Amortization of goodwill - allowable?
A Ltd has been incorporated and trading since 2010
Prior to this Mr A ran the business as a sole trader for 3 years - from around 2007
Mr A had taken on the business from his father in law (Mr B) who had run the business for 4 years - from around 2003. I believe that Mr B had purchased the business from an unconnected party.
A Ltd has goodwill which is being amortized.
Am I right in thinking that no part of the goodwill arising on either of the transfer from Mr A to A Ltd or from Mr B to Mr A will be allowable for tax purposes? The latter on the basis that Mr A acquired the business from a connected party.
Could however any part of the total goodwill that related to the purchase post April 2002 by Mr B from the unconnected third party be relievable?
Any thoughts very gratefully received.
- PITA client 421 5
- R&D tax credit claim 277 7
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 625 10
- One off meeting new client 1,170 10
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,195 20
- Child tax credits 117 2
- Deaf clients 596 6
- rental income since 2003 104 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,677 29
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 406 10
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,246 54
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 541 12
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 89 1
- Estate agent and VAT registration 237 4
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 224 4
- Peer to Peer lending 1,076 8
- Small company audit 348 9
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 124 2
- CIC Company 506 6
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 280 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 614
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 339
- Cancelled 293
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 269
- Probiz 259
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 216
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 206
- Car leasing scheme 193
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 193