Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,254 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 104 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 377 15
- Companies House incorporation service 285 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 22 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 92 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 179 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 90 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 166 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 123 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 118 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,576 12
- Share Capital 90 2
- Trading income or not? 154 1
- Charge HMRC 372 3
- FRS17 query 226 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,757 44
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,635 29
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 567 12
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 283 2
- Xtuple 542
- Qtac payroll for bureau 372
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 314
- Industrial & Provident Societies 308
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 285
- CIS schemes 217
- Domain name sale and limited company 202
- Investment 182
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 178
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 176