Anyone know of any decent and reasonably priced staff planning software?
I have a few new clients, most are startups, where business has taken off. These are all service businesses so the most important thing for them is to be able to track all the jobs and make sure the right person goes to the right job and they aren't double booked.
Take a cleaning company for example. They can have up to 15 jobs on on any one day and 25 staff. Using a spreadsheet or outlook diary is becoming unwieldy.
When I was at PwC we had a great piece of software called Retain which would be perfect for what I have in mind - but I expect that is far too expensive for a small business.
What I need is something that produces a matrix where you can list all the jobs down the left hand side and the time across the top. Into the matrix I want to be able to allocate staff to the jobs. I also want to be able to run a report by employee to show what they have been allocated for a particular day/week. In theory Excel can manage the first aspect easily enough (although planning more than a week ahead might get messy as you'll likely need 24 columns for each day - hour day split into half hour blocks). Maybe it can do the latter and I'm not as good with Excel as I might be.
There must be something out there as I can't believe this is difficult to programme if you have a basic understanding of programming - which of course I don't.
- Moneysoft Payroll 344 12
- Client right to working papers 1,577 13
- 31st october deadline 92 4
- Self-employed 773 17
- Form17 75 2
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 387 14
- Limited company taking a share in a new limited company 87 3
- Who owns the tax computations - client or accountant ? 630 17
- Seeking advice: Retired self employed working from home 347 6
- VAT registration and two trades 214 2
- VAT on residential properties 290 5
- Microsoft One Drive 815 30
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 995 15
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 531 8
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 180 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 949 20
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 294 4
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 219 4
- vat gross margins 198 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 258 4
- NHS finance professionals 677
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 414
- Foreign Pension Contribution 386
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 374
- vat gross profit percentage margins 372
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 360
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 315
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 286
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 249
- IFA income recognition & reporting 215