Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- PI cover 127 3
- Its going to be fun isnt it? 1,326 16
- VAT underpayments and financial reporting 75 1
- Xero Pain Points 269 13
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 137 2
- Moneysoft - technical query 363 9
- Renting home garage and outbuildings to Business 125 1
- Tax Codes and VAT 178 2
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,725 61
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 304 5
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 842 20
- The importance of Grammar 919 24
- New starter - tax code 205 6
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 143 2
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 147 2
- HMRC site down ? 184 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 150 6
- Small hotel - food for personal use 221 3
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 107 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 179 2
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 361
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 301
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 288
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 281
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 273
- Electric Car 225
- S222 Charge 203
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 198
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 192
- Company Structure 178