Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 568 14
- Regular Director bonus 338 7
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 728 12
- BIK for an electric car 125 2
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 967 15
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 68 2
- BrightPay 1,009 29
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,586 90
- HMRC Summons for £14k 385 5
- Corporation Tax Software 347 10
- How do I save face? 2,123 14
- Goodie bag 2,949 72
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 89 1
- How many associated companies 163 2
- Signed accounts for a lender 424 17
- can I approach clients ? 882 11
- Secure document exchange 582 6
- New Agency rules - who's responsible? 157 2
- FreeAgent question 332 8
- Mortgage interest 129 1
- Possible Partnership? 680
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 530
- Fuming! 493
- New Fangled Penalties 465
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 329
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 271
- Moving away from CCH software 257
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 250
- Outsource Data Entry 249
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 202