Amend PAYE records for year 2011/12
Please can someone help!
I had a consultancy company which was Ltd with 1 PA employed by me from March 2011 - I knew the employee was pregnant at the time of employing, though was not due for 4 months (the employee was a friend of a friend). However, the employee gave birth prematurely in May 2011 and as such didn't qualify for SMP from my company.
I advised the accountancy firm responsible for my accounts/payroll etc of this and was assured it had been dealt with. On the employee's return to work following unpaid maternity leave, she completed a tax credits decleration in July 2012 stating her income from employment with me for the year 2011/12.
She received a letter in Sept from HMRC advising PAYE states differently to figures she provided, at this time I spoke with accountancy firm who advised this would be rectified - It never was (not had an explanation why)!
Long story short, the employee and her husband have had to face an appeals tribunal, who though while seem reasonable satisfied with the explanation - state they cannot overturn HMRC's claim without clear evidence in the form of ammended PAYE or P60.
The company has since ceased to trade in the year 2013/14, and I have spoken to the accountant in question who has advised there is nothing they can do about this as they no longer have the details of my company on their systems. I have been all around HMRC today trying to find information as I know this young family cannot afford to pay HMRC what they are claiming they owe. I have been advised the way to go about this may be a P14 & P35, though no one is certain for sure. I am meeting the accountant next week to discuss this further as he claims these can't be processed and won't suffice.
Can someone please advise on best course of action for me to ensure PAYE & P60 gets ammended for this family.
- Property expense - legal fees 116 3
- Research expenses for authors 256 6
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 305 7
- Auto-Enrolment 3,502 169
- Proof of Delivery 138 2
- Investor exit 70 1
- Partially exempt? 59 1
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 119 3
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 236 4
- OBK 214 5
- Accounting for a VAT Group 115 3
- Xero (another cloud system) and your year end accounts file 116 2
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,692 25
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 382 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,742 588
- Rental Income Tax Planning 110 2
- What type of Trust? 95 1
- Dormant Company 134 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 776 16
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 122 2
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 505
- Skandia using wrong address 457
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 245
- Employee rewards 245
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 212
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 196
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 186
- Etax Australian 156