Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- 100% Xero practice 2,118 35
- Vat treatment of charity business income 109 6
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 863 18
- Company Accounts 125 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,196 343
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 188 6
- Donations (to a school!) 432 11
- Vat on Royalites 83 1
- Umbrella Company 146 2
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 432 24
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 82 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 161 5
- Mortgage deposit Gift 433 18
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 173 3
- property rental income split 258 3
- Shadow director or alternative? 468 4
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 140 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 101 2
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,275 5
- Use of home for storage 336 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,189
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 405
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 310
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 261
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 237
- Non Resident 222
- Franchise income and costs 205
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 162