Anyone know of any decent and reasonably priced staff planning software?
I have a few new clients, most are startups, where business has taken off. These are all service businesses so the most important thing for them is to be able to track all the jobs and make sure the right person goes to the right job and they aren't double booked.
Take a cleaning company for example. They can have up to 15 jobs on on any one day and 25 staff. Using a spreadsheet or outlook diary is becoming unwieldy.
When I was at PwC we had a great piece of software called Retain which would be perfect for what I have in mind - but I expect that is far too expensive for a small business.
What I need is something that produces a matrix where you can list all the jobs down the left hand side and the time across the top. Into the matrix I want to be able to allocate staff to the jobs. I also want to be able to run a report by employee to show what they have been allocated for a particular day/week. In theory Excel can manage the first aspect easily enough (although planning more than a week ahead might get messy as you'll likely need 24 columns for each day - hour day split into half hour blocks). Maybe it can do the latter and I'm not as good with Excel as I might be.
There must be something out there as I can't believe this is difficult to programme if you have a basic understanding of programming - which of course I don't.
- Let Property Campaign 149 2
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 32 1
- What would you do? 319 2
- Taxable income for previous years 349 8
- VAT position on EU supplies/commission 60 1
- Depreciation on purchase of software 133 2
- Moneysoft - technical query 178 3
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,296 16
- App recommendations 321 4
- Defend your local inspector? 616 7
- accountant in Bristol 498 1
- New Company Director PAYE Question 757 20
- Exasperated by HMRC 2,130 19
- How long should one give Aweb … 704 9
- Resident and Non-resident 760 7
- Benefit in Kind - Director loan or not? 161 3
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 411 16
- Working Hours Calculation - Rounding Hours up/down 138 2
- Self employed Self Assessment 396 2
- Applying for clearance before 5 years share ownership 172 2
- HMRC arbitrarily amending tax returns for higher rate child benefit charge 354
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 343
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 277
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 251
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 251
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 242
- Electric Car 193
- S222 Charge 184
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 171
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 171