Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Do I need to pay my accountant 313 6
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 120 4
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 279 6
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 585 7
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 494 24
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 144 3
- Lloyds bank ... 417 6
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 378 18
- Limited company buying a car 212 5
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 479 10
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 252 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 304 4
- ACCA practice certificates 518 5
- Limited company buying director's car 318 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 102 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 142 1
- WC's and capital allowances 189 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 328 13
- Dress code 1,569 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 486 13
- CTA study material 774
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 402
- Employment related securities question 311
- AIM Stocks and IHT 285
- Expat pension contributions? 261
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 260
- Trust for Employee 239
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 188
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 149