AIA, Sole trader -Yr of cessation - would this work
Sole trader incorporated on 1 November 2011.
Plant and machinery bought in May 2011.
Normally accounts are to 31 March.
She would like to claim the AIA as a sole trader. Could she have a shorter accounting period to, say 31 October, so she could claim the AIA, as a sole trader.
Then the final period would be 1 Nov 2011 - 31 March 2012.
Or would that not work, because there are two accounting dates between 6 April 2011 - 5 April 2012, so the basis period would remain as the 12 months to 31 March 2012??
(thanks for any help - have been going round in circles with this, so now can't see the obvious answer)
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 393 13
- Awkward IP 1,043 12
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 273 7
- What's in a name ? 861 8
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 546 17
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 780 10
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 95 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 541 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 211 3
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,067 11
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 341 6
- Potentially dodgy client 342 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 550 28
- Entrepeneurs relief 443 18
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 397 9
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 524 23
- Do I need to pay my accountant 694 8
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 204 6
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 332 5
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 157 2
- CTA study material 781
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 420
- Employment related securities question 313
- AIM Stocks and IHT 290
- Expat pension contributions? 267
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 263
- Trust for Employee 247
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 199
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 150