AIA and interaction with disposal
I have a client who is in his second year of trade.
As we did not claim all of his AIAs last year as they were not needed we have a balance in the brought forward pool of 10k.
One of the items purchased last year has had some enhancement expenditure on it this year (2k) and it was sold in this year for 15k.
Other items have been purchased totalling 50k. (We do not need to claim all as AIA, only circa £30k)
I was wondering 2 things, firstly does the enhancement expenditure qualify for AIA as asset sold in same year?
Secondly, is there a balancing charge in the pool (ie 10k less 15 disposal proceeds) giving a 5k charge and then I will claim the balance of what I need as AIA before transferring remainder into the pool to be carried forward.
Do I simply deduct the disposal proceeds from the Additions qualifying for AIA, give what I need as AIA and trans balance to pool.
The end result is the same, its just what is correct? Method 1 gives an AIA of 30 and a Bal Charge of £5k, whereas Method 2 will just give an AIA of 25
CA23086 seems to suggest Method 1 is correct - however the layout of the software suggests perhaps 2 is correct.
- vat gross margins 170 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 149 4
- e mail 59 1
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 778 8
- Auto enrolment 562 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,335 6
- VAT on new build property 136 2
- Auto enrolment 289 9
- SAGE 50 2011 113 1
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 161 3
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,621 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,845 22
- Loss on sale of goodwill 175 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 884 18
- 1st year reporting under FRS 102 - Property revaluation 249 5
- IFA giving dodgy advice? 378 9
- Recommendations for Accounting Software 274 4
- Training (again) 333 4
- Online Back Up 433 9
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 207 5
- NHS finance professionals 667
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 410
- Foreign Pension Contribution 375
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 363
- vat gross profit percentage margins 356
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 347
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 309
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 271
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 226
- IFA income recognition & reporting 211