Agricutural Buildings(ABA) & Capital Allowances
I have a client who is a large farmer and a few years ago in 2008 spent considerable expenditure on constructing new cattle sheds.
In total around £700k was spent on this and out of this roughly £250k was put into the general pool for capital allowancs of which
some £140k qualifying immediately for first year allowance(as this was prior to AIA). Out of the remainder roughly £375k was put into
Agricultural Buildings Allowance pool qualifying for 4% ABA in that year. The remainder of this roughly 75k was put into fixed assets under freehold additions and no capital allowances were claimed.
My query is that I am now considering whether more of this expenditure would have qualified as plant and machinery rather than ABA
as ABA has now been done away with.
So what types of items within the cattle shed would qualify for plant & machinery capital allowances?
Also can I go back this far to 2008?
Should I get an outside expert in this field to visit the farm premises and look at what qualifies as plant & machinery and what
doesn't or could I do this myself?
Any answers are much appreciated in advance.
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 323 6
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 66 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 315 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 141 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 204 4
- Rental property company 104 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 298 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 252 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 382 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 153 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 191 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 146 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 489 5
- Director's tax return 399 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 181 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,134 34
- Flat rate vat 237 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 195 5
- Coming in from the cold 390 3
- Splitting the tax year 192 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 817
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 568
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 436
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 314
- Free Tax Legislation? 290
- Director Loan account operation 270
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 258
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 256
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 235
- Paye procedures for CVA 176