Alphabet shares - redeemable shares
Client formed his own company to purchase a restaurant without consulting me.
He managed to pursuade a husband and wife to lend £45k
He has lent £22.5k
His daughter £22.5k
The balance of purchase price loan from bank.
So far only 1 share allotted on incorporation.
He now tells me the agreement (drawn up by solicitor) which I have not seen makes provision for payment (not sure if dividends) to the husband and wife and after 3 years the husband and wife will "relinquish" (his word) the shares for no consideration.
He now asks if alphabet shares could be issued to enable different dividends.
1 I assume they can be issued with change of articles?
2 What is situation in 3 years assuming the company has reserves and therefore the shares have value above par. Can the husband and wife gift at nominal value? (always assuming the agreement is robust enough).
3 Would it be more appropriate to issue redeemable shares to husband and wife.
- SSAS Pension scheme 72 1
- Do we have to honour her notice? 485 4
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 70 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 225 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 553 13
- Do I need to see receipts ? 740 11
- ICPA 489 8
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 283 3
- Physiotherapy 57 1
- Changing shareholding ratio 123 3
- Community Interest Company 63 1
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 115 1
- SA1 forms 365 12
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 142 5
- Goodwill Entrepreneurs Relief 131 1
- Share disclosure re- Power of Attorney 152 5
- VAT on services to EC customer 177 3
- Delayed option to tax 188 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 870 23
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 381 3
- Sainsbury's mangement 825
- Avanti Accounts 674
- Have I done the right thing? 652
- Calling franchise accountants 632
- Continuity Agreement 627
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 482
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 356
- Scammers 325
- Advice please! 232
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 216