Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 236 3
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 115 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 174 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 174 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 820 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 534 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 694 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 301 16
- Personal pension 435 9
- Business rates consultancy 265 4
- Wrong tax code 177 6
- Benefit in Kind 257 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 90 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 290 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,058 31
- Deferred Tax 474 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 207 1
- You know its over 492 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 246 1
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 143 1
- Hive up 512
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 474
- corporate hierarchy 453
- Advice - 295
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 238
- WWOOFers 233
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 217
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 194
- The booking.com con 173
- UK State pension paid in NZ 165