Alphabet shares - redeemable shares
Client formed his own company to purchase a restaurant without consulting me.
He managed to pursuade a husband and wife to lend £45k
He has lent £22.5k
His daughter £22.5k
The balance of purchase price loan from bank.
So far only 1 share allotted on incorporation.
He now tells me the agreement (drawn up by solicitor) which I have not seen makes provision for payment (not sure if dividends) to the husband and wife and after 3 years the husband and wife will "relinquish" (his word) the shares for no consideration.
He now asks if alphabet shares could be issued to enable different dividends.
1 I assume they can be issued with change of articles?
2 What is situation in 3 years assuming the company has reserves and therefore the shares have value above par. Can the husband and wife gift at nominal value? (always assuming the agreement is robust enough).
3 Would it be more appropriate to issue redeemable shares to husband and wife.
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,021 33
- vat return 245 3
- Flat rate vat 76 1
- Payroo Employer allowance query 166 5
- Value pricing 712 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 147 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 176 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 283 4
- Reregister for VAT 131 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 197 6
- Weely paid employees 243 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 472 11
- Director's tax return 279 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 214 6
- Wrong career 477 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 288 7
- Laptop purchase 1,393 20
- PTP software disaster 280 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 232 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 103 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 798
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 550
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 416
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 294
- Free Tax Legislation? 266
- Director Loan account operation 245
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 240
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 237
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 159