... and again!
HMRC have just called us regarding a client of ours. Leastways ... they said they were HMRC!
I asked for our agent code and was informed they don't have one! I said I needed to confirm they are HMRC and was told they were, because they have a 64-8 with our name on, but don't have an agent code!
I said their lack of confirmation that were HMRC put me in a difficult position regarding confidentiality and I got a sarcy comment saying 'they are only trying to help the taxpayer' and they put the phone down!
It's time HMRC had some proper procedures for confirming their ID when calling accountants, or taxpayers!
- Clogged Losses 260 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 258 11
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 188 2
- Goods Purchased for Rental 73 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 244 9
- Buy to let and capitak gain 45 1
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 638 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 298 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 243 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 102 1
- General tax book with planning 228 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 167 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 191 1
- are receipts needed? 539 14
- Gift of property & improvements 151 3
- VAT Invoice 209 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 281 5
- Error in past Corporate tax return 379 6
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,277 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 315 11
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 904
- International interest certificate 515
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 312
- Management expenses for investment company 270
- Bonus Bonds 263
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 178
- P11D benefit received by widow 153
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 146
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 145