Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Xerocon 2016 1,017 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,190 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 230 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 241 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 595 12
- Personal Tax 494 11
- USA Tax Query 170 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,661 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 291 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 601 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 351 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 412 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 176 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 336 4
- last minute request 516 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46