Amortization of goodwill - allowable?
A Ltd has been incorporated and trading since 2010
Prior to this Mr A ran the business as a sole trader for 3 years - from around 2007
Mr A had taken on the business from his father in law (Mr B) who had run the business for 4 years - from around 2003. I believe that Mr B had purchased the business from an unconnected party.
A Ltd has goodwill which is being amortized.
Am I right in thinking that no part of the goodwill arising on either of the transfer from Mr A to A Ltd or from Mr B to Mr A will be allowable for tax purposes? The latter on the basis that Mr A acquired the business from a connected party.
Could however any part of the total goodwill that related to the purchase post April 2002 by Mr B from the unconnected third party be relievable?
Any thoughts very gratefully received.
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,126 24
- IHT400 or IHT205 - disagree with solicitor 82 1
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 232 4
- I forgiven loan an Output? 133 2
- V T Software 107 2
- Thinning income 324 3
- How do I know if I have to apply a reverse charge mechanism 98 3
- SA302's - What's the deal? 324 4
- tax credits 222 4
- Past rental expenses 92 1
- What do do about VAT? 522 15
- Buying a company for £2000 from owner how it works? 259 5
- Not a question but made my day 1,128 22
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 342 10
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 184 2
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 198 4
- Audacity 1,316 22
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 690 8
- partnership first tax return 147 1
- Payroll got out of synch 382 11
- NHS finance professionals 591
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 389
- Foreign Pension Contribution 362
- vat gross profit percentage margins 333
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 323
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 303
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 271
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 224
- IFA income recognition & reporting 198
- Incorporating doctors 192