Allowable expenses for an IT Contractor
What kind of expenses are allowable for an IT contractor that is staying outside the scope of ir35? Are there any links on the net to help guide me on this?
It gets a little shady when we start to talk about travel and subsistence, client entertainment/staff entertainment, etc.
What if the contractor has paid for fuel via his bank but does not have a company car but does use his personal car for travel? Can the total totted up for milaege be used against this spend?
Also, if the company is home registered, can travel to the office where the work is carried out be expensed?
Breakfast, lunch and dinner be expensed?
Your help would be appreciated!
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 657 14
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 372 5
- last minute request 566 6
- Xerocon 2016 1,071 27
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,209 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 288 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 316 7
- Personal Tax 551 11
- USA Tax Query 227 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,693 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 962 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 353 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 614 18
- Corrupt Excel File 683 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,993 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 295 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 440 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 205 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 397 4
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,263 46