Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Employee steeling client data 82 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,348 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 188 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 128 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 88 1
- CT600 269 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 205 4
- signature required 909 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 178 1
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 463 13
- Community awards 2014 - first category 175 6
- Can you help me spot errors? 330 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 328 17
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 134 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 85 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 147 2
- Payment plans for clients 274 3
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 91 1
- Lease 145 4
- Free invoicing software 507 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,307
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 853
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 547
- Credit where credit's due....... 339
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 261
- TheTax Donut 229
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 188
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 180
- Director's business mileage 149
- Sole trader CPD 145