AIA, Sole trader -Yr of cessation - would this work
Sole trader incorporated on 1 November 2011.
Plant and machinery bought in May 2011.
Normally accounts are to 31 March.
She would like to claim the AIA as a sole trader. Could she have a shorter accounting period to, say 31 October, so she could claim the AIA, as a sole trader.
Then the final period would be 1 Nov 2011 - 31 March 2012.
Or would that not work, because there are two accounting dates between 6 April 2011 - 5 April 2012, so the basis period would remain as the 12 months to 31 March 2012??
(thanks for any help - have been going round in circles with this, so now can't see the obvious answer)
- Closing my business down 59 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 836 34
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 252 6
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 247 4
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 190 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 77 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 579 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,238 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,462 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 183 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 88 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 284 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 82 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,089 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 404 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 146 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 215 3
- FPS or EPS 162 2
- Continuity of Practice 216 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 141 2
- Moving away from CCH software 953
- QROP pension input amounts 440
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 382
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 357
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 325
- fraud 284
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 257
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 228
- Construction CIS LLP Company 212
- EPS and CIS deductions 199