AIA and interaction with disposal
I have a client who is in his second year of trade.
As we did not claim all of his AIAs last year as they were not needed we have a balance in the brought forward pool of 10k.
One of the items purchased last year has had some enhancement expenditure on it this year (2k) and it was sold in this year for 15k.
Other items have been purchased totalling 50k. (We do not need to claim all as AIA, only circa £30k)
I was wondering 2 things, firstly does the enhancement expenditure qualify for AIA as asset sold in same year?
Secondly, is there a balancing charge in the pool (ie 10k less 15 disposal proceeds) giving a 5k charge and then I will claim the balance of what I need as AIA before transferring remainder into the pool to be carried forward.
Do I simply deduct the disposal proceeds from the Additions qualifying for AIA, give what I need as AIA and trans balance to pool.
The end result is the same, its just what is correct? Method 1 gives an AIA of 30 and a Bal Charge of £5k, whereas Method 2 will just give an AIA of 25
CA23086 seems to suggest Method 1 is correct - however the layout of the software suggests perhaps 2 is correct.
- How does one compete? 685 9
- Great Service 1,257 17
- Keytime 320 4
- Deadline for appeal against late filing 132 2
- About your hairdresser clients 529 21
- Pool vehicle with age restriction 93 2
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 2,593 29
- Income for self employed associate dentist? 134 1
- Redundancy for husband and wife ltd co 134 2
- Transferring Shares From Manx Co to Cayman Island Co 138 3
- Nine-Page Engagement Letters 763 13
- Trust setting on HMRC CT600 132 4
- Employee tears suit... 253 3
- PAYE & NIC 767 35
- Related party not trading -should debt be written off ? 89 1
- Income £10k salary and £20k net dividends 493 16
- £NIL EPS's wiping out CIS deductions 288 4
- When was the requirement for Ltd. company to have at least two shareholders abolished? 241 5
- HMRC's "HVA" list .... High Volume Agents 746 9
- Sports Club and Partial Exemption for VAT 194 1
- Sanzar 532
- Digital marketing focus group 415
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 381
- Sainsbury's mangement 380
- Continuity Agreement 355
- Avanti Accounts 353
- Buyback 306
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 254
- Aggresive sales from Iris 250
- Charity volunteers and mileage 213