Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 237 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 756 17
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,551 42
- CIC Company 384 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,651 57
- Is this a scam? 757 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 116 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 330 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 236 5
- New company - form a group? 157 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 175 4
- PITA client 217 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 367 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,313 33
- Dividend dates 490 8
- R&D tax credit claim 218 5
- CIS Deductions 272 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 115 1
- is this fraud? 789 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 496 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 598
- Cancelled 347
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 332
- Cancelled 283
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 255
- Probiz 242
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 187
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 177
- Car leasing scheme 176
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 156