AIA and interaction with disposal
I have a client who is in his second year of trade.
As we did not claim all of his AIAs last year as they were not needed we have a balance in the brought forward pool of 10k.
One of the items purchased last year has had some enhancement expenditure on it this year (2k) and it was sold in this year for 15k.
Other items have been purchased totalling 50k. (We do not need to claim all as AIA, only circa £30k)
I was wondering 2 things, firstly does the enhancement expenditure qualify for AIA as asset sold in same year?
Secondly, is there a balancing charge in the pool (ie 10k less 15 disposal proceeds) giving a 5k charge and then I will claim the balance of what I need as AIA before transferring remainder into the pool to be carried forward.
Do I simply deduct the disposal proceeds from the Additions qualifying for AIA, give what I need as AIA and trans balance to pool.
The end result is the same, its just what is correct? Method 1 gives an AIA of 30 and a Bal Charge of £5k, whereas Method 2 will just give an AIA of 25
CA23086 seems to suggest Method 1 is correct - however the layout of the software suggests perhaps 2 is correct.
- Client handover issues with national online practice 61 2
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 12 1
- A trust shall not want for a trustee 129 4
- Homing sandwiches 594 14
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 53 1
- format cell to exclude decimals 126 10
- Use of home query 236 3
- Settlement discount 223 6
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 181 3
- Entrepreeur's relief 61 1
- IT advisory questions? 318 8
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,599 21
- experian and credit agencies 83 1
- Limited company to community interest company 75 1
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 524 10
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 217 5
- Error in audited accounts 272 3
- CIS software 145 3
- Pratice Management Software 229 3
- signature required 615 22
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,268
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 839
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 531
- Digita Hosted Software 347
- Credit where credit's due....... 324
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 249
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 206
- TheTax Donut 193
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 172
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 167