Alphabet shares - redeemable shares
Client formed his own company to purchase a restaurant without consulting me.
He managed to pursuade a husband and wife to lend £45k
He has lent £22.5k
His daughter £22.5k
The balance of purchase price loan from bank.
So far only 1 share allotted on incorporation.
He now tells me the agreement (drawn up by solicitor) which I have not seen makes provision for payment (not sure if dividends) to the husband and wife and after 3 years the husband and wife will "relinquish" (his word) the shares for no consideration.
He now asks if alphabet shares could be issued to enable different dividends.
1 I assume they can be issued with change of articles?
2 What is situation in 3 years assuming the company has reserves and therefore the shares have value above par. Can the husband and wife gift at nominal value? (always assuming the agreement is robust enough).
3 Would it be more appropriate to issue redeemable shares to husband and wife.
- Incorporated when they should not have 211 8
- Company Director In Prison 383 10
- Tax position re this lease? 355 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 663 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 85 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,624 70
- Help with HMRC investigation 102 2
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 76 2
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 319 5
- AWeb - download file 122 2
- pension paid by company? 322 8
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 735 17
- Late annual return 116 1
- Charity work 210 10
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 223 12
- HMRC Agents Line 132 2
- Managing Employee Expenses 177 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,686 60
- inheritance tax 569 14
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 165 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 672
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 499
- Cancelled 426
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 361
- Probiz 333
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 322
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 242
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 214
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 197