Am I alone?
Not long ago HMRC online SA statements were rife with duplicated interest charges listed in the allocation of specific tax payments.
Irritating, but not critical. The duplicated entries did not get counted in the total allocated payment. It was just a formatting problem.
Most recent web update "corrected" this. No longer do you get allocations showing duplicated interest. Instead, any attempt to drill down to an payment part of which has been allocated to interest charges results in a standard error message displayed, to wit that HMRC is unable to display the allocation (or any part of it).
When I took this up with them I was informed that this is a known issue (really? how can it not be?) and that a fix is expected in October. OCTOBER????
Personally I would prefer it if they rolled back the last update, which they could do immediately, and leave us with the duplicated interest charges, warts and all, and then correct THAT in October.
We routinely download client SA records to an offline database, from which to produce filtered reports for clients and internal purposes, for which purposes online web browsing is neither efficient nor flexible. Having duplicated interest charges caused a minor headache with that, but we worked around it. The latest fix creates almighty havoc.
Am I alone or does anyone else out there find this as irritating as I? If sufficient numbers complain I speculate that HMRC might bring forward their planned fix. But if I am alone I guess I will just have to suck it up.
With kind regards
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,691 61
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 277 5
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 827 20
- The importance of Grammar 901 24
- New starter - tax code 180 6
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 121 2
- PI cover 102 2
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 128 2
- HMRC site down ? 165 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 140 6
- Small hotel - food for personal use 202 3
- Xero Pain Points 257 12
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 93 1
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 122 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 161 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 384 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 152 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 593 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 234 3
- Childcare 275 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 360
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 299
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 285
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 280
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 272
- Electric Car 223
- S222 Charge 203
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 196
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 192
- Company Structure 174