Amending 2011 Tax Return
Hoping someone can help.
Have been approached by a client whose tax affairs are in arrears. Both he and his previous agent have not been well, and the latter
submitted the 2011 and 2012 Tax Returns with estimated figures, and marked the Returns as being so. I have now prepared replacement
Tax Returns and submitted the 2011 Return direct to HMRC. However, they have returned this to me saying that the time limit for claiming
Capital Allowances was the 31st January 2013. I was aware that there was a time limit for backdating Capital Allowances, but would
appreciate any advice, or suggestions as to where to access the relevant guidance. I have the following queries:
1. Given that the original 2011 Return was submitted as an estimate, and I have merely corrected the figures, is the deadline relevant.
2. If it is, is there some other avenue for me to get the Return amended, as the actual profits, after Capital Allowances mean that no tax should have been due.
3. Not sure if this is relevant, but all the capital allowances relate pooled assets brought forward from the previous.
I will be researching this myself, but any advice, or help in my research would be gratefully received.
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 118 3
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,454 40
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 56 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 223 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 227 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,228 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 360 6
- Go Cardless 376 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 320 3
- Mehjoo 331 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 138 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 400 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 192 4
- SA302 340 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 292 13
- Bringing money to Uk 293 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 216 4
- Hmrc software 255 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 190 1
- Hosted email exchange 191 5
- Xtuple 517
- Qtac payroll for bureau 355
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 298
- Industrial & Provident Societies 292
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 235
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 209
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 209
- Domain name sale and limited company 181
- CIS schemes 176
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 151