Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- Am i Liable? 203 6
- directors overdrawn loan account 90 1
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 115 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 212 10
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 95 1
- Added years superannuation 75 2
- Giving a seminar 545 30
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 204 1
- JIEB Exams 141 1
- RTI 111 1
- Christmas party 130 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 756 10
- Checking a contract 301 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 314 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 245 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 168 7
- VAT on garage rent 331 14
- Value-shifting 88 1
- Pattern for CTA 215 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 459 18
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,221
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 609
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 410
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 316
- Alphabet shares 192
- Agent fees to sell business 190
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 188
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 183
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 167
- Office recharges 150