Anyone know of any decent and reasonably priced staff planning software?
I have a few new clients, most are startups, where business has taken off. These are all service businesses so the most important thing for them is to be able to track all the jobs and make sure the right person goes to the right job and they aren't double booked.
Take a cleaning company for example. They can have up to 15 jobs on on any one day and 25 staff. Using a spreadsheet or outlook diary is becoming unwieldy.
When I was at PwC we had a great piece of software called Retain which would be perfect for what I have in mind - but I expect that is far too expensive for a small business.
What I need is something that produces a matrix where you can list all the jobs down the left hand side and the time across the top. Into the matrix I want to be able to allocate staff to the jobs. I also want to be able to run a report by employee to show what they have been allocated for a particular day/week. In theory Excel can manage the first aspect easily enough (although planning more than a week ahead might get messy as you'll likely need 24 columns for each day - hour day split into half hour blocks). Maybe it can do the latter and I'm not as good with Excel as I might be.
There must be something out there as I can't believe this is difficult to programme if you have a basic understanding of programming - which of course I don't.
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 204 4
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 428 8
- Operating lease 29 1
- paye scheme very used 129 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 784 25
- Disclosure query 95 3
- Invoice factoring 56 2
- Auto enrolment 267 4
- Reverse charge - do you always book it? 230 6
- LLP Accounts format 77 1
- Scoot 294 6
- A question about share structure 62 1
- Corporation tax due date confusion 190 3
- Top slicing relief question 147 2
- Share swap 189 3
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 311 2
- Tax on sale of shares 168 3
- Accountants' Error 883 17
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 344 3
- Unclaimed amortisation of goodwill 228 6
- Skandia using wrong address 1,463
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 784
- Any views 711
- HMRC Employers Diary 531
- International interest certificate 428
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 398
- Sale of business 360
- NOVA 267
- Advertising services? 263
- IRIS Open Books problem 259