Are undrawn profits a "loan" for s455 purposes?
following on from a recent post along the same lines.
Corporate partner is allocated a share of revenue profits but doesn't receive them in cash terms. This current account with the partnership is shown in the company accounts as a debtor. The cash is annual drawn down by the individual partner, who controls the company.
The partnership is not a genuine scottish partnership therefore this http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/ctmanual/CTM61515.htm wont apply..
Q, would s455 apply?
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 133 2
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 136 3
- Capital Gain? 515 14
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 233 5
- Sell business after leaving country 141 2
- How much to charge? 255 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 183 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 640 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 245 2
- break even point 596 18
- Simple consolidation question 130 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 394 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,002 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 407 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 208 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 297 5
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 186 4
- IHT Query 255 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 448 2
- BrightPay 701 22
- Possible Partnership? 468
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 444
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 431
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 235
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 230
- Clubs and Taxable Income 222
- New Fangled Penalties 221
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 216
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 188
- Loans to other companies 169