Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,356 109
- IR35 calc - which months' E'ees NICs and PAYE to include? 113 2
- Excel 2010 pivot table rows 25 1
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 71 1
- VAT rules on recharge sales invoice 88 1
- Clients 83 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 287 6
- Extension of lease in flat management company 154 2
- Client's company struck off 671 18
- 2010-11 tax return is incorrect 108 1
- Overtime etc for PT employees 201 3
- Newly Started Practice 332 7
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 167 4
- error on companies house accounts 260 6
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 153 3
- ACCA Accountants Report 152 1
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 212 5
- Commission on holiday accrual 106 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 173 2
- HMRC computer behind the times 253 3
- QROP pension input amounts 479
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 450
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 423
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 272
- EPS and CIS deductions 264
- Construction CIS LLP Company 249
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 218
- SAGE winforecast 184
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 171