... and again!
HMRC have just called us regarding a client of ours. Leastways ... they said they were HMRC!
I asked for our agent code and was informed they don't have one! I said I needed to confirm they are HMRC and was told they were, because they have a 64-8 with our name on, but don't have an agent code!
I said their lack of confirmation that were HMRC put me in a difficult position regarding confidentiality and I got a sarcy comment saying 'they are only trying to help the taxpayer' and they put the phone down!
It's time HMRC had some proper procedures for confirming their ID when calling accountants, or taxpayers!
- VAT refund 224 2
- Networking 223 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 228 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,172 32
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 270 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 63 1
- incorrect old p60 491 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 306 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 196 2
- Turnover on a tax return 386 9
- IT Contractor 264 1
- Sage instant account codes 146 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 243 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 316 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,950 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 321 4
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 288 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 282 3
- Missing tax return 410 4
- Inflation and fees 1,427 24