Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Settlement discount 31 3
- signature required 426 19
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 76 5
- CT600 30 1
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 149 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 84 2
- Pratice Management Software 37 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 183 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 102 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 174 2
- Homing sandwiches 357 9
- Related Party Transactions 99 2
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 150 4
- UK resident receiving USA pension 73 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 454 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 751 13
- More AE! 757 17
- Web sites 241 3
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 598 13
- Dispensation 175 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,229
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 510
- Digita Hosted Software 334
- Credit where credit's due....... 307
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 234
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 187
- TheTax Donut 173
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 155
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 155