Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- The Cotter Case 176 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 99 3
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 128 2
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 44 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 936 16
- Sole Trader business 151 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 151 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 143 1
- Giving a seminar 680 36
- Tax position on lease extension 174 1
- Boffin of the Year 296 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 217 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 236 4
- Sage Depreciation 77 1
- Non sequitur 249 2
- Am i Liable? 880 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 170 1
- tax relief for the cost of trade marks 155 1
- Interest on main residence mortgage then lent to a company 75 1
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 475 10
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,294
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 640
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 422
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 331
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 261
- Alphabet shares 219
- Agent fees to sell business 212
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 207
- Office recharges 169
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 148