Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- Rogue Accountant 2,824 46
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,536 71
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 5,283 19
- HMRC Scam 246 2
- Departments in Sage 50 88 1
- Where has Portia gone? 684 25
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 216 2
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 319 4
- Capital Gains? 258 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 103 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 73 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 449 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 127 2
- AIA - new period 220 1
- Self assessment question 1,160 48
- Major Works Invoice to Rental Property 376 9
- What is the base cost of this asset for CGT? 265 3
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 856 20
- Dividend Tax Rate 442 8
- Ex Wives Club 547 13
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 773
- RTI - duplicate employee record 510
- Pensions Regulator 438
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 394
- Sanzar 296
- Sage Vat return box 2 296
- Digital marketing focus group 277
- How do you do it 264
- Report old income 227
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 226