AIA, Sole trader -Yr of cessation - would this work
Sole trader incorporated on 1 November 2011.
Plant and machinery bought in May 2011.
Normally accounts are to 31 March.
She would like to claim the AIA as a sole trader. Could she have a shorter accounting period to, say 31 October, so she could claim the AIA, as a sole trader.
Then the final period would be 1 Nov 2011 - 31 March 2012.
Or would that not work, because there are two accounting dates between 6 April 2011 - 5 April 2012, so the basis period would remain as the 12 months to 31 March 2012??
(thanks for any help - have been going round in circles with this, so now can't see the obvious answer)
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 612 22
- FAO BTC tech geek type people 129 2
- Benefit in Kind 361 8
- Help with CGT please 136 3
- How much does the company pay 179 3
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 912 12
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,491 5
- Lack of VAT Receipt 169 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 324 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 333 17
- Will I need to resign? 969 11
- Cocaine anyone? 710 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 266 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 197 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 222 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 187 2
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 753 13
- Personal pension 465 9
- Business rates consultancy 280 4
- Wrong tax code 224 6
- Hive up 525
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 482
- corporate hierarchy 460
- Advice - 306
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 251
- WWOOFers 247
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 226
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 204
- The booking.com con 201
- Cocaine anyone? 184