Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- Fastest Software 645 11
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 89 1
- Where did it go? 224 2
- cancellation of Engagement 107 2
- Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme Charges 84 1
- Feuding directors 236 8
- VAT Registration for Building Company 94 2
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 480 12
- Vat threshold issues 1,891 14
- Company Accounts - Limited company 606 5
- Dispensing with accounting periods, with nested ledgers. 205 3
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 227 4
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 86 1
- Benefit fraud 3,417 49
- SA Tax Returns 151 3
- Agent Change of Postal Address 133 2
- Consolidated accounts 118 2
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 1,021 24
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 357 12
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 1,399 22
- CTA study material 650
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 393
- Employment related securities question 243
- ATED Penalties 219
- AIM Stocks and IHT 198
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 164
- Trust for Employee 151
- Expat pension contributions? 147
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 133
- Capital allowances 121