AIA and interaction with disposal
I have a client who is in his second year of trade.
As we did not claim all of his AIAs last year as they were not needed we have a balance in the brought forward pool of 10k.
One of the items purchased last year has had some enhancement expenditure on it this year (2k) and it was sold in this year for 15k.
Other items have been purchased totalling 50k. (We do not need to claim all as AIA, only circa £30k)
I was wondering 2 things, firstly does the enhancement expenditure qualify for AIA as asset sold in same year?
Secondly, is there a balancing charge in the pool (ie 10k less 15 disposal proceeds) giving a 5k charge and then I will claim the balance of what I need as AIA before transferring remainder into the pool to be carried forward.
Do I simply deduct the disposal proceeds from the Additions qualifying for AIA, give what I need as AIA and trans balance to pool.
The end result is the same, its just what is correct? Method 1 gives an AIA of 30 and a Bal Charge of £5k, whereas Method 2 will just give an AIA of 25
CA23086 seems to suggest Method 1 is correct - however the layout of the software suggests perhaps 2 is correct.
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 738 9
- No Contact From Client - When to Disengage? 362 2
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 814 12
- Legal Fees Allowable in dispute 246 6
- Car benefit or not? 1,422 17
- Associate Dentist SD86 much higher than deductions 143 1
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 455 9
- HMRC site still hasn't updated for January SA filings 473 5
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 516 16
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 312 5
- Viewing folder contens en masse 226 6
- Auto Enrolment 126 1
- Not renewing AAT 884 11
- Company ceased trading 154 4
- Questions from Liquidator 2,140 22
- Casual Driver 418 6
- Email encryption 1,473 16
- New dividend taxation 757 4
- Another question on trusts and settlements 89 1
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,326 25
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 687
- Property letting & CAs 417
- 2015 tax year end 414
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 400
- FCA regulated company in a small group 355
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 331
- Costly Accounting Software contract 271
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 244
- DTA tie-breaker issue 230
- Directors' advances and credits 229