Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Cocaine anyone? 75 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,453 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 795 25
- ACCA - still making me laugh 420 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 237 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 306 11
- Tax return software for remote working 460 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 497 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 415 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 440 9
- How to purchase business premises? 141 2
- Will I need to resign? 805 10
- Childcare vouchers 156 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 271 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 295 6
- VAT avoidance? 218 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 182 3
- PAYE coding out 178 3
- Follower cases 573 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 452 2
- Hive up 468
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 436
- corporate hierarchy 415
- Advice - 243
- Amortisation of Goodwill 214
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 202
- WWOOFers 197
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 178
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 175
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 172