Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 260 5
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 193 4
- SA302 288 6
- Go Cardless 338 9
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 242 3
- Hmrc software 230 3
- Mehjoo 273 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 118 1
- Hosted email exchange 175 5
- South African Government Pension 182 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 169 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 293 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 310 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 247 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 151 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 290 7
- New Email Extensions 208 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 325 2
- Dental practice incorpration 162 1
- Audit rules 186 4
- Xtuple 512
- Qtac payroll for bureau 351
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 295
- Industrial & Provident Societies 286
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 228
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 185
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 185
- Domain name sale and limited company 173
- CIS schemes 167
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 147