Another CT41G comment!
Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?
Example: New client comes to you after having set up a Limited Company online somehow. You become their agent and want to make sure they have registered as trading and submitted the old CT41G information. They think they have but are maybe not sure because the old form has been replaced with an ambiguous kind of letter suggesting they do it online if they haven’t already done so. They often even presume they have registered all relevant information because the letter contains a UTR therefore they must have registered, Right? (Wrong!).
Being the kind of caring adviser that I am, I like to make sure for them, but the only way I can find out every time is by calling the new centralised HMRC number and going through a painful conversation with somebody who doesn’t know what you are asking half the time, in an attempt to find out. In fact I have already been told on one occasion that HMRC had the info when in fact it later transpired they did not!
I have even been told conflicting answers from operators along the lines of:
Answer 1: “If the accounting periods are showing as LIVE on the agent portal then they must have registered their info, otherwise they would be dormant”
Answer 2: “All the new company’s accounting periods show as LIVE as default, so that doesn’t tell you if they have filed CT41G information”
I myself have found answer 2 to coincide with my experiences and I know for a fact that companies can be showing as live on the agent portal even when HMRC do not hold CT41G information. So has anyone else got any comments on this or have any pointers that I might be missing to prevent these time wasting calls for both me and HMRC.
Something that shows whether CT41G information has been filed or not on the portal is surely the answer, but presumably faaaaaaar too complex to add!
- LLp Profits 43 2
- Anyone else still working this week? 65 3
- Am I getting Soft?? 474 12
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 143 10
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 238 5
- AIA 86 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 175 3
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,476 44
- Taxation of the sale Record rights 81 1
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 348 18
- Cocaine anyone? 797 13
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 347 7
- Benefit in Kind 403 9
- How much does the company pay 259 5
- Lack of VAT Receipt 227 4
- Personal pension 498 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 656 22
- FAO BTC tech geek type people 172 2
- Help with CGT please 172 3
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,510 5
- Hive up 527
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 486
- corporate hierarchy 460
- Advice - 309
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 254
- WWOOFers 249
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 229
- The booking.com con 215
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 205
- Cocaine anyone? 195