Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 243 4
- Agent for mobile DJs. Could the DJs be considered to be working for him? 108 1
- UK Subsidiary of Foreign Company 90 1
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 1,018 31
- Drop Down Boxes 236 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,638 504
- Any other payroll providers transferring from Sage to Moneysoft? 159 1
- Does anyone use quotation software? 589 8
- help needed with rti paye please 166 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 860 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 422 11
- Can't read my handwriting 817 19
- Undeclared rental income 423 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 349 7
- Sick pay 260 6
- Directors self assessment 182 2
- Employer's Helpline 226 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 143 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 200 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,773 70
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,417
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 543
- National Insurance 442
- Non Resident 331
- Hands on experience of Digita 263
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 259
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 172
- Umbrella pay services 147
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 130
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 124