Amend PAYE records for year 2011/12
Please can someone help!
I had a consultancy company which was Ltd with 1 PA employed by me from March 2011 - I knew the employee was pregnant at the time of employing, though was not due for 4 months (the employee was a friend of a friend). However, the employee gave birth prematurely in May 2011 and as such didn't qualify for SMP from my company.
I advised the accountancy firm responsible for my accounts/payroll etc of this and was assured it had been dealt with. On the employee's return to work following unpaid maternity leave, she completed a tax credits decleration in July 2012 stating her income from employment with me for the year 2011/12.
She received a letter in Sept from HMRC advising PAYE states differently to figures she provided, at this time I spoke with accountancy firm who advised this would be rectified - It never was (not had an explanation why)!
Long story short, the employee and her husband have had to face an appeals tribunal, who though while seem reasonable satisfied with the explanation - state they cannot overturn HMRC's claim without clear evidence in the form of ammended PAYE or P60.
The company has since ceased to trade in the year 2013/14, and I have spoken to the accountant in question who has advised there is nothing they can do about this as they no longer have the details of my company on their systems. I have been all around HMRC today trying to find information as I know this young family cannot afford to pay HMRC what they are claiming they owe. I have been advised the way to go about this may be a P14 & P35, though no one is certain for sure. I am meeting the accountant next week to discuss this further as he claims these can't be processed and won't suffice.
Can someone please advise on best course of action for me to ensure PAYE & P60 gets ammended for this family.
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 115 2
- Industry Reports 33 1
- Change if career direction from industry to practice 54 1
- recompense capital input 221 12
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 748 15
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,158 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 709 31
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 282 8
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 108 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 240 2
- CT losses carry back 126 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 551 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 204 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 812 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 423 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,324 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 166 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 192 3
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 244 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 1,006 22
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 801
- RTI - duplicate employee record 567
- Pensions Regulator 458
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 416
- Portia ... Where art thou 343
- Sanzar 318
- How do you do it 307
- Digital marketing focus group 301
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 275
- new investor structure 186