Amortization of goodwill - allowable?
A Ltd has been incorporated and trading since 2010
Prior to this Mr A ran the business as a sole trader for 3 years - from around 2007
Mr A had taken on the business from his father in law (Mr B) who had run the business for 4 years - from around 2003. I believe that Mr B had purchased the business from an unconnected party.
A Ltd has goodwill which is being amortized.
Am I right in thinking that no part of the goodwill arising on either of the transfer from Mr A to A Ltd or from Mr B to Mr A will be allowable for tax purposes? The latter on the basis that Mr A acquired the business from a connected party.
Could however any part of the total goodwill that related to the purchase post April 2002 by Mr B from the unconnected third party be relievable?
Any thoughts very gratefully received.
- Time to ditch Sage? 135 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 245 8
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 131 2
- Non VAT invoices 120 2
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 264 8
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,357 32
- Fees 146 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 238 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 187 2
- Form 17 Download 102 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 538 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 370 4
- HMRC Information notice 985 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 268 3
- Accountant Specialization. 373 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,751 42
- Sage Line 50 171 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 180 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 448 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 394 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 757
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 412
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 363
- Electric Car 298
- S222 Charge 244
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 203
- IP trans to holding company 193
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 182
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 177
- AIA 176