- VAT & capitalising 56 1
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 297 5
- Free Shares ? 233 2
- Is this a scam? 549 7
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 293 7
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 271 6
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 148 1
- Peer to Peer lending 863 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 103 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 621
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 529
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 292
- Cancelled 283
- Cancelled 242
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 188
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 187
- Probiz 168
- What's the market like for temps? 163
- Married woman dies owning marital home 161