AIA and interaction with disposal
I have a client who is in his second year of trade.
As we did not claim all of his AIAs last year as they were not needed we have a balance in the brought forward pool of 10k.
One of the items purchased last year has had some enhancement expenditure on it this year (2k) and it was sold in this year for 15k.
Other items have been purchased totalling 50k. (We do not need to claim all as AIA, only circa £30k)
I was wondering 2 things, firstly does the enhancement expenditure qualify for AIA as asset sold in same year?
Secondly, is there a balancing charge in the pool (ie 10k less 15 disposal proceeds) giving a 5k charge and then I will claim the balance of what I need as AIA before transferring remainder into the pool to be carried forward.
Do I simply deduct the disposal proceeds from the Additions qualifying for AIA, give what I need as AIA and trans balance to pool.
The end result is the same, its just what is correct? Method 1 gives an AIA of 30 and a Bal Charge of £5k, whereas Method 2 will just give an AIA of 25
CA23086 seems to suggest Method 1 is correct - however the layout of the software suggests perhaps 2 is correct.
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 90 5
- Audit 224 6
- Awkward IP 1,289 13
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 586 18
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 734 22
- Do I need to pay my accountant 947 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,105 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 117 1
- carry back of gift aid 185 3
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 303 8
- What's in a name ? 1,024 8
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 899 10
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 230 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 563 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 240 3
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 412 6
- Potentially dodgy client 458 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 569 28
- Entrepeneurs relief 475 18
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 408 9
- CTA study material 787
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 485
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 431
- Employment related securities question 314
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 270
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 265
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 204
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154