Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Limited company buying director's car 11 1
- Historical figures for WTC 17 1
- Dress code 1,350 30
- Entrepeneurs relief 126 8
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 65 1
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 103 2
- How to complain about HMRC 1,243 14
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 127 1
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 406 9
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 1,104 16
- Scottish Independance 614 16
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 98 2
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 244 4
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 414 6
- WC's and capital allowances 87 1
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 235 1
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 857 10
- carry back of gift aid 121 2
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 133 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 394 17
- CTA study material 752
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 466
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 354
- Employment related securities question 300
- AIM Stocks and IHT 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 243
- Trust for Employee 228
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 143
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140