My client is MD of a family company. Several family members work in the company and are on market salaries. The shares are widely distributed amongst the family at present with one share class.
The MD keeps pressing me to reorganise matters to bring in alphabet shares, reduce salaries to say £624 per month and pay out varying amounts to the different share classes to top up the nominal salaries. I keep advising against but I can’t quite convey to him the stumbling blocks. The company has a significant break up value.
In what circumstances would you go ahead with a reorg such as this? Or would you never do it?
- TaxCalc Accounts production 122 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 368 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 209 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 403 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 77 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,362 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 390 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 577 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 189 2
- Old CGT loss 211 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 188 3
- Paper tax return 161 4
- Start up allowance? 385 12
- Will I need to resign? 211 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 250 3
- AIA or IFA 460 7
- Surely not? 466 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 646 9
- Late Registration for VAT 369 11