AIA, Sole trader -Yr of cessation - would this work
Sole trader incorporated on 1 November 2011.
Plant and machinery bought in May 2011.
Normally accounts are to 31 March.
She would like to claim the AIA as a sole trader. Could she have a shorter accounting period to, say 31 October, so she could claim the AIA, as a sole trader.
Then the final period would be 1 Nov 2011 - 31 March 2012.
Or would that not work, because there are two accounting dates between 6 April 2011 - 5 April 2012, so the basis period would remain as the 12 months to 31 March 2012??
(thanks for any help - have been going round in circles with this, so now can't see the obvious answer)
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 129 4
- LLP classification of division of profit 118 3
- Ltd company or sole trader 82 2
- Fee protection 108 2
- deductions for OMB companies 166 2
- Insolvent Liquidation 108 1
- insolvency ip control 156 1
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 306 3
- Free Agent data? 99 1
- Generic PAYE notices 87 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 130 3
- Mature student with NO GCSEs or A levels but with very solid 2:1 degree, needs help? 520 9
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 539 12
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 78 1
- UK company avoiding tax 194 2
- Finland 78 1
- With or without a practicing certificate 968 20
- Is HMRC iXBRL filing only available for small audit exempt companies 174 4
- What do you class as Research and Development for R&D Tax Relief 506 8
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,202 40
- Xtuple 480
- Qtac payroll for bureau 323
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 270
- Industrial & Provident Societies 260
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 201
- Mehjoo 198
- Changes in NHS pensions 166
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 165
- New strategic report 159
- South African Government Pension 138