Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- VAT on Security Services to Foreign Companies. 82 3
- NHS England and the Off Payroll Worker Team 123 3
- Do accountants work at home? 634 13
- I used to think HMRC contact lines couldnt get any worse................ 322 5
- Summer festivals! 208 5
- Can I pay into a pension? 173 3
- The Accountancy Party: What’s in your manifesto? 178 4
- Personal Expenses 212 5
- Furnished Holiday Lets & VAT 152 6
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 471 10
- Accountants Qualifications 296 3
- SPORTS SUPPLEMENTS 86 1
- US Company charging VAT. How to account 167 2
- PPR for transferee spouse 84 1
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 1,007 16
- Rogue Accountant 3,967 58
- Where has Portia gone? 6,231 120
- How to introduce funds in to a Limited by guarantee company 88 1
- ER Relief 120 2
- 'Workers' for AE purposes 131 1