Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 336 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,400 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 160 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 431 12
- Share premium or Directors Loan 732 30
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 107 3
- What would you do in this situation? 139 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 133 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 603 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 636 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 87 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 341 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 244 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 220 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 390 6
- NOVA 555 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 275 10
- Regional Development Grant 124 4
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,413 21
- Company car without a salary 233 2
- Bonus Bonds 391
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 378
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 289
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 258
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 187
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 179
- Finance Lease 157
- Company Car Lease 154
- Form 42 149
- Demerger Reserve 132