Amortization of goodwill - allowable?
A Ltd has been incorporated and trading since 2010
Prior to this Mr A ran the business as a sole trader for 3 years - from around 2007
Mr A had taken on the business from his father in law (Mr B) who had run the business for 4 years - from around 2003. I believe that Mr B had purchased the business from an unconnected party.
A Ltd has goodwill which is being amortized.
Am I right in thinking that no part of the goodwill arising on either of the transfer from Mr A to A Ltd or from Mr B to Mr A will be allowable for tax purposes? The latter on the basis that Mr A acquired the business from a connected party.
Could however any part of the total goodwill that related to the purchase post April 2002 by Mr B from the unconnected third party be relievable?
Any thoughts very gratefully received.
- Non resident income. 303 16
- ITTOIA 2005 s629 104 5
- EIS reinvestment relief 43 1
- Knuckle down one week to go! 1,135 23
- Advice on letting a client go ? 246 5
- Receipt bank 73 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 75 3
- Unbelievable!! 213 2
- Urgent question on company accounting period before it become dormant 77 2
- Do we have to register for VAT? 151 4
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,612 88
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 236 3
- Paying 31 January 2015 income tax by instalments 1,326 19
- Paperless practices - do you keep any paper records? 804 24
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 276 4
- Use of home deduction 654 21
- How to pay? 152 6
- Are you qualified and wanting to work flexible hours from home? 166 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 140 3
- White van man 743 25
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 861
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 553
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 521
- Latest phishing scam 419
- Entrepreneurs' relief 386
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 344
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 324
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 310
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 223
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 199