Anyone know of any decent and reasonably priced staff planning software?
I have a few new clients, most are startups, where business has taken off. These are all service businesses so the most important thing for them is to be able to track all the jobs and make sure the right person goes to the right job and they aren't double booked.
Take a cleaning company for example. They can have up to 15 jobs on on any one day and 25 staff. Using a spreadsheet or outlook diary is becoming unwieldy.
When I was at PwC we had a great piece of software called Retain which would be perfect for what I have in mind - but I expect that is far too expensive for a small business.
What I need is something that produces a matrix where you can list all the jobs down the left hand side and the time across the top. Into the matrix I want to be able to allocate staff to the jobs. I also want to be able to run a report by employee to show what they have been allocated for a particular day/week. In theory Excel can manage the first aspect easily enough (although planning more than a week ahead might get messy as you'll likely need 24 columns for each day - hour day split into half hour blocks). Maybe it can do the latter and I'm not as good with Excel as I might be.
There must be something out there as I can't believe this is difficult to programme if you have a basic understanding of programming - which of course I don't.
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,076 15
- CGT on spouse's death 242 11
- Tax relief for networking day out? 449 12
- VAT on non-denominated postage 45 2
- Starting Again 243 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 609 19
- CT101 Completion 124 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 41 1
- Non resident pension withdrawal 143 2
- Mortgage Adviser's request 259 6
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 713 35
- P11D Software 771 9
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 197 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 265 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 390 10
- Payroll software 186 4
- Company UTR numbers 302 6
- Summer house for business only 138 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 118 1
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 161 3
- Construction CIS LLP Company 596
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 581
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 381
- Pensions Regulator 346
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 284
- Using the correct forms 262
- SA penalty proposals 250
- RTI - duplicate employee record 240
- Accelerated payment notices 229
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 216