Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- deleted 350 21
- PII and previous accountant 52 3
- Use of aliases 383 14
- What's the plural? 148 4
- Client leaving and querying previous years accounts 586 25
- What should I charge for unlimited advice and support ? 66 3
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 65 1
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 77 1
- CGT on Self Build Plus Another Property 157 8
- DISCOUNTED RENT FREE PERIOD 99 1
- Sage training course 225 7
- Registering as a CIS Contractor 116 2
- Builder - Roll over relief 154 7
- HMRC online out of action? 122 3
- Hold over relief 242 2
- Benchmark scale rates for subsistance 119 1
- Overdue VAT returns 154 3
- Non-Resident with UK rental income 144 3
- sports club 95 1
- Cloud Technology 147 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 558
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 406
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 312
- IFA incorporation 283
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 269
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 265
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 236
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 224
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 195
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 189