Amend PAYE records for year 2011/12
Please can someone help!
I had a consultancy company which was Ltd with 1 PA employed by me from March 2011 - I knew the employee was pregnant at the time of employing, though was not due for 4 months (the employee was a friend of a friend). However, the employee gave birth prematurely in May 2011 and as such didn't qualify for SMP from my company.
I advised the accountancy firm responsible for my accounts/payroll etc of this and was assured it had been dealt with. On the employee's return to work following unpaid maternity leave, she completed a tax credits decleration in July 2012 stating her income from employment with me for the year 2011/12.
She received a letter in Sept from HMRC advising PAYE states differently to figures she provided, at this time I spoke with accountancy firm who advised this would be rectified - It never was (not had an explanation why)!
Long story short, the employee and her husband have had to face an appeals tribunal, who though while seem reasonable satisfied with the explanation - state they cannot overturn HMRC's claim without clear evidence in the form of ammended PAYE or P60.
The company has since ceased to trade in the year 2013/14, and I have spoken to the accountant in question who has advised there is nothing they can do about this as they no longer have the details of my company on their systems. I have been all around HMRC today trying to find information as I know this young family cannot afford to pay HMRC what they are claiming they owe. I have been advised the way to go about this may be a P14 & P35, though no one is certain for sure. I am meeting the accountant next week to discuss this further as he claims these can't be processed and won't suffice.
Can someone please advise on best course of action for me to ensure PAYE & P60 gets ammended for this family.
- Time to ditch Sage? 50 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 210 7
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,341 32
- Fees 49 1
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 63 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 223 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 160 2
- Non VAT invoices 69 1
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 214 7
- Form 17 Download 75 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 530 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 364 4
- HMRC Information notice 977 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 260 3
- Accountant Specialization. 361 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,735 42
- Sage Line 50 160 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 167 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 432 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 388 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 751
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 410
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 362
- Electric Car 297
- S222 Charge 242
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 199
- IP trans to holding company 192
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 179
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 173
- AIA 171