AIA and interaction with disposal
I have a client who is in his second year of trade.
As we did not claim all of his AIAs last year as they were not needed we have a balance in the brought forward pool of 10k.
One of the items purchased last year has had some enhancement expenditure on it this year (2k) and it was sold in this year for 15k.
Other items have been purchased totalling 50k. (We do not need to claim all as AIA, only circa £30k)
I was wondering 2 things, firstly does the enhancement expenditure qualify for AIA as asset sold in same year?
Secondly, is there a balancing charge in the pool (ie 10k less 15 disposal proceeds) giving a 5k charge and then I will claim the balance of what I need as AIA before transferring remainder into the pool to be carried forward.
Do I simply deduct the disposal proceeds from the Additions qualifying for AIA, give what I need as AIA and trans balance to pool.
The end result is the same, its just what is correct? Method 1 gives an AIA of 30 and a Bal Charge of £5k, whereas Method 2 will just give an AIA of 25
CA23086 seems to suggest Method 1 is correct - however the layout of the software suggests perhaps 2 is correct.
- IHT Query 435 11
- Audit and paypal balances 172 7
- Missing C79 151 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 483 16
- VAT margin scheme 265 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 297 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,728 17
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 96 1
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 123 2
- Get it off your chest 246 4
- Directors bonus 151 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 105 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 283 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 256 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 172 3
- break even point 1,120 33
- The return 795 27
- Sell business after leaving country 335 6
- Profit & Loss accounts filling when tax is withheld overseas 94 2
- Charity accounting 90 2
- Possible Partnership? 556
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 553
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 481
- New Fangled Penalties 354
- Clubs and Taxable Income 292
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 274
- Loans to other companies 219
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 212
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 178
- Outsource Data Entry 176