Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Estate agents - shared commission 93 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,408 68
- MAAT vs ACCA 257 3
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 704 21
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 109 3
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 583 15
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 84 1
- Accountancy Career 254 3
- pension paid by company? 200 4
- How not to compose an email 439 1
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 518 17
- Managing Employee Expenses 52 1
- Tax credit deadline extended by a week 92 1
- What are options for non CA firm 3,002 64
- Is it possible to run/own a UK based business, as a resident of Italy? 75 1
- Small company audit 668 11
- Do I need a smartphone? 509 20
- OVERDRAWN DIRECTORS LOAN ACCOUNT!! 267 3
- West Bromich Albion 421 3
- P11D with no S336 - Code Change ? 124 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 658
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 444
- Cancelled 415
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 358
- Cancelled 356
- Probiz 324
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 306
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 235
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 209
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 174