Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 121 1
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 206 9
- How to Value a Business 458 9
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 107 5
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 524 13
- How much did you pay for your website 465 13
- Companies House 98 2
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 98 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 369 7
- Company Pension Contributions 245 6
- Gross Profit Percentage 191 4
- Expenses allowable 148 3
- Let Property Campaign 377 6
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 125 1
- Self employment trap - pension 339 3
- Awkward IP 609 9
- ESC A19 122 2
- When does my Property business start 262 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,533 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 865 19
- CTA study material 595
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 591
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 366
- Employment related securities question 221
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 195
- ATED Penalties 192
- AIM Stocks and IHT 175
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 129
- Expat pension contributions? 124
- Trust for Employee 124