Amortization of goodwill - allowable?
A Ltd has been incorporated and trading since 2010
Prior to this Mr A ran the business as a sole trader for 3 years - from around 2007
Mr A had taken on the business from his father in law (Mr B) who had run the business for 4 years - from around 2003. I believe that Mr B had purchased the business from an unconnected party.
A Ltd has goodwill which is being amortized.
Am I right in thinking that no part of the goodwill arising on either of the transfer from Mr A to A Ltd or from Mr B to Mr A will be allowable for tax purposes? The latter on the basis that Mr A acquired the business from a connected party.
Could however any part of the total goodwill that related to the purchase post April 2002 by Mr B from the unconnected third party be relievable?
Any thoughts very gratefully received.
- What are options for non CA firm 1,598 24
- Dividends with an annual profit but retained losses 58 1
- How to make restoration of corrupted excel 2007 file? 89 1
- Anyone come across this shower before? 1,867 35
- Real names 1,117 34
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 506 23
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 127 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,371 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 666 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 233 7
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 96 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 131 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 288 5
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,977 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,955 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 87 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 119 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 165 4
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 117 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 89 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 580
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 454
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 353
- IFA incorporation 337
- Sorry ignore me 320
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 277
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 269
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 261
- Cancelled 203
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 174