Anyone know of any decent and reasonably priced staff planning software?
I have a few new clients, most are startups, where business has taken off. These are all service businesses so the most important thing for them is to be able to track all the jobs and make sure the right person goes to the right job and they aren't double booked.
Take a cleaning company for example. They can have up to 15 jobs on on any one day and 25 staff. Using a spreadsheet or outlook diary is becoming unwieldy.
When I was at PwC we had a great piece of software called Retain which would be perfect for what I have in mind - but I expect that is far too expensive for a small business.
What I need is something that produces a matrix where you can list all the jobs down the left hand side and the time across the top. Into the matrix I want to be able to allocate staff to the jobs. I also want to be able to run a report by employee to show what they have been allocated for a particular day/week. In theory Excel can manage the first aspect easily enough (although planning more than a week ahead might get messy as you'll likely need 24 columns for each day - hour day split into half hour blocks). Maybe it can do the latter and I'm not as good with Excel as I might be.
There must be something out there as I can't believe this is difficult to programme if you have a basic understanding of programming - which of course I don't.
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 114 7
- NEGLIGIBLE VALUE CLAIMS 156 4
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 1,774 24
- New business - journal entries 521 24
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 45 1
- IFA incorporation problems 275 4
- Why should I retain membership? 3,200 53
- Coding Notice 310 7
- Merger of Two companies 277 15
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 285 2
- PPR/CGT/Part-Disposal/Land 167 5
- nic class 1 on expenses mechanics 115 3
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 615 18
- IR35 Low, medium or high risk 187 1
- Wear and tear allowance 1,442 13
- Residency test 245 5
- IHT dilemma 839 15
- Sum Product - Pulling my hair out! 667 13
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 167 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 385 8
- Auto enrolment excuses 952
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 735
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 424
- Excuses, excuses!!! 295
- Social investment tax relief 232
- Digita Hosted Software 231
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 220
- Call Centre Data Costs 216
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 197
- Travel costs and contractors 197