Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Payroll software 613 15
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 172 4
- New business - journal entries 346 21
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 225 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 373 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 707 18
- B2B vat in the EU 164 4
- Coding Notice 202 6
- VAT on Hire Purchase 101 1
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 188 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 210 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 177 4
- LLP as member of LLP 122 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,788 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 485 7
- Vat 289 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,291 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 201 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 185 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,506 18
- Auto enrolment excuses 838
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 715
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 397
- Social investment tax relief 213
- Digita Hosted Software 209
- Call Centre Data Costs 196
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 168
- accounting for this transaction 165
- Travel costs and contractors 161
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 155