AIA, Sole trader -Yr of cessation - would this work
Sole trader incorporated on 1 November 2011.
Plant and machinery bought in May 2011.
Normally accounts are to 31 March.
She would like to claim the AIA as a sole trader. Could she have a shorter accounting period to, say 31 October, so she could claim the AIA, as a sole trader.
Then the final period would be 1 Nov 2011 - 31 March 2012.
Or would that not work, because there are two accounting dates between 6 April 2011 - 5 April 2012, so the basis period would remain as the 12 months to 31 March 2012??
(thanks for any help - have been going round in circles with this, so now can't see the obvious answer)
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 62 2
- Network marketing client - how does it work? 162 6
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 664 4
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 79 1
- cold file reviewer needed 58 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 700 10
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 1,153 10
- Auto Enrolment - Again I assume 1,370 14
- Companies House iphone app - alternatives? 150 2
- Retained Earnings - loss 212 10
- A very basic T9 or T0 Question... 100 2
- break even point 859 23
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 414 3
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 646 19
- National Insurance Contributions 192 4
- VAT for Small Property Development Company 171 6
- Limited Company trading status. 92 1
- ANIMAL ADOPTION SCHEME 184 1
- Dividends 150 1
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 398 11
- Possible Partnership? 492
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 468
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 454
- New Fangled Penalties 283
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 248
- Clubs and Taxable Income 246
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 246
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 238
- Loans to other companies 186
- Tasbook email configuration 175