... and again!
HMRC have just called us regarding a client of ours. Leastways ... they said they were HMRC!
I asked for our agent code and was informed they don't have one! I said I needed to confirm they are HMRC and was told they were, because they have a 64-8 with our name on, but don't have an agent code!
I said their lack of confirmation that were HMRC put me in a difficult position regarding confidentiality and I got a sarcy comment saying 'they are only trying to help the taxpayer' and they put the phone down!
It's time HMRC had some proper procedures for confirming their ID when calling accountants, or taxpayers!
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 379 4
- Jointly owned property 261 6
- Interim Accountants through Ltd co basis 127 1
- Going to miss CT filing deadline 87 2
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 363 4
- Annual director payments for a small limited company 265 6
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 99 1
- Categories on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 270 4
- Relevant life plan 241 6
- Flat Rate VAT - reclaiming VAT on Capital Purchase (bought on lease hire) 154 4
- The return 979 28
- Directors loan - no longer a director 137 1
- Why .... 575 6
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 534 10
- Any advice on large 55 inch + computer monitor 165 1
- Pylon compensation - what am I missing? 395 6
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 471 10
- Limited Company expenses 301 7
- Formating cells in Excel 282 6
- UK taxation of income from property in Cyprus 200 4
- Possible Partnership? 579
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 494
- New Fangled Penalties 389
- Clubs and Taxable Income 312
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 286
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 235
- Loans to other companies 235
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 200
- Outsource Data Entry 192
- Moving away from CCH software 181