Alphabet shares - redeemable shares
Client formed his own company to purchase a restaurant without consulting me.
He managed to pursuade a husband and wife to lend £45k
He has lent £22.5k
His daughter £22.5k
The balance of purchase price loan from bank.
So far only 1 share allotted on incorporation.
He now tells me the agreement (drawn up by solicitor) which I have not seen makes provision for payment (not sure if dividends) to the husband and wife and after 3 years the husband and wife will "relinquish" (his word) the shares for no consideration.
He now asks if alphabet shares could be issued to enable different dividends.
1 I assume they can be issued with change of articles?
2 What is situation in 3 years assuming the company has reserves and therefore the shares have value above par. Can the husband and wife gift at nominal value? (always assuming the agreement is robust enough).
3 Would it be more appropriate to issue redeemable shares to husband and wife.
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 190 7
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 885 19
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 460 9
- Can I become a self employed bookkeeper?? 169 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 176 7
- tagging in Iris accounts production for non standard item 122 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 105 1
- Auto-Enrolment 2,860 155
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 104 1
- 'Find an accountant' 212 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 105 1
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 86 1
- Depreciation on property improvements 109 1
- Construction Industry Funding 112 5
- CGT advice on amicable divorce settlement 106 1
- How important are Journals? 333 9
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 725 15
- Company trading loss relief 272 4
- National Insurance 603 1
- Social Worker limited Co 131 1
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 492
- Skandia using wrong address 434
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 390
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 237
- Employee rewards 228
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 207
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 180
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 180