Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- Help with CGT please 111 3
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 581 21
- How much does the company pay 135 3
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 890 12
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,481 5
- Lack of VAT Receipt 148 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 319 6
- Benefit in Kind 325 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 328 17
- Will I need to resign? 962 11
- Cocaine anyone? 692 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 263 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 180 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 207 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 185 2
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 739 13
- Personal pension 461 9
- Business rates consultancy 279 4
- Wrong tax code 206 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 126 2
- Hive up 525
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 480
- corporate hierarchy 460
- Advice - 303
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 251
- WWOOFers 247
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 226
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 203
- The booking.com con 195
- Cocaine anyone? 180