Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- PPR election - what do you think? 217 7
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 107 3
- Comments on this scenario 111 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,636 67
- Penalties 111 1
- SAGE con 222 4
- rates of pay query 217 3
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 87 2
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 138 10
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 198 1
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 106 1
- Overpayment relief claim 153 5
- Charity reserves 130 3
- Have i messed up? 670 10
- Year end 363 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 225 3
- Related Parties Note 419 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 109 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 132 4
- loss on carbon credits 112 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,016
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 554
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 362
- Tax efficient holding company structure 290
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 276
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 214
- Charge out rates in London? 211
- Personal consumption by landlord 183
- Interest on Loan to a Company 174
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 150