Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- Fee base v staff ratio 50 1
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 320 4
- Undeclared rental income 2,077 21
- Debtor/creditor set-off 45 1
- Cash basis 354 10
- Statutory sick pay 191 3
- Redundancy payment added to p45 329 2
- Overseas bank interest 192 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 138 1
- Kasperskey - home pc 338 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 194 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 299 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,922 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,343 12
- Lorry Drivers 386 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 257 2
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,717 9
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 169 1
- PRR 599 16
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 223 2
- Skandia using wrong address 540
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 292
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 288
- Employee rewards 280
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 254
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 245
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 234
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 217
- Etax Australian 179
- LLP in Construction Industry 142