AGMs - If a proxy hasn’t been properly prepared can the chairman waive the proxy and accept anyway?
Following a recent AGMs webinar, speaker Jennifer Adams responds to a question on proxies:
The wording of a form of proxy is invariably set out in the company’s articles. In the new Model Articles this is under sections 45 and 46. Usually the company issues the proxy form with the notice of meeting so there should be no problems as the format if it has been checked before issue.
The proxy must be in writing and be lodged at the company’s registered office least 48 hours before the meeting.
If the company invites a proxy electronically it is deemed to have agreed that the proxy can be returned electronically.
So if it has not been prepared properly/completed properly or returned in time then it is not valid and cannot be accepted.
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 87 6
- Late RTI filing re SMP 91 2
- Additional information attached to accounts 177 2
- CIS Software 108 1
- Company assets 359 16
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 219 6
- MoneySoft 163 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 62 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 658 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 143 2
- Self assessment 144 1
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 144 2
- Claiming VAT 124 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,119 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 176 4
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 273 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 270 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 152 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 510 9
- Director resignation 740 21
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 503
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 477
- Is there anything wrong with this? 278
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 266
- Uncommercial property business 241
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 204
- Registering online CWF1 183
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 179
- Accrued income scheme 179
- VAT - registration needed? 177