Allowed expenses when recruting
We are interviewing candidates for a scientific role. The interview process takes a day. Is the cost of a meal with the recruiting Director an allowable expense (working lunch) or is it entertaining?
In the context of the recruitment process it is not entertaining, and there is nothing to be gained from all but one of the candidates (the successful candidate). The interview is a continual process, and the candidates would consider the discussions during the meal to be a part of the interview, so the food is incidental to the process.
Thoughts - allowable or not?
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 42 2
- VAT on new builds 132 3
- incorrect old p60 166 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 102 1
- Related party disclosure 54 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 317 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,896 28
- Redundancy Pay 437 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 692 6
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 715 19
- Sage Priority Support 112 2
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 509 4
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 359 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 143 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 133 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 152 1
- Missing tax return 203 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 925 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 279 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 167 2