Allowed expenses when recruting
We are interviewing candidates for a scientific role. The interview process takes a day. Is the cost of a meal with the recruiting Director an allowable expense (working lunch) or is it entertaining?
In the context of the recruitment process it is not entertaining, and there is nothing to be gained from all but one of the candidates (the successful candidate). The interview is a continual process, and the candidates would consider the discussions during the meal to be a part of the interview, so the food is incidental to the process.
Thoughts - allowable or not?
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 36 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 46 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 136 1
- How to deal with prior year error 108 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 500 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,314 33
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,054 19
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,024 20
- Tax Calculations 649 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 376 4
- VAT - Check on clients business 576 24
- Exemption from CGT 202 2
- VAT Registration 213 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 459 14
- Autumn statement predictions 405 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 297 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 169 3
- Moneysoft error 423 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 645 26
- New client wants to submit tax returns from 06/07 to date, how many years can actually be submitted? 461 3