Alphabet shares - redeemable shares
Client formed his own company to purchase a restaurant without consulting me.
He managed to pursuade a husband and wife to lend £45k
He has lent £22.5k
His daughter £22.5k
The balance of purchase price loan from bank.
So far only 1 share allotted on incorporation.
He now tells me the agreement (drawn up by solicitor) which I have not seen makes provision for payment (not sure if dividends) to the husband and wife and after 3 years the husband and wife will "relinquish" (his word) the shares for no consideration.
He now asks if alphabet shares could be issued to enable different dividends.
1 I assume they can be issued with change of articles?
2 What is situation in 3 years assuming the company has reserves and therefore the shares have value above par. Can the husband and wife gift at nominal value? (always assuming the agreement is robust enough).
3 Would it be more appropriate to issue redeemable shares to husband and wife.
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 176 3
- Late RTI filing re SMP 110 3
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 164 3
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 101 6
- Additional information attached to accounts 192 2
- CIS Software 120 1
- Company assets 367 16
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 226 6
- MoneySoft 175 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 86 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 662 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 147 2
- Self assessment 155 1
- Claiming VAT 139 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,126 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 177 4
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 278 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 277 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 157 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 513 9
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 505
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 479
- Is there anything wrong with this? 281
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 267
- Uncommercial property business 246
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 204
- Registering online CWF1 185
- VAT - registration needed? 182
- Accrued income scheme 181
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 180