... and again!
HMRC have just called us regarding a client of ours. Leastways ... they said they were HMRC!
I asked for our agent code and was informed they don't have one! I said I needed to confirm they are HMRC and was told they were, because they have a 64-8 with our name on, but don't have an agent code!
I said their lack of confirmation that were HMRC put me in a difficult position regarding confidentiality and I got a sarcy comment saying 'they are only trying to help the taxpayer' and they put the phone down!
It's time HMRC had some proper procedures for confirming their ID when calling accountants, or taxpayers!
- Trade creditor journal 13 1
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 378 9
- How much of your work is admin? 634 6
- HMRC Distraint 69 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 132 2
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 215 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 411 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 109 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,367 42
- Nominal Ledger 392 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 591 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 191 2
- Old CGT loss 217 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 202 3
- Paper tax return 167 4
- Start up allowance? 389 12
- Will I need to resign? 230 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 255 3
- AIA or IFA 460 7
- Surely not? 472 10