Anyone know of any decent and reasonably priced staff planning software?
I have a few new clients, most are startups, where business has taken off. These are all service businesses so the most important thing for them is to be able to track all the jobs and make sure the right person goes to the right job and they aren't double booked.
Take a cleaning company for example. They can have up to 15 jobs on on any one day and 25 staff. Using a spreadsheet or outlook diary is becoming unwieldy.
When I was at PwC we had a great piece of software called Retain which would be perfect for what I have in mind - but I expect that is far too expensive for a small business.
What I need is something that produces a matrix where you can list all the jobs down the left hand side and the time across the top. Into the matrix I want to be able to allocate staff to the jobs. I also want to be able to run a report by employee to show what they have been allocated for a particular day/week. In theory Excel can manage the first aspect easily enough (although planning more than a week ahead might get messy as you'll likely need 24 columns for each day - hour day split into half hour blocks). Maybe it can do the latter and I'm not as good with Excel as I might be.
There must be something out there as I can't believe this is difficult to programme if you have a basic understanding of programming - which of course I don't.
- Anyone else still working this week? 381 12
- Using home as clients registered address 95 3
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 502 12
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 97 2
- How much does the company pay 691 30
- AIA 282 18
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 172 5
- Childcare vouchers 324 6
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 46 1
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 237 2
- I have done a terrible thing 766 15
- HMRC property income enquiry 353 8
- Not paying accountant 1,865 46
- Cash basis VAT return 97 1
- VAT on Business Premises 95 2
- Consolidation Software 145 2
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,035 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,207 32
- LLp Profits 142 5
- two business from one premises 147 2
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 504
- corporate hierarchy 467
- Advice - 320
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 268
- WWOOFers 259
- The booking.com con 243
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 235
- Cocaine anyone? 221
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 215
- UK State pension paid in NZ 176