Anyone know of any decent and reasonably priced staff planning software?
I have a few new clients, most are startups, where business has taken off. These are all service businesses so the most important thing for them is to be able to track all the jobs and make sure the right person goes to the right job and they aren't double booked.
Take a cleaning company for example. They can have up to 15 jobs on on any one day and 25 staff. Using a spreadsheet or outlook diary is becoming unwieldy.
When I was at PwC we had a great piece of software called Retain which would be perfect for what I have in mind - but I expect that is far too expensive for a small business.
What I need is something that produces a matrix where you can list all the jobs down the left hand side and the time across the top. Into the matrix I want to be able to allocate staff to the jobs. I also want to be able to run a report by employee to show what they have been allocated for a particular day/week. In theory Excel can manage the first aspect easily enough (although planning more than a week ahead might get messy as you'll likely need 24 columns for each day - hour day split into half hour blocks). Maybe it can do the latter and I'm not as good with Excel as I might be.
There must be something out there as I can't believe this is difficult to programme if you have a basic understanding of programming - which of course I don't.
- wave software 98 1
- Freelance software consultant 314 5
- client can't/won't pay 250 11
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 66 2
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,122 14
- Window Comb Binder Cover 84 2
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 205 5
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 128 3
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 203 6
- losses carried forward 361 10
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 463 22
- Auto enrolment 1,617 26
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 207 8
- VT 344 7
- Warning! Cannot pay SA tax at Post Office 696 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 149 2
- Ongoing trade? 239 5
- Tax Enquiry - Inspector Error 293 2
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 897 41
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 151 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 778
- Copy Wanted 489
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 452
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 450
- Latest phishing scam 279
- Entrepreneurs' relief 264
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 260
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 243
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 230
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 226