AGMs - If a proxy hasn’t been properly prepared can the chairman waive the proxy and accept anyway?
Following a recent AGMs webinar, speaker Jennifer Adams responds to a question on proxies:
The wording of a form of proxy is invariably set out in the company’s articles. In the new Model Articles this is under sections 45 and 46. Usually the company issues the proxy form with the notice of meeting so there should be no problems as the format if it has been checked before issue.
The proxy must be in writing and be lodged at the company’s registered office least 48 hours before the meeting.
If the company invites a proxy electronically it is deemed to have agreed that the proxy can be returned electronically.
So if it has not been prepared properly/completed properly or returned in time then it is not valid and cannot be accepted.
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,043 14
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,310 14
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 121 2
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 563 9
- Payment on account penalties 146 4
- How much did you pay for your website 1,701 29
- any implications of this type of transaction 77 2
- Mem & Arts - Multiple Share Classes & Rights 93 1
- Does IR35 apply? 98 1
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 106 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 295 11
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 269 7
- Sage data 111 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 424 9
- Limited company buying a car 365 6
- Funding Circle experience 165 3
- Excel query 132 2
- Tax on free shares 158 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 213 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 132 1
- CTA study material 809
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 500
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 462
- Employment related securities question 326
- AIM Stocks and IHT 313
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 285
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 240
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162