Anyone know of any decent and reasonably priced staff planning software?
I have a few new clients, most are startups, where business has taken off. These are all service businesses so the most important thing for them is to be able to track all the jobs and make sure the right person goes to the right job and they aren't double booked.
Take a cleaning company for example. They can have up to 15 jobs on on any one day and 25 staff. Using a spreadsheet or outlook diary is becoming unwieldy.
When I was at PwC we had a great piece of software called Retain which would be perfect for what I have in mind - but I expect that is far too expensive for a small business.
What I need is something that produces a matrix where you can list all the jobs down the left hand side and the time across the top. Into the matrix I want to be able to allocate staff to the jobs. I also want to be able to run a report by employee to show what they have been allocated for a particular day/week. In theory Excel can manage the first aspect easily enough (although planning more than a week ahead might get messy as you'll likely need 24 columns for each day - hour day split into half hour blocks). Maybe it can do the latter and I'm not as good with Excel as I might be.
There must be something out there as I can't believe this is difficult to programme if you have a basic understanding of programming - which of course I don't.
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 160 4
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 409 4
- RTI Easement Until 2016 70 2
- Altered PAYE cheque 361 8
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 345 9
- Write off of former director's loan 679 10
- Added years superannuation 97 3
- RTI 252 6
- Contingent Asset Disclosure 35 1
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 132 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 788 19
- RTI Student Loan Reconciliation 328 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,063 64
- Sole trader - bank statements 239 13
- Am i Liable? 549 14
- Childcare vouchers 85 1
- Late registration for VAT 88 1
- Experienced Mentor 126 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 885 14
- which software to use? 309 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,253
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 616
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 413
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 322
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 226
- Alphabet shares 204
- Agent fees to sell business 195
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 194
- Office recharges 157
- Tax position on lease extension 145