AIA, Sole trader -Yr of cessation - would this work
Sole trader incorporated on 1 November 2011.
Plant and machinery bought in May 2011.
Normally accounts are to 31 March.
She would like to claim the AIA as a sole trader. Could she have a shorter accounting period to, say 31 October, so she could claim the AIA, as a sole trader.
Then the final period would be 1 Nov 2011 - 31 March 2012.
Or would that not work, because there are two accounting dates between 6 April 2011 - 5 April 2012, so the basis period would remain as the 12 months to 31 March 2012??
(thanks for any help - have been going round in circles with this, so now can't see the obvious answer)
- VAT Invoice 243 7
- VAT on sale of an Asset 102 1
- Cash in Hand 198 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 203 5
- are receipts needed? 642 17
- SA302's anyone?? 629 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 339 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 160 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 360 12
- Busines software 195 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 222 6
- Converting a barn for business use 192 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 324 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 333 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 499 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 349 3
- Bookkeping software 742 7
- Clogged Losses 293 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 289 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 673 10
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 911
- International interest certificate 525
- NOVA 375
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 337
- Management expenses for investment company 279
- Bonus Bonds 277
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 187
- EXACT ONLINE 172
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 172
- P11D benefit received by widow 168