Alphabet shares - redeemable shares
Client formed his own company to purchase a restaurant without consulting me.
He managed to pursuade a husband and wife to lend £45k
He has lent £22.5k
His daughter £22.5k
The balance of purchase price loan from bank.
So far only 1 share allotted on incorporation.
He now tells me the agreement (drawn up by solicitor) which I have not seen makes provision for payment (not sure if dividends) to the husband and wife and after 3 years the husband and wife will "relinquish" (his word) the shares for no consideration.
He now asks if alphabet shares could be issued to enable different dividends.
1 I assume they can be issued with change of articles?
2 What is situation in 3 years assuming the company has reserves and therefore the shares have value above par. Can the husband and wife gift at nominal value? (always assuming the agreement is robust enough).
3 Would it be more appropriate to issue redeemable shares to husband and wife.
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 387 6
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 224 8
- VAT - How hard is it? 628 22
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 408 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 166 6
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 71 2
- The importance of Grammar 1,226 34
- Profit split from an investment property 82 4
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,234 34
- Xero Pain Points 476 17
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 283 8
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 835 12
- VAT and Groups 60 2
- Post Budget Disincorporations 1,878 13
- tax saving on card points 175 3
- VAT & Offshore Companies 197 7
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 439 5
- Scissors 802 23
- Mobile phone costs during maternity leave for OMB 291 8
- working from home 1,697 29
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 365
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 317
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 302
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 290
- Electric Car 247
- S222 Charge 216
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 211
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 198
- Company Structure 188
- VAT and customer entertaining 171