Amortization of goodwill - allowable?
A Ltd has been incorporated and trading since 2010
Prior to this Mr A ran the business as a sole trader for 3 years - from around 2007
Mr A had taken on the business from his father in law (Mr B) who had run the business for 4 years - from around 2003. I believe that Mr B had purchased the business from an unconnected party.
A Ltd has goodwill which is being amortized.
Am I right in thinking that no part of the goodwill arising on either of the transfer from Mr A to A Ltd or from Mr B to Mr A will be allowable for tax purposes? The latter on the basis that Mr A acquired the business from a connected party.
Could however any part of the total goodwill that related to the purchase post April 2002 by Mr B from the unconnected third party be relievable?
Any thoughts very gratefully received.
- SIPP 16 1
- When do RTI penalties start for micro employers 103 1
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 372 15
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 221 5
- VAT: Settlement Discounts and Output Value 69 1
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 131 2
- Flowers sent to client - not a disallowable business gift? 158 1
- Auto-Enrolment 4,325 190
- Rental income 212 3
- Cash basis 188 6
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 655 27
- Cash basis 830 29
- NIC thresholds - two employments 2,015 34
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 372 12
- Please tell me what to do!! 518 13
- VAT on exports to EU 118 5
- 5th April 419 16
- s455 Directors loan 277 4
- Company buy back of shares from directors 251 11
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 302 2
- Skandia using wrong address 622
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 331
- Employee rewards 311
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 278
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 241
- Etax Australian 200
- LLP in Construction Industry 167
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 162
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 149
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 144