Anyone know of any decent and reasonably priced staff planning software?
I have a few new clients, most are startups, where business has taken off. These are all service businesses so the most important thing for them is to be able to track all the jobs and make sure the right person goes to the right job and they aren't double booked.
Take a cleaning company for example. They can have up to 15 jobs on on any one day and 25 staff. Using a spreadsheet or outlook diary is becoming unwieldy.
When I was at PwC we had a great piece of software called Retain which would be perfect for what I have in mind - but I expect that is far too expensive for a small business.
What I need is something that produces a matrix where you can list all the jobs down the left hand side and the time across the top. Into the matrix I want to be able to allocate staff to the jobs. I also want to be able to run a report by employee to show what they have been allocated for a particular day/week. In theory Excel can manage the first aspect easily enough (although planning more than a week ahead might get messy as you'll likely need 24 columns for each day - hour day split into half hour blocks). Maybe it can do the latter and I'm not as good with Excel as I might be.
There must be something out there as I can't believe this is difficult to programme if you have a basic understanding of programming - which of course I don't.
- get an accountant not an unqulified accounting clerk 128 8
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 223 3
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 75 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 70 2
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 524 13
- CGT history of shares 194 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 151 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 215 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 345 6
- CGT on sale of let property 137 2
- how do i get UTR 162 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 98 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 250 3
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 154 1
- Your comments please 329 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 205 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 140 2
- EIS 204 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 143 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 122 2
- Moving away from CCH software 972
- QROP pension input amounts 456
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 402
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 387
- fraud 309
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 288
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 249
- Construction CIS LLP Company 234
- EPS and CIS deductions 228
- Out of time or not? 215