Allowed expenses when recruting
We are interviewing candidates for a scientific role. The interview process takes a day. Is the cost of a meal with the recruiting Director an allowable expense (working lunch) or is it entertaining?
In the context of the recruitment process it is not entertaining, and there is nothing to be gained from all but one of the candidates (the successful candidate). The interview is a continual process, and the candidates would consider the discussions during the meal to be a part of the interview, so the food is incidental to the process.
Thoughts - allowable or not?
- TaxCalc Accounts production 123 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 370 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 209 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 403 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 79 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,363 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 390 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 579 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 189 2
- Old CGT loss 213 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 191 3
- Paper tax return 161 4
- Start up allowance? 385 12
- Will I need to resign? 212 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 250 3
- AIA or IFA 460 7
- Surely not? 467 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 646 9
- Late Registration for VAT 370 11