Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- Clogged Losses 260 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 258 11
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 188 2
- Goods Purchased for Rental 73 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 244 9
- Buy to let and capitak gain 45 1
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 638 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 298 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 243 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 102 1
- General tax book with planning 228 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 167 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 191 1
- are receipts needed? 539 14
- Gift of property & improvements 151 3
- VAT Invoice 209 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 281 5
- Error in past Corporate tax return 379 6
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,277 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 315 11
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 904
- International interest certificate 515
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 312
- Management expenses for investment company 270
- Bonus Bonds 263
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 178
- P11D benefit received by widow 153
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 146
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 145