... and again!
HMRC have just called us regarding a client of ours. Leastways ... they said they were HMRC!
I asked for our agent code and was informed they don't have one! I said I needed to confirm they are HMRC and was told they were, because they have a 64-8 with our name on, but don't have an agent code!
I said their lack of confirmation that were HMRC put me in a difficult position regarding confidentiality and I got a sarcy comment saying 'they are only trying to help the taxpayer' and they put the phone down!
It's time HMRC had some proper procedures for confirming their ID when calling accountants, or taxpayers!
- Dental practice incorpration 97 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 976 55
- Audit rules 143 4
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 215 5
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 795 20
- Go Cardless 252 8
- business entertaining deductibility 108 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 105 2
- R & D 97 3
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 220 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 66 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 103 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 140 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 127 1
- New Business Registration 207 5
- Hosted email exchange 123 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 142 1
- G P life time allowance 112 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 366 11
- Bringing money to Uk 211 3
- Xtuple 500
- Qtac payroll for bureau 333
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 277
- Industrial & Provident Societies 274
- Mehjoo 219
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 216
- New strategic report 169
- Domain name sale and limited company 155
- South African Government Pension 151
- CIS schemes 146