Another CT41G comment!
Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?
Example: New client comes to you after having set up a Limited Company online somehow. You become their agent and want to make sure they have registered as trading and submitted the old CT41G information. They think they have but are maybe not sure because the old form has been replaced with an ambiguous kind of letter suggesting they do it online if they haven’t already done so. They often even presume they have registered all relevant information because the letter contains a UTR therefore they must have registered, Right? (Wrong!).
Being the kind of caring adviser that I am, I like to make sure for them, but the only way I can find out every time is by calling the new centralised HMRC number and going through a painful conversation with somebody who doesn’t know what you are asking half the time, in an attempt to find out. In fact I have already been told on one occasion that HMRC had the info when in fact it later transpired they did not!
I have even been told conflicting answers from operators along the lines of:
Answer 1: “If the accounting periods are showing as LIVE on the agent portal then they must have registered their info, otherwise they would be dormant”
Answer 2: “All the new company’s accounting periods show as LIVE as default, so that doesn’t tell you if they have filed CT41G information”
I myself have found answer 2 to coincide with my experiences and I know for a fact that companies can be showing as live on the agent portal even when HMRC do not hold CT41G information. So has anyone else got any comments on this or have any pointers that I might be missing to prevent these time wasting calls for both me and HMRC.
Something that shows whether CT41G information has been filed or not on the portal is surely the answer, but presumably faaaaaaar too complex to add!
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 26 1
- Capital payments offshore trust 60 1
- Pay in Lieu of notice 56 2
- Gift with reservation, IHT & CGT 88 1
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,070 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 67 2
- Unreimbursed employee expenses 167 1
- Deduction from Salary 454 11
- Doctor and Locum Work 139 2
- State pension 119 1
- NALS Accountants Report 285 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 256 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,118 40
- CIC Company 616 11
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 275 6
- This is getting boring 466 10
- 27,000 Really? 727 24
- VAT on printing when being a third party 103 2
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 200 3
- Farm barn lettings 133 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 632
- Cancelled 374
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 348
- Cancelled 322
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 298
- Probiz 287
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 256
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 245
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 214
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 190