Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 153 6
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,042 29
- Classic cars investment 141 4
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 229 3
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 412 7
- Cater Allen Commission 116 3
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 211 4
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 703 20
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 93 1
- VAT on 'educational' services - UK and overseas 61 1
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 65 1
- Sage 2010 data corruption 116 5
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 489 13
- Sage at it again? 358 5
- BrightPay 509 13
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 194 5
- Is this a scam? 1,586 27
- S455 457 21
- client issues 328 4
- Capital Gain? 363 9
- Benchmarking 466
- Possible Partnership? 415
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 401
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 387
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 331
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 195
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 176
- Income tax on foreign dividends 172
- Clubs and Taxable Income 169
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 165