Anyone know of any decent and reasonably priced staff planning software?
I have a few new clients, most are startups, where business has taken off. These are all service businesses so the most important thing for them is to be able to track all the jobs and make sure the right person goes to the right job and they aren't double booked.
Take a cleaning company for example. They can have up to 15 jobs on on any one day and 25 staff. Using a spreadsheet or outlook diary is becoming unwieldy.
When I was at PwC we had a great piece of software called Retain which would be perfect for what I have in mind - but I expect that is far too expensive for a small business.
What I need is something that produces a matrix where you can list all the jobs down the left hand side and the time across the top. Into the matrix I want to be able to allocate staff to the jobs. I also want to be able to run a report by employee to show what they have been allocated for a particular day/week. In theory Excel can manage the first aspect easily enough (although planning more than a week ahead might get messy as you'll likely need 24 columns for each day - hour day split into half hour blocks). Maybe it can do the latter and I'm not as good with Excel as I might be.
There must be something out there as I can't believe this is difficult to programme if you have a basic understanding of programming - which of course I don't.
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 119 2
- Can you help me spot errors? 263 3
- Community awards 2014 - first category 55 2
- Payment plans for clients 253 3
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 398 11
- CT600 235 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 298 16
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 36 1
- Lease 105 4
- Free invoicing software 485 4
- Digita Hosted Software 389 4
- signature required 856 31
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,288 21
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 161 5
- Thin Client recomendation 203 3
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 179 5
- VAT Office Grimsby 153 2
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 108 2
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 123 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,292 15
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,297
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 849
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 539
- Credit where credit's due....... 333
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 252
- TheTax Donut 220
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 180
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 169
- Director's business mileage 143
- Sole trader CPD 143