Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Was I rude 340 14
- Surcharges on very late VAT 101 1
- Invoice factoring 234 8
- Director's minimum wage? 155 3
- Share swap 218 4
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 469 9
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 323 9
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 159 2
- Entrepreneurs relief/ Company Secretary 132 2
- Work in progress calculation 102 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 937 29
- Help with share restructuring 97 1
- HMRC Employers Diary 580 1
- Advice please on best way forward 565 7
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 583 9
- old client has come out of the woodwork 363 2
- Scoot 401 7
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 516 3
- paye scheme very used 267 3
- Operating lease 151 4
- Skandia using wrong address 1,471
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 796
- Any views 721
- International interest certificate 434
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 407
- Sale of business 372
- Advertising services? 279
- NOVA 273
- IRIS Open Books problem 269
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 184