Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Rental holiday in lieu of repairs 168 2
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,208 17
- Mixture of online and offline SA returns 272 5
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 418 6
- VAT - Medical Staff 167 2
- Vat on construction of residential property 1,126 13
- Really?! 848 10
- CIS 249 5
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,382 26
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 658 15
- VAT 701/49 query 233 2
- backpack 334 3
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 196 3
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 283 3
- Viewing folder contens en masse 354 8
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 200 3
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 196 2
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 203 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 167 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 259 6
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 709
- 2015 tax year end 442
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 418
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 361
- Costly Accounting Software contract 317
- Directors' advances and credits 262
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 257
- DTA tie-breaker issue 239
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 224
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 204