Anyone know of any decent and reasonably priced staff planning software?
I have a few new clients, most are startups, where business has taken off. These are all service businesses so the most important thing for them is to be able to track all the jobs and make sure the right person goes to the right job and they aren't double booked.
Take a cleaning company for example. They can have up to 15 jobs on on any one day and 25 staff. Using a spreadsheet or outlook diary is becoming unwieldy.
When I was at PwC we had a great piece of software called Retain which would be perfect for what I have in mind - but I expect that is far too expensive for a small business.
What I need is something that produces a matrix where you can list all the jobs down the left hand side and the time across the top. Into the matrix I want to be able to allocate staff to the jobs. I also want to be able to run a report by employee to show what they have been allocated for a particular day/week. In theory Excel can manage the first aspect easily enough (although planning more than a week ahead might get messy as you'll likely need 24 columns for each day - hour day split into half hour blocks). Maybe it can do the latter and I'm not as good with Excel as I might be.
There must be something out there as I can't believe this is difficult to programme if you have a basic understanding of programming - which of course I don't.
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 112 2
- Hmrc software 189 3
- Mehjoo 251 1
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 187 2
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 91 1
- SA302 253 4
- Hosted email exchange 168 5
- South African Government Pension 176 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 154 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 263 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 293 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 234 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 143 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 271 7
- New Email Extensions 181 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 305 2
- Dental practice incorpration 147 1
- Audit rules 174 4
- Go Cardless 304 8
- business entertaining deductibility 175 1
- Xtuple 505
- Qtac payroll for bureau 342
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 289
- Industrial & Provident Societies 281
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 224
- Domain name sale and limited company 165
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 164
- CIS schemes 159
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 150
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 137