AIA and interaction with disposal
I have a client who is in his second year of trade.
As we did not claim all of his AIAs last year as they were not needed we have a balance in the brought forward pool of 10k.
One of the items purchased last year has had some enhancement expenditure on it this year (2k) and it was sold in this year for 15k.
Other items have been purchased totalling 50k. (We do not need to claim all as AIA, only circa £30k)
I was wondering 2 things, firstly does the enhancement expenditure qualify for AIA as asset sold in same year?
Secondly, is there a balancing charge in the pool (ie 10k less 15 disposal proceeds) giving a 5k charge and then I will claim the balance of what I need as AIA before transferring remainder into the pool to be carried forward.
Do I simply deduct the disposal proceeds from the Additions qualifying for AIA, give what I need as AIA and trans balance to pool.
The end result is the same, its just what is correct? Method 1 gives an AIA of 30 and a Bal Charge of £5k, whereas Method 2 will just give an AIA of 25
CA23086 seems to suggest Method 1 is correct - however the layout of the software suggests perhaps 2 is correct.
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 809 18
- Tasks for new trainees 161 4
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 277 10
- VAT on garage rent 143 9
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 92 1
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 162 3
- Property scam victim 317 5
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 245 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 59 1
- Have i messed up? 751 11
- Are HMRC getting it right? 424 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 58 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 114 2
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 74 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 77 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 571 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 107 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,652 46
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 267 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,819 19
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,095
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 577
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 384
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 290
- Charge out rates in London? 246
- Interest on Loan to a Company 190
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 175
- Agent fees to sell business 166
- Alphabet shares 161
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 155