Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 52 2
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 26 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 559 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 627 5
- Claiming VAT on car lease 377 26
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 70 2
- Freelance/Employee 610 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 140 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 289 6
- Is it just me ... 184 5
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 115 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 257 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 84 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 321 10
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 121 1
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 209 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,463 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 105 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 348 14
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,171 27
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 739
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 403
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 351
- Electric Car 287
- S222 Charge 234
- IP trans to holding company 182
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 178
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 166
- AIA 162
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 154