AIA and interaction with disposal
I have a client who is in his second year of trade.
As we did not claim all of his AIAs last year as they were not needed we have a balance in the brought forward pool of 10k.
One of the items purchased last year has had some enhancement expenditure on it this year (2k) and it was sold in this year for 15k.
Other items have been purchased totalling 50k. (We do not need to claim all as AIA, only circa £30k)
I was wondering 2 things, firstly does the enhancement expenditure qualify for AIA as asset sold in same year?
Secondly, is there a balancing charge in the pool (ie 10k less 15 disposal proceeds) giving a 5k charge and then I will claim the balance of what I need as AIA before transferring remainder into the pool to be carried forward.
Do I simply deduct the disposal proceeds from the Additions qualifying for AIA, give what I need as AIA and trans balance to pool.
The end result is the same, its just what is correct? Method 1 gives an AIA of 30 and a Bal Charge of £5k, whereas Method 2 will just give an AIA of 25
CA23086 seems to suggest Method 1 is correct - however the layout of the software suggests perhaps 2 is correct.
- Tax - Paying Yearly 135 7
- Entrepreneur's Relief Query 112 1
- When is commencing trading not commening trading 156 3
- Income tax: Interaction between new marriage allowance and new nil band on savings interest 174 1
- charities 205 3
- Anyone using PracticePA? 221 3
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 422 4
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 272 6
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 95 1
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 171 2
- New company uses old Bank Account 213 2
- converting garage to use as office 277 2
- recommended auto-enrolment pension scheme providers 646 13
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 124 2
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 327 7
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,180 11
- Strike off 434 9
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 144 2
- auto enrolment 284 1
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 330 6
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 375
- Any thoughts on Capium? 331
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 292
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 267
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 252
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 228
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 176
- French ConnectionUK 164
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 158
- APN's 154