Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 194 7
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 888 19
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 465 9
- Can I become a self employed bookkeeper?? 176 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 178 7
- tagging in Iris accounts production for non standard item 124 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 107 1
- Auto-Enrolment 2,861 155
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 108 1
- 'Find an accountant' 217 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 105 1
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 86 1
- Depreciation on property improvements 110 1
- Construction Industry Funding 114 5
- CGT advice on amicable divorce settlement 109 1
- How important are Journals? 335 9
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 726 15
- Company trading loss relief 274 4
- National Insurance 604 1
- Social Worker limited Co 136 1
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 494
- Skandia using wrong address 435
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 391
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 237
- Employee rewards 228
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 207
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 180
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 180