Alphabet shares - redeemable shares
Client formed his own company to purchase a restaurant without consulting me.
He managed to pursuade a husband and wife to lend £45k
He has lent £22.5k
His daughter £22.5k
The balance of purchase price loan from bank.
So far only 1 share allotted on incorporation.
He now tells me the agreement (drawn up by solicitor) which I have not seen makes provision for payment (not sure if dividends) to the husband and wife and after 3 years the husband and wife will "relinquish" (his word) the shares for no consideration.
He now asks if alphabet shares could be issued to enable different dividends.
1 I assume they can be issued with change of articles?
2 What is situation in 3 years assuming the company has reserves and therefore the shares have value above par. Can the husband and wife gift at nominal value? (always assuming the agreement is robust enough).
3 Would it be more appropriate to issue redeemable shares to husband and wife.
- Setting up a practice 153 3
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 620 17
- Stamp Duty 279 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 218 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,763 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 450 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 165 1
- Love is in the air 410 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 250 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,009 46
- Very large share capital by mistake 322 3
- Client Paperwork Retention? 548 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 559 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 326 4
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 345 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 379 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 431 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 448 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 277 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 526 1
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 281
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 274
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 236
- Apprenticeship Levy 232
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 214
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 193