Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Creative Auto Enrolment 621 9
- Probate services 537 16
- Bankstream 1,162 27
- Disengagement Help! 1,114 18
- Cash gift from India 380 12
- Corporation Tax releif for stolen "Bond" 47 1
- Account and Taxable Profit 487 21
- Stamp Duty Land Tax changes 111 2
- Accounting for corporation tax 434 9
- loan for one of the associated companies 161 9
- Is a deposit received on a failed property transaction in France taxable 145 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,096 20
- nominee shareholder 126 1
- True Potential AE 116 1
- Maternity and claining expenses 491 5
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 337 7
- Bad Debt 106 1
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 516 27
- Unpaid fees 219 5
- MVL 221 3