Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,484 41
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 159 3
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 108 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 289 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 238 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,239 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 373 6
- Go Cardless 388 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 335 3
- Mehjoo 337 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 161 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 418 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 201 4
- SA302 350 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 298 13
- Bringing money to Uk 305 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 223 4
- Hmrc software 266 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 207 1
- Hosted email exchange 197 5
- Xtuple 526
- Qtac payroll for bureau 358
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 302
- Industrial & Provident Societies 295
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 239
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 217
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 217
- Domain name sale and limited company 185
- CIS schemes 180
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 157