... and again!
HMRC have just called us regarding a client of ours. Leastways ... they said they were HMRC!
I asked for our agent code and was informed they don't have one! I said I needed to confirm they are HMRC and was told they were, because they have a 64-8 with our name on, but don't have an agent code!
I said their lack of confirmation that were HMRC put me in a difficult position regarding confidentiality and I got a sarcy comment saying 'they are only trying to help the taxpayer' and they put the phone down!
It's time HMRC had some proper procedures for confirming their ID when calling accountants, or taxpayers!
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 11 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 97 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 150 4
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 429 22
- What are options for non CA firm 1,528 18
- Tick & Bash Bristol 195 4
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 86 1
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 40 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 77 1
- Tax position re this lease? 128 2
- VAT on Training Courses 128 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 130 2
- Self employed travel expenses 144 3
- which software 378 4
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 57 1
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 390 4
- Audit exempt subsidiary 86 1
- Accounting treatment of service charges incurred prior to occupation 142 1
- Best apps for clients 278 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 602 8
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 576
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 448
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 351
- IFA incorporation 333
- Sorry ignore me 314
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 270
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 262
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 255
- Cancelled 196
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 163