Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 204 3
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 601 13
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 230 4
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 311 4
- Closing my business down 96 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 851 34
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 308 6
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 192 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 120 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,243 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,472 21
- VAT flat rate scheme 118 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 295 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 92 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,098 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 417 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 160 1
- FPS or EPS 176 2
- Continuity of Practice 229 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 148 2
- Moving away from CCH software 956
- QROP pension input amounts 442
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 385
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 359
- fraud 287
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 262
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 230
- Construction CIS LLP Company 215
- EPS and CIS deductions 202
- Out of time or not? 183