AIA, Sole trader -Yr of cessation - would this work
Sole trader incorporated on 1 November 2011.
Plant and machinery bought in May 2011.
Normally accounts are to 31 March.
She would like to claim the AIA as a sole trader. Could she have a shorter accounting period to, say 31 October, so she could claim the AIA, as a sole trader.
Then the final period would be 1 Nov 2011 - 31 March 2012.
Or would that not work, because there are two accounting dates between 6 April 2011 - 5 April 2012, so the basis period would remain as the 12 months to 31 March 2012??
(thanks for any help - have been going round in circles with this, so now can't see the obvious answer)
- Auto-Enrolment 3,730 178
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 204 11
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 544 6
- First VAT Visit for client 47 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 98 3
- capital gains on PPR 1,419 21
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 271 9
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 226 14
- Incorporation Relief 88 1
- What type of Trust? 141 3
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 130 5
- OBK 582 19
- Instant CPD offer 129 2
- Dividend in specie 123 2
- Investor exit 104 2
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 162 4
- Flat Rate Scheme - Joining date 77 1
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,751 26
- Sage error message 152 2
- Partially exempt? 182 5
- Skandia using wrong address 465
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 269
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 264
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 208
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 207
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 192
- Etax Australian 165
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 154