Anyone know of any decent and reasonably priced staff planning software?
I have a few new clients, most are startups, where business has taken off. These are all service businesses so the most important thing for them is to be able to track all the jobs and make sure the right person goes to the right job and they aren't double booked.
Take a cleaning company for example. They can have up to 15 jobs on on any one day and 25 staff. Using a spreadsheet or outlook diary is becoming unwieldy.
When I was at PwC we had a great piece of software called Retain which would be perfect for what I have in mind - but I expect that is far too expensive for a small business.
What I need is something that produces a matrix where you can list all the jobs down the left hand side and the time across the top. Into the matrix I want to be able to allocate staff to the jobs. I also want to be able to run a report by employee to show what they have been allocated for a particular day/week. In theory Excel can manage the first aspect easily enough (although planning more than a week ahead might get messy as you'll likely need 24 columns for each day - hour day split into half hour blocks). Maybe it can do the latter and I'm not as good with Excel as I might be.
There must be something out there as I can't believe this is difficult to programme if you have a basic understanding of programming - which of course I don't.
- Any Scottish members out there? 6,338 232
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 125 3
- Recycle old study books 412 11
- Being Tax relevant 398 5
- FIFA game and making money 173 6
- 50% Shareholder & Director stealing money from the business 145 3
- Client has never prepared tax returns 335 2
- Kind of shares to take in an LTD 117 2
- Tax investigation pending 1,398 8
- Trademark Fun 264 7
- CIS paid on behalf of a limited company 90 2
- Distribution on cessation of trade 230 4
- Anti Money Laundering Checks 168 1
- Changing font size in VT Transaction+ 227 6
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,547 38
- Can I strike off a company by filing DS01 online? 240 2
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 198 3
- Subsistence - god I hate it! 726 14
- How to issue a loan correctly? 245 2
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 206 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,065
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 345
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 292
- National Insurance 247
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 226
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 224
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 210
- Payments on account coded out?? 204
- Non Resident 166
- Franchise income and costs 155