Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Roll old capital gain into current one or declare separately? 126 4
- Income prior to company formation 305 9
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 691 12
- Inexpensive CRM for small accountancy practice? 229 5
- Forbes Computer Systems - Practice Management (CRM) 92 1
- are we that stupid 663 14
- Can I sell my own equipment to my business? 464 5
- Practice software 1,383 20
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 344 1
- Company leaving VAT group 156 4
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 588 18
- Staff training 1,538 13
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 261 3
- Goodwill on incorporation 216 2
- Company Strike off 273 10
- Is there a UK CGT base cost on the sale of these shares? 157 1
- Company Limited by Guarantee 263 4
- wife as partner 1,108 7
- Self Assessment penalties again 197 2
- VAT B2B EU service - curious 300 6
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 324
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 286
- French ConnectionUK 262
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 239
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 215
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 209
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 148
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 146
- Indian Provident Fund 144
- E-mailing customer invoices in VT Transaction+ 137