Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Sole Trade - Losses B/Fwd 113 8
- VAT on introducer fees 57 1
- Construction Industry Scheme Age Limit 37 2
- Company Accounts 365 7
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 265 17
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 32 1
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 258 4
- P11D Query 78 3
- Scottish but not UK 154 3
- CIS 295 10
- VAT1 Form- Question 7 197 7
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 216 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,040 358
- Complicated freehold purchase and CA 142 2
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 196 5
- Tax relief on investmement in holding company 85 3
- FRS 102 and loans from a director 370 2
- Pension Contributions Relief 215 7
- Professional Indemnity Insurance 673 18
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,513 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,217
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 424
- National Insurance 324
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 318
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 248
- Non Resident 244
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 239
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 217
- Franchise income and costs 216
- Hands on experience of Digita 150