Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- Refusing to complete a tax return 597 12
- Repayment of maternity pay 151 3
- What sectors to target? 434 21
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 148 8
- Journals to Creditors Control 166 5
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 203 7
- waive right to dividend payment 81 3
- eBay trading 55 1
- Treatment of Asset Disposal for Tax Purposes 130 5
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 969 43
- Dissolved company with o/s corporation tax 290 7
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 197 4
- AIA and WDA 111 5
- Companies House late filing penalties 3,224 106
- Is sideways loss relief per trade or all trades aggregated 74 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,391 40
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 485 16
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 181 9
- Duplicate emails from AWeb 178 10
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 975 16
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 914
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 633
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 589
- Latest phishing scam 560
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 390
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 293
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 217
- Scratch Head 212
- Capital allowances in first basis period 201
- Sabbatical payments 187