Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Payroll software 58 2
- Where has Portia gone? 2,862 81
- Trade Association Dinner 100 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 267 12
- RTI - duplicate employee record 578 1
- Stock of photos to capatilise 93 1
- Share buyback, possible embezzlement 148 4
- Practice management software 1,035 18
- Change if career direction from industry to practice 166 2
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 572 18
- Depreciation of Revalued Building 42 1
- Spousal transfer and PPR 748 32
- Portia ... Where art thou 434 1
- Taxation of serviced offices 212 3
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 776 16
- Write off loan between companies 612 24
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 186 2
- Industry Reports 59 1
- recompense capital input 236 12
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,182 22
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 804
- Pensions Regulator 459
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 418
- Sanzar 322
- How do you do it 309
- Digital marketing focus group 301
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 278
- new investor structure 187
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 176
- Fit for purpose 173