Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- recompense capital input 144 9
- Spousal transfer and PPR 643 27
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 94 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 203 2
- CT losses carry back 55 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 539 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 104 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 737 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 413 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,221 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 118 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 180 3
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 214 7
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 219 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 983 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 192 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 247 5
- Merging my businesses 223 3
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 485 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 378 9
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 797
- RTI - duplicate employee record 561
- Pensions Regulator 451
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 413
- Portia ... Where art thou 326
- Sanzar 315
- How do you do it 300
- Digital marketing focus group 298
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 273
- new investor structure 183