Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 130 4
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 608 13
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 116 7
- Managing Employee Expenses 121 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,065 26
- Charity work 118 6
- Company Director In Prison 208 5
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 271 3
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 730 22
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 650 21
- MAAT vs ACCA 346 6
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,533 70
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,537 55
- VAT registration? 136 1
- ec sales lists 152 1
- VAT registration to supply services in EU 135 1
- Vat Retrospective Reclaim 146 1
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 106 4
- Small company audit 748 12
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 205 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 662
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 473
- Cancelled 418
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 358
- Cancelled 357
- Probiz 327
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 311
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 240
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 212
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 182