Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 154 6
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 292 9
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,224 38
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 42 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 650 42
- Capital allowances for estates in administration 95 1
- VAT REGISTRATION TRANSFER 29 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 58 1
- Audit rules 72 1
- Bringing money to Uk 152 2
- Incorporation Fee - What's Non-deductible? 514 10
- Hotel accommodation tax deductible? 265 3
- VAT Inspection 165 3
- Management Buy Out - shares exchanged 346 23
- Moving from Sage payroll to Iris Payroll 142 4
- Faxpay in the 21st century 94 4
- Accounting for investment club gains 75 1
- Associations tax regime for Saturday school 720 7
- Income tax exemption on woodlands 170 5
- Is it just me 317 7
- Xtuple 486
- Qtac payroll for bureau 328
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 271
- Industrial & Provident Societies 266
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 210
- Mehjoo 209
- New strategic report 163
- Domain name sale and limited company 147
- South African Government Pension 144
- CIS schemes 139