... and again!
HMRC have just called us regarding a client of ours. Leastways ... they said they were HMRC!
I asked for our agent code and was informed they don't have one! I said I needed to confirm they are HMRC and was told they were, because they have a 64-8 with our name on, but don't have an agent code!
I said their lack of confirmation that were HMRC put me in a difficult position regarding confidentiality and I got a sarcy comment saying 'they are only trying to help the taxpayer' and they put the phone down!
It's time HMRC had some proper procedures for confirming their ID when calling accountants, or taxpayers!
- Xerocon 2016 1,028 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,194 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 245 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 271 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 608 12
- Personal Tax 511 11
- USA Tax Query 185 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,664 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 946 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 308 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 604 18
- Corrupt Excel File 675 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 356 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,983 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 420 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 185 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 357 4
- last minute request 530 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,259 46