Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 982 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 227 2
- Dental practice incorpration 102 1
- Audit rules 145 4
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 216 5
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 797 20
- Go Cardless 254 8
- business entertaining deductibility 111 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 108 2
- R & D 99 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 67 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 106 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 142 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 132 1
- New Business Registration 209 5
- Hosted email exchange 126 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 143 1
- G P life time allowance 113 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 368 11
- Bringing money to Uk 213 3
- Xtuple 500
- Qtac payroll for bureau 333
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 277
- Industrial & Provident Societies 275
- Mehjoo 219
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 216
- New strategic report 169
- Domain name sale and limited company 156
- South African Government Pension 153
- CIS schemes 146