Another CT41G comment!
Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?
Example: New client comes to you after having set up a Limited Company online somehow. You become their agent and want to make sure they have registered as trading and submitted the old CT41G information. They think they have but are maybe not sure because the old form has been replaced with an ambiguous kind of letter suggesting they do it online if they haven’t already done so. They often even presume they have registered all relevant information because the letter contains a UTR therefore they must have registered, Right? (Wrong!).
Being the kind of caring adviser that I am, I like to make sure for them, but the only way I can find out every time is by calling the new centralised HMRC number and going through a painful conversation with somebody who doesn’t know what you are asking half the time, in an attempt to find out. In fact I have already been told on one occasion that HMRC had the info when in fact it later transpired they did not!
I have even been told conflicting answers from operators along the lines of:
Answer 1: “If the accounting periods are showing as LIVE on the agent portal then they must have registered their info, otherwise they would be dormant”
Answer 2: “All the new company’s accounting periods show as LIVE as default, so that doesn’t tell you if they have filed CT41G information”
I myself have found answer 2 to coincide with my experiences and I know for a fact that companies can be showing as live on the agent portal even when HMRC do not hold CT41G information. So has anyone else got any comments on this or have any pointers that I might be missing to prevent these time wasting calls for both me and HMRC.
Something that shows whether CT41G information has been filed or not on the portal is surely the answer, but presumably faaaaaaar too complex to add!
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 326 5
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 391 17
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,632 35
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 318 9
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 569 22
- SDLT 323 9
- Windows 10 anyone? 281 7
- Can an owner hold company money 203 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 443 9
- Ireland 434 1
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 238 5
- Bankstream 1,104 26
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 950 17
- Class 2 NIC 121 2
- Benefit in Kind 221 7
- Dutch Accountant 439 1
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 154 1
- FACTA form help with CRS definitions for SSAS 197 4
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 830 4
- Restricted interest relief 162 2
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 832
- Benchmark accounting software 684
- Members in Public Practice 513
- Sole trader registering for the first time 320
- Oplex Careers CPD 320
- What are HMRC implying? 286
- VAT 256
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 241
- Payroll manager and the cloud 212
- Is the APN valid 193