Alphabet shares - redeemable shares
Client formed his own company to purchase a restaurant without consulting me.
He managed to pursuade a husband and wife to lend £45k
He has lent £22.5k
His daughter £22.5k
The balance of purchase price loan from bank.
So far only 1 share allotted on incorporation.
He now tells me the agreement (drawn up by solicitor) which I have not seen makes provision for payment (not sure if dividends) to the husband and wife and after 3 years the husband and wife will "relinquish" (his word) the shares for no consideration.
He now asks if alphabet shares could be issued to enable different dividends.
1 I assume they can be issued with change of articles?
2 What is situation in 3 years assuming the company has reserves and therefore the shares have value above par. Can the husband and wife gift at nominal value? (always assuming the agreement is robust enough).
3 Would it be more appropriate to issue redeemable shares to husband and wife.
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 272 9
- Residential Management Companies 43 2
- Value pricing 2,825 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 370 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 356 11
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 816 34
- Payroll software for Mac 105 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 81 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 207 5
- CIS and Close Company 190 6
- LLP members share of profits 621 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 419 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 129 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 84 1
- Registered Office 80 2
- Winding up a beneficiary will trust 101 1
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 286 7
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 534 17
- 64-8 on paper or online? 102 2
- Management fees agreement 158 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 932
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 658
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 385
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 329
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 252
- Paye procedures for CVA 242
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 238
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 185
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 181
- Pension Fixed Protection 179