AIA and interaction with disposal
I have a client who is in his second year of trade.
As we did not claim all of his AIAs last year as they were not needed we have a balance in the brought forward pool of 10k.
One of the items purchased last year has had some enhancement expenditure on it this year (2k) and it was sold in this year for 15k.
Other items have been purchased totalling 50k. (We do not need to claim all as AIA, only circa £30k)
I was wondering 2 things, firstly does the enhancement expenditure qualify for AIA as asset sold in same year?
Secondly, is there a balancing charge in the pool (ie 10k less 15 disposal proceeds) giving a 5k charge and then I will claim the balance of what I need as AIA before transferring remainder into the pool to be carried forward.
Do I simply deduct the disposal proceeds from the Additions qualifying for AIA, give what I need as AIA and trans balance to pool.
The end result is the same, its just what is correct? Method 1 gives an AIA of 30 and a Bal Charge of £5k, whereas Method 2 will just give an AIA of 25
CA23086 seems to suggest Method 1 is correct - however the layout of the software suggests perhaps 2 is correct.
- P11D & tax return 236 10
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 108 4
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 499 10
- Identify cost savings 74 1
- Freelance/Employee 903 22
- VAT on children's clothing 133 4
- when is a bad debt a bad debt 213 6
- Why do I get the feeling ... 372 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 2,416 50
- Concurrent users 425 7
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 75 1
- Member meet up 1 October in London 218 6
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,558 18
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 264 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 468 8
- Fees 721 7
- Creation of leases out of freehold 166 2
- Selling Business 322 2
- Capital Goods Scheme 142 6
- HMRC incompetency 387 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 796
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 437
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 388
- Electric Car 327
- S222 Charge 264
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 235
- AIA 209
- IP trans to holding company 209
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 197
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 165