AIA and interaction with disposal
I have a client who is in his second year of trade.
As we did not claim all of his AIAs last year as they were not needed we have a balance in the brought forward pool of 10k.
One of the items purchased last year has had some enhancement expenditure on it this year (2k) and it was sold in this year for 15k.
Other items have been purchased totalling 50k. (We do not need to claim all as AIA, only circa £30k)
I was wondering 2 things, firstly does the enhancement expenditure qualify for AIA as asset sold in same year?
Secondly, is there a balancing charge in the pool (ie 10k less 15 disposal proceeds) giving a 5k charge and then I will claim the balance of what I need as AIA before transferring remainder into the pool to be carried forward.
Do I simply deduct the disposal proceeds from the Additions qualifying for AIA, give what I need as AIA and trans balance to pool.
The end result is the same, its just what is correct? Method 1 gives an AIA of 30 and a Bal Charge of £5k, whereas Method 2 will just give an AIA of 25
CA23086 seems to suggest Method 1 is correct - however the layout of the software suggests perhaps 2 is correct.
- R&D tax credits 142 7
- Sage Payroll 272 6
- FBI2 225 5
- Rent -sole trader 148 2
- Pension enolement 17 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,115 14
- Little Green Man needs help HGV driver LTD company 320 8
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 313 1
- Trust income, R185 form 114 2
- Trust 128 2
- Before 2015 budget did dividend income impact on savings tax rate up to 2014-2015? 396 11
- Tax-free savings and "taxable income" 3,027 57
- Client's company struck off 2,258 27
- Sale of land at an undervalue in return for an income stream? 48 2
- sage 221 5
- Pre trading expenditure 86 1
- Reverse charge on services between UK and IE 115 2
- Double entry 292 6
- ATED on a hotel that isn't in use? 141 2
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 1,186 18
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 549
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 472
- EPS and CIS deductions 331
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 313
- Construction CIS LLP Company 307
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 274
- Overdrawn director account 232
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 208
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 207
- How many April fools? 182