AIA, Sole trader -Yr of cessation - would this work
Sole trader incorporated on 1 November 2011.
Plant and machinery bought in May 2011.
Normally accounts are to 31 March.
She would like to claim the AIA as a sole trader. Could she have a shorter accounting period to, say 31 October, so she could claim the AIA, as a sole trader.
Then the final period would be 1 Nov 2011 - 31 March 2012.
Or would that not work, because there are two accounting dates between 6 April 2011 - 5 April 2012, so the basis period would remain as the 12 months to 31 March 2012??
(thanks for any help - have been going round in circles with this, so now can't see the obvious answer)
- 27,000 Really? 892 26
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,198 65
- Deduction from Salary 615 15
- inheritance tax 343 11
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 401 5
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 243 7
- Group Audit Thresholds 339 10
- One off meeting new client 1,661 16
- Legal title not in the company name 743 22
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 255 3
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 524 4
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 185 3
- NALS Accountants Report 341 5
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,230 44
- Farm barn lettings 226 4
- Are Locum Optician Travel Costs Allowable? 295 4
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 196 5
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 289 7
- Sole properietor 413 7
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,595 12
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 392
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 352
- Cancelled 333
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 305
- Probiz 298
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 276
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 256
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 221
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 196