Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 209 6
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 227 5
- Employed clients and expenses 760 13
- VAT return - Box 7 & 9 Vat cash accounting 29 1
- FRS 102 Fair Value v open market value 105 2
- Taxfiler V's BTC 805 31
- Quickbooks 2015 171 1
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 358 13
- Sage reporting 105 4
- SA302's anyone?? 2,774 41
- Directors loan accounts 243 6
- Professional Clearance 1,510 23
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 339 8
- Expense receipt from previous quarter not included in VAT return 112 2
- Change of director first name on Annual Return 124 2
- BTC Software 265 9
- Allowable expenditure when claiming wear & tear 197 7
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 102 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 571 30
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 2,713 25
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,014
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 523
- NOVA 481
- Bonus Bonds 361
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 345
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 261
- Payment for Promotional Samples 234
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 232
- Friendly Pensions 158
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 147