Amend PAYE records for year 2011/12
Please can someone help!
I had a consultancy company which was Ltd with 1 PA employed by me from March 2011 - I knew the employee was pregnant at the time of employing, though was not due for 4 months (the employee was a friend of a friend). However, the employee gave birth prematurely in May 2011 and as such didn't qualify for SMP from my company.
I advised the accountancy firm responsible for my accounts/payroll etc of this and was assured it had been dealt with. On the employee's return to work following unpaid maternity leave, she completed a tax credits decleration in July 2012 stating her income from employment with me for the year 2011/12.
She received a letter in Sept from HMRC advising PAYE states differently to figures she provided, at this time I spoke with accountancy firm who advised this would be rectified - It never was (not had an explanation why)!
Long story short, the employee and her husband have had to face an appeals tribunal, who though while seem reasonable satisfied with the explanation - state they cannot overturn HMRC's claim without clear evidence in the form of ammended PAYE or P60.
The company has since ceased to trade in the year 2013/14, and I have spoken to the accountant in question who has advised there is nothing they can do about this as they no longer have the details of my company on their systems. I have been all around HMRC today trying to find information as I know this young family cannot afford to pay HMRC what they are claiming they owe. I have been advised the way to go about this may be a P14 & P35, though no one is certain for sure. I am meeting the accountant next week to discuss this further as he claims these can't be processed and won't suffice.
Can someone please advise on best course of action for me to ensure PAYE & P60 gets ammended for this family.
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 70 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 162 2
- Real names 462 18
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 144 6
- Tax relief on licence costs 103 1
- Who owns the data 185 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 131 5
- Sole Trader Fees 94 1
- Director hired as an individual 27 1
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 60 1
- Loan interest rental property 182 5
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 108 4
- Theatre as charitable company 33 1
- Peer to Peer lending 117 5
- What's the plural? 661 14
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 94 1
- Well well well 241 2
- Capital Gains Tax 107 3
- Dividend payment date 1,847 32
- Use of aliases 702 19
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 568
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 429
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 331
- IFA incorporation 306
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 298
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 284
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 248
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 234
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 226
- Sorry ignore me 218