AIA and interaction with disposal
I have a client who is in his second year of trade.
As we did not claim all of his AIAs last year as they were not needed we have a balance in the brought forward pool of 10k.
One of the items purchased last year has had some enhancement expenditure on it this year (2k) and it was sold in this year for 15k.
Other items have been purchased totalling 50k. (We do not need to claim all as AIA, only circa £30k)
I was wondering 2 things, firstly does the enhancement expenditure qualify for AIA as asset sold in same year?
Secondly, is there a balancing charge in the pool (ie 10k less 15 disposal proceeds) giving a 5k charge and then I will claim the balance of what I need as AIA before transferring remainder into the pool to be carried forward.
Do I simply deduct the disposal proceeds from the Additions qualifying for AIA, give what I need as AIA and trans balance to pool.
The end result is the same, its just what is correct? Method 1 gives an AIA of 30 and a Bal Charge of £5k, whereas Method 2 will just give an AIA of 25
CA23086 seems to suggest Method 1 is correct - however the layout of the software suggests perhaps 2 is correct.
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,761 23
- Running two businesses from the same premises 57 1
- Late Registration for VAT 159 5
- Registering a company late 217 6
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 258 4
- physiotherapy clinic 545 3
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,894 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 77 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,004 25
- Deferred Tax 115 1
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 66 1
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 404 7
- How much of your work is admin? 165 1
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,790 19
- Goodwill complications 144 2
- Personal pension 213 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 171 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 293 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 248 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 984 26
- TheTax Donut 1,009
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 668
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 617
- Follower cases 484
- Limited company purchase of property 410
- Hive up 406
- corporate hierarchy 378
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 373
- LIVE chat, starting now 317
- AIA or IFA 206