AIA, Sole trader -Yr of cessation - would this work
Sole trader incorporated on 1 November 2011.
Plant and machinery bought in May 2011.
Normally accounts are to 31 March.
She would like to claim the AIA as a sole trader. Could she have a shorter accounting period to, say 31 October, so she could claim the AIA, as a sole trader.
Then the final period would be 1 Nov 2011 - 31 March 2012.
Or would that not work, because there are two accounting dates between 6 April 2011 - 5 April 2012, so the basis period would remain as the 12 months to 31 March 2012??
(thanks for any help - have been going round in circles with this, so now can't see the obvious answer)
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 102 2
- recommended auto-enrolment pension scheme providers 616 12
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 315 7
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,128 11
- Strike off 410 9
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 117 2
- auto enrolment 275 1
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 302 6
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 329 3
- converting garage to use as office 183 1
- Private use of vans 148 1
- My friend may have unknowingly participated in a tax avoidance scheme... 670 6
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,147 92
- Directors pension 267 3
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 620 24
- Bookkeeping for voluntary organisations 134 1
- accounts software for a hotel 180 4
- Final CT Return - liquidating company 125 1
- charities 181 2
- Seeking advice: Penalty for 3-year Non-notified Self-Employed? 300 3
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 372
- Any thoughts on Capium? 322
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 290
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 266
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 251
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 223
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 176
- French ConnectionUK 161
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 158
- Income tax: Interaction between new marriage allowance and new nil band on savings interest 155