Any Company Secretarial experts here - advice needed please
Can someone advise please?
A company has three shareholders who each have one equal rights ordinary share.
Two of the shareholders are also directors.
The company is a small company, and is no longer trading, but there are dividend payments in the accounting period, and a corporation tax return is required. There are assets in the company.
None of the shareholders are connected as far as I'm aware.
One of the shareholders is not replying to correspondence or communicating at all, and in the last communication was not prepared to agree the accounts.
The accounts are now overdue at Companies House and penalties are accruing.
What is the suggested way forward please?
Would I be right in thinking that the other director can issue notice to the other two shareholders of an Annual General Meeting to be held in at least fourteen days time, whith the agenda to adopt the accounts?
Can one of the directors do this without the agreement of the other director?
Is there an alternative or better option?
Thanks for any advice.
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 220 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 24 1
- Have i messed up? 733 11
- VAT on garage rent 97 8
- Are HMRC getting it right? 416 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 47 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 72 2
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 237 8
- Tasks for new trainees 130 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 60 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 50 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 552 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 98 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,636 46
- Property scam victim 297 4
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 248 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,804 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 167 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 139 2
- Partnership returns software 88 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,085
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 572
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 382
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 286
- Charge out rates in London? 240
- Interest on Loan to a Company 187
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 173
- Agent fees to sell business 162
- Alphabet shares 159
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 153