Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Company assets 277 10
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 453 8
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,018 12
- Director resignation 705 21
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,767 30
- Additional information attached to accounts 104 1
- CIS Only Scheme 67 1
- No payroll scheme in place 334 1
- Xero Training 379 3
- SA Penalty 218 1
- VAT on Part Contribution towards Safety Boots 235 13
- Debtor weighting by sales 74 1
- The stupidity continues 2,801 103
- Company oversea and VAT 172 7
- Am I too soft? 1,075 14
- looking for a practice consultant 377 4
- Sample wording for fair usage terms 188 2
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 441 11
- Small Business Payroll 198 7
- RTI - are HMRC picking any numbers? 246 2
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 498
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 474
- Is there anything wrong with this? 275
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 263
- Uncommercial property business 235
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 202
- Registering online CWF1 180
- Accrued income scheme 176
- VAT - registration needed? 172
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 170