Amortization of goodwill - allowable?
A Ltd has been incorporated and trading since 2010
Prior to this Mr A ran the business as a sole trader for 3 years - from around 2007
Mr A had taken on the business from his father in law (Mr B) who had run the business for 4 years - from around 2003. I believe that Mr B had purchased the business from an unconnected party.
A Ltd has goodwill which is being amortized.
Am I right in thinking that no part of the goodwill arising on either of the transfer from Mr A to A Ltd or from Mr B to Mr A will be allowable for tax purposes? The latter on the basis that Mr A acquired the business from a connected party.
Could however any part of the total goodwill that related to the purchase post April 2002 by Mr B from the unconnected third party be relievable?
Any thoughts very gratefully received.
- What expenses to claim for painter/decorator working from home base 45 1
- ICAS GPPM 77 1
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 117 2
- Payroll 242 7
- Buying fees 682 5
- IHT Query 443 11
- Audit and paypal balances 178 7
- Missing C79 158 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 489 16
- VAT margin scheme 273 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 309 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,733 17
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 134 2
- Get it off your chest 253 4
- Directors bonus 158 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 113 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 285 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 279 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 184 3
- break even point 1,123 33
- Possible Partnership? 561
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 554
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 482
- New Fangled Penalties 356
- Clubs and Taxable Income 295
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 279
- Loans to other companies 222
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 215
- Outsource Data Entry 182
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 180