Alphabet shares - redeemable shares
Client formed his own company to purchase a restaurant without consulting me.
He managed to pursuade a husband and wife to lend £45k
He has lent £22.5k
His daughter £22.5k
The balance of purchase price loan from bank.
So far only 1 share allotted on incorporation.
He now tells me the agreement (drawn up by solicitor) which I have not seen makes provision for payment (not sure if dividends) to the husband and wife and after 3 years the husband and wife will "relinquish" (his word) the shares for no consideration.
He now asks if alphabet shares could be issued to enable different dividends.
1 I assume they can be issued with change of articles?
2 What is situation in 3 years assuming the company has reserves and therefore the shares have value above par. Can the husband and wife gift at nominal value? (always assuming the agreement is robust enough).
3 Would it be more appropriate to issue redeemable shares to husband and wife.
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,410 423
- PRR 36 1
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 24 1
- Pension Contributions Relief 411 13
- References for clients 117 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 181 5
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 996 49
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 99 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 39 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 300 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 75 5
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 277 1
- corp tax software 291 5
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 192 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 157 2
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 561 24
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 349 16
- Is this fraud? 561 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 97 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 283 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,291
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 458
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Franchise income and costs 247
- Hands on experience of Digita 206
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 162
- Employer's Helpline 154
- employment capital allowances 147
- CIS paid under reg 9 133