Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 822 5
- See you all on the other side 826 6
- 12Pay 591 2
- dividends 805 2
- R&D 379 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,249 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 497 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 499 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 465 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 596 5
- Seeking a tax case 720 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 582 4
- Companies house strike off 700 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 523 2
- Moving to the cloud 799 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 237 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 962 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 239 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,136 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 553 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 585
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 436
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 384
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 379
- Marginal rates of tax 373
- IRIS and FRS 102 370
- Class 2 NI 355
- Capitalising Finance Lease 350
- USA help 332
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 317