Amending 2011 Tax Return
Hoping someone can help.
Have been approached by a client whose tax affairs are in arrears. Both he and his previous agent have not been well, and the latter
submitted the 2011 and 2012 Tax Returns with estimated figures, and marked the Returns as being so. I have now prepared replacement
Tax Returns and submitted the 2011 Return direct to HMRC. However, they have returned this to me saying that the time limit for claiming
Capital Allowances was the 31st January 2013. I was aware that there was a time limit for backdating Capital Allowances, but would
appreciate any advice, or suggestions as to where to access the relevant guidance. I have the following queries:
1. Given that the original 2011 Return was submitted as an estimate, and I have merely corrected the figures, is the deadline relevant.
2. If it is, is there some other avenue for me to get the Return amended, as the actual profits, after Capital Allowances mean that no tax should have been due.
3. Not sure if this is relevant, but all the capital allowances relate pooled assets brought forward from the previous.
I will be researching this myself, but any advice, or help in my research would be gratefully received.
- Elective DeductionsModel 111 3
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 901 23
- Moneysoft - Car Benefits 54 1
- RTI and bank holiday Friday 88 2
- Laptop purchase 862 16
- Company petition 42 1
- Belated VAT Exception Application 179 6
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 543 13
- CT600 for the first time 128 5
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 321 7
- Agent with HMRC 167 9
- Propert purchase, renovation then rented out and VAT 54 1
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 553 9
- Sage Payroll 105 4
- VAT query 148 2
- company secretarial software 203 4
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 264 5
- Value pricing 392 13
- Weely paid employees 109 1
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 300 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 743
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 508
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 373
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 351
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 269
- VAT on Gaming Machines 222
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 208
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 196
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 185
- Director Loan account operation 165