Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 974 27
- Inflation and fees 1,299 24
- Sage Priority Support 140 3
- incorrect old p60 247 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 125 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 798 24
- Micro-entity accounts 81 1
- Related party disclosure 143 3
- Company reconstruction 73 1
- Missing tax return 254 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 209 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 104 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 137 1
- Advice please! 385 2
- VAT on new builds 154 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 118 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 349 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,943 28
- Redundancy Pay 446 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 736 6