My client is MD of a family company. Several family members work in the company and are on market salaries. The shares are widely distributed amongst the family at present with one share class.
The MD keeps pressing me to reorganise matters to bring in alphabet shares, reduce salaries to say £624 per month and pay out varying amounts to the different share classes to top up the nominal salaries. I keep advising against but I can’t quite convey to him the stumbling blocks. The company has a significant break up value.
In what circumstances would you go ahead with a reorg such as this? Or would you never do it?
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 145 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 179 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,216 35
- Mortgage Reference 531 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 233 7
- Insovent companies 882 19
- New Build 190 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,295 48
- BrightPay quirks 204 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 805 20
- Website Content 160 1
- Personal Tax 629 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 180 1
- USA Tax Query 302 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 437 5
- last minute request 655 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 351 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 389 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,740 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6