Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- Starting up in practice - safety net 170 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 347 9
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 99 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 332 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 225 4
- Rental property company 111 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 318 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 263 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 386 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 161 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 200 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 148 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 500 5
- Director's tax return 401 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 189 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,140 34
- Flat rate vat 245 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 197 5
- Coming in from the cold 400 3
- Splitting the tax year 197 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 822
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 572
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 439
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 320
- Free Tax Legislation? 294
- Director Loan account operation 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 263
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 260
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 239
- Paye procedures for CVA 180