Alphabet shares - redeemable shares
Client formed his own company to purchase a restaurant without consulting me.
He managed to pursuade a husband and wife to lend £45k
He has lent £22.5k
His daughter £22.5k
The balance of purchase price loan from bank.
So far only 1 share allotted on incorporation.
He now tells me the agreement (drawn up by solicitor) which I have not seen makes provision for payment (not sure if dividends) to the husband and wife and after 3 years the husband and wife will "relinquish" (his word) the shares for no consideration.
He now asks if alphabet shares could be issued to enable different dividends.
1 I assume they can be issued with change of articles?
2 What is situation in 3 years assuming the company has reserves and therefore the shares have value above par. Can the husband and wife gift at nominal value? (always assuming the agreement is robust enough).
3 Would it be more appropriate to issue redeemable shares to husband and wife.
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 177 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 127 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 117 2
- You know its over 226 3
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 154 3
- Cocaine anyone? 458 8
- Late Registration for VAT 471 13
- EIS/SEIS 132 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 259 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 401 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 398 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 669 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 532 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 558 4
- Personal pension 391 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 215 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,199 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 899 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 138 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,514 22
- Hive up 483
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 448
- corporate hierarchy 429
- Advice - 266
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 218
- WWOOFers 214
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 202
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 191
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 171
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 167