Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Is a Business Bank Account compulsory for a sole trader? 14 2
- Is it possible and what should be done? 125 1
- Remortgage costs on redidential lettings 179 2
- Self-employed: claiming expenses initially paid by somebody else 386 11
- Unhappy client over fees 1,348 29
- do i need an online accounting software 543 7
- VAT DIY self build shceme 97 1
- COMPANIES HOUSE - DOWN LOAD FREE ACCOUNTS 612 17
- Employee expenses & benefits - bringing myself up to date 242 1
- Backdating Partnership registration to 14/15 998 16
- Can you claim part of the AIA and WDAs on the remainder 158 2
- Bank account security - Kashflow 280 4
- Double tax relief -UK tax paid in error 117 2
- Partnership Share Ratio Quandary 460 12
- Multi user accounting software 108 1
- ACCA student with study package 408 8
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 404 3
- Flat rate VAT and Work in progress 297 5
- Incorporating doctors 424 1
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 1,511 13
- NHS finance professionals 791
- Foreign Pension Contribution 473
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 465
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 405
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 371
- IFA income recognition & reporting 280
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 261
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 256
- When is sale recognised in an agency who receives commission? 208
- FRM claim for travel to training course 199