Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- I do not love you 297 5
- What are you doing now 31 Jan is past? 168 2
- Limited Company 244 4
- Gift of FHL - subsequent PPR not denied? 188 1
- Love is in the air 772 10
- Stamp Duty 343 5
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 751 19
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 912 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 420 5
- Paying Son 821 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 408 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 286 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,079 47
- Setting up a practice 671 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 645 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 573 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 506 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 249 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,878 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 479 1
- Foreign domicile status 324
- DTA tie-breaker issue 307
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 306
- CGT for NOn UK residents 286
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 284
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 263
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 250
- Apprenticeship Levy 248
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 241
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 236