Amend company tax computation
We have noticed an error in a company tax compuation for a client going back to the year ended 31 December 2007.
The company was making losses at the time and the error means that the losses carried forward in the omputaions were lower than they should have been. The company has made losses in subsequent years, but in the year ended 31 December 2011 made a taxable profit which uses up the losses.
Is it possible to amend the loss brought forward? If not is it possible to put an amendment through the current year computations? - the error related to amortisation of a grant that was included as income in the profit and loss account, but not deducted in the computaions. So, can a dection be put though this year's computation?
The "Overpayment relief provisions" appear to relate to the recovery of tax already paid and refer to a time limit of four years from the end of the accounting period (i.e 31 December 2011). In the ciircumstances as referred to above can we in fact go back further than four years?
- Xerocon 2016 1,013 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,188 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 223 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 234 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 589 12
- Personal Tax 488 11
- USA Tax Query 163 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,660 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 283 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 600 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 349 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 408 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 172 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 326 4
- last minute request 512 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46