Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 195 5
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 88 2
- Gift or Capital Gain? 234 6
- Federation Accounts 345 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 520 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 265 5
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 103 2
- Late reply from HMRC 239 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 280 6
- VAT silly question 2,348 55
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,642 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,413 22
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,787 43
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 498 11
- Classic cars investment 193 5
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 207 3
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 230 8
- RTI - new employee 191 3
- Failure to operate PAYE 604 22
- H&W company 141 2
- Benchmarking 482
- Possible Partnership? 428
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 406
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 400
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 346
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 203
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 199
- Income tax on foreign dividends 184
- Clubs and Taxable Income 182
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 179