My client is MD of a family company. Several family members work in the company and are on market salaries. The shares are widely distributed amongst the family at present with one share class.
The MD keeps pressing me to reorganise matters to bring in alphabet shares, reduce salaries to say £624 per month and pay out varying amounts to the different share classes to top up the nominal salaries. I keep advising against but I can’t quite convey to him the stumbling blocks. The company has a significant break up value.
In what circumstances would you go ahead with a reorg such as this? Or would you never do it?
- Cashflow forecasting software 255 3
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,898 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 244 4
- Turnover on a tax return 189 7
- incorrect old p60 393 9
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 229 3
- VAT refund 134 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 219 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 258 3
- Missing tax return 379 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,103 30
- Inflation and fees 1,397 24
- Sage Priority Support 182 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 835 24
- Micro-entity accounts 271 1
- Related party disclosure 226 3
- Company reconstruction 161 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 244 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 167 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 188 1