... and again!
HMRC have just called us regarding a client of ours. Leastways ... they said they were HMRC!
I asked for our agent code and was informed they don't have one! I said I needed to confirm they are HMRC and was told they were, because they have a 64-8 with our name on, but don't have an agent code!
I said their lack of confirmation that were HMRC put me in a difficult position regarding confidentiality and I got a sarcy comment saying 'they are only trying to help the taxpayer' and they put the phone down!
It's time HMRC had some proper procedures for confirming their ID when calling accountants, or taxpayers!
- Coming in from the cold 306 3
- Splitting the tax year 152 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 184 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 163 4
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 147 2
- Submitting tax return 112 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 208 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 256 8
- Director's tax return 330 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 112 1
- Sage Payroll 313 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 208 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,068 33
- vat return 262 3
- Flat rate vat 156 1
- Value pricing 732 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 166 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 242 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 293 4
- Reregister for VAT 165 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 304
- Free Tax Legislation? 274
- Director Loan account operation 255
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 252
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 245
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 169