... and again!
HMRC have just called us regarding a client of ours. Leastways ... they said they were HMRC!
I asked for our agent code and was informed they don't have one! I said I needed to confirm they are HMRC and was told they were, because they have a 64-8 with our name on, but don't have an agent code!
I said their lack of confirmation that were HMRC put me in a difficult position regarding confidentiality and I got a sarcy comment saying 'they are only trying to help the taxpayer' and they put the phone down!
It's time HMRC had some proper procedures for confirming their ID when calling accountants, or taxpayers!
- Fees 281 3
- Agent Authorisation Issue 246 3
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 390 14
- Time to ditch Sage? 253 3
- HMRC Post 531 7
- Transactions with directors 446 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 285 9
- Non VAT invoices 200 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 201 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,390 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 256 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 225 2
- Form 17 Download 152 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 561 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 383 4
- HMRC Information notice 994 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 280 3
- Accountant Specialization. 398 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,785 42
- Sage Line 50 184 3
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 764
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 414
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 365
- Electric Car 299
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 210
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 185
- AIA 180
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 178