... and again!
HMRC have just called us regarding a client of ours. Leastways ... they said they were HMRC!
I asked for our agent code and was informed they don't have one! I said I needed to confirm they are HMRC and was told they were, because they have a 64-8 with our name on, but don't have an agent code!
I said their lack of confirmation that were HMRC put me in a difficult position regarding confidentiality and I got a sarcy comment saying 'they are only trying to help the taxpayer' and they put the phone down!
It's time HMRC had some proper procedures for confirming their ID when calling accountants, or taxpayers!
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 810 17
- Umbrella Company 126 2
- Vat treatment of charity business income 38 2
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 416 24
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 73 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,141 340
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 131 5
- Mortgage deposit Gift 420 18
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 150 3
- property rental income split 252 3
- Shadow director or alternative? 466 4
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 116 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 89 2
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,264 5
- Use of home for storage 323 6
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 324 10
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,237 21
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 350 4
- VAT on stock sold at a loss 213 6
- Commercial property rental on disincorporation 84 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,185
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 403
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 313
- National Insurance 307
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 260
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 233
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 232
- Non Resident 218
- Franchise income and costs 201
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 142