Alphabet shares - redeemable shares
Client formed his own company to purchase a restaurant without consulting me.
He managed to pursuade a husband and wife to lend £45k
He has lent £22.5k
His daughter £22.5k
The balance of purchase price loan from bank.
So far only 1 share allotted on incorporation.
He now tells me the agreement (drawn up by solicitor) which I have not seen makes provision for payment (not sure if dividends) to the husband and wife and after 3 years the husband and wife will "relinquish" (his word) the shares for no consideration.
He now asks if alphabet shares could be issued to enable different dividends.
1 I assume they can be issued with change of articles?
2 What is situation in 3 years assuming the company has reserves and therefore the shares have value above par. Can the husband and wife gift at nominal value? (always assuming the agreement is robust enough).
3 Would it be more appropriate to issue redeemable shares to husband and wife.
- Where can I get the information for this 361 7
- BrightPay 360 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 196 3
- CGT &LLP 70 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 538 4
- Setting up an offshore company 91 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 184 16
- Secure document exchange 118 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 158 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 392 7
- break even point 163 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 114 3
- Fax to email providers 326 11
- Payroll software 239 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 131 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 141 4
- How to issue shares to investors 87 1
- Expense management software 629 12
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,107 84
- Tax code 148 1