Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,174 44
- R&D tax claim 232 7
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 516 18
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 501 9
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 162 7
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 118 2
- Gift to employee 363 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 132 1
- Transfer of a business 120 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,124 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 407 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 110 2
- Sage Import Data 307 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 241 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 112 2
- Best time software for small practice? 224 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 316 13
- private to company car? 366 9
- Which address 1,021 11
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 270 5
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 475
- CTA study material 453
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 329
- Pre incorp expenses 307
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 264
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 253
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 203
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 155
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 137
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 133