Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 214 10
- Company name change question... 157 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,152 73
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 856 23
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 146 2
- Writing down allowance / AIA 158 6
- What is Tronk System of payroll ? 59 1
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 432 14
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 261 4
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,312 23
- how to reduce student loan payments - taxfiler 168 5
- Consolidation IFRS 70 1
- White van man 441 20
- Worried over stock value 225 4
- foreign income 131 2
- Window Comb Binder Cover 309 5
- STUDENT LOAN 114 1
- Bookkeeping question 604 6
- wave software 234 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 364 8
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 834
- Copy Wanted 556
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 512
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 491
- Latest phishing scam 352
- Entrepreneurs' relief 326
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 297
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 286
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 283
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 187