Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 90 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 229 1
- will this work for IHT 250 2
- Best software for small practice? 633 20
- Paid too much !! 252 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,744 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 256 7
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 205 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 483 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 120 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 98 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 100 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 477 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 750 11
- Sports Sponsorship 151 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 268 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 214 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 255 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,330 14
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,275 21
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 768
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 455
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 276
- DTA tie-breaker issue 263
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 248
- CGT for NOn UK residents 223
- Apprenticeship Levy 203
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 192
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181
- Just checking re PSA 175