Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Investment from Friend 46 5
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 762 29
- client can't/won't pay 1,569 29
- Capital Gains Relief 97 4
- Identity check problem 1,229 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 143 3
- Business Set up cost 90 1
- Advice on letting a client go ? 638 12
- Aged Debtor 54 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 945 34
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 70 3
- blank - ignore 491 8
- Part disposal of shareholding with CGT loss attached 80 2
- calculate mortgage interest 349 5
- Do we have to register for VAT? 443 9
- Companies House praise 225 1
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,065 14
- Most cr*p bank account ever? 164 1
- Directors NIC's 183 5
- VAT field when booking bills for organisations on VAT FRS 74 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 875
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 572
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 535
- Latest phishing scam 469
- Entrepreneurs' relief 412
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 338
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 317
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 240
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 231
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 163