Another CT41G comment!
Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?
Example: New client comes to you after having set up a Limited Company online somehow. You become their agent and want to make sure they have registered as trading and submitted the old CT41G information. They think they have but are maybe not sure because the old form has been replaced with an ambiguous kind of letter suggesting they do it online if they haven’t already done so. They often even presume they have registered all relevant information because the letter contains a UTR therefore they must have registered, Right? (Wrong!).
Being the kind of caring adviser that I am, I like to make sure for them, but the only way I can find out every time is by calling the new centralised HMRC number and going through a painful conversation with somebody who doesn’t know what you are asking half the time, in an attempt to find out. In fact I have already been told on one occasion that HMRC had the info when in fact it later transpired they did not!
I have even been told conflicting answers from operators along the lines of:
Answer 1: “If the accounting periods are showing as LIVE on the agent portal then they must have registered their info, otherwise they would be dormant”
Answer 2: “All the new company’s accounting periods show as LIVE as default, so that doesn’t tell you if they have filed CT41G information”
I myself have found answer 2 to coincide with my experiences and I know for a fact that companies can be showing as live on the agent portal even when HMRC do not hold CT41G information. So has anyone else got any comments on this or have any pointers that I might be missing to prevent these time wasting calls for both me and HMRC.
Something that shows whether CT41G information has been filed or not on the portal is surely the answer, but presumably faaaaaaar too complex to add!
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 119 3
- error on companies house accounts 160 5
- ACCA Accountants Report 125 1
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 197 5
- Newly Started Practice 236 6
- Commission on holiday accrual 78 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 163 2
- HMRC computer behind the times 208 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 124 2
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 353 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 248 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 175 2
- Generic Notification Notices 136 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 454 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 120 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 440 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 100 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 251 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 152 1
- fraud 420 1
- QROP pension input amounts 477
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 442
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 421
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 269
- EPS and CIS deductions 262
- Construction CIS LLP Company 248
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 215
- SAGE winforecast 181
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 173
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 166