Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- Let Property Campaign & DO2 86 1
- Regaining my qualification 266 3
- Scoot 229 5
- Remittances 117 1
- Import Sales Invoices into Sage Instant 111 1
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 195 1
- Shareholder agreement 199 4
- Corporation tax due date confusion 126 2
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,503 21
- Accountants' Error 776 16
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 171 5
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 171 3
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 171 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 233 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 672 11
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 126 1
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 253 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 285 2
- Auto enrolment 224 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 203 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,461
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 777
- Any views 706
- HMRC Employers Diary 527
- International interest certificate 428
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 397
- Sale of business 360
- NOVA 264
- Advertising services? 262
- IRIS Open Books problem 255