AIA and interaction with disposal
I have a client who is in his second year of trade.
As we did not claim all of his AIAs last year as they were not needed we have a balance in the brought forward pool of 10k.
One of the items purchased last year has had some enhancement expenditure on it this year (2k) and it was sold in this year for 15k.
Other items have been purchased totalling 50k. (We do not need to claim all as AIA, only circa £30k)
I was wondering 2 things, firstly does the enhancement expenditure qualify for AIA as asset sold in same year?
Secondly, is there a balancing charge in the pool (ie 10k less 15 disposal proceeds) giving a 5k charge and then I will claim the balance of what I need as AIA before transferring remainder into the pool to be carried forward.
Do I simply deduct the disposal proceeds from the Additions qualifying for AIA, give what I need as AIA and trans balance to pool.
The end result is the same, its just what is correct? Method 1 gives an AIA of 30 and a Bal Charge of £5k, whereas Method 2 will just give an AIA of 25
CA23086 seems to suggest Method 1 is correct - however the layout of the software suggests perhaps 2 is correct.
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 83 4
- ICPA 396 6
- Do I need to see receipts ? 639 10
- Share disclosure re- Power of Attorney 128 5
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 505 12
- VAT on services to EC customer 148 3
- Delayed option to tax 168 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 178 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 824 23
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 325 3
- Cloud backups – know what you are getting … 406 7
- Redundancy Pay 313 4
- question about merging two companies... 194 1
- Latest repayment email =interesting paragraph 428 3
- CG on Spanish property disposal 228 7
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 482 5
- VAT charged on non-VAT Invoice 301 6
- Stand alone practice management software 1,234 20
- Submit P11D for 2014 2015 with no Paye Scheme in place 223 3
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 277 5
- Sainsbury's mangement 816
- Avanti Accounts 672
- Have I done the right thing? 641
- Calling franchise accountants 629
- Continuity Agreement 625
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 482
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 356
- Scammers 320
- Advice please! 226
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 210