Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,160 52
- Window Comb Binder Cover 150 3
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 85 1
- client can't/won't pay 394 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 147 6
- AIA 143 4
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 243 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 255 9
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 283 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,179 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 245 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 193 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 546 26
- HMRC SA software error? 148 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 169 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 266 14
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 202 6
- Treatment of income for sole trader 171 2
- wave software 134 1
- Freelance software consultant 340 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 786
- Copy Wanted 500
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 456
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 453
- Latest phishing scam 287
- Entrepreneurs' relief 273
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 269
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 250
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 240
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 237