Amend PAYE records for year 2011/12
Please can someone help!
I had a consultancy company which was Ltd with 1 PA employed by me from March 2011 - I knew the employee was pregnant at the time of employing, though was not due for 4 months (the employee was a friend of a friend). However, the employee gave birth prematurely in May 2011 and as such didn't qualify for SMP from my company.
I advised the accountancy firm responsible for my accounts/payroll etc of this and was assured it had been dealt with. On the employee's return to work following unpaid maternity leave, she completed a tax credits decleration in July 2012 stating her income from employment with me for the year 2011/12.
She received a letter in Sept from HMRC advising PAYE states differently to figures she provided, at this time I spoke with accountancy firm who advised this would be rectified - It never was (not had an explanation why)!
Long story short, the employee and her husband have had to face an appeals tribunal, who though while seem reasonable satisfied with the explanation - state they cannot overturn HMRC's claim without clear evidence in the form of ammended PAYE or P60.
The company has since ceased to trade in the year 2013/14, and I have spoken to the accountant in question who has advised there is nothing they can do about this as they no longer have the details of my company on their systems. I have been all around HMRC today trying to find information as I know this young family cannot afford to pay HMRC what they are claiming they owe. I have been advised the way to go about this may be a P14 & P35, though no one is certain for sure. I am meeting the accountant next week to discuss this further as he claims these can't be processed and won't suffice.
Can someone please advise on best course of action for me to ensure PAYE & P60 gets ammended for this family.
- Bank request To verify Accounts 165 4
- AML report needed? 130 3
- transactions after account have been closed 302 10
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 52 1
- The stupidity continues 1,314 67
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 140 2
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 384 9
- Marketing and email surprises 444 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 761 26
- What is IRIS World like? 407 10
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 316 5
- Mlom bollocks 233 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 99 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 158 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 584 11
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 302 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 277 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 164 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,374 25
- New Employers Helpline 231 4
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 444
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 442
- WIP Software 306
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 293
- No payroll scheme in place 240
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 235
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 215
- Is there anything wrong with this? 210
- Small Part Disposal of Property 196
- Uncommercial property business 186