Alphabet shares for directors
A company currently has two full time directors with shares split 60:40. Other than their connection through the company, they are unrelated.
They do not currently take salaries from the company but take rents for the company's use of the business premises and dividends, both pay higher rate tax and director A (60%) has another source of income.
Director B (40%) has a requirement for a higher level of income from the company than director A and director A is quite happy for him to do so.
It has been suggested that the current ordinary shares be split into A (60%) and B (40%) to enable different rates of dividends to be paid, but retaining rights to 60:40 capital on a sale, wind up etc.
I feel that if the directors had been say, husband and wife, then potentially the settlements legislation could be in point, but has anyone any experience of HMRC arguing the point in the scenario outlined above?
- Elective DeductionsModel 45 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 179 1
- Rental Income 281 6
- Value pricing 150 6
- Payroll 2012/13 75 1
- I have a pain 657 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 58 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 146 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 718 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 102 3
- Cash flow 134 2
- New use of home - simplified method 204 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 256 5
- company secretarial software 100 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 357 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,935 32
- Share restructure 326 12
- Liquidation of Subsiduary 143 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,834 14
- P11d error 423 9
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 726
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 496
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 342
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 336
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 261
- VAT on Gaming Machines 210
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 196
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 179
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 172
- Director Loan account operation 146