Alphabet shares - redeemable shares
Client formed his own company to purchase a restaurant without consulting me.
He managed to pursuade a husband and wife to lend £45k
He has lent £22.5k
His daughter £22.5k
The balance of purchase price loan from bank.
So far only 1 share allotted on incorporation.
He now tells me the agreement (drawn up by solicitor) which I have not seen makes provision for payment (not sure if dividends) to the husband and wife and after 3 years the husband and wife will "relinquish" (his word) the shares for no consideration.
He now asks if alphabet shares could be issued to enable different dividends.
1 I assume they can be issued with change of articles?
2 What is situation in 3 years assuming the company has reserves and therefore the shares have value above par. Can the husband and wife gift at nominal value? (always assuming the agreement is robust enough).
3 Would it be more appropriate to issue redeemable shares to husband and wife.
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 375 14
- directors loan 245 7
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 814 27
- Director registration for SA question 255 11
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 212 3
- New Company reviews please 455 12
- Business only use of company car 603 23
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 338 4
- CIS not deducted 303 5
- Car Capital Contribution 180 2
- cgt quoted shares losses 198 1
- LLP and corporate members - timing differences impact on corp tax 80 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 209 3
- Money Laundering Manual 257 10
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 352 8
- VAT with Russia 122 1
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,038 28
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 208 2
- Worst corporate entertaining events? 1,154 9
- CGT on Let Property 234 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 281
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 235
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 234
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 208
- Any thoughts on Capium? 196
- Expenses Software 189
- auto enrolment 176
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 168
- How to account for investment in JV? 146
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 145