Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 91 1
- SA1 forms 329 12
- Changing shareholding ratio 50 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 111 5
- Goodwill Entrepreneurs Relief 57 1
- ICPA 413 6
- Do I need to see receipts ? 666 10
- Share disclosure re- Power of Attorney 136 5
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 517 12
- VAT on services to EC customer 158 3
- Delayed option to tax 171 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 200 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 831 23
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 335 3
- Cloud backups – know what you are getting … 411 7
- Redundancy Pay 326 4
- question about merging two companies... 195 1
- Latest repayment email =interesting paragraph 437 3
- CG on Spanish property disposal 235 7
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 508 5
- Sainsbury's mangement 819
- Avanti Accounts 672
- Have I done the right thing? 644
- Calling franchise accountants 629
- Continuity Agreement 625
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 482
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 356
- Scammers 320
- Advice please! 227
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 211