AIA, Sole trader -Yr of cessation - would this work
Sole trader incorporated on 1 November 2011.
Plant and machinery bought in May 2011.
Normally accounts are to 31 March.
She would like to claim the AIA as a sole trader. Could she have a shorter accounting period to, say 31 October, so she could claim the AIA, as a sole trader.
Then the final period would be 1 Nov 2011 - 31 March 2012.
Or would that not work, because there are two accounting dates between 6 April 2011 - 5 April 2012, so the basis period would remain as the 12 months to 31 March 2012??
(thanks for any help - have been going round in circles with this, so now can't see the obvious answer)
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 37 2
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 135 2
- Company assets 336 15
- Self assessment 134 1
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 117 2
- Claiming VAT 98 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,093 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 167 4
- MoneySoft 116 1
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 263 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 263 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 149 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 497 9
- Director resignation 736 21
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,794 30
- Additional information attached to accounts 155 1
- CIS Only Scheme 105 1
- No payroll scheme in place 342 1
- Xero Training 392 3
- SA Penalty 234 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 503
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 476
- Is there anything wrong with this? 278
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 264
- Uncommercial property business 241
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 203
- Registering online CWF1 183
- Accrued income scheme 178
- VAT - registration needed? 174
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 174