Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Commission on holiday accrual 63 1
- error on companies house accounts 112 4
- Newly Started Practice 181 5
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 157 2
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 182 4
- HMRC computer behind the times 189 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 88 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.160 ITEPA 94 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 347 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 227 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 168 2
- Generic Notification Notices 126 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 445 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 114 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 435 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 95 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 244 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 146 1
- fraud 416 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 241 3
- QROP pension input amounts 476
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 440
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 417
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 267
- EPS and CIS deductions 260
- Construction CIS LLP Company 247
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 214
- SAGE winforecast 180
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 173
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 166