Anyone know of any decent and reasonably priced staff planning software?
I have a few new clients, most are startups, where business has taken off. These are all service businesses so the most important thing for them is to be able to track all the jobs and make sure the right person goes to the right job and they aren't double booked.
Take a cleaning company for example. They can have up to 15 jobs on on any one day and 25 staff. Using a spreadsheet or outlook diary is becoming unwieldy.
When I was at PwC we had a great piece of software called Retain which would be perfect for what I have in mind - but I expect that is far too expensive for a small business.
What I need is something that produces a matrix where you can list all the jobs down the left hand side and the time across the top. Into the matrix I want to be able to allocate staff to the jobs. I also want to be able to run a report by employee to show what they have been allocated for a particular day/week. In theory Excel can manage the first aspect easily enough (although planning more than a week ahead might get messy as you'll likely need 24 columns for each day - hour day split into half hour blocks). Maybe it can do the latter and I'm not as good with Excel as I might be.
There must be something out there as I can't believe this is difficult to programme if you have a basic understanding of programming - which of course I don't.
- Self-assessment statistics 2,476 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 222 5
- Transmission of ISA 51 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 194 2
- Next Move 716 20
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 193 2
- Not renewing AAT 678 9
- CGT of shares gifted 384 6
- New dividend taxation 510 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,802 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 168 1
- Company car v company allowance 295 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 438 9
- Company formation and bank account 446 9
- Owning overseas property 357 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 292 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 289 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 712 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 743 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 291 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 669
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 410
- Property letting & CAs 400
- 2015 tax year end 397
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 396
- FCA regulated company in a small group 348
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 322
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 242
- Costly Accounting Software contract 214
- DTA tie-breaker issue 213