Anybody know anything about pubs?
After years of refusing to deal with them (other than as a punter) one of my clients has money in his pocket and, despite my tutting, is determined that this is what he wants to invest in. He has a background in the restaurant business.
He's looking at a well established and maintained pub including restaurant and a few bedrooms. Turnover approx 55% food, 35% wet & 10% accommodation.
What I'm interested to know is the sort of questions he should be asking or numbers he should be looking at, also whether there are industry rules of thumb over valuations. There's a manager, chef & staff in place and I doubt he'll want to upset that to start with but longer term he's likely to want to take over as owner/manager.
Not much to ask I know(!) but any help to save me looking like a disinterested wally, would be gratefully received.
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 138 6
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 128 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,556 41
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 422 12
- Aggressive HMRC 1,750 19
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 124 5
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 130 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 84 2
- Partnership returns software 32 1
- Personal consumption by landlord 243 2
- Business purchase cost - treatment? 25 1
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 54 1
- company loss, Can he start again?? 111 4
- Early repayment of CIS deductions - sole trader 114 5
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 240 1
- VAT chargeable or not? 228 4
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 419 8
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 78 4
- Charity reserves 354 6
- Property scam victim 242 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,070
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 568
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 378
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 284
- Charge out rates in London? 231
- Interest on Loan to a Company 182
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 167
- Agent fees to sell business 156
- Alphabet shares 149
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 146