... and again!
HMRC have just called us regarding a client of ours. Leastways ... they said they were HMRC!
I asked for our agent code and was informed they don't have one! I said I needed to confirm they are HMRC and was told they were, because they have a 64-8 with our name on, but don't have an agent code!
I said their lack of confirmation that were HMRC put me in a difficult position regarding confidentiality and I got a sarcy comment saying 'they are only trying to help the taxpayer' and they put the phone down!
It's time HMRC had some proper procedures for confirming their ID when calling accountants, or taxpayers!
- HMRC filing meltdown? 568 15
- client can't/won't pay 1,968 42
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 123 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 109 4
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 105 2
- Non resident income. 475 21
- Why do I do this every year 461 10
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 293 22
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 175 3
- Hobby Horse 815 8
- What sectors to target? 622 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 280 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 198 3
- Self assesment online 1,016 11
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 310 5
- closing limited company 201 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 134 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 263 9
- IHT and US resident 81 1
- Limited Companies Merger 220 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 937
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 654
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 605
- Latest phishing scam 583
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 420
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 316
- Scratch Head 247
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 240
- Sabbatical payments 201
- Negligible Value Claim 180