Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Dividend payment date 1,876 33
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,702 18
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 124 2
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 133 5
- Director hired as an individual 73 2
- Real names 529 20
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 98 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,283 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 92 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 200 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 184 6
- Tax relief on licence costs 119 1
- Who owns the data 227 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 158 5
- Sole Trader Fees 120 1
- Loan interest rental property 193 5
- Theatre as charitable company 48 1
- Peer to Peer lending 140 5
- What's the plural? 674 14
- Well well well 261 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 569
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 434
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 336
- IFA incorporation 312
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 300
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 296
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 251
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 240
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 233
- Sorry ignore me 229