Alphabet shares - redeemable shares
Client formed his own company to purchase a restaurant without consulting me.
He managed to pursuade a husband and wife to lend £45k
He has lent £22.5k
His daughter £22.5k
The balance of purchase price loan from bank.
So far only 1 share allotted on incorporation.
He now tells me the agreement (drawn up by solicitor) which I have not seen makes provision for payment (not sure if dividends) to the husband and wife and after 3 years the husband and wife will "relinquish" (his word) the shares for no consideration.
He now asks if alphabet shares could be issued to enable different dividends.
1 I assume they can be issued with change of articles?
2 What is situation in 3 years assuming the company has reserves and therefore the shares have value above par. Can the husband and wife gift at nominal value? (always assuming the agreement is robust enough).
3 Would it be more appropriate to issue redeemable shares to husband and wife.
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 58 2
- Moving to the cloud 533 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 144 2
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 61 1
- Companies house strike off 43 1
- How much to charge for payroll? 726 16
- When do we qualify for state pension? 146 2
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 118 4
- BTC vs Digita 973 29
- Seeking a tax case 253 8
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 282 4
- See you all on the other side 232 5
- VATABLE Income 283 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 208 2
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 264 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 410 6
- P11D software 95 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 449 9
- VAT - business splitting 235 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 586 16
- HMRC Joint Filing 521
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 392
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 351
- IRIS and FRS 102 325
- USA help 283
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 245
- Capital gains on rental property 227
- Sage Coretime 215
- Capitalising Finance Lease 212
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 204