Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,032 13
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 138 2
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 163 4
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 263 5
- Sage Line 50 49 1
- HMRC Post 232 4
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 128 1
- Freelance/Employee 557 14
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 205 3
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 487 11
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,864 57
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 325 8
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 185 3
- Employment Allowance 360 3
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,401 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 195 4
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 974 21
- Company Structure 285 2
- The importance of Grammar 2,137 58
- Who is responsible for goods values for customs clearance? 73 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 400
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 366
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 344
- Electric Car 279
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 173
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 162
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 162
- AIA 153