Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Family Partnership 249 7
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 315 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 116 2
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 101 3
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 56 2
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 168 4
- flat rate scheme 2,325 47
- Signed accounts for bank 641 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 831 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 292 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 170 5
- VAT Query on new build 105 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 140 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 146 4
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 93 1
- P11D Car Value 259 6
- NOVA declaration 104 1
- Business valuation advice 709 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,509 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,227 23