Amend PAYE records for year 2011/12
Please can someone help!
I had a consultancy company which was Ltd with 1 PA employed by me from March 2011 - I knew the employee was pregnant at the time of employing, though was not due for 4 months (the employee was a friend of a friend). However, the employee gave birth prematurely in May 2011 and as such didn't qualify for SMP from my company.
I advised the accountancy firm responsible for my accounts/payroll etc of this and was assured it had been dealt with. On the employee's return to work following unpaid maternity leave, she completed a tax credits decleration in July 2012 stating her income from employment with me for the year 2011/12.
She received a letter in Sept from HMRC advising PAYE states differently to figures she provided, at this time I spoke with accountancy firm who advised this would be rectified - It never was (not had an explanation why)!
Long story short, the employee and her husband have had to face an appeals tribunal, who though while seem reasonable satisfied with the explanation - state they cannot overturn HMRC's claim without clear evidence in the form of ammended PAYE or P60.
The company has since ceased to trade in the year 2013/14, and I have spoken to the accountant in question who has advised there is nothing they can do about this as they no longer have the details of my company on their systems. I have been all around HMRC today trying to find information as I know this young family cannot afford to pay HMRC what they are claiming they owe. I have been advised the way to go about this may be a P14 & P35, though no one is certain for sure. I am meeting the accountant next week to discuss this further as he claims these can't be processed and won't suffice.
Can someone please advise on best course of action for me to ensure PAYE & P60 gets ammended for this family.
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 1,171 41
- Flat Rate VAT 244 8
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 705 15
- Practice software 1,183 17
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 310 7
- When to register or not for PAYE 535 11
- Invoicing for monthly clients 491 8
- Seeking advice: With recruitment agencies for temporary placements, is VAT taken off the whole sum received from the client, or just what the company retains? 235 5
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 569 8
- Redundancy pay 323 9
- Final CT Return - liquidating company 235 2
- VAT on farm machinery sold 262 5
- Servicing AE fees 184 2
- VAT Receipts 275 8
- Changing pay dates on Moneysoft 166 2
- P800 problems again 121 1
- Company accounts for £350 992 27
- Directors Loan Account Question 443 12
- Setting up a Charity Trust?? 157 4
- Seeking advice: Osetting Directors Loan at Startup 238 5
- FRS 101 Software 338
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 308
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 299
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 274
- French ConnectionUK 241
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 216
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 204
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 202
- APN's 187
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 184