Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 253 15
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 455 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 538 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 149 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 286 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 105 2
- Limited company buying a car 131 3
- ACCA practice certificates 491 5
- Limited company buying director's car 286 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 71 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 86 1
- WC's and capital allowances 172 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 300 13
- Dress code 1,544 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 475 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 253 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 375 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 471 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 181 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 105 3
- CTA study material 767
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 477
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 395
- Employment related securities question 308
- AIM Stocks and IHT 279
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 257
- Expat pension contributions? 255
- Trust for Employee 233
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 173
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 147