Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- IT advisory questions? 335 9
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 69 2
- Can you help me spot errors? 42 1
- signature required 765 30
- Employment Support Allowance 265 6
- Stock Control System for Ecommerce Website 255 2
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 45 1
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 633 8
- When to leave the VAT FRS 120 6
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,008 17
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 206 2
- Direct debit entry query 73 2
- Use of home query 374 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 281 7
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 533 11
- CIS software 188 5
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 149 4
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,091 14
- Client handover 308 6
- format cell to exclude decimals 221 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,284
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 843
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 535
- Digita Hosted Software 349
- Credit where credit's due....... 325
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 250
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 212
- TheTax Donut 207
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 176
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 154