AIA and interaction with disposal
I have a client who is in his second year of trade.
As we did not claim all of his AIAs last year as they were not needed we have a balance in the brought forward pool of 10k.
One of the items purchased last year has had some enhancement expenditure on it this year (2k) and it was sold in this year for 15k.
Other items have been purchased totalling 50k. (We do not need to claim all as AIA, only circa £30k)
I was wondering 2 things, firstly does the enhancement expenditure qualify for AIA as asset sold in same year?
Secondly, is there a balancing charge in the pool (ie 10k less 15 disposal proceeds) giving a 5k charge and then I will claim the balance of what I need as AIA before transferring remainder into the pool to be carried forward.
Do I simply deduct the disposal proceeds from the Additions qualifying for AIA, give what I need as AIA and trans balance to pool.
The end result is the same, its just what is correct? Method 1 gives an AIA of 30 and a Bal Charge of £5k, whereas Method 2 will just give an AIA of 25
CA23086 seems to suggest Method 1 is correct - however the layout of the software suggests perhaps 2 is correct.
- Investment properties revaluation 187 9
- Company Name - Number of Characters 125 4
- Tax Allowance on University Course 1,797 8
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 689 22
- Banks and box ticking 59 2
- Correct treatment when one company absorbs another 36 1
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 69 2
- Lloyds bank ... 216 2
- Bulk Invoicing 70 2
- cancellation of Engagement 469 12
- Profit or Capital Gain 109 3
- How to complain about HMRC 359 11
- Protocol on SEIS & EIS 98 4
- Car leased by Co, cost made good in full. Am I missing a trick? 199 7
- FRS percentage 222 5
- Adding Tables to Wizard 53 1
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 484 5
- Companies House 865 7
- Accountancy work for Farmers 324 12
- PAYE for a babysitter? 381 17
- CTA study material 666
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 403
- Employment related securities question 252
- ATED Penalties 227
- AIM Stocks and IHT 205
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 183
- Trust for Employee 168
- Expat pension contributions? 161
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 125
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 111