Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 392 2
- BrightPay 661 22
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 216 3
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 416 8
- Abolish the penalty regime 156 4
- Gift or Capital Gain? 364 11
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 363 8
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 345 8
- SDLT on leases 124 1
- Is practising Certificate needed 370 7
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 935 26
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 296 4
- IHT Query 175 3
- Statutary sick pay 209 1
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 302 4
- Director Salary 363 2
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 303 7
- Capital Gain? 436 11
- Reversing out RTI 231 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 314 9
- Possible Partnership? 449
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 427
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 417
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 220
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 216
- Clubs and Taxable Income 210
- Income tax on foreign dividends 198
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 197
- New Fangled Penalties 187
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 162