Amend PAYE records for year 2011/12
Please can someone help!
I had a consultancy company which was Ltd with 1 PA employed by me from March 2011 - I knew the employee was pregnant at the time of employing, though was not due for 4 months (the employee was a friend of a friend). However, the employee gave birth prematurely in May 2011 and as such didn't qualify for SMP from my company.
I advised the accountancy firm responsible for my accounts/payroll etc of this and was assured it had been dealt with. On the employee's return to work following unpaid maternity leave, she completed a tax credits decleration in July 2012 stating her income from employment with me for the year 2011/12.
She received a letter in Sept from HMRC advising PAYE states differently to figures she provided, at this time I spoke with accountancy firm who advised this would be rectified - It never was (not had an explanation why)!
Long story short, the employee and her husband have had to face an appeals tribunal, who though while seem reasonable satisfied with the explanation - state they cannot overturn HMRC's claim without clear evidence in the form of ammended PAYE or P60.
The company has since ceased to trade in the year 2013/14, and I have spoken to the accountant in question who has advised there is nothing they can do about this as they no longer have the details of my company on their systems. I have been all around HMRC today trying to find information as I know this young family cannot afford to pay HMRC what they are claiming they owe. I have been advised the way to go about this may be a P14 & P35, though no one is certain for sure. I am meeting the accountant next week to discuss this further as he claims these can't be processed and won't suffice.
Can someone please advise on best course of action for me to ensure PAYE & P60 gets ammended for this family.
- Tax relief on accommodation costs 16 1
- Disclosure requirements for Directors Loan Accounts in Credit 501 19
- Director or self-employed 276 2
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,363 25
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 584 17
- Anybody still doing returns? 1,000 37
- BVI registered 185 4
- Closing a limited company 392 6
- Self assessment for directors 179 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 276 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,616 17
- A little knowledge 413 6
- Digita in the cloud 177 2
- Tax relief when working away 96 1
- Tax relief when working away 208 3
- Designated sole Residence 255 5
- Scratch Head 358 1
- Year end 277 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 333 13
- Clothing 649 19
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 968
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 690
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 633
- Latest phishing scam 615
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 457
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 337
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 269
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 237
- Sabbatical payments 230
- Negligible Value Claim 213