Anyone know of any decent and reasonably priced staff planning software?
I have a few new clients, most are startups, where business has taken off. These are all service businesses so the most important thing for them is to be able to track all the jobs and make sure the right person goes to the right job and they aren't double booked.
Take a cleaning company for example. They can have up to 15 jobs on on any one day and 25 staff. Using a spreadsheet or outlook diary is becoming unwieldy.
When I was at PwC we had a great piece of software called Retain which would be perfect for what I have in mind - but I expect that is far too expensive for a small business.
What I need is something that produces a matrix where you can list all the jobs down the left hand side and the time across the top. Into the matrix I want to be able to allocate staff to the jobs. I also want to be able to run a report by employee to show what they have been allocated for a particular day/week. In theory Excel can manage the first aspect easily enough (although planning more than a week ahead might get messy as you'll likely need 24 columns for each day - hour day split into half hour blocks). Maybe it can do the latter and I'm not as good with Excel as I might be.
There must be something out there as I can't believe this is difficult to programme if you have a basic understanding of programming - which of course I don't.
- Sole Trader to Ltd 83 1
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 422 13
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 608 8
- VT accounts licence key 362 6
- Starting up in practice - safety net 411 9
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 485 10
- Opening balances Sage 50 45 1
- Flat rate vat 327 4
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 235 6
- Rental property company 178 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 176 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,475 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,202 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 408 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 320 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 289 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 411 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 237 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 219 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 167 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 832
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 576
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 449
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 302
- Director Loan account operation 284
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 270
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 262
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 244
- Paye procedures for CVA 184