AGMs - If a proxy hasn’t been properly prepared can the chairman waive the proxy and accept anyway?
Following a recent AGMs webinar, speaker Jennifer Adams responds to a question on proxies:
The wording of a form of proxy is invariably set out in the company’s articles. In the new Model Articles this is under sections 45 and 46. Usually the company issues the proxy form with the notice of meeting so there should be no problems as the format if it has been checked before issue.
The proxy must be in writing and be lodged at the company’s registered office least 48 hours before the meeting.
If the company invites a proxy electronically it is deemed to have agreed that the proxy can be returned electronically.
So if it has not been prepared properly/completed properly or returned in time then it is not valid and cannot be accepted.
- Benefit in Kind 160 3
- Wrong tax code 64 4
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,255 14
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 218 1
- Cocaine anyone? 573 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 96 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 170 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 296 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 94 7
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 478 15
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,293 8
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 994 29
- You know its over 409 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 529 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 262 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 215 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 202 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 322 3
- Late Registration for VAT 507 13
- EIS/SEIS 171 1
- Hive up 498
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 467
- corporate hierarchy 447
- Advice - 284
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 230
- WWOOFers 225
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 210
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 189
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 187
- UK State pension paid in NZ 159