Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- VAT on Hire Purchase 157 2
- "Audit Report" 56 1
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 128 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 464 13
- Coding Notice 225 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 237 6
- New business - journal entries 401 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 221 3
- Payroll software 643 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 260 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 396 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 731 18
- B2B vat in the EU 185 4
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 197 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 226 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 192 4
- LLP as member of LLP 135 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,832 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 509 7
- Vat 305 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 859
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 719
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 407
- Social investment tax relief 219
- Digita Hosted Software 213
- Call Centre Data Costs 200
- accounting for this transaction 188
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 171
- Travel costs and contractors 166
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 162