Annual return fee too high!
I've got a small company - essentially a flat management company - as a client.
I get on really well with the treasurer and the chair has no problem with the fees we charge - probably because he knows they should be higher than they are.
At the last residents meeting, one of the residents questioned the charge of £14 we make for the on-line job you do in January (the filing of the Annual Retun at companies house), wondering why it was charged and why this high !!!
The same resident also wondered why the annual audit fee was high as well .....
So I told the treasurer that the £14 was what the cost was for filing the form - no profit in there for us.......and it's not an audit either!
I did point out the charge for filing a paper form is now £40.
You can't make it up - what kind of mind questions a charge of £14 as being too high!
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 306
- Set up a company pension 259
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 227
- RTI Fees 216
- Where's our 10%? 199
- HMRC Lost PAYE Clients 199
- Driving sales growth 193
- EIS 187
- Regiatration of a Trust 183
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 182
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 181
- CIS late registration 167
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 164
- Best structure 164
- Break up basis accounting 160
- Inorporation using S165 gift relief 160
- Mortgage application for intending director. 153
- Property owned privately 153
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 140
- Companies in administration - Bad debt and VAT 132