Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Inventory valuation of precious metals? 294 3
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 84 4
- Share swap 241 6
- Auto enrolment 339 5
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 239 3
- Partnership to LLP - Capital Contribution 86 1
- Threshold for RTI submission 35 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 152 2
- Was I rude 529 16
- Top slicing relief question no 2 128 3
- Money Laundering checks on Charity 75 3
- Maternity Pay 121 2
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 564 14
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 619 10
- Recording VAT refund and payment on Sage 50 48 1
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,717 27
- Director's minimum wage? 224 4
- Advertising services? 303 1
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 312 4
- Invoice factoring 252 8
- Skandia using wrong address 1,471
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 800
- Any views 722
- International interest certificate 436
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 409
- Sale of business 376
- NOVA 276
- IRIS Open Books problem 272
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 187
- Expenses claim for non employee 177