... and again!
HMRC have just called us regarding a client of ours. Leastways ... they said they were HMRC!
I asked for our agent code and was informed they don't have one! I said I needed to confirm they are HMRC and was told they were, because they have a 64-8 with our name on, but don't have an agent code!
I said their lack of confirmation that were HMRC put me in a difficult position regarding confidentiality and I got a sarcy comment saying 'they are only trying to help the taxpayer' and they put the phone down!
It's time HMRC had some proper procedures for confirming their ID when calling accountants, or taxpayers!
- Fee headache 425 4
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 193 6
- ITS HAPPENED AGAIN SPAM SPAM SPAM 213 4
- India Capital Gain 111 1
- Dormant payroll 724 7
- Switch from Sage CT to Digita CT? 96 1
- Our French VAT registered supplier is supplying our French VAT registered customer directly with goods but is invoicing us (a VAT registered UK company). Can I ask them not to charge us VAT? 286 7
- An opportunity to 'vent' your annoyance/anger? 1,487 12
- Interest on Loan to External Individual 108 1
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 516 11
- This feels wrong.... 1,563 21
- Overlap relief 384 10
- Subsistence expenses paid directly from company account 188 2
- To correct incorrect NBV in previous year accounts 279 10
- Pressure to upgrade from Sage 50 Accounts 2013 194 3
- P11D Rejection 270 7
- Directors loans 263 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief:: share disposals after leaving the company 266 5
- Has anyone else tried Iris paperless working papers for audit exempt companies 304 2
- Care Home - Job Price 261 4
- Is this Tax Deductible??? 502
- Theatre Tax Relief 407
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 322
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 304
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 276
- Perkbox 228
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 222
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 217
- Document Management Systems 190
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 184